Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 05:56:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Block Erupter USB Sales [Temporarily Out of Stock]  (Read 93123 times)
bobboooiie

Activity: 656
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 10:46:46 PM

wait, what? was the OP post just edited today? did the official price just drop by 50%?

Yesterday and yes

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kendog77

Activity: 742

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 10:52:20 PM

I will say that pricing block erupter at 1 BTC for 338 MHz is pretty much the final death blow for GPU mining. Unless one wants to mine alt scrypt coins, there is absolutely no reason to purchase a GPU for mining over block erupters.

Ummm...resale of a GPU will always be better than a novelty item with no use in a month, or two, plus there is gaming, cad work, cgi animation, rendering and all those other things graphics cards do.

These USB dongles aren't worth a 0.5BTC price tag...they are practically no cost to make.

I agree that GPUs have other valid uses, and folks will buy them for other purposes and mine on the side, but they are no longer a good mining only buy for anything other than scrypt. You can now get 1 GHs worth of USB miners for $300, and the USB miners also cost far less in electricity to operate. GPUs can't touch that.
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 10:55:31 PM

I will say that pricing block erupter at 1 BTC for 338 MHz is pretty much the final death blow for GPU mining. Unless one wants to mine alt scrypt coins, there is absolutely no reason to purchase a GPU for mining over block erupters.

Ummm...resale of a GPU will always be better than a novelty item with no use in a month, or two, plus there is gaming, cad work, cgi animation, rendering and all those other things graphics cards do.

These USB dongles aren't worth a 0.5BTC price tag...they are practically no cost to make.

I agree that GPUs have other valid uses, and folks will buy them for other purposes and mine on the side, but they are no longer a good mining only buy for anything other than scrypt. You can now get 1 GHs worth of USB miners for $300, and the USB miners also cost far less in electricity to operate. GPUs can't touch that.

Agreed, but in 3 months you'll still be able to sell a GPU, factor that into the profit you'll barely get from the ASICminer USB.  This is soley about them selling their tech at inflated prices and introducing ASICs into the wild en mass, so they can add more proportionately to their oligopoly.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
nottm28

Activity: 574

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 10:59:48 PM

Agreed, but in 3 months you'll still be able to sell a GPU, factor that into the profit you'll barely get from the ASICminer USB.  This is soley about them selling their tech at inflated prices and introducing ASICs into the wild en mass, so they can add more proportionately to their oligopoly.

Friedcat would have sold more than he could make if he came in with 3 ubs sticks for 1 BTC - over priced - too late now - missed the boat.

donations not accepted
nubbins
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1009

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 11:01:25 PM

Friedcat would have sold more than he could make if he came in with 3 ubs sticks for 1 BTC - over priced - too late now - missed the boat.

If you sell more than you can make, your prices are too low.

No longer buying/selling Casascius coins. Beware scammers.
My OTC Web of Trust ratings / What's a PGP chain of custody?
kendog77

Activity: 742

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 11:02:06 PM

Once klondike USB miners hit the market, ASICMiner will have to reduce prices to remain competitive, but until that time they'll still sell a lot of these USB miners at 1 BTC.
btceic

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2013, 11:02:32 PM

that also makes you a greedy f**k

♫ This situation, which side are you on? Are you getting out? Are you dropping bombs? Have you heard of diplomatic resolve? ♫ How To Run A Cheap Full Bitcoin Node For $19 A Year ♫ If I knew where it was, I would take you there. There’s much more than this. ♫ Track Your Bitcoins Value
nottm28

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 11:04:29 PM

If you sell too few - you over priced and missed the boat.

donations not accepted
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 11:06:34 PM

And then you drop the price, and...oh wait, that is what they're doi....

nottm28

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 11:08:49 PM

Yeah, but customers who already paid 2+ BTC will be pissed (like me) and think twice now - no return sales.

[EDIT] 2 weeks ago...

donations not accepted
nubbins
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1009

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 11:11:19 PM

The bitcoin universe is filled with greedy fucks. You need to realize that this is still money we're talking about, and money attracts greedy fucks.

Having said that, if you were selling widgets, and thousands of people offered you $200 per widget, would you say "naw, that's too much, $25 only"?

Too true, but I don't think that's the situation we're in right now. Something like 4,000 of the first 10,000 units had been sold as of a week ago?

No longer buying/selling Casascius coins. Beware scammers.
My OTC Web of Trust ratings / What's a PGP chain of custody?
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1017

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 11:12:10 PM

Yeah, but customers who already paid 2+ BTC will be pissed (like me) and think twice now - no return sales.

[EDIT] 2 weeks ago...

Supply and demand dictate the price. They *had* to lower the price because they produce more than they are selling. If they have a decent capacity, in some weeks you will see them at $25ish

nottm28

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 11:15:57 PM

The bitcoin universe is filled with greedy fucks. You need to realize that this is still money we're talking about, and money attracts greedy fucks.

Having said that, if you were selling widgets, and thousands of people offered you $200 per widget, would you say "naw, that's too much, $25 only"?

Too true, but I don't think that's the situation we're in right now. Something like 4,000 of the first 10,000 units had been sold as of a week ago?

And friedcat is panicking that the other 6000 wont sell. Nobody thinks 2 BTC was worth it (I didn't but I bought 2 to try it). Nobody thinks 1 BTC is worth it - the current price. Unless he does something (even more) drastic - he'll be left with thousands of unsold units.

donations not accepted
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 11:16:09 PM

[EDIT] 2 weeks ago...

Supply and demand dictate the price. They *had* to lower the price because they produce more than they are selling. If they have a decent capacity, in some weeks you will see them at $25ish

And they still won't make a profit!

nottm28

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 11:16:31 PM

[EDIT] 2 weeks ago...

And demand has dropped dramatically. Anyone can see that.

donations not accepted
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1750

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 11:18:06 PM

[EDIT] 2 weeks ago...

Don't worry too much another round of suckers are going to be butt hurt right along with you shortly .

LOL new price ~$300/gh lmfao fucking beautiful.
Bitoy

Activity: 449
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 11:18:35 PM

Friedcat,

Please give a 0.50 btc rebate to those who ordered @ 1.99.  (It would make us feel better  Smiley
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 11:18:49 PM

And friedcat is panicking that the other 6000 wont sell. Nobody thinks 2 BTC was worth it (I didn't but I bought 2 to try it). Nobody thinks 1 BTC is worth it - the current price. Unless he does something (even more) drastic - he'll be left with thousands of unsold units.

It doesn't matter to him though, his chips have had their NRE long since covered. They are between $0.5 and $2 to make each, the most expensive part is prob the board itself now. His profit at 2BTC is in the order of thousands of percent. He can play this cost cutting game well into sub $10, think about it. Altough by that point he'd start charging for shipping on top.

nottm28

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 11:21:32 PM

[EDIT] 2 weeks ago...

Don't worry too much another round of suckers are going to be butt hurt right along with you shortly .

LOL new price ~$300/gh lmfao fucking beautiful.

I quite like them - that's the problem - they could have worked. I knew I was paying ott. I was expecting them to drop big style. To come up with a new plan of 1 BTC for 300 MH/s after the initial buzz wore off is a bad business decision.

donations not accepted
nottm28

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 11:22:39 PM

It doesn't matter to him though, his chips have had their NRE long since covered. They are between $0.5 and $2 to make each, the most expensive part is prob the board itself now. His profit at 2BTC is in the order of thousands of percent. He can play this cost cutting game well into sub $10, think about it. Altough by that point he'd start charging for shipping on top.

I suppose you are right - made 1 million - could have made 10 - still made 1 million so fu...

donations not accepted
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: