Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 04:20:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 131 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Gold (BTG)  (Read 104135 times)
pugman
Legendary

Activity: 2383
Merit: 1551

dogs are cute.

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2017, 05:42:12 AM

Hello,

Does anybody know which wallets plan to support the Bitcoin Gold (BTG) friendly fork on October 1st? And what, if anything, should be done by the user?
Ay, bitcoin gold sucks. It's whole hype went down in vain. All efforts and capital invested in it didn't get what was expected and it's team is so very new that it can't be trusted, just because it has a precessor of bitcoin in it. There is a need for more info about bitcoin gold as well as the team. And keeping it in your wallet will be risky, one it's because of the replay attack possibility and DDOS attack that occurred on the first day of release of bitcoin gold.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 06:43:59 AM

Did the mining start?
AFAIK mining should start today...but still no info about it...

There's a pool already but still there's no wallet available.  Someone shared it to me on facebook - https://minepool.gold/

I bought some Bitcoin Gold today. I think that this investment will make me money. Who would you like to say, bad comments about Bitcoin Gold are not in my mind. Bitcoin Gold excites me and many things can be the beginning.
Really you have bought bitcoin gold? Where have you got your bitcoin gold wallet? I'm not a bitcoin gold believer, I'm only spectating here.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Rajamuda

Activity: 924
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 07:02:54 AM

Not knowing at all which wallet is planning to support BitcoinGold, and to my knowledge seems haven't see at all until now BitcoinGold attracted many investors or welcomed by many investors, and be honestly I still doubt about the future of BitcoinGold will becoming more popular or not in the world of crypto currency (altcoins). And to date I personally still haven't seen the great price movements from BitcoinGold.
Emmyslot

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2017, 07:34:40 AM

Which wallet supports BTG
djangocoin

Activity: 474
Merit: 285

Brave New World

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 09:37:19 AM

It's weird that for all the talk there was about btccash and now segwit2x, there was almost non about btcgold.. almost as if it doesn't exist or was being ignored. What's up with that? lol

:]
bitfools

Activity: 112
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 11:04:03 AM

Where can I create a Bitcoin Gold Address?
I want to use it for mining.
Please beware of the scammers on Twitter that do post sites where you can create a wallet!

download the bgoldd and run it, don't worry there is no blockchain, so its just a "git clone", and then run, then

type "bgold-cli getnewaddress"

This bgoldd doesn't do anything, like it does support "gettemplateblock" so it can't be used for mining, its hard coded to only work in -testnet mode

Then you will have your address, your address, do not accept one from a 'wallet' site.

Oct 25 'fork' came and went, nov-1 came and went, still no software, no block, no wallet and no gui, not much of anything, but promises

but hell the price is high and holding ... ?

shit is the new gold, vaporware is the new treasure

this shit coin doesn't even support zaddresses, its just a piss-poor clone copy of BTC that uses equihash for POW,

but once again nothing works
bitfools

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 11:08:16 AM
Last edit: November 02, 2017, 01:38:01 PM by bitfools

wouldn't it be funny if the testnet were doing the premine pow.  i'm fairly new but i've never seen a launch anything like this...   there are other "bitcoin forks" like btcz that launched flawlessly, no premine and wallets for multiple platforms.    And they had NONE of the hype this one had.    I hope i'm wrong about this one

It would be funny and possible,

The github.com/btcgpu could be all entire FAKE bullshit,

the pool.gold is running something, but when i build the software it only runs in -testnet mode, and I can't solo mine cuz my proxy gets a "Getblocktemplate" nada, and do it by hand and sure enough you get -9 when you 'gold-cli getblocktemplate'

so what the hell are they running on gold.pool? its the same people, perhaps their running a FAUX test pool for another flavor that works, because sure as hell the shit at githhub.com don't work

***\

Right now POOL.GOLD is running at 250K sol/sec, now where in the HELL is that HASH power going? It ain't going to test BTG, cuz the blockchain don't exist and the testnet doesn't support mining,

IMHO they pool.gold is all part of the ENTIRE scam, not only do they have no intention of ever delivering working software, but now they have people mining into the NULL world for FREE, directing their machine miners towards who knows?

How many days weeks months will this bullshit go on ??

WHo the fuck knows, what is known is that everything is a SCAM, especially nicehash

The price is holding high and nice, and now people are mining for them for free, that's a lot of ZCASH that's being mined for them, and note only zcash seems to have bumped of the EQUIHASH family in past 24 hours of this bullshit pool.gold, so they have the only working -testnet for BGOLDD??? Right

zencash has reported in the past 24 hours a mysterious 250K-sol/sec 'mining pool' just showed up, ... funny wouldn't it be funny if pool.gold was just stealing rigs to mine their own equihash?

Most likely IMHO I would look at nicehash and there desire to scam, its a marriage made in heaven to get morons to MINE on sites where they're promised 'zero return'.
DarkningDuck

Activity: 26

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 01:05:31 PM

To all of the wallet questioners: The Wallet will be available (HitBTC, etc) when the Mainnet is live and running. There are no BTG Wallets online. Not even those who got free btg with their btc. The only can hold those BTGs in their wallet nearby their BTC Adress. I know its really really hard to believe but you ppl have to wait until those Deposit Adresses will be created buy Exchanges or Offline. BTG is "new" and a cryptocoin. Its not a Windows plug and play thing. All you have to do is wait and check google Cheesy
bitfools

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 01:42:48 PM

To all of the wallet questioners: The Wallet will be available (HitBTC, etc) when the Mainnet is live and running. There are no BTG Wallets online. Not even those who got free btg with their btc. The only can hold those BTGs in their wallet nearby their BTC Adress. I know its really really hard to believe but you ppl have to wait until those Deposit Adresses will be created buy Exchanges or Offline. BTG is "new" and a cryptocoin. Its not a Windows plug and play thing. All you have to do is wait and check google Cheesy

U can create a BTG address right now with the bgold-cli client, that's been a given for 2+ weeks, but that's all the software is good for,

the 'mainnet' will NEVER in human history become online, because why should it???

RIght now the YOBIT.NET is is selling an ICO with no blockchain for $200/coin, and gold.pool is getting miners to run their rigs on a pool that promises zero return,

why in HELL would they ever change any of this?

It's all the same people, but this way all along,

Lastly, if you study the github for btcgpu, in the past month they have really haded NO CODE, its just a few changes to the base 'magic cookies' and all, like for instance today they added the NOMP pool, but they added NO CODE, they just import exists git-hubs and slap on their title, but NEVER add value to any code, again its all irrelevant, cuz it doesn't do anything, other than sit there,

In the meantime the price is STRONG, and MORONS keep mining on a pool that promises ZERO ROI
oegarod

Activity: 602
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 01:57:56 PM

Today the bitcoin cash keeps in growing along with bitcoin, but bitcoin gold has experienced a small downfall in value staying around $125. This time the forking of bitcoin gold didn't made a big impact during fork, and the ongoing price increase might be based in the past BTC fork.
rajuahmed763

Activity: 456
Merit: 10

🔥 Ultimate Launchpad on TON 🔥

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 02:12:35 PM

Hello,

Does anybody know which wallets plan to support the Bitcoin Gold (BTG) friendly fork on October 1st? And what, if anything, should be done by the user?
Wait for sometime then you find a wallet on bittrex or poloniex for bitcoin gold. It will be added on thus wallet.Or try to read article or information more on https://bitcoingold.org/

▀██▀ ▀▀▀▀▀  ▄██████████▀          T O N U P          ▀██████████▄ ▀▀▀▀▀  ▀██▀
THE ULTIMATE LAUNCHPAD ON TON CHAIN
▀████▄     [      Twitter      ]    [    Telegram    ]    [     Medium     ]     ▄████▀
hua_hui
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1016

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 02:18:29 PM

Bitcoin gold has managed to add replay protection so this make things a lot of safer, especially the huge exchange. However, we still have to wait for main net release before we can claim the btg. However, i do know of 1 exchange is trading now.
mercedes321

Activity: 504
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 05:31:21 PM

Please beware of the scammers on Twitter that do post sites where you can create a wallet!

download the bgoldd and run it, don't worry there is no blockchain, so its just a "git clone", and then run, then

This bgoldd doesn't do anything, like it does support "gettemplateblock" so it can't be used for mining, its hard coded to only work in -testnet mode

Then you will have your address, your address, do not accept one from a 'wallet' site.

Oct 25 'fork' came and went, nov-1 came and went, still no software, no block, no wallet and no gui, not much of anything, but promises

this shit coin doesn't even support zaddresses, its just a piss-poor clone copy of BTC that uses equihash for POW,

its true price is very high, this waiting is killing confidence, we all know they are mining 10k coins, i checked the code, 10K coins premined, its ok., i dont mind that, but just relaese the f. wallet
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4899

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 05:57:52 PM

wouldn't it be funny if the testnet were doing the premine pow.  i'm fairly new but i've never seen a launch anything like this...   there are other "bitcoin forks" like btcz that launched flawlessly, no premine and wallets for multiple platforms.    And they had NONE of the hype this one had.    I hope i'm wrong about this one

It would be funny and possible,

The github.com/btcgpu could be all entire FAKE bullshit,

the pool.gold is running something, but when i build the software it only runs in -testnet mode, and I can't solo mine cuz my proxy gets a "Getblocktemplate" nada, and do it by hand and sure enough you get -9 when you 'gold-cli getblocktemplate'

so what the hell are they running on gold.pool? its the same people, perhaps their running a FAUX test pool for another flavor that works, because sure as hell the shit at githhub.com don't work

***\

Right now POOL.GOLD is running at 250K sol/sec, now where in the HELL is that HASH power going? It ain't going to test BTG, cuz the blockchain don't exist and the testnet doesn't support mining,

IMHO they pool.gold is all part of the ENTIRE scam, not only do they have no intention of ever delivering working software, but now they have people mining into the NULL world for FREE, directing their machine miners towards who knows?

How many days weeks months will this bullshit go on ??

WHo the fuck knows, what is known is that everything is a SCAM, especially nicehash

The price is holding high and nice, and now people are mining for them for free, that's a lot of ZCASH that's being mined for them, and note only zcash seems to have bumped of the EQUIHASH family in past 24 hours of this bullshit pool.gold, so they have the only working -testnet for BGOLDD??? Right

zencash has reported in the past 24 hours a mysterious 250K-sol/sec 'mining pool' just showed up, ... funny wouldn't it be funny if pool.gold was just stealing rigs to mine their own equihash?

Most likely IMHO I would look at nicehash and there desire to scam, its a marriage made in heaven to get morons to MINE on sites where they're promised 'zero return'.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
erre
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1205

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 06:41:57 PM

So we are now in november, and there is no working wallet or blockchain. I feel bad for people buying this shit @ 0.08 during the early phase... too bad i didn't trusted yobit!

Roll a dice FOR FREE every hour, and win up to $200 in btc ---> CLICK HERE

Tip me using the LIGHTING NETWORK! -->https://tippin.me/@Erre96344121
tuiputui

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 07:55:25 PM

Bicoin Gold is a chinese scam. a coin projected and designed to print free money. No transparecenry

If you bealive that Bitcoin should go back to the miners and the community, go to

https://bitcoinz.global/
squatter
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1196

STOP SNITCHIN'

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 08:26:29 PM

So we are now in november, and there is no working wallet or blockchain. I feel bad for people buying this shit @ 0.08 during the early phase... too bad i didn't trusted yobit!

It never makes sense to buy at the initial launch unless you are immediately selling. Supply on the ask sides will always be low. Like most altcoins, it's best to only quickly flip (intra-day trade) new launches. Long term, wait to enter when the chart has based on the daily/weekly time frame at least.

The launch has been crappy, but I wouldn't write it off yet. The public testnet has been launched, and the developers expect that the mainnet will be launched in the next couple days. Long term, I don't have high hopes for this coin, but in the short term I think we might get another round of hype when it finally launches.

BTC Turkiye

Activity: 472
Merit: 254

Anlik Coin Fiyatlari BTCkur.com

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2017, 09:13:28 PM

What do you mean download bgold and run it?
Where is bgold? I don`t think there is a wallet for desktop or a node of any kind yet. Can you please clarify this and tell me if there is anyway I can get my coins on a desktop wallet?

Thank you

Farklı Borsaların Anlık Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum ve Bitcoin Cash Kurunu Takip Edebilirsiniz.
BTCkur.com
oktoshiimin

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 02:51:16 AM

wouldn't it be funny if the testnet were doing the premine pow.  i'm fairly new but i've never seen a launch anything like this...   there are other "bitcoin forks" like btcz that launched flawlessly, no premine and wallets for multiple platforms.    And they had NONE of the hype this one had.    I hope i'm wrong about this one

you are right, btcz has the same Algo: Equihash + zk-SNARKs too, but i don't know btcz is forks
nicendrine

Activity: 44

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 03:52:34 AM

Bitcoin gold has managed to add replay protection so this make things a lot of safer, especially the huge exchange. However, we still have to wait for main net release before we can claim the btg. However, i do know of 1 exchange is trading now.

Good to hear that they implemented replay protection already but wasn't that written on their website long before? Why would they write it there if it wasn't even implemented yet at the time.

I use Trezor and at least looking forward to claiming my BTG coins soon. We shall see how this coin's value fares once everyone gets their coins.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 131 »
  Print  

Jump to: