Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:02:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 131 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Gold (BTG)  (Read 104135 times)
slackcryptoz

Activity: 456
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 03:12:35 AM

Where is the bitcoin gold wallet?

I'd say it's a poor work by the team. I don't think there is an official wallet but wallet like coinomi and frewallet (bitcoingold) are supporting it.
Yes, even it didn't got the same responsibility same as that of the past bitcoin cash fork. Maybe soon it gets updates and more wallet supporting bitcoin gold will be generated. If this has gained more market value now this could have hot more importance. Now once again the price of bitcoin has started to move forward, so possibly once again the price of bitcoin gold might decrease.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 04:31:51 AM

So I'm supposedly (below) $200 bucks richer per BTC now? (more or less at this time)

https://www.worldcoinindex.com/coin/bitcoingold

According to my CPA lady (USA tax time) ..it likely will be treated by IRS as a stock split..ie if you don't touch it ...it will not be a taxable event

thus don't have to report this $200 buck unicorn $$$ from the air...to them, If I wait 1 year and 1 day...then 20% capital gains vs 40% capital gains before then

If I were to cash it out at this profit...all taxable (at 50% tax rate this year I am) so that seems silly,

same game with bitcore coin, and Bitcoin Cash and byteball etc and segwit2x+2mb at the middle of Nov when it pops as well

anyway, how I'm playing it ...FYI in the usa....(the IRS really, really does not like money falling out of the sky..or gold dug out of the ground, etc and not

getting some of the 'action', don't ya know)...thus the waiting game on all the above for 1 year and 1 day to get to at least 20% only capital gains tax

vs cashing out now . (I wonder how all this is gonna play out) anyway ....how I"m approaching the coming everyone and his brother camping on my

btc blockchain to claim a new  ALT trend

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
mharz

Activity: 336
Merit: 260

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 05:20:26 AM

Bitcoin Golg is a new future in this coin market. No one think about bitcoin but now a days how many good result in bitcoin. We thing Bitcoin Gold make a best place in online market so anyone can buy this coin and hold a six ti ten month then you can watch a magic of BTG.
Don't be sure with that, because I know more users are starting to analyze and study this coin. Moreover it was newly launches so they have no any idea regarding their ability in the market, therefore I think we need to know first this coin and their good benefits before we invest. Because I'm sure if we can't do this possible lost will be the effect of this to our income.
Mzai620

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 05:37:32 AM

Wallets which let you hold your private key will give you a chance to hold bitcoin gold. After the hardfork, if you are holding your bitcoin in your wallet and you are holding the private key of that wallet, you can collect your bitcoin gold by insert the private key into supporting bitcoin gold wallets. Here are few wallets that you can use to hold your bitcoin : electrum, bitcoin core, multibit
Also, I believe that bittrex will support bitcoin gold and allow users to have their bitcoin gold if they have bitcoin on bittrex wallet
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 06:05:38 AM

Got some in Bitfinex and got rid of them. Not much worth, and certainly not worth to bother.

If it was not worth that much, then what was the problem in holding them for a few months? By dumping the coins, you might have hardly got anything in return. So rather than that, you could have kept the coins in the Bitfinex wallet itself. I will be keeing my BTG coins. Because we don't know what will happen in the future. If BTC goes down due to some issue, then clones such as BCH and BTG can replace it.
Natalim

Activity: 2912
Merit: 591

BTC to the MOON in 2019

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 07:18:53 AM

Bitcoin Golg is a new future in this coin market. No one think about bitcoin but now a days how many good result in bitcoin. We thing Bitcoin Gold make a best place in online market so anyone can buy this coin and hold a six ti ten month then you can watch a magic of BTG.
I won't bother buying it, I earn it by holding my bitcoin but I'm a bit disappointed with its price now, it has dump hardly and I still cannot sell my BTG since Bittrex hasn't credited it in my account yet. I learned my lesson, instead of looking for this free money, I would have bought more alts when people are dumping theirs.

hello_good_sir

Activity: 1008
Merit: 531

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 07:27:35 AM

Hello,

Does anybody know which wallets plan to support the Bitcoin Gold (BTG) friendly fork on October 1st? And what, if anything, should be done by the user?

Big exchanges that supports it/lists it are:

- Bitfinex
- Yobit
- HitBTC
- Binance
- Bluetrade.

You should be able to claim your BTG by importing your private keys into one of the wallets that support the bitcoin gold coin. As long as you havesome amount of bitcoin in your wallet at the time of the snapshot ofc.

ttsyre

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 07:43:09 AM

Polo and Bittrex said they are not listing BTG
When the do list, will my BTG show up for the BTC I was holding at the time of the fork?

Is it an official statement? Any proof?
Crypto-watch-Talk

Activity: 156

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 07:46:15 AM

Does not exist. Even the website is only available every now and then, the other times you get 403 error. It's a scam.

Don't know what you are talking about there website is just fine: http://btcgpu.org
faaty

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 07:51:17 AM

When will Bitcoin Gold have a fully working wallet? Bitcoin Cash had wallets even before the snapshot of theirs. As a private key holder, I have Bitcoin Gold somewhere in the blockchain but I can not control my coins now. How come exchanges gave Bitcoin Gold to their users at all? Even exchanges themselves should not claim their coins and how come they give to their users. They just want to increase their volume by some imaginary coins.

Anyway, is there any news about Bitcoin Gold wallet? Especially for Electrum
cryptowizze

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 07:53:54 AM

If bitcoin gold succeeds then there's no hope for the crypto community. Who falls for such a scam
Rinaze

Activity: 322

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 07:58:26 AM

If bitcoin gold succeeds then there's no hope for the crypto community. Who falls for such a scam
Looking at how BitConnect is doing so well on market movement, I wouldn't hope to have that much hope in the crypto community to be honest.

SvenBomvolen

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 08:06:59 AM

Why Bitcoin Gold is a scam to you? Because of it's price didn't sky rocket as you expected?! Grin Bitcoin Gold can't be a scam even if our expectations didn't come true, now we have a new crypto-currency and absolutely free! What can be better?! I didn't have any big expectation about Bitcoin Gold, but I am glad to have a little part of this coin on my balanse, just to have it among my other altcoin investments Cheesy
Chaikannik

Activity: 412

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 08:09:56 AM

Hello! Different from GoldMint?
MacInTheNet

Activity: 38
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 08:35:43 AM

Does not exist. Even the website is only available every now and then, the other times you get 403 error. It's a scam.

No scam dude... there was a big DDoS attack, that's it.
skripsup

Activity: 130

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 09:11:44 AM

Hello! Different from GoldMint?

Are you asking if GoldMint and Bitcoin Gold (BTG) are different? Of course they are different! These two are totally different coins. BTG is a hardfork of Bitcoin and GoldMint is a very different coin. So, you can check info below (links). And you will gain the right understanding.

https://www.cryptocompare.com/coins/mnt/overview As I know this project is mostly about gold, loans etc..
https://www.cryptocompare.com/coins/btg/overview And here you can read about BTG.

It is not scam as I see now.. At the first sight it looked like a scam, because there was a lot of misunderstandings around it and people have no trust.
But now, the situation changed, hardfrok happened, so make a conclusions.. Don't blame it being scam, just get it and get free money
paloloy

Activity: 238
Merit: 102

REVOLUTIONIZING THE TRAVEL INDUSTRY

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2017, 09:18:44 AM

Bitcoin Gold is another hard Fork that at first I wasn't excited about but when I do hear that they offer higher ICO and everyone can mine with their low specs hardware - I really into it. Imagine, Bitcoin is mined by mining corporations and they're using top of the line hardware but in Bitcoin Gold, we can even mine coins using our loptop or low specs hardware so this is surprising and revolutionary.

arseaboy

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 09:24:08 AM

Bitcoin Gold is another hard Fork that at first I wasn't excited about but when I do hear that they offer higher ICO and everyone can mine with their low specs hardware - I really into it. Imagine, Bitcoin is mined by mining corporations and they're using top of the line hardware but in Bitcoin Gold, we can even mine coins using our loptop or low specs hardware so this is surprising and revolutionary.
I do like to understand how this coin will come forward since aside from those feature that you mention it seems that interest coming from new players are rising and it will be determined whether this split will make some difference from the previous one, bitcoin, bitcoin cash and bitcoin gold so still the king is standing  tall maybe lets see how well this three will performed from each investors that will hold the coins.

██████████████████████  ▀███▄          ▄██▄          ▄██████▄   █████████████████████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀███▄        ▄████▄        ▄███▀▀███▄   █████████████████████████
                          ▀███▄      ▄██████▄      ▄███▀  ▀███▄       ▐███       ███▌
                           ▀███▄    ▄███▀▀███▄    ▄███▀    ▀███▄      ▐███       ███▌
   █████████████████        ▀███▄  ▄███▀  ▀███▄  ▄███▀      ▀███▄     ▐███       ███▌
                             ▀███▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄███▀        ▀███▄    ▐███       ███▌
                              ▀██████▀      ▀██████▀          ▀███▄   ▐███       ███▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▀████▀        ▀████▀            ▀███▄  ▐███       ███▌
██████████████████████          ▀██▀          ▀██▀              ▀███▄ ▐███       ███▌

R E I M A G I N I N G    E N E R G Y
█▄
▄█████▄
▄████▀████▄
▄█████▌ ▐█████▄
▄███▀▀██▌ ▐██▀▀███▄
▄█████▄  ▀▌ ▐▀  ▄█████▄
█████████▄     ▄█████████
██████  ▀██▌ ▐██▀  ██████
▀██████▄  ▀▌ ▐▀  ▄██████▀
▀███████▄     ▄███████▀
▀▀██████▌ ▐██████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▄█▄▀▀▀▀
█████
[.
TELEGRAM    MEDIUM
TWITTER   FACEBOOK
]███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
[PRE-SALE]
C O M I N G 
SOON███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
Majormax
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2017, 09:25:18 AM

Agree. It looks so amateurish. The goldpaper is full of errors and misinformation.
Majormax
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2017, 09:28:40 AM

I do like to understand how this coin will come forward since aside from those feature that you mention it seems that interest coming from new players are rising and it will be determined whether this split will make some difference from the previous one, bitcoin, bitcoin cash and bitcoin gold so still the king is standing  tall maybe lets see how well this three will performed from each investors that will hold the coins.

BTG is not a split. It is a brand new blockchain, all prevoius transactions discarded.

We don't even know the process by which BTC keyholders will claim their BTG, but that has the potential to be the biggest theft ever.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 131 »
  Print  

Jump to: