Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 05:50:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: So many new ICO, how to check if it's scam?  (Read 14775 times)
Jemchugov

Activity: 97
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 07:44:33 PM

I read the branch and understood that there are no guarantees, but you can exclude the scum to a minimum, having spent a lot of time analyzing the iso

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mrdelacrua

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 11:10:21 PM

So many new ICO, and they all have new idea and tech listed on their webpages,

and even the websites use the same template...

but so many new ICO, how to check if it's scam, or worth to invest...

It's getting difficult these days, even otho network which is have a good website become scam right now.
I think we can't accurately detect scam ico. We only can only trust our instinct based on experience.
It's not enough. I hope this project will able to help us http://cryptopolice.io/
Cryptopolice is decentralized community fighting variuos kinds of scam, starting from ICO scam as 1st stage of project. Project will offer Watchdog - software, that signals about current and previous situations with scam, associated with website you are serfing.
Creating N Action

Activity: 266
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 11:27:56 PM

it's hard to know if an ICO is legit and we know that 20% of ICO is a scam. the first one to see, of course their whitepaper, about their project and the roadmap. but the more I believe to know that an ICO is a scam, I first acknowledge every member of its teams and advisors. to find out if they have much experience with team membership experience. And their being active in telegrams and always engaging in their peers.

dimastegar

Activity: 798
Merit: 251

Small Trader

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 11:43:44 PM

To avoid a scam project. We should take a closer look at an ICO project. The most important thing is the active Developer. If a project does not have an active Developer to answer each member's question, then it can be ascertained that the project is a Scam. Examples such as Bitroad and Denaro. Both are scam projects.

██████████████████
            █████  █████  █████  █████
         ███████████████████████████████
       ████  ████████████████████████  ███
      ██████████████████████████████████████
     ██  ████████████████████████████████████
    ████████████████████████████     █████  ██
   █████████████████████████████ ▐█▌ ██████████
  ███  █████████████████▌     ██ ▐█▌ ██████████
  ██████████████████████▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████  ██
  ███████████████      █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████████
  ██  ███████████  ██  █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████████
  ███████████████  ██  █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████  ██
  █████████        ██  █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ██████████
   ██  █████████████████▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ██████████
    ██████████████        ██  ██ ▐█▌ ██████  █
     ███████████████████████████ ▐█▌ ████████
      ██  ███████████████        ▐█▌ ███  ██
       ███████████████████████████████████
         ████  ████████████████████  ███
            ██████  ████  ████  ██████
                ██████████████████

IDEX
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

Start Trading Instantly
  BOUNTY
  Telegram
Arcoin1

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 11:48:30 AM

There are so many ICOs in the market. It continues increasing day by day. I do not think any reduction is involved.
regalis

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 12:20:46 PM

Take an overview of the ICO,  check if the project is worth for the investors. There should be an active manager for that bounty to entertain the question that may arise along the way.

[ Z ] ZooomEx0%  trading  FEE                            CRYPTO EXCHANGE 
facebook  |  TELEGRAM  |  ◥ twitter  [  A N N  ◾  B O U N T Y  ◾  WP   ]
████████████████████ (❪ TRADE NOW ❫) ████████████████████
fatenmo

Activity: 280
Merit: 108

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 12:33:54 PM
Merited by cryptoenterprise (2), danmoris (1)

You are right that even the websites are using the same templates.. Do lots of research before you decide if you will invest. Keep in mind that a good project with good intentions will have a lot of work put into it. The team will have expertise and will be active in the crypto community, they will have a thorough whitepaper, good consultants and partnerships. You can check out the ICO in my signature if you are looking for a good ICO.
akuser

Activity: 526
Merit: 100

markaccy.io

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 12:43:30 PM

It is very difficult to predict a project from the beginning, but I always anticipate by looking at the website, see from his team whether it is experienced in the world of crypto, and the last always see the progress of the project in his telegram group. Maybe that's what I can do to avoid a fake project.

bealjulian

Activity: 238

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 01:39:27 PM

It seems like there's a new ICO just about everyday or two.  It is very difficult to follow all of them.  I usually look for something in a project that I would actually use in real life and if a token or coin is really necessary to keep the platform going. There is no guaranteed way to protect yourself from the fact that ICO will be a Scam. Not every Creator is counting on that. On the contrary most of the coins created with the hope of a long life, but the people decide to trust them or not
alibaba93

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 01:39:38 PM

First thing is to read their website and see if it looks good and legit or not if the white paper is good and well written then we should check their website and check if they really did the proper work on creating that website and last thing is we should check the team. That is the risk in investing in ICO it can be scam or not, make sure you verify first the people behind it if they are existing or not. You can check their linked in accounts
zapata

Activity: 77

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 01:44:06 PM

It seems like there's a new ICO just about everyday or two.  It is very difficult to follow all of them.  I usually look for something in a project that I would actually use in real life and if a token or coin is really necessary to keep the platform going. There is no guaranteed way to protect yourself from the fact that ICO will be a Scam. Not every Creator is counting on that. On the contrary most of the coins created with the hope of a long life, but the people decide to trust them or not
In my own opinion,You should make your own choice, because we really have too much icos right now, and almost all of them looks good, but not all will give you the money. Read their white paper, interrogate with them in various social media sources with different user names. Check their website for every small thing and find out a loophole if any
cryptochr

Activity: 266
Merit: 103

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 02:18:39 PM

Do as much research as possible. Check their whitepaper, product, team profiles, are they active? Check ICO reviews. See what partnerships and consultants the project has
tunglong

Activity: 90
Merit: 4

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 02:22:25 PM

i also dont know how to check the new ICO as certainly, but normally i check thier idea, check the team, check road map, check the method which they pay for ICO.
Morphling

Activity: 308
Merit: 134

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 02:25:05 PM

You must spend lots of time and effort to choose one, even so, you still have a great possibility to get scams, it need a good luck on some sense, and I think its better to buy on large exchanges now

kayvie

Activity: 1022
Merit: 257

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 02:28:24 PM

every ICO gives enough information for their investors and bounty participants to read. you can actually have your own investigation if a certain ICO is legit or scam.
Mr.Anonymous

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 04:01:57 PM

It seems like there's a new ICO just about everyday or two.  It is very difficult to follow all of them.  I usually look for something in a project that I would actually use in real life and if a token or coin is really necessary to keep the platform going. There is no guaranteed way to protect yourself from the fact that ICO will be a Scam. Not every Creator is counting on that. On the contrary most of the coins created with the hope of a long life, but the people decide to trust them or not
In my own opinion,You should make your own choice, because we really have too much icos right now, and almost all of them looks good, but not all will give you the money. Read their white paper, interrogate with them in various social media sources with different user names. Check their website for every small thing and find out a loophole if any
You have to spend much times to research an ICO project if you do these things. Of course, if you have a team to working with you, I think this problem can be solve easily. But, how to find a team really help you find good ICO at now? I recommend you should to use icobench and icodrops to find the best ICO projects, both sites are best site to analyze which things are good from the ICO projects.
spooneds1

Activity: 195
Merit: 103

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 04:09:37 PM

It would be best if you do some research before joining an ICO like knowing the people behind this and their goals in the future. check The Whitepapers and roadmaps if they plan their ICO successfully. Be an investigator in your chosen ICO.

Bet9ja111

Activity: 154

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 01:32:37 PM

Make sure that you read a lot prior to an investment. There are many scams out there but there are also many valuable projects. Check youtube channels, reddit and bitcointalk threads, see predictions, reviews, and place your judgment. For example, I invest in companies with credible records. For example:
Cointed, Giftz, RestartEnergy, Titanium, ATF, and Knowledge. Out of them, there are both ongoing and upcoming projects. You might wanna check them out. Good luck!
joanamaybe

Activity: 84

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 12:41:25 PM

Ensure you do your own research,do not folliw the crowd hye to invest,check in detsiks there whitpaper,the team behind the project,and there past track record,in terms there professional experience.Research before you invest. Do not be lazy to invrstigate about the project.
vikl56

Activity: 113

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 05:17:16 AM

Open source project repository is empty
If an ICO project proposes open source, but the GitHub repository is empty or not at all, this is often a dangerous sign.
One of the key features of many public blockchain projects is that they are open source. This means that the project's code base is usually uploaded to places like GitHub for everyone to review. For those with blockchain programming experience, reviewing the published code allows them to measure the effectiveness of the project.
One of the most obvious danger signals for a scam project is the lack of details on how technology works. For those investors who are not tech savvy, it would be helpful to check whether the project has uploaded files to a public repository or if there are products that can run.
Although Reddit is not usually a reliable source of investment advice, sub-sections for specific ICO or cryptocurrency assets often provide a good starting point for technical evaluation.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: