Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 03:20:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: what is ICO and why every day new coin is there  (Read 1357 times)
technocoins (OP)

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 06:09:58 PM

Hello,

I was wondering what ICO is ? and why every day there is new ICO coin thing is coming in the market claiming lot of things , lots of bonus , lots of coins etc .

I am still unable to understand what is going on .

if this will stay like this at the end of 2017 there will be thousands of ICO kind of things

Please help understanding this ?

Thank you

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cherryganda

Activity: 728
Merit: 131

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 06:43:56 PM

ICO is Initial Coin Offering and they always give discounts and freebies to  attract more investors, they also hire campaign managers to promote the project and add more success rating on the Coin they will release. Many company and project release CIo everyday as they want to be on the line where bitcoin and other successful coin are now. but most of the ICO now are not that successful so beware and make sure to review it before you invest with a single coin .. there's a lot you can use to make a better decision .. like the ATLANT (ATL) coin they are focused on real state and they are having  nice crowdsale and good scores now..
ikilledcobain

Activity: 446
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 06:44:32 PM

Well, Google is definitely your friend, but an ICO is an initial coin offering. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Initial_coin_offering

Basically, if you get in an support the coin early by buying it - you tend to get it at a cheaper price. If the coin does well - you do well. If the coin dies - well, you've lost your money.

It differs from an airdrop in which the coins are freely distributed.

At the end of the day, it's just a way to raise money so that the coin can further it's development, get added to exchanges, etc. People are coming out with new coins with new features all the time, so there are a ton of them out there. The main thing to do if you're interested in getting involved is to do the research before investing.

Hope that helps.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
Anonymous and Untraceable
ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord 

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
wBlue62

Activity: 22

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 04:09:34 AM

Hello,

I was wondering what ICO is ? and why every day there is new ICO coin thing is coming in the market claiming lot of things , lots of bonus , lots of coins etc .

if this will stay like this at the end of 2017 there will be thousands of ICO kind of things

Thank you

Initial Coin Offering. Most on the Ethereum chain. They are companies that offer a token kind of like shares of the company. You buy in early and speculate on their success. If it's a huge success, you make huge money as an investor.
bwells88

Activity: 18

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 04:15:07 AM

ICOs, initial coin offerings, are a chance to make huge money investing in new blockchain startups. Do your research and find some!
mrdueri

Activity: 20

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 04:41:58 AM

Hello,

Thank you

Initial Coin Offering. Investments where you can make huge returns! Go blockchain!!!
S9Capital

Activity: 14

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2017, 09:15:27 AM

Agreed. Make sure that your ICO investments are secure and employ best in class cybersecurity practices. We encourage ICO investors to check the #CryptoHygiene of their potential investments (https://www.securecoin.capital/cryptohygiene)

i think be careful with these ICOs, Do some research then invest xD
technocoins (OP)

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 11:35:24 AM

Dear All,

Thank you very much for your kind of help and details about it , after reading all about this , I am thinking to launch a new coin as well Smiley

Please share your thoughts that how much investment I need to launch a Coin , as I have some great Ideas about it .

I would be seeking some experts as well for the same .

There are many ideas behind which are not open , same like some Election Poll Coin , like , Tax thing to control or record via Blockchain technology etc. many more .

anyone there who got experience to launch a new coin with ICO ?

or do I need to open a new Thread ?
neuro-artisan

Activity: 42

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 11:48:38 AM

If you want to launch your own cryptocurrency you'd best have some good team behind you and already existing company.
Unless you wanna participate in get-rich-quick scheme.
vithancodai

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 12:10:44 PM

i misstake when i invest to a ICOs , i don't research it and i lost so much money
when i bought it with price =10000 satoshi and now you can see it  low price =32 satoshi
so my exp  is need reseach and  who is dev team behind project ? good or bad ?
flip4flop

Activity: 378
Merit: 135

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 12:26:37 PM

Always do your research when looking into ICOs and make sure you take the time to read everything including white papers, who the dev team is what other projects they worked on, and if they actually exist.  There are a large amount of ICO scams out there. Be very careful.
Hero_Member

Activity: 56

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 02:32:42 PM

Always do your research when looking into ICOs and make sure you take the time to read everything including white papers, who the dev team is what other projects they worked on, and if they actually exist.  There are a large amount of ICO scams out there. Be very careful.

Yes, that is true! Just think with your own head and everything will be fine Smiley
blockchainmonkey

Activity: 7

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 03:17:57 PM

It's an easy way to circumnavigate around VCs and raise capital for one's startup not having to deal with equity negotiation.
Rakabel619

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 05:04:42 PM

Hello, i am not understanding how ICO works. how can i research about an ICO? and what ICO deserve to invest in ? Please can someone help me? any tips. please help guys

macro12

Activity: 33

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 05:35:00 PM

Hello, i am not understanding how ICO works. how can i research about an ICO? and what ICO deserve to invest in ? Please can someone help me? any tips. please help guys

You can do research by reading their whitepaper or view the details of a thread or many other ICO's sites that provide information about the ico's. I think it's worth to invest, many people are choosing to invest in ICO's

pTactic

Activity: 23

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 02:21:32 AM

They are great ways to get into coins early on before they hit the exchanges. A lot of the time, the companies will give bonuses for being a early adopter. When deciding on which ICOs to get into, I like to look at the whitepaper, the team, ICO structure, the community support on Slack, Telegram, and Reddit. If you can get into a Pre-ICO that is even better but many require minimum investments. Some Pre-ICOs that I recently got into were Enjin (Ends in a few days), AirToken, Kyber, and OMG. 
1x12ty

Activity: 172
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 02:40:55 AM

everyday have new coin , so many coin show and have good coin or bad coin , every ICOs always have investment to grow up , to earn money .
 to invest you need a team research  everything behind this coin . however i think you need invest to bitcoin is enough
because bitcoin is best currency , every altcoin trade bitcoin .
olynnen

Activity: 14

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 04:48:23 AM

They are great ways to get into coins early on before they hit the exchanges. A lot of the time, the companies will give bonuses for being a early adopter. When deciding on which ICOs to get into, I like to look at the whitepaper, the team, ICO structure, the community support on Slack, Telegram, and Reddit. If you can get into a Pre-ICO that is even better but many require minimum investments. Some Pre-ICOs that I recently got into were Enjin (Ends in a few days), AirToken, Kyber, and OMG. 

I have been investing in ICO's for the past year or so, and I have a similar strategy when deciding which ones to pick. Both Enjin and Airtoken have potential. I don't know much about Kyber, and OMG has been trending upward for the past month.
technocoins (OP)

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 07:56:04 AM

If you want to launch your own cryptocurrency you'd best have some good team behind you and already existing company.
Unless you wanna participate in get-rich-quick scheme.

Yes thats true and that is the reason we are working and doing research on it , as many ideas are around and some are real unique that is the reason we decided to start a new coin not for money but for good business and good work for people looking for .
look at this post - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2173664

Thank you
johnsm79

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

trade.io - Join the Trading Revolution

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2017, 10:31:07 AM

People think that an ICO is some easy money..

Every day new people are trying to revenue with a terrible idea.. so yes every day people will try to launch their idea.. all until the big shots start to enter the industry leaving behind noobs and treasure hunters.

but some catch a break and make something for them selfs.. so I don't consider everyone out there a total noob.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
  TRADE.IO       ║     WHITEPAPER  •  ANN THREAD  •  TELEGRAM     ║     JOIN THE TRADING REVOLUTION
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: