Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:45:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Block Erupter USB Sales [Temporarily Out of Stock]  (Read 93126 times)
BitAddict
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 02:25:27 PM

Why blaming so much to friedcat?
If difficulty doubles up, he needs to discount 50%. And so on. Because mining hardware price is based in mining difficulty.

Is the same when you buy a new TV. But with the difference that now difficulty is growing really fast, 2 weeks in the bitcoin world is like 1-2 years in the normal world.

Nothing new.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 02:29:15 PM

It's not the vendor who sets the price, it's the market which functions following supply&demand.

I'm ashamed to be explaining such basic things, but some of the guys in here seem to do not understand basic free market principles.

I'm ashamed that you don't get the obvious... YES THE VENDOR SETS THE PRICE.  When is the last time you went to buy a brand new (insert favorite technology here) and you got to pick the price?  That is just not the way retail sales works. EVERY manufacturer sets a manufacturers suggested retail price (msrp) and that is the price used by the ENTIRE distribution channel to caculate each players profit along the distribution chain.

And when the Vendor sets a price and then days later cuts the price in half then the CUSTOMER GETS PISSED.

How is this not OBVIOUS?  My young son understands and he can barely read.

Friedcat and company FUCKED the community.  Read through the thread and you will quickly see ALL the PEOPLE who are FORMER customers of ASICMINER products who just wrote, right here in this forum, that they will NEVER buy another ASICMINER product becuase the VENDOR DOES NOT KNOW HOW TO PRICE PRODUCTS and the VENDOR HAS A HISTORY OF SCREWING EARLY ADOPTERS.

How is this not obviously STUPID BUSINESS PRACTICE?  

Seriously, is this how big business operates?  NO?  Why?  BECAUSE THEY UNDERSTAND THE COST OF LOSING CUSTOMERS OVER STUPID POLICY DECISIONS can be calculated in REAL DOLLARS.  At this point any reasonable person will conclude that ASICMINERS GREEED is larger than ASICMINER and the STUPID PRICING policy is driving customers away.  Count all the lost sales and goodwill destroyed by ASICMININERS desire to eek out a few extra coins today.  Instead they COULD HAVE eeked out our coins for years and years and years if they had treated the community with a modicum of respect.

Instead Friedcat has just become Inaba2.0

I don't see how friedcat did anything wrong - in any case the blame is all on you, for purchasing overpriced hardware and now feeling butthurt because prices are starting to be adjusted to reality. This was an expected situation, the forum is full of posts of people saying they would buy some "when they dropped in price". From the very first day. And FYI, prices for these USB things will drop more. Only a few customers bought at the initial 2BTC price. More people will buy at 1BTC. Even more at 0.5BTC, etc. You are a fool if you do not realize that's what is going to happen, and it will be the best both for the market and for ASICMiner shareholders. In fact, quote me on this: we will see these things below 1BTC very soon.

Look at it this way: If you thought that at 2BTC they were a good investment, better for you - at 1BTC they are an even better investment!

tidus_13

Activity: 290
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 02:41:20 PM

If difficulty doubles up, he needs to discount 50%. And so on. Because mining hardware price is based in mining difficulty.

Is the same when you buy a new TV. But with the difference that now difficulty is growing really fast, 2 weeks in the bitcoin world is like 1-2 years in the normal world.

Nothing new.

It's not the same, you buy TV and electronical componentes to satisfy what you needs, it's not a business.
 You buy a mining hardware to "make something profit" Cause as Asicminer, they sell for BTC for a miner to mine BTC.I don't see a problem at drop prices, but the Block Erupter USB only mines ~0.01 a day.
Only in one month the price drops 50%, one month (u make 0.3 BTC) plus delays you may made 0.1~0.2BTC. they should drop price with a fair timeline.Something like this drop os prices is like they don't really care about the earliest customers. And again BTC is a business cause that make you "money"(coin), electronical componentes like PC,TV,PHONES are not the same.
BitAddict
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 02:42:08 PM

It's not the vendor who sets the price, it's the market which functions following supply&demand.

I'm ashamed to be explaining such basic things, but some of the guys in here seem to do not understand basic free market principles.

I'm ashamed that you don't get the obvious... YES THE VENDOR SETS THE PRICE.  When is the last time you went to buy a brand new (insert favorite technology here) and you got to pick the price?  That is just not the way retail sales works. EVERY manufacturer sets a manufacturers suggested retail price (msrp) and that is the price used by the ENTIRE distribution channel to caculate each players profit along the distribution chain.

And when the Vendor sets a price and then days later cuts the price in half then the CUSTOMER GETS PISSED.

Friedcat and company FUCKED the community.  Read through the thread and you will quickly see ALL the PEOPLE who are FORMER customers of ASICMINER products who just wrote, right here in this forum, that they will NEVER buy another ASICMINER product becuase the VENDOR DOES NOT KNOW HOW TO PRICE PRODUCTS and the VENDOR HAS A HISTORY OF SCREWING EARLY ADOPTERS.

Seriously, is this how big business operates?  NO?  Why?  BECAUSE THEY UNDERSTAND THE COST OF LOSING CUSTOMERS OVER STUPID POLICY DECISIONS can be calculated in REAL DOLLARS.  At this point any reasonable person will conclude that ASICMINERS GREEED is larger than ASICMINER and the STUPID PRICING policy is driving customers away.  Count all the lost sales and goodwill destroyed by ASICMININERS desire to eek out a few extra coins today.  Instead they COULD HAVE eeked out our coins for years and years and years if they had treated the community with a modicum of respect.

I don't see how friedcat did anything wrong - in any case the blame is all on you, for purchasing overpriced hardware and now feeling butthurt because prices are starting to be adjusted to reality. This was an expected situation, the forum is full of posts of people saying they would buy some "when they dropped in price". From the very first day. And FYI, prices for these USB things will drop more. Only a few customers bought at the initial 2BTC price. More people will buy at 1BTC. Even more at 0.5BTC, etc. You are a fool if you do not realize that's what is going to happen, and it will be the best both for the market and for ASICMiner shareholders. In fact, quote me on this: we will see these things below 1BTC very soon.

Look at it this way: If you thought that at 2BTC they were a good investment, better for you - at 1BTC they are an even better investment!

This is not true, because you're only looking BTC price. You need to look Ghs/difficulty price, and now they're at the same price when they started selling them.

Of course if the difficulty keeps rising you will see them @0.5 , @0.1 and less. Also, in the future the could be overpriced @0.05 if difficulty is really really high.

So, no point speaking about price without caring about current difficulty.
BitAddict
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 02:49:19 PM
Last edit: June 25, 2013, 03:07:06 PM by BitAddict

Nothing new.

It's not the same, you buy TV and electronical componentes to satisfy what you needs, it's not a business.
 You buy a mining hardware to "make something profit" Cause as Asicminer, they sell for BTC for a miner to mine BTC.I don't see a problem at drop prices, but the Block Erupter USB only mines ~0.01 a day.
Only in one month the price drops 50%, one month (u make 0.3 BTC) plus delays you may made 0.1~0.2BTC. they should drop price with a fair timeline.Something like this drop os prices is like they don't really care about the earliest customers. And again BTC is a business cause that make you "money"(coin), electronical componentes like PC,TV,PHONES are not the same.

If it's a business for you, it's your fault for not considering they would lower the price if difficulty rises.
That's obvious.

Edit: Is true that they should lower the price every weak, because this is really hard for the buyers last week. But I feel like they're overloaded with work and it is imposible for them.
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 02:49:35 PM
Last edit: June 25, 2013, 03:53:19 PM by Rampion

This is not true, because you're only looking BTC price. You need to look Ghs/difficulty price, and now they're at the same price when they started selling them.

Of course if the difficulty keeps rising you will see them @0.5 , @0.1 and less. Also, in the future the could be overpriced @0.05 if difficulty is really really high.

So, no point speaking about price without caring about current difficulty.

Use a simple rule of thumb:

If you cannot recover your investment in BTC in 30 to 45 days considering constant difficulty from the moment you deploy your hardware, the most likely scenario with current difficulty projections is that you won't be able recover your investment at all.

Considering that rule of thumb, the Block Erupter were overpriced when they were launched and they are still overpriced now. Same thing is valid for the blades.

Still, the market is willing to pay and Friedcat had been flawlessly squeezing the maximum profit from the market. Kudos to Friedcat, flawless management and a great service to his shareholders.

buyer

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 03:06:50 PM

For the record I never bought any because Friedcat's pricing policy was out of whack from the very first sale.  He never offered volume discounts which makes no sense if you are trying to get a product into the market.  Now he has pissed off the community who are ranting through the last several pages of this epic lesson in how not to price things.

To the guys that want to point to difficulty... the price of a car does not change related to the price of gasoline.  (And cars are often used 'to make money').  So your point is invalid.  

Pricing is a well understood concept taught in universities all around the world, right next to the class on brand building.  Friedcat and company would do very well to take either class.

Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 03:09:00 PM

While I completely understand your irritation with the recent pricing adjustment (I share your frustration), I don't believe this is a fair comparison to make, all things considered.
BitAddict
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 03:10:19 PM

For the record I never bought any because Friedcat's pricing policy was out of whack from the very first sale.  He never offered volume discounts which makes no sense if you are trying to get a product into the market.  Now he has pissed off the community who are ranting through the last several pages of this epic lesson in how not to price things.

To the guys that want to point to difficulty... the price of a car does not change related to the price of gasoline.  (And cars are often used 'to make money').  So your point is invalid.  

Pricing is a well understood concept taught in universities all around the world, right next to the class on brand building.  Friedcat and company would do very well to take either class.

Now you're comparing different things.
If the car makes gasoline for you it would be related to it.
nubbins
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1009

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 03:12:18 PM

On the one hand, we have all these shareholders saying "I hope blade/usb sales were up this week!" and rejoicing at record-high dividends, but then on the other hand, we have the same people crying about ROI on the miners that they chose to buy.

I wonder how many of the people crying about the price drop were cheering the past few Wednesdays?

No longer buying/selling Casascius coins. Beware scammers.
My OTC Web of Trust ratings / What's a PGP chain of custody?
nubbins
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 03:14:16 PM

It's like friedcat/AM is supposed to be a ruthless profit-maker and a soft feel-good "community leader" at the same time. You can't have it both ways.

Also note that if you're a shareholder who's holding more than pocket change in shares, your USB purchases were subsidized by your weekly dividends.

crumbs

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 03:25:09 PM

Hey Viceroy/buyer, stop spamming with blank posts. 

Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 03:25:39 PM

BKKCoins knock off is coming faster than you might think

I have 18 K16's on order through Steamboat's efforts. I'm not sure what point you are trying to make other than more competition entering Bitcoin ASIC-space is a good thing. I would agree with you.
nubbins
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 03:27:03 PM

I was implying that the damage he is doing to their brand is as bad as Inaba has done for BFL.  

Until he starts calling customers "fucking assholes", that's not true. Inaba is an actual piece of human shit, and comparing anyone to him is a very grave insult that I hope you'll reconsider.

I think you will see that if they don't adopt a new pricing policy that they will not become the player they wish to be.

And what exactly do they wish to be?

BKKCoins knock off is coming

hundreds of qualified engineers ... trying

Emphasis mine.

Volkswagen is the largest car company in the world because they appeal to the common man with their rock solid low priced offerings

Actually, GM is #1. Volks has the #2 spot. Maybe things are different in other countries, but I didn't think VWs were particularly cheap?

Friedcat tried to be mercedes on day one and while that model worked well in the early 1900's it doesn't play in the modern world of 1%'ers.

I know all those words, but I can't understand what you're trying to say.

buyer

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 03:29:07 PM

While I completely understand your irritation with the recent pricing adjustment (I share your frustration), I don't believe this is a fair comparison to make, all things considered.

I was implying that the damage he is doing to their brand is as bad as Inaba has done for BFL.  I think you will see that if they don't adopt a new pricing policy that they will not become the player they wish to be.  BKKCoins knock off is coming faster than you might think and there are hundreds of qualified engineers all around the world trying to duplicate this device. 

Volkswagen is the largest car company in the world because they appeal to the common man with their rock solid low priced offerings.  Friedcat tried to be mercedes on day one and while that model worked well in the early 1900's it doesn't play in the modern world of 1%'ers.
nubbins
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 03:32:06 PM

It's really difficult to have a discussion with you, when you keep making blank posts and then cutting/pasting paragraphs of text between them all.

buyer

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 03:33:52 PM

I was implying that the damage he is doing to their brand is as bad as Inaba has done for BFL.  

Until he starts calling customers "fucking assholes", that's not true. Inaba is an actual piece of human shit, and comparing anyone to him is a very grave insult that I hope you'll reconsider.

I agree there are many differences between inaba and friedcat.  But I believe he is damaging their brand badly with this poorly considered pricing policy.
bitcoiner49er

Activity: 457
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 03:36:03 PM

BKKCoins knock off is coming faster than you might think and there are hundreds of qualified engineers all around the world trying to duplicate this device.

That right there is the crucial point. First to market = first to price. Don't like it? Don't buy.

Homo doctus is se semper divitias habet
twitami1

Activity: 322
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 03:36:29 PM

http://www.top10foru.com/top-10-car-companies-in-the-world-2013/

Actually your both wrong on the car thing. Well, depending on whose list you use. But VW ain't top on any of them.

But seriously, this thread is pathetic. Electronics get cheaper, and better. You all know it. Bitcoin changes at a much faster rate than most things. You all know this too. It's like Apple and the iphone on steroids. OMFG, My iphone from 2010 is only $99.00 now!! WTF?

You all knew this would happen (if you didn't, get out of Bitcoin this instant!). Your just pissed YOU lost money on it, didn't think it would be this soon, etc, etc.

Ya win some ya loose some. Man up. Ya sound like f*cking babies.
buyer

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 03:38:32 PM

"His goal is more than just topping GM and Toyota financially. By 2018 Volkswagen will be “the world’s most profitable, fascinating and sustainable automobile manufacturer,” Winterkorn says, with annual sales of 10 million vehicles and a pretax profit margin of 8% or higher, compared with the modest 6% on sales of 6.2 million cars and trucks worldwide when he took over in 2007. "

Current Issue of Forbes Magazine.

Pricing affects perception which affects sales.  The pricing policy adopted by ASICMINER is attrocious and damaging to their brand image in the short term and the long term.  This is not a game.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: