Bitcoin Forum
August 08, 2024, 01:15:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Modified GPU BIOS for Mining  (Read 30973 times)
Thous

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 07:43:08 PM

Since there was much talk about AORUS RX580 8GB - Samsung mem. and apparently no modded BIOS. I'd like to request a mod of this original BIOS https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9Fp674fU1OfRmpweW0xWXkyODZPWnF2ZW5FNlRtcmppaktr

So is it normal that by the "quick'n'easy way" of bios modding I can only achieve about 29,4 mh/s with those cards on ethash?

Thanks in adv.
Cereberus
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 08:49:02 PM

Since there was much talk about AORUS RX580 8GB - Samsung mem. and apparently no modded BIOS. I'd like to request a mod of this original BIOS https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9Fp674fU1OfRmpweW0xWXkyODZPWnF2ZW5FNlRtcmppaktr

So is it normal that by the "quick'n'easy way" of bios modding I can only achieve about 29,4 mh/s with those cards on ethash?

Thanks in adv.

Yes if you do like this example below you will do.
1. Download Polaris Bios Editor 1.6.x and above versions
2. Download ATIflash 2.77 latest version, or if there is a new one, download the newest.
3. Download Atipatcher.

How to bios mod with the simple method.
1. Open Atiflash as administrator and save the original bios of the card, name it "original.rom"
2. Open up Polaris Bios Editor as Administrator, click open and load the "original.rom" bios, once loaded click ONE TIMING PATCH
3. Save this new bios with a different name "moddedbios.rom"
4. Fire up again Atiflash as administrator and click LOAD this time, load the "moddedbios.rom" and then click PROGRAM or PATCH(usually is PROGRAM) the command at least in my version is PROGRAM.
5. Wait 2 minutes after is done the flashing of the card and then restart your PC.
6. After restarting your PC run Atipatcher as administrator and patch found values, click OK.
7. Go to MSI afterburner, put core clock 1200 and memory clock 2100, a card with Samsung Memory should even go up to 2250 as memory clock but try slowly starting from 2100 until you have found the limit.

RX 580 8GB Samsung Memory will easily do 29.9-31.6 Mhash on Ethhash.

I would have mod the bios for you but no RX 580 available to use so I can't. Anyway if you follow my above tutorial there is 0 chance of error.

Always Blockchain driver with modded bios cards otherwise MSI Afterburner will not recognize core clocks and memory clocks of the cards.

██    ██    ██    ██
  ██    ██    ██    ██
██    ██    ██    ██
              ██    ██
            ██    ██
          ██    ██
        ██    ██
      ██    ██       
    ██    ██    ██    ██
  ██    ██    ██    ██
██    ██    ██    ██
TRADEPLAYZ
█ 
█ 
█     
█  █
█  █ 
█  █ 
█  █
    █  █
  █  █
  █  █
        █
    █
      █   
TOURNAMENT PVP SYSTEM
  FACEBOOK |  TWITTER  |  LINKEDIN  |  TELEGRAM  |  GITHUB  |  ANN  | INSTAGRAM 

█ 
█ 
█     
█  █
█  █ 
█  █ 
█  █
    █  █
  █  █
  █  █
        █
    █
      █   

█▄
                     ████▄
                     ██████▄
                     ████████▄
                     ██████████▄
                     ████████████▄
                     ██████████████▄
                     ███████████████
                     ██████████████▀
                     ████████████▀
                     ██████████▀
                     ████████▀
                     ██████▀
                     ████▀
                     █
█▀
GOOGLE PLAY

▄█████████████▄
                            ███████████████
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            ██████▀▀▀██████
                             ▀████▄▄▄▄████▀
  APPSTORE
notbatman (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 10:23:20 PM

I'll be modding some new cards in a few days and I'll do all your bios requests while I'm at it...
notbatman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 10:24:53 PM

^^^ probably overheating, set fans to 100%

is below 60c

Asus rog strix rx580 8gb Samsung x12
Xfx rx580 8gb Samsung x10

The sensor is attached to the GPU but it's the memory that overheats.
Thous

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 11:08:23 AM

Thanks in adv.

2. Download ATIflash 2.77 latest version, or if there is a new one, download the newest.
3. Download Atipatcher.

1. Open Atiflash as administrator and save the original bios of the card, name it "original.rom"
2. Open up Polaris Bios Editor as Administrator, click open and load the "original.rom" bios, once loaded click ONE TIMING PATCH
4. Fire up again Atiflash as administrator and click LOAD this time, load the "moddedbios.rom" and then click PROGRAM or PATCH(usually is PROGRAM) the command at least in my version is PROGRAM.
5. Wait 2 minutes after is done the flashing of the card and then restart your PC.
6. After restarting your PC run Atipatcher as administrator and patch found values, click OK.
7. Go to MSI afterburner, put core clock 1200 and memory clock 2100, a card with Samsung Memory should even go up to 2250 as memory clock but try slowly starting from 2100 until you have found the limit.

I would have mod the bios for you but no RX 580 available to use so I can't. Anyway if you follow my above tutorial there is 0 chance of error.

Always Blockchain driver with modded bios cards otherwise MSI Afterburner will not recognize core clocks and memory clocks of the cards.

Hey, thanks for your response. I already did it this way, with one exception: after modding I tried it on SMOS and as we prob. all know it's linux based - I'm getting 29,4 mh/s mostly without errors on this one - am I correct assuming that this is mainly because of lack of the proper drivers on linux?

andrenym00

Activity: 25

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 01:39:59 AM
Last edit: January 11, 2018, 04:19:58 AM by andrenym00

I need a mod bios for my rx 580 8gb card that came with my bios. I am getting close to 27mh on overclock was hoping closer to 30mh. I have Samsung memory. Here is my current bios:

https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/194686/194686 
andrenym00

Activity: 25

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 04:46:44 AM

So I have the following timing straps starting from the 1:1750 level. Which ones should I copy? Thank you.

1:1750
1:2000
2:400
2:800
2:900
2:1000
2:1125
2:1250
2:1375
2:1500
2:1625
2:1750
2:2000
Thous

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 09:20:18 PM

And here I am again with this weird issue...

I recently bought a batch of 24 AORUS RX 580 8GB, majority of'em are samsungs memory based, but there are also some hynix based.

To simplify the matter: i built 2 systems out of of those, 12 cards each and while the first system containing 12 samsung based card is performing very well, the other one is giving me nothing but trouble.
In the other 12 cards i've got 6 samsung cards that perform as well as the rig mentioned above and 6 cards samsung and hynix based (single mem producer at card) that are just a nightmare. Whichever one of those 6 i try to put into the rig (after bios mod), rig just instantly crashes/restarts just after DAG's been created. As if I had a power outage.

I'm posting 6 original bioses of those cards and I'd be grateful I you could just look at them and tell me if there is anything about those cards that I need to know or take into the consideration. It's a weird situation though... as I was binge modding bioses in those cards (one by one, saving each original bios) and the troublesome 6 were also the last 6 i modded. MOdding method was the same and it was the one-click-method by PBE 1.6.5.

I'm looking forward for any hints you can share.

https://mega.nz/#F!q91lhYZa!ozpfdMW-6_ozQ1x6yrK8Pw
notbatman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 09:21:48 PM

So I go to get more cards and all that's left for 580s are 4g cards for $500 a pop.  Cry

The 1060 3g for $300 are starting to look good...
notbatman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 09:25:38 PM

And here I am again with this weird issue...

I recently bought a batch of 24 AORUS RX 580 8GB, majority of'em are samsungs memory based, but there are also some hynix based.

To simplify the matter: i built 2 systems out of of those, 12 cards each and while the first system containing 12 samsung based card is performing very well, the other one is giving me nothing but trouble.
In the other 12 cards i've got 6 samsung cards that perform as well as the rig mentioned above and 6 cards samsung and hynix based (single mem producer at card) that are just a nightmare. Whichever one of those 6 i try to put into the rig (after bios mod), rig just instantly crashes/restarts just after DAG's been created. As if I had a power outage.

I'm posting 6 original bioses of those cards and I'd be grateful I you could just look at them and tell me if there is anything about those cards that I need to know or take into the consideration. It's a weird situation though... as I was binge modding bioses in those cards (one by one, saving each original bios) and the troublesome 6 were also the last 6 i modded. MOdding method was the same and it was the one-click-method by PBE 1.6.5.

I'm looking forward for any hints you can share.

https://mega.nz/#F!q91lhYZa!ozpfdMW-6_ozQ1x6yrK8Pw

I'll add them the queue, give me a day or so.
Thous

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 09:27:21 PM

I'll add them the queue, give me a day or so.

Thank you, I will wait.
MinerXYZ

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 09:38:05 PM

Hey Smiley I went through the whole thread but did not find anything about my graphic card. I have an MSI RX570 GamingX 4GB.
Can I ask you to modify the bios?
I just copy straps from 1500 to all above, but can not reach more than 26mh/s stable. Do you have any custom timings for this card?
I'm not sure if it's hynix or sk hynix ...

Here is download link:
https://ufile.io/dgea9

I will be very grateful Smiley
Cereberus
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 10:13:21 PM

Thanks in adv.

3. Download Atipatcher.

Hey, thanks for your response. I already did it this way, with one exception: after modding I tried it on SMOS and as we prob. all know it's linux based - I'm getting 29,4 mh/s mostly without errors on this one - am I correct assuming that this is mainly because of lack of the proper drivers on linux?

I use Linux as my secondary OS where I keep my top secret documents and I have no experience in mining with Linux but I would assume so. Windows so far have better drivers and better tools for mining compared to Linux. Anyway 29.4 mh/s is a good achievement.

██    ██    ██    ██
  ██    ██    ██    ██
██    ██    ██    ██
              ██    ██
            ██    ██
          ██    ██
        ██    ██
      ██    ██       
    ██    ██    ██    ██
  ██    ██    ██    ██
██    ██    ██    ██
TRADEPLAYZ
█ 
█ 
█     
█  █
█  █ 
█  █ 
█  █
    █  █
  █  █
  █  █
        █
    █
      █   
TOURNAMENT PVP SYSTEM
  FACEBOOK |  TWITTER  |  LINKEDIN  |  TELEGRAM  |  GITHUB  |  ANN  | INSTAGRAM 

█ 
█ 
█     
█  █
█  █ 
█  █ 
█  █
    █  █
  █  █
  █  █
        █
    █
      █   

█▄
                     ████▄
                     ██████▄
                     ████████▄
                     ██████████▄
                     ████████████▄
                     ██████████████▄
                     ███████████████
                     ██████████████▀
                     ████████████▀
                     ██████████▀
                     ████████▀
                     ██████▀
                     ████▀
                     █
█▀
GOOGLE PLAY

▄█████████████▄
                            ███████████████
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            ██████▀▀▀██████
                             ▀████▄▄▄▄████▀
  APPSTORE
Faraha_JJJ

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 10:24:00 PM

Mining is still profitable. I guess China is leading in mining. Huge investment required but it's still profitable!!
Assaro

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 11:49:05 AM

@notbatman

took the time and went through all the posts. Im hunting a bios for my Saphire RX570 Pulse ITX (mini) and did not found it here.

Here is my org bios:

https://ufile.io/um6cd

tried like 8 different bioses on anorak.tech but nothing... The highest hashrate i could achieve was 25,7 eth and 450 on sia coin...

Many thanks for any help...
Dule_87

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 01:05:08 PM

Hi,

I have Sapphire NITRO+ RX580 cards with Micron memory. I have successfully moded BIOS using Polaris editor (@jaschaknack version). I'v just done timing modification and my cards run fine at GPU@1141 MHz
MEM@2250 MHz with approximately 31MH/s. It's good result but I would like to try to achieve lower power consumption because according to MSI Afterburner and GPU-z my cards are drawing ~120W each. Currently I'm testing on Windows with AMD Blockchain drivers obtained from pute-Release-Notes.aspx]http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/Radeon-Software-Crimson-ReLive-Edition-Beta-for-[Suspicious link removed]pute-Release-Notes.aspx and MSI Afterburner (Sapphire Trix doesn't work for some reason) and I noticed that I cannot change voltage through MSI AF so lower power consumption I believe is only achievable through BIOS modding and I need help with that.

Here is screenshot of my current settings and both stock BIOS and timing-moded BIOS...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1goXhn8xK_yTvhEevAMhHj2s-degRDbKX/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/open?id=18PKfX-FfBp5LA-RvM4UOeeUDILVL7zcQ
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Bby--2e_qtYaJU8SlsuLQOj_oCYXXjDF
Vann

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 01:13:34 PM

I wouldn't suggest overclocking and undervolting the cards through the Bios for just a couple rigs. If you're using Afterburner with the AMD blockchain drivers for up to 8 cards, you can unlock voltage control in the Afterburner settings. A better option would be to use the Claymore config file to automatically apply the settings at runtime or use OverNdrive tool to create overclocking profiles for your cards as explained on www.mining.help.
pubix

Activity: 154

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 10:15:40 PM

I have a few Sapphire Pulse RX580 4gb Elpida version.
Why are some hashing without crash at 2000 mem and some crash at 1900? Is there something to fix this?
All cards are flashed with same rom. Thank you.
notbatman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 11:37:32 AM
Last edit: January 19, 2018, 07:46:49 PM by notbatman

So I ended up getting the asus 580 4G elpida, awesome mining card I'm getting 900 h/s XMR after mod, error free running the VRM @ 2000.

I'll try to post all the requested mods this weekend.
Assaro

Activity: 114

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 11:39:28 AM

@notbatman

You thing you could find some time for the Saphire RX570 Pulse ITX (mini)?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: