Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 07:35:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Block Erupter USB Sales [Temporarily Out of Stock]  (Read 93134 times)
DPoS

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 01:19:15 AM

I only bought 4 @ 2btc, but my old xp rig was having a pain of a time recognizing all 4 at once (the modminer though was always ready to mine... Smiley

not until I added a pci usb2 card and a usb3 powered hub did it finally act normal... not sure I want to try to stress out and try to add more regardless of the price!   that rig can stay at 2gh until knc ships me some saturns

the USBees and ModMiner are cool looking though!

PS-  If anyone has some ModMiners I'd take them for cheap...

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Moogle

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

KUPO!

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2013, 02:05:04 AM

Fantastic new price! Especially with btc dropping in price! I'll hopefully pick up a few of these!

PeZ

Activity: 297

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 02:26:04 AM

It's at 3 Bitcoin per share and look at their dividend payouts...terrible.

I actually rage when I see things like this. <Personal insult removed>. Even at current all-time-high prices, AM shares have an annual yield of 28%. Now, go out and find me ANY OTHER INVESTMENT IN THE WORLD offering that sort of return. Jesus Christ.

EDIT: Sorry, name-calling is mean.
The problem here is you are trying to compare it to safe, regulated investments that are unlikely to be shutdown by the government. For the amount of risk you are accepting...and I don't believe you understand all the risks...an annual yield for a 'top' bitcoin investment should be greater than 28%. BTW...it is not hard to locate some ETF's that have blown past 28%.
nubbins
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1009

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 02:39:56 AM

It's at 3 Bitcoin per share and look at their dividend payouts...terrible.

I actually rage when I see things like this. <Personal insult removed>. Even at current all-time-high prices, AM shares have an annual yield of 28%. Now, go out and find me ANY OTHER INVESTMENT IN THE WORLD offering that sort of return. Jesus Christ.

EDIT: Sorry, name-calling is mean.
The problem here is you are trying to compare it to safe, regulated investments that are unlikely to be shutdown by the government. For the amount of risk you are accepting...and I don't believe you understand all the risks...an annual yield for a 'top' bitcoin investment should be greater than 28%. BTW...it is not hard to locate some ETF's that have blown past 28%.

Fair enough, although I'm not sure "terrible" is how I'd describe the situation.

Keep in mind, as well, that it was only a few weeks ago that the annual yield was over 100% Smiley

No longer buying/selling Casascius coins. Beware scammers.
My OTC Web of Trust ratings / What's a PGP chain of custody?
tomatitotarifa

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 07:43:21 AM

Hello, I am interested in 10 units for Spain. Thanks

PM Kosmo, Friedcat doesn't sell direct to consumer.

Since Kosmo is in the USA he's better off buying them from YXT in Germany

Thanks. I have PM'd YXT but no reply yet. Any other ideas?
ampu

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

CLEARSIGHT- THE #1 BLOCKCHAIN JOB PLATFORM

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 07:49:29 AM

Thanks. I have PM'd YXT but no reply yet. Any other ideas?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=241447.msg2560649#msg2560649

aurel57
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 08:45:56 AM

Who is the contact person for sales to the USA?

CanaryInTheMine

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=241414.0

I have bought off him and ran very smooth
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 09:17:29 AM

Then you will loose even more money and still dont make a ROI.

This is an irritating price-correction in such a short amount of time indeed. As much as I'm tempted to purchase another 50 of these, I just can't rationalize it given the possibility they may be priced at 0.50 BTC each next month  Undecided

Well, this possibility is highly likely. Market price is set by supply&demand, I will make you an honest question: do you really think that the market can absorb 10,000 USB miners that won't ROI at all, at +$100?

I'm VERY interested in those USB because I love the concept, I'm in love with them, but I didn't buy any because they feel like a rip off. Ok, $100 is not so much in the big scheme of things, but still I don't feel like overpaying just because of anxiety. I have no anxiety, the market is always right, and I will end up having a couple of those for a fraction of their initial cost... And still, they will probably never break-even, whatever the price is, it looks like the trend is to sell them above the break-even point, just like the blades... But anyhow, the price will just adjust following difficulty, and even if they will never break even at any price, paying $25 for a USB toy is not like paying $200.

PrintMule

Activity: 980
Merit: 500

FREE $50 BONUS - STAKE - [click signature]

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 11:06:23 AM

Demand for these is crazy (as in stupid - crazy). I'm really satisfied to see their price go down like that. Props to those who resold their on eBay and etc. But I imagine the itch of those who did not.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▀        ▀▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ███████████████████████████████████████████████
█████    ▄█████████▌   ▐█████▀  ▐███████████████▌  ▀██████████████████
████▌   ▐██████████    █████    ████████████████    ██████████████████
████▌   ▐█████████▄▄▄▄█████▌   ▐███████████████▌   ▐███▀▀█████████████
█████    ▀███████████████▀▀        ▄███████████    ██▀   ▐████████████
██████▄     ▀▀███████▀▀         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀█████▌   ▐▀   ▄███▀▀   ▀█████
█████████▄▄     ▀▀███▄  ▄▄    ████▀    ▄   ███       ▄███▀   ▄█  ▐████
█████████████▄▄     ▀████▌   ▐███▀   ███   ██▌      ████    ██▀  █████
██████▀▀   ▀█████▄    ███    ████   ███▌  ▐██    ▌  ▐██▌      ▄▄██████
█████    ▄████████    ▐██    ██▀▀   ██▀   ▐▀    ▐█   ██▌   ▀██▀▀  ████
████▌   ▐████████▀    ███▄     ▄▄▄     ▄    ▄   ▐██   ██▄      ▄▄█████
████▌   ███████▀    ▄███████████████████████████████▄  ▀▀██████▀▀ ████
█████    ▀▀▀▀     ▄█████████▀    ▀█▀    ▀█       ▀████▄▄         ▄████
██████▄▄    ▄▄▄▄████████████  █████  ██  █  █  █  ████████████████████
█████████████████████████  █▄    ▄█▄    ▄█  █  █  ████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀▐▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀    ▄▀█████▀     ▀█▄
▄█▄    █        ▀▄   ███▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▄       ▄▀▀▀▀▀███▄
████      ▀▄▄▄▄▄▀       ███
███     ▄▄███████▄▄     ▄▀█
█  ▀▄ ▄▀ ▀███████▀ ▀▄ ▄▀  █
▀█   █     ▀███▀     ▀▄  █▀
▀█▄▄█▄      █        █▄█▀
▀█████▄ ▄▀▀ ▀▀▄▄ ▄▄███▀
▀█████        ████▀
▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀
● OVER 1000 GAMES
● DAILY RACES AND BONUSES
● 24/7 LIVE SUPPORT
BitAddict
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 11:56:29 AM

Demand for these is crazy (as in stupid - crazy). I'm really satisfied to see their price go down like that. Props to those who resold their on eBay and etc. But I imagine the itch of those who did not.

You can tell me...

I sold 10 @ Bitmit and they arrived to buyer's home yesterday. Of course now he is telling me the boxes were empty and he wants me to send to him another 10 for free or he's not going to open escrow... Of course he's liying, and I guess he's angry for price drop and he just wants to breakeven no matter what.

I always take extra care so it is imposible I forgot + weight on the parcel is exactly for 10 USB... and he told he found nothing inside, just air.
I hate this scammers.

I hope Bitmit is fair and send me the money.
Rampion
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 12:08:27 PM

If the demand was "crazy", they wouldn't have lowered the price. How "crazy" is the demand depends on the supply.

Eg:

If you can quickly produce 20,000 items, which unitary cost is around $1-$2, and there is a "crazy" demand for a) 5,000 items at $200 and b) 12,000 items at $100, it would be obviously more profitable for you to go for option b).

If suddenly your production capacity spikes to 80,000 items, it's way more profitable to sell all of them at $20 than selling only 12,000 at $100.

It's not the vendor who sets the price, it's the market which functions following supply&demand.

I'm ashamed to be explaining such basic things, but some of the guys in here seem to do not understand basic free market principles.

Some of you think the "demand is crazy" because you re-sold 10, 20, 30, 50 of them on ebay. That's peanuts. We should assume supply for these USB thingies should be in the orders of hundreds of thousands.

-Redacted-

Activity: 574
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 01:20:41 PM

Or perhaps you have a little more smarts, and do like Intel and other manufacturers in the electronics business do, or Pfizer and Merck do in the pharmaceutical business, or Dow does in the chemical business - introduce new items at just as much as you calculate the market will bear to recover your R&D costs and maximize your early profits, then drop the price when either the competition catches up, or you introduce a new product line.

So long as BFL Jalepenos aren't being shipped from off-the-shelf, and there is no other competition, Friedcat can set the price at whatever the market will bear and whatever price maximizes his profits -  which he did, and continues to do.  His profit margins are still over 90%, and he's planning to ship 6 million of these at the lower price, as opposed to the 2 million he sold at the higher price.  And when competition shows up, he'll either just cut the price again, since he has economy-of-scale behind him where a competitor wouldn't, or just quit making them completely if he feels the profit margins have gotten too compressed.

And you really don't get the fact that the chips he uses are binned.  The A-grade chips go into his current generation of blades, and, rather than discarding the rejects, he gets to sell the B-grade and lower parts for massive profits since the buyers of these devices don't care about the few % of hardware errors the lower grade chips end up producing.

Your theory is all well and good, but you have obviously never run an actual business before.  Friedcat is as close to being a sales and marketing genius as I have ever seen in the Bitcoin area.

Rampion
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 01:33:33 PM

His profit margins are still close to 90%, and he's planning to ship 6 million of these at the lower price, as opposed to the 3 million at the lower price. 

Source for that figures?

This is the info I have:

We had shipped the first 200 USBs today immediately after they are out of the factory. Soon more than 10,000 shiny little stones will be distributed international and quietly erupt blocks.

In any case I doubt friedcat has shipped more than 10,000 of those, so you are certainly out by orders of magnitude. Just calculate the hashrate of 3 million Block Erutpter USB:

336MH/s * 3,000,000 = 1,008TH/s. Compare it to the 170TH/s we currently have on the network.

genjix
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1076

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 01:46:22 PM

Not all forum members have enough posts to be able to PM the OP. Consider adding an additional contact method for those people.
buyer

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 01:46:28 PM

It's not the vendor who sets the price, it's the market which functions following supply&demand.

I'm ashamed to be explaining such basic things, but some of the guys in here seem to do not understand basic free market principles.

I'm ashamed that you don't get the obvious... YES THE VENDOR SETS THE PRICE.  When is the last time you went to buy a brand new (insert favorite technology here) and you got to pick the price?  That is just not the way retail sales works. EVERY manufacturer sets a manufacturers suggested retail price (msrp) and that is the price used by the ENTIRE distribution channel to caculate each players profit along the distribution chain.

And when the Vendor sets a price and then days later cuts the price in half then the CUSTOMER GETS PISSED.

How is this not OBVIOUS?  My young son understands and he can barely read.

Friedcat and company FUCKED the community.  Read through the thread and you will quickly see ALL the PEOPLE who are FORMER customers of ASICMINER products who just wrote, right here in this forum, that they will NEVER buy another ASICMINER product becuase the VENDOR DOES NOT KNOW HOW TO PRICE PRODUCTS and the VENDOR HAS A HISTORY OF SCREWING EARLY ADOPTERS.

How is this not obviously STUPID BUSINESS PRACTICE?  

Seriously, is this how big business operates?  NO?  Why?  BECAUSE THEY UNDERSTAND THE COST OF LOSING CUSTOMERS OVER STUPID POLICY DECISIONS can be calculated in REAL DOLLARS.  At this point any reasonable person will conclude that ASICMINERS GREEED is larger than ASICMINER and the STUPID PRICING policy is driving customers away.  Count all the lost sales and goodwill destroyed by ASICMININERS desire to eek out a few extra coins today.  Instead they COULD HAVE eeked out our coins for years and years and years if they had treated the community with a modicum of respect.

Instead Friedcat has just become Inaba2.0
g83

Activity: 448

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2013, 01:50:34 PM

i don't understand why you post shit like this - when the price was at 1.99 we had a different difficult than we have now
and everybody who wanted to have a usb miner in hand made a good deal with this. some buyers sold their sticks for twice
this price in dollars at ebay and made a great deal... just because you are pissed off does not mean friedcat fucked the
community. as a longtime shareholder of asicminer i can say this was the best investment in my whole life - FRIEDCAT 4 PRESIDENT !!!!!!!!
tidus_13

Activity: 290

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 02:07:54 PM

This is an irritating price-correction in such a short amount of time indeed. As much as I'm tempted to purchase another 50 of these, I just can't rationalize it given the possibility they may be priced at 0.50 BTC each next month  Undecided

They will, just wait 1 month and see the price maybe 0.2BTC each, a lesson to learn,  avalon products will rise , asicminer products will drop, early adopters should go Avalon, Asicminer products just wait a month or two to see a good drop price. Blades will drop 50% just wait.
Rampion
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 02:13:09 PM

They will, just wait 1 month and see the price maybe 0.2BTC each, a lesson to learn,  avalon products will rise , asicminer products will drop, early adopters should go Avalon, Asicminer products just wait a month or two to see a good drop price. Blades will drop 50% just wait.

Well, not really. First Avalon batches were "cheap" because they were preorders with months in lead time, while Asicminer was expensive because the delivery is immediate.

And still, avalon batch #3 is still a pre-order with months in lead time and its very expensive.

That said, both Block Erupter USB and blades will drop A LOT. The only way to profit from ASICMiner hardware is to count on the Greater Fool Theory.

nottm28

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 02:13:48 PM

I'm ashamed that you don't get the obvious... YES THE VENDOR SETS THE PRICE.  When is the last time you went to buy a brand new (insert favorite technology here) and you got to pick the price?  That is just not the way retail sales works. EVERY manufacturer sets a manufacturers suggested retail price (msrp) and that is the price used by the ENTIRE distribution channel to caculate each players profit along the distribution chain.

And when the Vendor sets a price and then days later cuts the price in half then the CUSTOMER GETS PISSED.

How is this not OBVIOUS?  My young son understands and he can barely read.

Friedcat and company FUCKED the community.  Read through the thread and you will quickly see ALL the PEOPLE who are FORMER customers of ASICMINER products who just wrote, right here in this forum, that they will NEVER buy another ASICMINER product becuase the VENDOR DOES NOT KNOW HOW TO PRICE PRODUCTS and the VENDOR HAS A HISTORY OF SCREWING EARLY ADOPTERS.

How is this not obviously STUPID BUSINESS PRACTICE

Seriously, is this how big business operates?  NO?  Why?  BECAUSE THEY UNDERSTAND THE COST OF LOSING CUSTOMERS OVER STUPID POLICY DECISIONS can be calculated in REAL DOLLARS.  At this point any reasonable person will conclude that ASICMINERS GREEED is larger than ASICMINER and the STUPID PRICING policy is driving customers away.  Count all the lost sales and goodwill destroyed by ASICMININERS desire to eek out a few extra coins today.  Instead they COULD HAVE eeked out our coins for years and years and years if they had treated the community with a modicum of respect.

Instead Friedcat has just become Inaba2.0

+1 (but without the swearing Smiley )

donations not accepted
crumbs

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 02:24:34 PM

[...buyer rants...]How is this not obviously STUPID BUSINESS PRACTICE?  
Seriously, is this how big business operates?  NO?  Why?  BECAUSE THEY UNDERSTAND THE COST OF LOSING CUSTOMERS OVER STUPID POLICY DECISIONS can be calculated in REAL DOLLARS.  At this point any reasonable person will conclude that ASICMINERS GREEED is larger than ASICMINER and the STUPID PRICING policy is driving customers away.  Count all the lost sales and goodwill destroyed by ASICMININERS desire to eek out a few extra coins today.  Instead they COULD HAVE eeked out our coins for years and years and years if they had treated the community with a modicum of respect.

Buyer, if you're talking stupid business practice, then ASICMINER will lose money -- they should be pitied, not scolded.  There can not be any talk of intentional fuckery.
If, OTOH, they stand to make more money by dropping the price, it is sound business & should be applauded by the this community as such.  Just ask Viceroy. Cheesy

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: