Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 02:44:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: So many new ICO, how to check if it's scam?  (Read 14775 times)
george_hured

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 03:51:00 PM

Now there are a lot of guides in which people describe their algorithms for checking projects, so I advise you to pay attention to them. Many of these thoughts are quite interesting and are most likely to be used to use them.
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Xiomara

Activity: 101
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 04:12:34 PM

Given that most cryptocurrencies are distributed with open source, closed-source projects or those that do not disclose their base seem less credible. The main reason they are closed can be caused by the fact that the project code is not available at all. You can check the code on Github and similar services.
byteminr

Activity: 574
Merit: 256

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2018, 09:19:49 PM

Need to check whitepaper, prototype, team, and advisors. Would also check the real world application of the coin/token.

I think, advisors - this is not an indicator. Ofen advisors simply take money for the fact that they are placed in advisors
Zentor

Activity: 378
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 09:32:51 PM

Check the team first. It is good if they developed successful projects in the past. Choose ICO with great idea which opened his code on Github and is highly rated by icorating etc.
flippener

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2018, 10:13:36 PM

I've said this before, but I think it bears repeated. It's impossible to check if an ICO is a scam. However it's easy to tell if it's a bad investment: it's a bad investment if it says 'ICO'.

..C..
........What is C?.........
...........ICO            Dec 1st – Dec 30th............
       ............Open            Dec 1st- Dec 30th............
...................ANN thread      Bounty....................

krodmandoon

Activity: 434
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 10:18:30 PM

I've said this before, but I think it bears repeated. It's impossible to check if an ICO is a scam. However it's easy to tell if it's a bad investment: it's a bad investment if it says 'ICO'.

I am afraid you are right and it is impossible to tell if ICO is a scam or not. But you are definitely not right about investing in ICO.

Advicerabi

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 02:54:44 AM

So many new ICO, and they all have new idea and tech listed on their webpages,

and even the websites use the same template...

but so many new ICO, how to check if it's scam, or worth to invest...

Dont follow any ICOs which have a weak team or unprofessional employee. Read the whitepaper before you decide to invest or not and Don't participate in a project that is unrealist.
wodebutterfly

Activity: 117
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 03:19:19 AM

You need to do your own research and DD, no one can guarantee that if a project is a scam or not. One way to find out maybe is checking if the social media account followers are real, and if the team sticks to their original plan and keep their promises.

◈ HYPERQUANT ◈ Platform for Professional Asset Management  (https://goo.gl/wGkw41)
valmon

Activity: 81

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 05:31:16 PM

Follow John McAfee @officialmcafee official page in Twitter and you will know actual information about very successful ICO.
A L I E N
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 05:11:09 AM

The Initial Coin Offering market is very diverse, every day new projects start, from which you can get a good income. But investors need to carefully study where to invest their own funds in order to avoid losses.   
AlienSeeker

Activity: 360
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 06:49:10 AM

It is easy to know if the ICO is scam. You will see the team behind it if their are legit and if they have a great potential to be part of the ICO. Read the whitepaper of the ICO, sometimes it is better to read their whitepaper because it is already written there what is the roadmap of the ICO, teams, prices of the ICO, allocation and especially the platform of the ICO. Sometimes, it is too obvious if the ICO is in legitimate or not. It is better to read because if you don't read your time and your investment will be waste in the future.
DataDrug

Activity: 23

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 06:50:19 AM

I always check this:

- Their technology
- Their team
- Their roadmap
buhna

Activity: 238

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 08:02:29 AM

I think if you don't understand nothing about ICO - it's better to have experience before investing. Maybe in bounty campaigns or with little bit of money. Because there are a lot of scams, it's true.

hritevanz

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 09:30:58 AM

I've been a victim twice of some ICO that are scam, but that was last year because I have been just a newbie who doesn't have knowledge on how to deal and apply to any bounty. I've been monitoring some of the new bounty campaigns and yes, I have observed that there are lots of new ICO. However, I also wonder if some gambling or game ICO are worth working for in signature campaign. You should read the Whitepaper, the team member and the manager of it if they are trusted enough by some companies.
grek_al

Activity: 110

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 10:45:57 PM

You need to do your own research and DD, no one can guarantee that if a project is a scam or not. One way to find out maybe is checking if the social media account followers are real, and if the team sticks to their original plan and keep their promises.
I think also checking their activity in media, social groups, google reserche is the most efficeint way right now.  If a good project attracts a lot of people, this is not very difficult to see hype of many investors
Bttzed03
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1149

https://bitcoincleanup.com/

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 10:52:10 PM

It is tough to check whether an ICO is really legit or a scam. Some look legit at the beginning then turns out to be not. Some looks shady at the start, then turns out to be good. As always, doing your own research is your best weapon to know if a certain ICO is a scam or not. Identifying use case and the team behind is a good start.
markovi4mark

Activity: 168
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 10:52:29 PM

I don't think that a common people can judge by the whitepaper, i recommend to check the investor and the platform. Some scam projects will often make bold claims about their product even though said project offers nothing new or disruptive. It’s not likely that a certain blockchain platform or cryptocurrency will end poverty, fix global warming or replace the internet.
Snixer

Activity: 303
Merit: 43

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2018, 10:52:55 PM

I always check this:

- Their technology
- Their team
- Their roadmap

You shouldn't just limit to those things, there are tons of other things you need to take into consideration before investing your money.

You need to look at how the token sale is structured to know how much it can grow, how much attention they have on their social channels, how active are the devs, if they already have a MVP and so many other stuff.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Cryptovalute24ore.it   •  Guide Semplici e Complete, Notizie e Quotazioni sulle Criptovalute   •  TELEGRAM   ▲  Acquista Gioielli Artigianali con Criptovalute su FioridiLilla.com  
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
nrvasquez

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 10:59:55 PM

I always check this:

- Their technology
- Their team
- Their roadmap
The team is paramount, make sure they are all verfied from a trusted source, so chances for the scam will be low

hashtag101

Activity: 419
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 10:58:56 PM

I always check this:

- Their technology
- Their team
- Their roadmap
The team is paramount, make sure they are all verfied from a trusted source, so chances for the scam will be low
If you want to check a project is scam or legit, indeed, the team developments is very important. But it's just useful when you know exact information of them. If you just checked a fake information, you still invest in a scam project.  Grin
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: