Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 04:57:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Modified GPU BIOS for Mining  (Read 30956 times)
SauteedEntrails

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 02:11:33 AM

^^^ 15% heh, that Samsung XFX will do well over 1k XMR/30M ETH with a modded bios, the Hynix around 900/28M.

maybe with high coreclock and powerdraw like shit teh samsung

i have 6 hynix cards they do ~920hs @ 1150/2080mhz
and 5 samsung cards they do ~950 @ 1150/2070mhz

all rx 580

Could you post your bios? i would like to use it as a template to modify mine by, i would really appreciate it. Im trying out modifying the xfx bios notbatman made for bigjee to cater to my bios. ill find out later if the changes do any good on mine. Also what is the deal with the labeled freq. timing straps on the 580's what base numbering system is that? (these are my first 580's been using 480's)
Essaint56

Activity: 67

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 02:14:05 AM

How much have you been earning using your modified GPU? Will it take effect to the health of your rig in a long period? I also want to try rigging my Unit.
notbatman (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 06:58:46 AM

How much have you been earning using your modified GPU? Will it take effect to the health of your rig in a long period? I also want to try rigging my Unit.

1. Go to whattomine.com and it will tell you how much you can make per card.

2. The cards use less power after they're modded so chances are they'll last a bit longer than with the stock BIOS IMO.

3. Post your BIOS or link to techpowerup.com and I'll add it to my list of requested BIOS' mods.
notbatman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 12:12:27 PM

As per request:

Sapphire.RX570.4096.170317_UNTESTED_MOD
580.sam.m80_MINING_BIOS
580.hynix.w91_MINING_BIOS
580.hynix.m80_MINING_BIOS
SauteedEntrails

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 12:42:18 PM

Thank you so very much notbatman, i will test these later if i get the time or after x-mas and report back the results. Again Thanks for taking the time out to do these
preda

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 01:45:05 PM

this is for my card?
SauteedEntrails

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 06:20:37 PM

So i flashed the card, and it corrupted the bios, after it stated flashed successful and reboot, windows stayed at a black screen. when i switched the bios back to stock it booted up fine. Ive never had a corrupted bios after flashing. Is there anyway to access the bios to flash it back to stock? Ive tried using another card as dedicated gpu and ran the bad gpu in a seperate slot but it does the same thing, black screen and does not allow windows to boot up.
I then opened up polaris after re saving the stock bios of the other 580 and used the settings you put in for the modded bios to the saved stock bios of that card, just to be sure the file didnt get corrupted during download and it did the same thing. black screen and the bios is no longer accessible. i tried it with an ethos usb to be sure it wasnt windows and it reved up the fans to 100% and showed nothing but errors and shut down. Im about done with these 580's but id like to be able to fix the broken bios so i can try reflashing with different settings but im not gonna mess with the remaining good bios.
any help or ideas would be great.
notbatman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 06:44:04 PM

^^^ I'm sorry bro but you're just far too confused, you shouldn't have tried to tamper with your BIOS. Reverting to the stock BIOS shouldn't be a problem unless your drivers are totally screwed up.
Branko

Activity: 2478
Merit: 318

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 06:50:35 PM

So i flashed the card, and it corrupted the bios, after it stated flashed successful and reboot, windows stayed at a black screen. when i switched the bios back to stock it booted up fine. Ive never had a corrupted bios after flashing.

So, you switched bios back to stock, and it booted up fine, but you need help to switch bios back?
Call me confused here
SauteedEntrails

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 07:37:14 PM

The cards have dual bios, with a switch. i flashed the first bios which failed so i flipped the switch, which reverted it back to stock. but i would like to get the other bios back in operation so i can mod it, as i am left now with 1 good bios on the card and i dont want to lose the whole card by trying to flash the last remaining bios. ( in case it is a hardware issue with the internals of the card) do you understand what im saying now? as i can get more detailed in my description or add pictures of the card with the switch if you have never seen dual bios cards before
I have flashed 34 rx480's with no issue, some with dual bios some without. but this is the first time ive encountered this type of issue after flashing a card with direct bios off that card with added mild modifications as it was only undervolting and slight adjustment to the max power that you did < right notbatman.
Branko

Activity: 2478
Merit: 318

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 07:53:27 PM

The cards have dual bios, with a switch. i flashed the first bios which failed so i flipped the switch, which reverted it back to stock. but i would like to get the other bios back in operation so i can mod it, as i am left now with 1 good bios on the card and i dont want to lose the whole card by trying to flash the last remaining bios. ( in case it is a hardware issue with the internals of the card) do you understand what im saying now? as i can get more detailed in my description or add pictures of the card with the switch if you have never seen dual bios cards before
I have flashed 34 rx480's with no issue, some with dual bios some without. but this is the first time ive encountered this type of issue after flashing a card with direct bios off that card with added mild modifications as it was only undervolting and slight adjustment to the max power that you did < right notbatman.

Unlike notbatman, i avoid changing anything in BIOS but highest strap, just for cases like this when things go badly

Windows won't boot with bad bios card UNLESS you remove amd drivers completely (and try to connect monitor
on good card, or even better, integrated GPU). After doing that, windows will let you boot, and atiflash will
let you reflash good bios over bad one

Also, its Christmas time, don't be so angry about me asking a bit of explanation, and cheer up a bit Cheesy
treanski

Activity: 364
Merit: 106

ONe Social Network.

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 08:01:45 PM

u can use the switch on running card in windows, nothing will happen i did it few times...

-boot up, use the switch, flash good bios - finished

SauteedEntrails

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 08:18:09 PM

Unlike notbatman, i avoid changing anything in BIOS but highest strap, just for cases like this when things go badly

Windows won't boot with bad bios card UNLESS you remove amd drivers completely (and try to connect monitor
on good card, or even better, integrated GPU). After doing that, windows will let you boot, and atiflash will
let you reflash good bios over bad one

Also, its Christmas time, don't be so angry about me asking a bit of explanation, and cheer up a bit Cheesy

Sorry if i seemed disgruntled it wasnt directed at you or anyone i was just trying to completely explain my situation so it made more sense, as i could see from my last message it could be misunderstood since i didnt include in the comment it having dual bios, i really appreciate your help and i was just trying to get the information that you just gave me so i could get these up and running as i figured since it wouldnt boot into the other bios and i had no access to the bad bios to reflash it i was stuck with a gimp 580. which im still on the fence about buying since ive only used 480's and these 580's have not lived up to the hype. but i will try that out, just remove the drivers and reflash or use the dedicated graphics and uninstall the bad gpu driver right? and reflash and repeat. also @ treanski you were able to hot switch it without any problems that makes me nervous but i will leave that as a last resort thanks for the advice and @ Branko again thank you and merry christmas everyone.
treanski

Activity: 364
Merit: 106

ONe Social Network.

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 08:23:38 PM

yes man, just boot up with the working bios, use the switch and bios will be flashed over the bad bios.
i did it few times like i said

SauteedEntrails

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 10:02:37 PM

yes man, just boot up with the working bios, use the switch and bios will be flashed over the bad bios.
i did it few times like i said

Thank you for the very helpful information. Merry X-mas
doown

Activity: 3

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 09:49:20 PM

Hi,

Can you help me with 2 gpus :

- RX580 4g elpida memory : currently around 745H/s using 1500 strap

- RX480 8g samsung memory : stuck at 760H/s using 1750 strap and 1100/1975oc (it was 2250 before flashing but same hashrate)
OverEasy

Activity: 301
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 05:12:39 PM

Ok hear's a real challenge for you.

PowerColor Red Devil 470 4 GB Hynix

Best I can do is 24 mh/s on Ethminer

I cant even get the mem over 1900 without a crash.

Here is original bios

https://anorak.tech/uploads/default/original/1X/20c559d036fdbf1f60a9db5bad5123c4ed1df7b7.rom

This card should be at 27 ish using Ethminer and 28 ish on Claymore
Thanks for any help Smiley

azzalea25

Activity: 310
Merit: 13

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 02:48:56 PM
Last edit: December 28, 2017, 03:15:23 PM by azzalea25

Hi, Anyone have good BIOS mod for a Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580 8GB Hynix @GPUZ (shown Hibrid Samsung & SK Hynix @Polaris)
ive moded BIOS but only out 670 hs for XMR...please help me..
mazfachry

Activity: 7

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 01:05:04 PM

hello, anyone have bios moded for rx 560 4gb saphire micron memory,, i use claymore get speed eth 11mh, and for crypto 305h/s,, thanks before
bazanar

Activity: 4

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 06:27:07 PM

Hi

does someone knows if this can be improved. It is currently giving me 21 Mhz for ETH+SIA
Sapphire Pulse RX 580 4GB

http://oi65.tinypic.com/141r30z.jpg

this is the original rom

https://ufile.io/bfjsb

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: