Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 09:40:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is China manipulating the price of Bitcoin and other altcoins?  (Read 1911 times)
werner52911

Activity: 457
Merit: 140

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 12:47:27 PM

I do not believe that China deliberately manipulated the price. It is due to the rumors that China wants to ban the Exchanges. But this is not true, all exchanges are available. China has only prohibited the ICO's. The BTC course is still very susceptible to good or bad news. This will continue for a while.

▐▐   ▬▬▬▬▬   DeepOnion   ▬▬▬▬▬   ▌▌
████    OWN ONION    TOR INTEGRATED    ████
▬▬▬▬   (✔) DeepVault Blockchain File Signatures  •  VoteCentral Your Vote Counts  •  deeponion.org   ▬▬▬▬
btc-facebook
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 01:18:46 PM

I think there are no such thing as controlling bitcoin, they may manipulate the value of it but totally controlling it is a no, I think this trending fake news must stop now, the damage is done and this is what they want right now so many in there can buy bitcoin from this crash, right now the value drops to $4000 mark value, but we are now regaining the wits to make the value goes up again and wish this keeps on rising, because I can really see that $4000 value is our safe floor right now.

I think China able control bitcoin global market since China start legalize bitcoin as well and when CHina's ICO got ban, bitcoin's value got decrease up to 10%
I hope there is some adjustment that able to recover bitcoin in normal position
Bla2e
Copper Member

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 01:21:17 PM

China's recent move to make exchanges illegal has surely hit us all as the prices are falling down Sad

Hope that it gains back again!
MisterKT

Activity: 56

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 01:23:09 PM

All the cryptocurrencies are based on blockchain, which is de-centralized and unregulated.
It is true that news from China influenced the cryptocurrencies' trend but as we can see in the past fews weeks, the prices always recover.
In my view China can influence the price of the bitcoin and other altcoins but is not manipulating.
Kumarodus

Activity: 39

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 02:15:49 PM

I agree on this one. All the telltale signs are there!
HODLwearz

Activity: 39

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2017, 02:32:01 PM

Yes. It's very strange that all this FUD is being spread without any sources from the chinese gov't. Unless the announcement is coming out monday and this is just a leak from inside the gov't.
Linuld

Activity: 473
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 02:45:54 PM

Yes. It's very strange that all this FUD is being spread without any sources from the chinese gov't. Unless the announcement is coming out monday and this is just a leak from inside the gov't.
Yes there is no official news from Chinese govt but this news spreading all over the world and all new comers are getting panic and selling their bitcoins, so it will be affecting the Bitcoin price. Don't know when this issue will be solved and again the price will recover.
Fundalini

Activity: 644
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 03:23:10 PM

It is possible that there's someone plotting from the shadows but I think the chances of that being true are close to zero. Because I think what they're doing right now are genuine measures to counter economic instability. Also because they are aware that their economy is highly dependent on crypto, could not afford any half-assed decision.
lighpulsar07

Activity: 518
Merit: 271

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 04:24:32 PM

well in past bitcoin was almost manipulated by the chinese because of it's majority in market and in mining but now many countries adopted bitcoin china isn't major as before but since the news in china ICO will be banned in china was broke price were crashed still china has still power in bitcoin market
Wingo

Activity: 686
Merit: 107

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 06:01:58 PM

They just make a big impact because they have the largest volume of bitcoin and some other cryptos in the market. I've red about china banning bitcoin transactions, and I don't know if it is true but it greatly affected the price of bitcoin today.
btcjoin14

Activity: 891
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 06:14:19 PM

China's recent move to make exchanges illegal has surely hit us all as the prices are falling down Sad

Hope that it gains back again!
I’d like to think about it as a nice chance to purchase some coins while the Altcoins are falling down. The only thing that is that it doesn’t seem to be worth purchasing right now because there’s only a selected portion of people that are receiving this information. Once the people that used to participate in the China ICO’s find that they can’t easily make a purchase then they will be trying to sell off their BTC.

We all know what happens when Bitcoin goes down in value, most Altcoins lose their hype and they begin to go lower in value as well.
wilwxk

Activity: 476
Merit: 314

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 06:19:17 PM

The bitcoin cannot be manipulated easily, look for the market cap of then, yeas ago, the chinese investors can easily manipulate the market, but now... In the world of altcoins i cannot have 100% certain about, but its not difficult to a people manipulate, imagine a countrie of investors.
olushakes

Activity: 476
Merit: 254

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 06:24:28 PM

This question is probably asked many times, but I would like to start a discussion and hear other people's opinion on this. Of course it is a bit paranoia, but there is so much money to make for China that they would almost be stupid if they didn't manipulate the price.

This website is great to see the history of Bitcoin's price and the main events that influenced it: https://99bitcoins.com/price-chart-history/

Today seems to be exactly like in 2013. First China comes with some promising news that they see a bright future in Bitcoin and the price of Bitcoin goes even higher than it already was (giving a lost full blow into the bubble, prorbably so they can sell their holdings or something) and just a week or a couple of days later they come with restrictions and the bubble bursts. Is it me being paranoia or is the same exact thing happening again? And will it happen again in the next (even bigger) bubble?

Please share your (well-founded) thoughts here Smiley

The manipulation of prices goes beyond individuals and money bags as at now from the look of things, it seems institutions are getting involved on a high level in that every time going back memery lane, Chinese government at one point or the other are just bent on influencing the price anytime there is potential to reach all time high then it came crashing to start from the beginning and change the discussion to getting back to the point we were before the crash.
Btcvilla

Activity: 1078
Merit: 270

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 06:47:27 PM

This question is probably asked many times, but I would like to start a discussion and hear other people's opinion on this. Of course it is a bit paranoia, but there is so much money to make for China that they would almost be stupid if they didn't manipulate the price.

This website is great to see the history of Bitcoin's price and the main events that influenced it: https://99bitcoins.com/price-chart-history/

Today seems to be exactly like in 2013. First China comes with some promising news that they see a bright future in Bitcoin and the price of Bitcoin goes even higher than it already was (giving a lost full blow into the bubble, prorbably so they can sell their holdings or something) and just a week or a couple of days later they come with restrictions and the bubble bursts. Is it me being paranoia or is the same exact thing happening again? And will it happen again in the next (even bigger) bubble?

Please share your (well-founded) thoughts here Smiley

I just think positive. I think bitcoin will soon be stable and normal even though china is not involved for bitcoin or ico.
albertorma

Activity: 173
Merit: 105

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2017, 06:48:22 PM

Of course they do but I hope when bitcoin is bigger they won't be able to do it.

AlfredKo

Activity: 7

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 07:10:30 PM

There's a huge panic withdrawal request in China since Friday.
Price has dropped as low as $3300-$3400 at one point, and some panic sellers spam the Exchange's Weibo platform on the delay in withdrawal, up to 24 hours. There's no delay, just that the Chinese are used to have Alipay/Wechatpay withdrawal into bank account in seconds.

Then there are a smart few ones who are interviewed, they bought extra few BTC while it is cheap, having faith in future of Bitcoin.
Damn, if I live in China I would do that too. So what if the government really shutdown the exchanges, my Bitcoin is still valid, I can still sell it in p2p markets or overseas.
FasTroy

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 07:26:09 PM

Of course they do but I hope when bitcoin is bigger they won't be able to do it.
They can do that because of the highest population there, They maybe control a high percent of of cryptocurrencies include bitcoin, so as you said if the community will become more larger in few years later, china alone it can't affect bitcoin too much.
So, I hope that bitcoin community will increase in the near future and peoples start to invest in this cryptocurrency.

vit05

Activity: 672
Merit: 526

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 07:32:59 PM

OkCoin is trading 3 times more than Poloniex

2   Bitcoin   BTC/CNY   $99,496,300   $3732.11   26.26%
1   Bitcoin   BTC/USDT   $37,188,700   $4277.90   19.72%
Murloc

Activity: 322
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 07:39:49 PM

China always been investing a lot into bitcoins and some major pools are located in china. I can hardly call it a manipulation because if  you are a big investor there is a hard chance that market will react on your desigions. But anyway I accept that China have too mutch influence on bitcoin and bitcoin cash.

hatshepsut93
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 2148

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 08:32:04 PM

It may be possible that the Chinese government is directly involved in Bitcoin price manipulation as a part of their broad plan to control Bitcoin - just remember that most miners are located in China and Bitmain, the biggest miner manufacturer, is also Chinese, and play their own game with attempt to get more control over Bitcoin. There are even rumors that Bitmain is closely tied to Chinese government. Maybe China was stockpiling bitcoins for a couple of years already and would like to see it as a global currency some day, so they can utilize their strong position in it.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: