Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:47:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Block Erupter USB Sales [Temporarily Out of Stock]  (Read 93133 times)
bitbeast

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 11:05:54 PM
Last edit: June 29, 2013, 12:09:21 AM by bitbeast

That graph shows June 2013 - you are just not bothering to read

- I can only say that the graph you've linked:

is pretty blind - no units of measurement on the vertical axis, no year shown on the horizontal one.

And the first phrase after the graph, is:

"This was a fascinating chart and I checked out the numbers for BTC since 1/2011"

So it's hard to see from the first look, what's shown on the graph you'd cited.

I've been mining since the middle of 2011 which makes a big influence on my decisions these days

- Do not think of the past, better think of the future.

For example - it seems that governments of the leading world's countries are not quite happy with the fact of BitCoin network existance.

Recently, U.S. governmental machine has sued ~70 people that used BitCoin for 'tax evasion', and today Russian president Vladimir Putin requested from his bureaucrats a new national law that will regulate the electronic currencies (including the cripto- ones, as I guess).

Can you predict how the governmental regulation will affect the course of BitCoin in the future??

Time is money mining.
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dentldir

Activity: 333
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 11:34:09 PM

I can make that chart look like it's going the opposite in a big way, from when I got started mining.

Is everyone in this thread new to Bitcoin in 2013?  It looks so by the post counts.  I've been mining since the middle of 2011 which makes a big influence on my decisions these days.

Exactly this. 

We've been hearing the same end of the world predictions the entire time we've been raking in coins.

I also spend coins to help grow transaction fees.  If anyone doesn't know why transaction fees are important for the long term health of Bitcoin, then it's time to do more homework on the buy and hold thesis.

1DentLdiRMv3dpmpmqWsQev8BUaty9vN3v
Jaden

Activity: 99

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 12:43:16 AM

I'm going to buy one to replace an older GPU. I'm thinking the savings in electricity will help with the ROI. But, I am a noob.
SilentSonicBoom

Activity: 336

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2013, 07:28:28 AM

OP Updated

If you reach the total volume of 1,000 USB sticks, price is dropped to 0.89 each. We will also pay back the price difference of all your historic transaction (timeline started from the 0.99 pricing) of USB sticks. For example, if you bought more than 1,000 sticks, 500 for 1.99 and 500 for 0.99, the new price will be 0.89, and we will pay you the price difference for the 0.99 USB sticks, that is (0.99-0.89)*500=50BTC.

Sorry for the original ambiguation before that misled some customers that the price difference we pay back is 1.0BTC. What we expected to say is for the price difference based on both new prices.

friedcat - I wish to order 50 USB Miners from you direct but have had no reply to my two emails and a PM. I understand you are very busy but I really would like to make a purchase from AsicMiner of 50 USB Miners. My PM that was sent to you includes my email address, phone number, and other identifying information for shipment. Please PM me where I send my bitcoin payment to complete the process. I will send payment on the 5th of July. Anyone else that would like me to order for you, send me a PM and I will try to get them for you at my cost plus shipping.

Thank you friedcat for a reply.

SilentSonicBoom

ma_rine_sa

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 11:24:29 AM

from my previews post https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=217104.msg2569407#msg2569407 dated on the 24th i pointed out how fast time goes and only less than a week from my post burnin has already posted pictures of asic diy chips soldered on to pcb.

people NEED to stop giving bad advice. buying diy asic chips is ALOT better than buying these usb stick.

if only more people pointed and out stressed out gpu mining is a money pit i probably and hopfully would have listen.

if you really want to maximize your profitability ONLY buy diy chips.

You can get your usb stick now but when those diy chips come out the diff will skyrocket to god knows how much.

If you want to cost average then buy diy chips!

by buying these usb you are betting on diy chips NOT being delivered.
aahzmundus

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

Invest & Earn: https://cloudthink.io

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 11:58:17 AM

from my previews post https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=217104.msg2569407#msg2569407 dated on the 24th i pointed out how fast time goes and only less than a week from my post burnin has already posted pictures of asic diy chips soldered on to pcb.

people NEED to stop giving bad advice. buying diy asic chips is ALOT better than buying these usb stick.

if only more people pointed and out stressed out gpu mining is a money pit i probably and hopfully would have listen.

You can get your usb stick now but when those diy chips come out the diff will skyrocket to god knows how much.

DIY chips and USB miners are for VASTLY different markets.  I showed my wife and non tech friends how I setup the USB miner... I doubt I myself could figure out how to solder on the chips to some board without burning my house down.  You keep those diy chips, I have a little led light that blinks and keeps me up at night, and I love it!

Trongersoll

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 03:03:16 PM

DIY chips and USB miners are for VASTLY different markets.  I showed my wife and non tech friends how I setup the USB miner... I doubt I myself could figure out how to solder on the chips to some board without burning my house down.  You keep those diy chips, I have a little led light that blinks and keeps me up at night, and I love it!

All Men may be created Equal, but not all Men are equally capable. I scratch my head wondering just what i would do with a bunch of asic chips. Do they need Salsa? or at least a microcontroller to run them?
SilentSonicBoom

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2013, 04:12:02 PM

OP Updated

If you reach the total volume of 1,000 USB sticks, price is dropped to 0.89 each. We will also pay back the price difference of all your historic transaction (timeline started from the 0.99 pricing) of USB sticks. For example, if you bought more than 1,000 sticks, 500 for 1.99 and 500 for 0.99, the new price will be 0.89, and we will pay you the price difference for the 0.99 USB sticks, that is (0.99-0.89)*500=50BTC.

Sorry for the original ambiguation before that misled some customers that the price difference we pay back is 1.0BTC. What we expected to say is for the price difference based on both new prices.

friedcat - I wish to order 50 USB Miners from you direct but have had no reply to my two emails and a PM. I understand you are very busy but I really would like to make a purchase from AsicMiner of 50 USB Miners. My PM that was sent to you includes my email address, phone number, and other identifying information for shipment. Please PM me where I send my bitcoin payment to complete the process. I will send payment on the 5th of July. Anyone else that would like me to order for you, send me a PM and I will try to get them for you at my cost plus shipping.

SilentSonicBoom

friedcat - Please contact me. I would like to order more than 50 now! Thank you!

ma_rine_sa

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 04:40:43 PM

DIY chips and USB miners are for VASTLY different markets.  I showed my wife and non tech friends how I setup the USB miner... I doubt I myself could figure out how to solder on the chips to some board without burning my house down.  You keep those diy chips, I have a little led light that blinks and keeps me up at night, and I love it!
fine. then i hope that people that buy these usb know these are truely for novelty purposes. while i spew out reasons why one should not purchase these usb you and the people that think like what you have quoted better stress to people these sticks are ONLY for novelty purposes.

There are people that have stated they want to purchase 50 of these. i hope you know with 50btc you can buy ALOT of hashing power than what these usb can offer.

All Men may be created Equal, but not all Men are equally capable. I scratch my head wondering just what i would do with a bunch of asic chips. Do they need Salsa? or at least a microcontroller to run them?
is that a rhetorical question? there is a diy community. do people read word for word of everything i write?

i have quoted there is a diy community.

Even without quoting me people should already realise there is a diy community that will assist people with issues... or someone can just correct me wrong on that point...

Hell, i have never programmed a microcontroller but i'm betting $600 worth of diy chips that this diy community will come through so money where my mouth is...
crumbs

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 04:49:20 PM

Just noticed the topic is changed:     Block Erupter USB Sales [Temporarily Out of Stock]
finlof

Activity: 630

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 04:53:04 PM

I sold my first gen USB erupters at eBay for 230-300€. So basicly I got some for free now.
me too.  my 1st 10 cost me $2100 and i pocketed around $5000 from selling on ebay (after fees even).  everything is gravy now
PrintMule

Activity: 980

FREE $50 BONUS - STAKE - [click signature]

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 04:59:30 PM

Just noticed the topic is changed:     Block Erupter USB Sales [Temporarily Out of Stock]

I'm guessing that's a sales tactic\

Announcer:   And now back to Money Quest, on HBC.
Host 1:   [Camera zooms in on the two hosts] Welcome back to Money Quest. [Kyle looks at the show] In just over two weeks, young financial genius Eric Cartman [his picture appears on the screen behind the hosts] has managed to turn a theme park that was seeing less than a hundred attendees a day into a thriving park with attendance in the thousands.
Host 2:   And the way he did it is with the brilliant "You Can't Come" technique. For the first several days, the young businessman saturated the market with the claim that nobody could get into his park. It made the public crazy. So then, weeks later, when he opened the doors, they were lining up around the block. Simply amazing.
Host 1:   Well, ahah I thnk we should point out that this technique is already being applied by businesses all over the country.
   [At a restaurant where all the tables are empty and everyone is waiting in line...]
Waitress:   I'm sorry, we're no longer taking reservations. Nobody can eat here. You'll have to leave now.
   [At the Bijou, where everyone is waiting outside....]
Clerk:   No, I'm sorry. You can't see this movie. Nobody can see this movie. I can't even go in.
   [At Gracy's clothing store, a sales associates barks orders...]
Associate:   [the shoppers rush out of there] Out! Nobody is allowed into Gracy's anymore! Get out of here! [kicks the last shopper out]
   [Back to Money Quest...]
Host 1:   Amazing. Eric Cartman is surely the financial genius of our time.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▀        ▀▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ███████████████████████████████████████████████
█████    ▄█████████▌   ▐█████▀  ▐███████████████▌  ▀██████████████████
████▌   ▐██████████    █████    ████████████████    ██████████████████
████▌   ▐█████████▄▄▄▄█████▌   ▐███████████████▌   ▐███▀▀█████████████
█████    ▀███████████████▀▀        ▄███████████    ██▀   ▐████████████
██████▄     ▀▀███████▀▀         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀█████▌   ▐▀   ▄███▀▀   ▀█████
█████████▄▄     ▀▀███▄  ▄▄    ████▀    ▄   ███       ▄███▀   ▄█  ▐████
█████████████▄▄     ▀████▌   ▐███▀   ███   ██▌      ████    ██▀  █████
██████▀▀   ▀█████▄    ███    ████   ███▌  ▐██    ▌  ▐██▌      ▄▄██████
█████    ▄████████    ▐██    ██▀▀   ██▀   ▐▀    ▐█   ██▌   ▀██▀▀  ████
████▌   ▐████████▀    ███▄     ▄▄▄     ▄    ▄   ▐██   ██▄      ▄▄█████
████▌   ███████▀    ▄███████████████████████████████▄  ▀▀██████▀▀ ████
█████    ▀▀▀▀     ▄█████████▀    ▀█▀    ▀█       ▀████▄▄         ▄████
██████▄▄    ▄▄▄▄████████████  █████  ██  █  █  █  ████████████████████
█████████████████████████  █▄    ▄█▄    ▄█  █  █  ████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀▐▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀    ▄▀█████▀     ▀█▄
▄█▄    █        ▀▄   ███▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▄       ▄▀▀▀▀▀███▄
████      ▀▄▄▄▄▄▀       ███
███     ▄▄███████▄▄     ▄▀█
█  ▀▄ ▄▀ ▀███████▀ ▀▄ ▄▀  █
▀█   █     ▀███▀     ▀▄  █▀
▀█▄▄█▄      █        █▄█▀
▀█████▄ ▄▀▀ ▀▀▄▄ ▄▄███▀
▀█████        ████▀
▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀
● OVER 1000 GAMES
● DAILY RACES AND BONUSES
● 24/7 LIVE SUPPORT
SilentSonicBoom

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2013, 07:52:34 PM

OP Updated

SilentSonicBoom

friedcat - Please contact me. I would like to order more than 50 now! Thank you!

Thank you for the PM friedcat. Payment being sent on Friday the 5th of July.

pidge

Activity: 101

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 12:55:51 AM

I got a reply from friedcat too, BTC sent. Grin
PrintMule

Activity: 980

FREE $50 BONUS - STAKE - [click signature]

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 12:27:55 PM

sockpuppetee socky times?

████████▀▀▀        ▀▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ███████████████████████████████████████████████
█████    ▄█████████▌   ▐█████▀  ▐███████████████▌  ▀██████████████████
████▌   ▐██████████    █████    ████████████████    ██████████████████
████▌   ▐█████████▄▄▄▄█████▌   ▐███████████████▌   ▐███▀▀█████████████
█████    ▀███████████████▀▀        ▄███████████    ██▀   ▐████████████
██████▄     ▀▀███████▀▀         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀█████▌   ▐▀   ▄███▀▀   ▀█████
█████████▄▄     ▀▀███▄  ▄▄    ████▀    ▄   ███       ▄███▀   ▄█  ▐████
█████████████▄▄     ▀████▌   ▐███▀   ███   ██▌      ████    ██▀  █████
██████▀▀   ▀█████▄    ███    ████   ███▌  ▐██    ▌  ▐██▌      ▄▄██████
█████    ▄████████    ▐██    ██▀▀   ██▀   ▐▀    ▐█   ██▌   ▀██▀▀  ████
████▌   ▐████████▀    ███▄     ▄▄▄     ▄    ▄   ▐██   ██▄      ▄▄█████
████▌   ███████▀    ▄███████████████████████████████▄  ▀▀██████▀▀ ████
█████    ▀▀▀▀     ▄█████████▀    ▀█▀    ▀█       ▀████▄▄         ▄████
██████▄▄    ▄▄▄▄████████████  █████  ██  █  █  █  ████████████████████
█████████████████████████  █▄    ▄█▄    ▄█  █  █  ████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀▐▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀    ▄▀█████▀     ▀█▄
▄█▄    █        ▀▄   ███▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▄       ▄▀▀▀▀▀███▄
████      ▀▄▄▄▄▄▀       ███
███     ▄▄███████▄▄     ▄▀█
█  ▀▄ ▄▀ ▀███████▀ ▀▄ ▄▀  █
▀█   █     ▀███▀     ▀▄  █▀
▀█▄▄█▄      █        █▄█▀
▀█████▄ ▄▀▀ ▀▀▄▄ ▄▄███▀
▀█████        ████▀
▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀
● OVER 1000 GAMES
● DAILY RACES AND BONUSES
● 24/7 LIVE SUPPORT
BitAddict
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 12:47:56 PM

I can believe it.

They made 10,000 for the first batch and sold about 4,000 at 1.99. Now with the price reduction they probably sold the other 6,000.

They told they were doing more units, so no problem  Cool
pidge

Activity: 101

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 07:51:12 PM

sockpuppetee socky times?
Like this? http://www.sluggy.com/comics/archives/daily/20031027
PeZ

Activity: 297

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 10:43:00 PM

With the recent significant jump in difficulty, the price should be cut in half again.
bystander

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 11:12:06 PM

With the recent significant jump in difficulty, the price should be cut in half again.

It would not be surprising if he makes another price cut a few weeks from now. 

Obviously difficulty will have an effect on earnings, however it also depends on which pool is joined. 
It's possible to earn more than what the roi calculators estimate for the miner.  In early June, they were
estimated to earn about .0103btc , yesterday's showed they should be earning about 0.0079.  For some reason,
the miners I've been watching since early June are earning at a rate closer to the former than the latter. Hitting
the right pool at the right time may have helped, but it's unsustainable for a longer period of time.
BitAddict
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 11:17:26 PM

Not really. They launched new price @ 19 million difficulty. Now it is 21 million, only +10% change.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: