Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:14:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mental barrier stops from buying BTC  (Read 3676 times)
fasdorcas

Activity: 798
Merit: 527

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 05:03:59 AM

Not so long ago we've all whitnessed bitcoin at price 2k usd per btc. Now it is 4k. Sometimes before buying BTC I have a strong feeling that the price will fall pretty soon and I hould wait a bit before buying. Usually it all ends bad. Anyone have the same problem? How are you dealing with it?
Risk and fear are the two main mental barriers. It's totally normal to have a certain amount of tension that the prices of bitcoin might plunge down a bit. But that shouldn't stop anyone from investing into bitcoin which can make you a prosperous person with it's benefits. I deal with it by not putting all my savings into bitcoin, and keeping faith in cryptocurrencies.
Risk Is in every investment but in bitcoin it doesn’t matter a lot bitcoin surely gives benefits to all costumer at the same time and pump is dump is the basics of bitcoin and these are the two major things that are playing role to generate profit in shorter time span, one should invest without fear in it so that he can also join the community of profiteers and rich people.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Anthonyxx

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 06:19:31 AM

Not so long ago we've all whitnessed bitcoin at price 2k usd per btc. Now it is 4k. Sometimes before buying BTC I have a strong feeling that the price will fall pretty soon and I hould wait a bit before buying. Usually it all ends bad. Anyone have the same problem? How are you dealing with it?

Yeah I had the same problem,when price was around 1000 dollars.
There were like to 'camps' of people,ones who advocated the opinion that it's the all time high and that the price will just be falling further on.
It was actually true until price started reaching all time high again this year,but I still thought it won't go over 2000$.
The other group of people were stating that was just the beginning,and the price could reach more than 10,000$.
Initially I was more sceptical,but now that I've seen price just tearing down 3k,4k and then 5k barriers,now I'm convinced there's nothing to stop bitcoin price from rising in future.
swetka

Activity: 448

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 06:39:14 AM

There were like to 'camps' of people,ones who advocated the opinion that it's the all time high and that the price will just be falling further on.
It was actually true until price started reaching all time high again this year,but I still thought it won't go over 2000$.
The other group of people were stating that was just the beginning,and the price could reach more than 10,000$.
Initially I was more sceptical,but now that I've seen price just tearing down 3k,4k and then 5k barriers,now I'm convinced there's nothing to stop bitcoin price from rising in future.
there is still such a situation When you stored Bitcoin to raise the price, and eventually had to sell at a low price because of the need for money. The fact is that I'm very upset by this situation, but in general there's nothing to be done. I think that in the future I will be more reserved and considerate.
cluit
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 10:15:41 AM

That is what i always feel when i don't have bitcoin but i want to buy some. It stops me from buying a lot of bitcoins because it makes me think that bitcoin is not a stable currency and it will fall after a pump because that is the nature of being volatile and i deal with it by just thinking that if i want to be safe then i need to put it on long term just to make sure that i am not going to lose any of my fiat investment.
Think positively and invest in bitcoin as much as you can because upcoming era will be of bitcoin and everyone will use bitcoin and at that time prices will be at top and there will be difficult to afford such prices, it will give you benefits in future and will allow you to secure god profit and also to raise living standards as well so without hesitation invest.
In fact there was a psychological impact on the mind of people after china banning ICOS and crypto currencies, and therefore they were not taking more interest in bitcoin. but now we can see that the investors start buying again so its means that their psychologicsl basrier is over now. We can expect a bullish trend for a long time. Even the hard fork will not effect the currency increasin really of bitcoin.
In my opinion, it is not the mental barrier which is stopping the people to buy bitcoins. In fact it is the market price of bitcoin which is causing a lot of troubles for so many who actually want to buy bitcoins. Moreover, by looking at the positive side of the bitcoin I don’t think so there will be anything which can prevent those who can afford buying of bitcoin to buy bitcoins.
topvmax

Activity: 166

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 04:44:22 PM

I think there are a lot of people with same problems, including me.
Development, adoption and price of all cryptos will grow faster and faster every day. It's all about money and money concerns everyone. IMO there is a lot of smart investors, with pockets full of money (FIAT), which are waiting for the price to drop so they can buy. So I buy some BTC every month regardless the price.

surely everyone has problems like this. depending on how attitudes of each individual, will the problem train mentally and become a lesson for the future or even lower the mental to purchase BTC

i think everyone has their way of deciding what is right or wrong .. what is good and bad .. the thing is many people around the world is so hard for them to change their mindset or open their mind to the change. bitcoin is the change and the new market to make plenty money. the barrier of people to buy bitcoin is accepting the change that bitcoin bring. and we know in our lives that change is inevitable so you need to adjust to the society. we need flexibility so that we can survive and become successful in our lives.

nidacoinlove

Activity: 588
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 05:07:42 PM

there is still such a situation When you stored Bitcoin to raise the price, and eventually had to sell at a low price because of the need for money. The fact is that I'm very upset by this situation, but in general there's nothing to be done. I think that in the future I will be more reserved and considerate.
It's good to learn from the past experiences, this is how one should react to a past event. But let me tell you being reserved is not the key to success nor do it guarantees your success. Be vigilant and try to pick the right tools for yourself while making any decision regarding bitcoin. I  am hopeful that we will see the bitcoin price cruising  $10000 in the early 2018.
Be_Happy

Activity: 518
Merit: 283

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 06:32:57 PM

In fact, some people have a psychological barrier all their life prevents them from starting to engage in something serious, which will allow them to get a good profit.

innocent93
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 07:06:46 PM

i know that felling, but thanks to it i get more constructive, i mean i try to ignore what ever feelings i have because you cant be on the market based on your feelings. And however the transaction go, as long as the result is positive i am i a good mood.
setupbounds

Activity: 910
Merit: 509

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 08:52:24 AM

The decrease in the price of bitcoin happens for the very short span of time. Most of times, we experience the increase in the price of bitcoin. Bitcoin is no doubt a very profitable thing but you need to handle the situation very much carefully. Do not go for selling your bitcoin especially at the time when the market price is falling down. Wait for the right time to sell.

topvmax

Activity: 166

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 03:28:00 PM

It's completely normal. People need time to get accustomed with the prices. Do you think $1000 for a BTC is a lot? Would you pay it now or say it's too much? For many years $1000 was that mental barrier and people were dreaming of cashing out at $1000 and saying that nobody would buy above that price.
Just wait and if the price doesn't fall below $3000 until the end of the year people will start treating it like something normal and consider everything below it as a low price.

they want to wait for the time when bitcoin will drop huge value.. so that they can buy plenty but they dont realize that bitcoin is keep increasing to the point that every month it increase by 1000$ value. and now as of the moment bitcoin is 6100$ .. i dont think bitcoin will drop down to 4000$ level. end of the year we will see bitcoin in the 9000$ level. so hodl your bitcoin and altcoins .. altcoins will increase 20 folds aswell Smiley soon plenty people realize that its too late to invest to bitcoin because its too damn expensive. they will regret not investing early in bitcoin. they closed there mindset because plenty people saying that bitcoin is a fraud. people saying that bitcoin is a fraud is dont know how to accept change.

peter0425

Activity: 2646
Merit: 445

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 04:27:46 PM

It's completely normal. People need time to get accustomed with the prices. Do you think $1000 for a BTC is a lot? Would you pay it now or say it's too much? For many years $1000 was that mental barrier and people were dreaming of cashing out at $1000 and saying that nobody would buy above that price.
Just wait and if the price doesn't fall below $3000 until the end of the year people will start treating it like something normal and consider everything below it as a low price.

they want to wait for the time when bitcoin will drop huge value.. so that they can buy plenty but they dont realize that bitcoin is keep increasing to the point that every month it increase by 1000$ value. and now as of the moment bitcoin is 6100$ .. i dont think bitcoin will drop down to 4000$ level. end of the year we will see bitcoin in the 9000$ level. so hodl your bitcoin and altcoins .. altcoins will increase 20 folds aswell Smiley soon plenty people realize that its too late to invest to bitcoin because its too damn expensive. they will regret not investing early in bitcoin. they closed there mindset because plenty people saying that bitcoin is a fraud. people saying that bitcoin is a fraud is dont know how to accept change.

That's why they are really afraid to get it, they keep on waiting and it the value didn't drop to their desire, they won't be buying it. Then its become more of a mental barrier for them now to get bitcoin and they haven't notice until some time that the price of bitcoin is going higher and higher to the point that they cannot afford it anymore, thus the fear is getting stronger.

Well you will just have to convince yourself that Bitcoin will rise in the long-term. Look at graphs of Bitcoin’s price rise. Observe even if you want for ours that long-term positive bullish trend that is a defining characteristic of Bitcoin. Imprint it in your mind and you will want Bitcoin immediately. Also another method would be to look at the major price falls and then compare it will the major price gains. The price gains are always higher. And see how Bitcoin rose to never before seen heights even after a major fall. This will hopefully stop you from doubting the potential of Bitcoin. I personally do not doubt the potential of Bitcoin and I hope you train yourself not to either.

Bitcoin is for long term hold IMHO, if you look it at short term not only you will not get a huge margin of profit but you will not have the guts to buy it whatever the price will be. Your mind has been somewhat imprinted that bitcoin will not get the profits you want short term and might as well go to other source like altcoins.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
Pixyoxx

Activity: 291
Merit: 119

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 04:47:33 PM

With something like bitcoins, which is extremely unpredictable, and extremely volatile, we often get scared to invest in. We are always skeptic about whether the price will fall as soon as i invest, or will i loose all my money and all those questions. In this case we should only invest the extra cash if we have any. We should never invest an amount which we cannot afford loosing. You may have saved some money, which is any ways staying ideal. Use those here to invest so that even if by chance u lose them it wont be big of a shock. Well, prices are mostly expected to rise so its generally a profitable deal.
Vohoanghiep

Activity: 301

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 05:09:04 PM

I think mental barriers and negative thoughts about Bitcoins appear when people have read too many articles related to the predictions and negative thoughts about Bitcoin in the future. I respect your predictions but I do not encourage it to appear in the forum because it makes people nervous and market turbulent.
pendekar cinta

Activity: 490

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 05:32:06 PM

if you are currently still waiting for bitcoin prices to go down may take a very long time because never predicted before bitcoin able to show the best quality in Compare with other types of coins. I suggest that you already have a large capital buy directly bitcoin because you must be just waiting it takes about 1 to 2 weeks to re-sell at the highest price.

Jewell

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 11:40:01 PM
Last edit: October 22, 2017, 01:39:13 AM by Jewell

I think mental barriers and negative thoughts about Bitcoins appear when people have read too many articles related to the predictions and negative thoughts about Bitcoin in the future. I respect your predictions but I do not encourage it to appear in the forum because it makes people nervous and market turbulent.
To me i think that at 6000$ we can expect a mental barrier.  Actually $6000 is a high level to achieve, therefore i think that the price of bitcoin will take some good time here at 6000$ level, and then will take a next jump. I think that at the end of 2017 we expect about the price of bitcoin to reach to 8000 very smoothly, I think some people are even holding bitcoin for that price.
bakunawaaa

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 12:53:12 AM

I have the same problem, i always think that its too high to buy bitcoin right now. But the damn thing just keeps getting higher. I think last month when it got to 3k usd i still thought it was too high, but that was the perfect time to buy apparently.
fiulpro

Activity: 1862
Merit: 830

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 02:10:05 AM

Hello
You are not alone at all , there are many things that stop you from buying bitcoins and this indeed happens with all of us not just you , for example right now I think its a bad option to buy bitcoins because wm sure that the price will fall down after 25, before segwit2x , thus am waiting for the price to fall also my predictions can be wrong in a sense but still am mentally not just ready to use money as such.
Mental barriers are there and they play a role with everyone literally, its always a hard choice when you are using your money also you need to think about your profit and loss as well thus it for sure stops you 99% of the time from buying bitcoins.
I will for sure buy if the price falls below 2 lakh 50 thousand because! Now they will continue to rise Smiley and thats a really good thing.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
...#EndTheFUD...
pugman
Legendary

Activity: 2383
Merit: 1551

dogs are cute.

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2017, 02:27:35 AM

Most of the people have such a feeling, but then the difference is that they tend to realize on how situations are going to be in the future and take a risk and buy some btc, not specific in amount. If these mental barriers in your mind keep on influencing your decision, then my friend, you're going to face worse and worse situations than this. Let your inner self make the decision along with some smartness involved.

lordquanta

Activity: 770
Merit: 268

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 09:24:24 AM

I have the same problem, i always think that its too high to buy bitcoin right now. But the damn thing just keeps getting higher. I think last month when it got to 3k usd i still thought it was too high, but that was the perfect time to buy apparently.
Yes, that is correct. Because till now no single currency has achieved so high value status in recent history of economy. Certainly whenever there is all time high is achieved by bitcoin it is not clear whether that price is justified or not. Current prices  changes of bitcoin unregulated. Thus no one knows what could be correct price of market. Those who have deep pockets and willing to pump the market in order to gain more profit are doing is so far.  Every now and then we think price rise could be a bubble about to burst. This valid, because we all love the bitcoin and don't want to see bitcoin losing its significance.
It is difficult to find the reasoning in current 6k dollars price per bitcoin. As investor I find it much profitable and happy that profit has increased multiple times.
Chyton

Activity: 322
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 09:48:36 AM

Nah, you're not the only one dealing with that problem. I thought Bitcoin will go down to around $1000 when it's $2000, but my prediction is wrong and I ended up buying Bitcoin at $3000  Sad. I think Bitcoin is not your ordinary guessing currency, it's solid and it will grow in the long term.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███