Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:15:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Block Erupter USB Sales [Temporarily Out of Stock]  (Read 93133 times)
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 03:08:16 PM

Great!!!! Somebody can tell me how to buy  Huh
Link, please!!! Thanks.

Look in the group buy section.  Lots of action ATM.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitcoindaddy

Activity: 481
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 03:22:15 PM

I feel like a dope for paying 1.99 for several of these. Part of my "value" calculation was the ability to mine for a period of time, then resell the hardware. Now that possibility is gone.

Even your resellers are fearful of ordering another lot for fear they will be undercut again by price cuts and have a lot of unsold inventory.

In hindsight, you should have picked a reasonable price to begin with and stuck with it.  There's no way I will order any more of these for fear of getting fucked again.
buyer

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 03:23:34 PM

I feel like a dope for paying 1.99 for several of these. Part of my "value" calculation was the ability to mining for a period of time, then resell the hardware. Now that possibility is gone.

Even your resellers are fearful of ordering another lot for fear they will be undercut again by price cuts and have a lot of unsold inventory.

In hindsight, you should have picked a reasonable price to begin with and stuck with it.  There's no way I will order any more of these for fear of getting fucked again.

Another client fucked by friedcat....
cchan

Activity: 379
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 03:24:59 PM

I feel like a dope for paying 1.99 for several of these. Part of my "value" calculation was the ability to mining for a period of time, then resell the hardware. Now that possibility is gone.

In hindsight, you should have picked a reasonable price to begin with and stuck with it.  There's no way I will order any more of these for fear of getting fucked again.

+1
MikkisJ

Activity: 126
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 03:27:18 PM

I don't understand all these people who complain about them "overpriced" and "robbery".
If you don't like the price then simply don't buy. There is no lack of demand even at this price, so nobody cares about your complaints. Obviously AM reaps the benefits of no competition, and that's okay, because the price is determined by market, not production costs. You don't expect friedcat to be marxist even though he is from "communist" China. Smiley

Yes, no one forced people to buy them. But people are stupid and will be pissed off at you once they'll realize they can't turn profit on their 2BTC USB-sticks. I already wrote about this before that they should decrease prices in steps not to piss off buyers. For example price decrease of 0.1BTC every week (and a bit lower initial price) right from the beginning would not piss off so many people as it does now. It probably still wouldn't be profitable, but at least less people would be angry, therefore buying more in the future and even with decreased prices the revenues still can be as high due to increased volumes.

Of course you can enter the numbers into https://bitclockers.com/calc (mining calculator) and see for yourself.

An estimate on difficulty growth is not so hard to make either. Just look at hashrate increases from last weeks and enter the percentage. But I as already said, people are stupid, and for their own sake (AM) should not piss off the buyers so they will buy more products IN THE FUTURE.
buyer

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 03:30:47 PM

oh yea it's the stupid buyer... got nothing to do with the stupid sellers  Roll Eyes
conv3rsion

Activity: 310

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 04:10:56 PM

what is the order email address for US customers. I don't see it in the first post.
laughingbear
Deflationary champion

Activity: 622

www.cryptobetfair.com

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2013, 04:18:34 PM

what is the order email address for US customers. I don't see it in the first post.

Id like to know as well...   Ive been asking, and looking, but cant figure it out.   Ive also sent a pm to friedcat, but haven't heard back.  I just want to spend money!!!
kendog77

Activity: 742

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 04:20:33 PM

Everyone knew that a block erupter would never earn 2 BTC from day one, so they were overpriced. Once you acknowledge that fact, it just becomes a question of who gets left holding the bag.

As a reseller, you can protect yourself from these sorts of things by only offering products to your buyers that provide them with a decent value and pass on the overpriced offerings!
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 04:22:57 PM

I believe the order email address for batches of 50 or more is asicminer.usb@gmail.com

That is the email address I used in past communication for ASICMiner USB purchases.
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 04:24:35 PM

I feel like a dope for paying 1.99 for several of these. Part of my "value" calculation was the ability to mine for a period of time, then resell the hardware. Now that possibility is gone.

In hindsight, you should have picked a reasonable price to begin with and stuck with it.  There's no way I will order any more of these for fear of getting fucked again.

Only reasonable price for those is $25ish.

conv3rsion

Activity: 310

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 04:40:56 PM

I believe the order email address for batches of 50 or more is asicminer.usb@gmail.com

That is the email address I used in past communication for ASICMiner USB purchases.

Thank you.
finlof

Activity: 630

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 05:23:30 PM

thx
twitami1

Activity: 322
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 05:28:43 PM

Lol, I knew there would be loads of "I got scammed at higher price" etc etc posts.

Guys, it is an electronic item--THEY ALL GET CHEAPER! Those who buy first, are ALWAYS paying for some R&D.

"Ima sue Samsung!! When I bought my 32" LCD TV it was $1000. Now they are $250!!!!" "They scammed me!!"

Like seriously, you bought first, you pay more. Just like almost EVERY other product ever made.
JLM

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 05:30:57 PM

Great!!!! Somebody can tell me how to buy  Huh
Link, please!!! Thanks.

Look in the group buy section.  Lots of action ATM.

Ok. Thanks, but this for US or European Buyers.
I´m from Argentina.

1Hyawq17jkzfpunPC6tTikpgMGSsekd98z
boor

Activity: 52

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 05:35:33 PM

Agree. They can't treat their first buyers as shxt.

I don't understand all these people who complain about them "overpriced" and "robbery".
If you don't like the price then simply don't buy. There is no lack of demand even at this price, so nobody cares about your complaints. Obviously AM reaps the benefits of no competition, and that's okay, because the price is determined by market, not production costs. You don't expect friedcat to be marxist even though he is from "communist" China. Smiley

Yes, no one forced people to buy them. But people are stupid and will be pissed off at you once they'll realize they can't turn profit on their 2BTC USB-sticks. I already wrote about this before that they should decrease prices in steps not to piss off buyers. For example price decrease of 0.1BTC every week (and a bit lower initial price) right from the beginning would not piss off so many people as it does now. It probably still wouldn't be profitable, but at least less people would be angry, therefore buying more in the future and even with decreased prices the revenues still can be as high due to increased volumes.

Of course you can enter the numbers into https://bitclockers.com/calc (mining calculator) and see for yourself.

An estimate on difficulty growth is not so hard to make either. Just look at hashrate increases from last weeks and enter the percentage. But I as already said, people are stupid, and for their own sake (AM) should not piss off the buyers so they will buy more products IN THE FUTURE.
Fjordbit

Activity: 588

firstbits.com/1kznfw

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2013, 05:43:49 PM

Lol, I knew there would be loads of "I got scammed at higher price" etc etc posts.

Guys, it is an electronic item--THEY ALL GET CHEAPER! Those who buy first, are ALWAYS paying for some R&D.

"Ima sue Samsung!! When I bought my 32" LCD TV it was $1000. Now they are $250!!!!" "They scammed me!!"

Like seriously, you bought first, you pay more. Just like almost EVERY other product ever made.

The difference is that you extract qualia from owning a larger TV over that time. You don't get any qualia from Block Erupters, you only get bitcoin, and there is no way that the frist sold block erupters made 1.01 bitcoins in the time that this price drop occurred. Someone else mentioned dropping the price by .1 btc every week, but these don't even produce .1 btc/week so this would very quickly show the problems with their pricing.

I am going to warn everyone here, as I have before

Unless this is purely for novelty, do not buy these for profitability until they come close to $60 / GHps. Even that might be too high, but then you'll have a chance at profitability.

Refer to this site for a bigger picture on ASIC miner comparisons.
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 06:04:26 PM

Agree. They can't treat their first buyers as shxt.

Man, thinking you were going to turn a profit from those usb miners priced at 2BTC is really beyond me. I get there are some retards buying them for $400 on ebay, but seriously... How retard you have to be to buy one of those for $400? I mean... You run out of retards sooner or later.

Unfortunately, I think that at 1BTC we have pretty much the same situation. Sure, some other retards will show up and will buy them at $200 on Ebay - that's the only way to profit, because those things will NEVER ROI mining - not at 2BTC, not at 1BTC.

Don't get me wrong, I will gladly buy one of those only because I think it's a revolutionary item... The mini, USB miner! But thinking you are going to "profit" from them, unless you apply the Greater Fool Theory... Come on... The only way to "profit" from those (mining) is to buy them at $25 or below.

Rant2112

Activity: 70

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 06:43:12 PM

1) Hard to argue that the first USB miners were over-priced when they were selling for $400 on ebay.

2) If you think they are over-priced then don't buy them LDO.

3) Which do you prefer:

3a) ASICMiner sells USB miner for 0.5 BTC.  Customer sells it on ebay for $400.

3b) ASICMiner sells USB miner for 1.99 BTC.  Customer sells it on ebay for $400.

[ I bought a USB miner for 1.99 BTC + group buy markup.  I'm happy and unbothered by price changes.  ]
Rant2112

Activity: 70

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 06:46:40 PM

bitcoin mining hardware pricing is VERY time sensitive and VERY volatile.

IMO bitcoin mining hardware should be sold in 'small' batches by Dutch Auction.  (Hardware that is available for shipping now, not BFL or KNC.)

The hardware manufacturer should get the profits, not resellers.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: