Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:08:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 131 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Gold (BTG)  (Read 104128 times)
senin

Activity: 938
Merit: 137

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 03:55:27 AM

IT would be good to understand if "Bitcoin Gold" has anything to do with gold or if the word "gold" has just been attached to make it shine...
The new coin - BitcoinGold, which should appear in October-November due to another hard fork with bitcoin, can not be related to real gold. This is another beautiful name and no more. As far as this coin deserves such a name, we will see later on its support by the community and at its rate.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 04:14:12 AM

Bitcoin Gold? What the heck is that? I've never heard of it before. Btw, on marketcoincap, BTG is assigned to Bitgem.  

Is there a way to mine BTG ? Is there a special wallet on Windows?

From what I've read, they are going to change the Algo to Equihash, which is supposedly friendly to GPU and even CPU mining.  But you won't be able to mine it until after the fork.

OK...let me get this straight..say you have 100 btc you get 100 bitcoin gold on the fork....BUT they are going to mine with GPU from then on, using the equihash protocol...

thus after a week or so ..the GPU stuff will blow past the fork of 100 btc to bitcoin gold..thus making this fork you got for you 100 btc simply dust? ie blown past with more made gpu coins

thus diluting your stake big time?

I mean really, GPU mining, equihash, dubious fork...what is the price gonna be for a bitcoin gold coin....at the start....? say 1 bucks ...so you have 100 bucks to start off

and as said above, the GPU's kick in and flood the market making the price more like 10c a coin? Again, making your supposed 100 btc airdrop essentially worthless quickly?

correct me if I am wrong...but if the above is anywhere near true...I'm wasting my time even watching this thread or doing this post Sad

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
vit05

Activity: 672
Merit: 526

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 05:30:24 AM

This is a stupid market strategy that will only confuse people. Some people are thinking that this coin is supported by Big Miners. It is not true. There is nobody really relevant supporting this.
coingamblingreviews
Legendary

Activity: 1043
Merit: 1032

★Bitcoin Gambling Reviews★

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2017, 06:02:02 AM

Anyone trading in their alts temporarily to get the most BTG out of it? Or will rising BTC prices around that time (and corresponding dropping alt prices) make the added BTG not worth it?

Look what happened with Bitcoin Cash - didn't play out like that at all.

SMSabuj

Activity: 602
Merit: 251

I am a professional Web Designer and Developer

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 10:42:15 AM

Hello,

Does anybody know which wallets plan to support the Bitcoin Gold (BTG) friendly fork on October 1st? And what, if anything, should be done by the user?

Just follow this https://twitter.com/btcgpu you will get your answer. The Fork will be held on 25th October and Bitcoin holder will receive BitcoinGold in first November. Hold BTC on 10.25 get free BTG on 11.1. I am confusing about where can I keep my Bitcoin for the fork?
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 02:51:29 PM

Hello,

Does anybody know which wallets plan to support the Bitcoin Gold (BTG) friendly fork on October 1st? And what, if anything, should be done by the user?

Just follow this https://twitter.com/btcgpu you will get your answer. The Fork will be held on 25th October and Bitcoin holder will receive BitcoinGold in first November. Hold BTC on 10.25 get free BTG on 11.1. I am confusing about where can I keep my Bitcoin for the fork?

Well supposedly my bitcoin CASH is still on my orig bitcoin chain (bitcoin core) as I did not go thru the process of moving it off since the snapshot...thus if you leave the wallet alone

(stall) you can probably get by. Myself, I don't want to convert the snapshot on any fork to crypto in that would be, imho, a 'taxable event' for the IRS at the snapshot date. I'm hoping

if I just frigging leave it alone, the IRS will treat it like a stock split you sell it you pay 20% capital gains after a year and a day etc (2013 IRS guidelines on cryptocurrency)

Just because people are forking and tossing supposed $$$ at my blockchain (the bitcoin cash snapshot is 280 bucks I think) does not mean I have to move it yet.

or so I assume....for now

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
wpalczynski
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 04:13:09 PM

I don't have any hopes for this fork. This is just another marketing happening, I'm more likely to invest in altcoins that will have been dumped for this before they go back up.

nizamcc
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 04:53:12 PM

I don't have any hopes for this fork. This is just another marketing happening, I'm more likely to invest in altcoins that will have been dumped for this before they go back up.

That's the reason why this may not even get to the value of bitcoin cash IMHO. They are not going to spread/distribute the coins for free and that may prove to be a reason for the lack of support because I haven't seen/heard of any exchanges/wallets to have said anything about supporting/listing bitcoin gold. Just another way to make money by those who were not satisfied with BCH and are interested to board the train this way. They are hyping it hard just to get the attention of the market to spike it up once listed.
arseaboy

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 05:10:06 PM

That's the reason why this may not even get to the value of bitcoin cash IMHO. They are not going to spread/distribute the coins for free and that may prove to be a reason for the lack of support because I haven't seen/heard of any exchanges/wallets to have said anything about supporting/listing bitcoin gold. Just another way to make money by those who were not satisfied with BCH and are interested to board the train this way. They are hyping it hard just to get the attention of the market to spike it up once listed.
is there any significance that this fork will help btc original to gain more value? i really wanted to know since i was mistakenly understand how bcc works and i'm now confuse why another btc will live as btc-gold, market and newbies will really confuse about this and for sure it will be hang along road same thing with bch.

██████████████████████  ▀███▄          ▄██▄          ▄██████▄   █████████████████████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀███▄        ▄████▄        ▄███▀▀███▄   █████████████████████████
                          ▀███▄      ▄██████▄      ▄███▀  ▀███▄       ▐███       ███▌
                           ▀███▄    ▄███▀▀███▄    ▄███▀    ▀███▄      ▐███       ███▌
   █████████████████        ▀███▄  ▄███▀  ▀███▄  ▄███▀      ▀███▄     ▐███       ███▌
                             ▀███▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄███▀        ▀███▄    ▐███       ███▌
                              ▀██████▀      ▀██████▀          ▀███▄   ▐███       ███▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▀████▀        ▀████▀            ▀███▄  ▐███       ███▌
██████████████████████          ▀██▀          ▀██▀              ▀███▄ ▐███       ███▌

R E I M A G I N I N G    E N E R G Y
█▄
▄█████▄
▄████▀████▄
▄█████▌ ▐█████▄
▄███▀▀██▌ ▐██▀▀███▄
▄█████▄  ▀▌ ▐▀  ▄█████▄
█████████▄     ▄█████████
██████  ▀██▌ ▐██▀  ██████
▀██████▄  ▀▌ ▐▀  ▄██████▀
▀███████▄     ▄███████▀
▀▀██████▌ ▐██████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▄█▄▀▀▀▀
█████
[.
TELEGRAM    MEDIUM
TWITTER   FACEBOOK
]███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
[PRE-SALE]
C O M I N G 
SOON███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
VampiricElder

Activity: 495

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 01:13:04 AM

Will bitcoin gold be supported by MEW?
innoachukwu

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 09:12:36 AM

Interesting. I haven't heard of Bitcoin Gold before. Thanks for this info. I'll need to do a little research of my own.
onesalt

Activity: 756

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 09:27:59 AM

It has a suspicious future in my opinion, I'll also go with popular altcoins.
erox

Activity: 308
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 09:43:09 AM

As far as I know coins are credited when importing private keys in their wallet, but it is very unreliable to give your keys to an unauthorized application. Some exchanges (for example bitterex) will distribute BTG.

NAVIBRATION  -  feel your way   |   The way of knowing the world, reinvented
▬▬   WHITEPAPER   :   ONE PAGER   ▶  WATCH INTRO
FACEBOOK   ●   TWITTER   ●   TELEGRAM   ●   LINKEDIN   ●   YOUTUBE
Skayros

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 10:04:49 AM

As far as I know coins are credited when importing private keys in their wallet, but it is very unreliable to give your keys to an unauthorized application. Some exchanges (for example bitterex) will distribute BTG.
Nice coin
Kryptowerk
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1401

Disobey.

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 06:44:36 PM

Hello,

Well supposedly my bitcoin CASH is still on my orig bitcoin chain (bitcoin core) as I did not go thru the process of moving it off since the snapshot...thus if you leave the wallet alone

(stall) you can probably get by. Myself, I don't want to convert the snapshot on any fork to crypto in that would be, imho, a 'taxable event' for the IRS at the snapshot date. I'm hoping

if I just frigging leave it alone, the IRS will treat it like a stock split you sell it you pay 20% capital gains after a year and a day etc (2013 IRS guidelines on cryptocurrency)

Just because people are forking and tossing supposed $$$ at my blockchain (the bitcoin cash snapshot is 280 bucks I think) does not mean I have to move it yet.

or so I assume....for now

Interesting take on the matter.

So you plan to hold a year and hope you can still sell it then and only have to tax 20%?
How high would be taxes for Americans if you sold right away? Isn't that probably the better choice considering there is a high chance BCash will drop significantly within a year?

Get educated about Bitcoin. Check out Andreas Antonopoulos on Youtube. An old but gold talk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rc744Z9IjhY

Daniel Schmachtenberger on The Meta-Crisis: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kBoLVvoqVY&t=288s One of the most important talks about the current state of this planet. Go check it out.
sindikat

Activity: 364
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 07:01:57 PM

If they are not to distribute free coins then they have no chance to support people. Bitcoin cash is kept on the market only because many have the coins and people keep them in the hope that they will ever rise in price. So did the Americans with the dollar after world war II. The consequences we see now. The dollars is at all.
btcjoin14

Activity: 891

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 11:14:17 PM

Frankly I don't believe they will be succeed. BCH is alive just because have pretty good support of BTC miners. I think BCH as well as upcoming bitcoin gold will die next 1-2 years.
It might gain more popularity for Bitcoin after this is all finished. There's going to be more airdrops and there will be people wanting more Bitcoins.
arwani1985

Activity: 817
Merit: 506

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 03:43:32 AM

how to mine bitcoin gold with vga amd rx470
neytron4

Activity: 25

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 05:20:59 PM

If they are not to distribute free coins then they have no chance to support people. Bitcoin cash is kept on the market only because many have the coins and people keep them in the hope that they will ever rise in price. So did the Americans with the dollar after world war II. The consequences we see now. The dollars is at all.

I`m not sure that is the main reason of dollar success(That americans kept them in the hope that they will ever rise in price).  Smiley Wink
Startup11

Activity: 39

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 05:17:38 PM

Are there exchanges who supports bitcoin gold? Bittrex? Polo? Yobit?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 131 »
  Print  

Jump to: