Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:02:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Presale vs. ICO  (Read 2936 times)
Krypty (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2017, 09:42:24 PM

Hey folks,

i am wondering what are the differences between presale we see that often and an ICO. why do companies run a presale mostly with higher benefits compared to the following ICO? do investors have to stick to some kind of conditions afterwards? (hold at least for x month?) i dont assume that because ppl sometimes gather, group up to collect the minimum needed in a certain presale and participate. so what is so special about presale?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
turbulence

Activity: 406
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 10:16:18 PM

i assume it's because pre-sale investors take a higher risk because of among other things ETH or BTC price fluctuations in the time between pre-sale and ICO, and since it's before most people are aware of the project it's harder to tell how well-received it will be. also i think it's common that you have to make a bigger contribution than the minimum required for ICO participation

this is just my thoughts tho, haven't participated in a presale yet, but will when i find the right project and discover it at right time

███
     ███
    ███
   ███
  ███
 ███
███
███
 ███
  ███
   ███
    ███
     ███
      ███
        ▄▄███████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████
  ███████████████████████████████
 ████████   ▀██████████▀▄▄▀███████         ███          ███       ▐█▌     █████████████   █████████▄       ███     ███       ███
█████████     ▀████████ ▀▀ ████████        ████        ████       ███     ▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀   ███▀▀▀▀▀███▄     ███      ███     ███
█████████  █▄   ▀█▀  ███  █████████        █████      █████      █████         ███        ███      ▀██▌    ███       ███▄ ▄███
█████████  ███▄     ▄███  █████████        ██████    ██████     ██▌ ▐██        ███        ███       ██▌    ███        ███████
█████████  ███▀ ▄█▄ ▀███  █████████        ███▀███▄▄███▀███    ███   ███       ███        ███     ▄███     ███        ███████
█████████  ███  ███  ███  █████████        ███  ▀████▀  ███   ███     ███      ███        ███    ████      ███       ███▀ ▀███
 ███████ ▄▄ ██  ▀█▀  ███  ████████         ███    ▀▀    ███  ███       ███     ███        ███     ▀███     ███      ███     ███
  ██████▄▀▀▄███▄   ▄████  ███████          ███          ███  ██         ██     ███        ███       ███    ███     ███       ███
      ███████████████████████
        ▀▀███████████████▀▀

The Intelligent Blockchain
▬▬  Pre-ICO: January 4th  |  ICO: January 16th

ANN  News  Scene  Showcase
██  Whitepaper:  Bussines | Technical  ██
Facebook  Twitter  Github  Telegram

███
 ███
  ███
   ███
    ███
     ███
      ███
      ███
     ███
    ███
   ███
  ███
 ███
███
Cart

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 10:18:26 PM

I like the price differentiation nowadays. I think earlier people should be rewarded more as well!
cenicsoft

Activity: 276

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2017, 10:32:59 PM

The presale is a way to generate buzz ahead of time or open a sale to only whales/prearranged participants before the general public can participate.

I don't like the idea of providing presale discounts, etc. For a decentralized token sale, the sale itself shouldn't be rigged in this manner. Hence the reason we decided not to do a presale campaign for BannerCoin (BCOIN) - BannerCoin.com

BannerCoin - officially trading on EtherDelta.
BannerView.com - Energize your Business Online, powered by BannerOS, the platform that turns your website into a powerful business tool.
tsaroz
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1069

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2017, 10:46:37 PM

Presale is a cheap promotional ICO. We can call it a reward for early investors.
It's an advertising strategy as well.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
martyMC

Activity: 159
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 10:57:14 PM

I think presale is a private sale before ICO
sylance

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 10:58:18 PM

Presale is a cheap promotional ICO. We can call it a reward for early investors.
It's an advertising strategy as well.

I think it's more about generating FOMO; getting people rushed into buying to get the best 'rewards' but many times, the rewards are really the justified price of the token.  I've recently soured on ICO's so maybe my bias is coming out.  I'd love to see some analysis on the ratio of 'profitable' ICO's; for instance, how many of them have a higher token price one year after release.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Tradegroup

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 12:00:23 AM

Presale has more risks in it. An ICO shows how popular a coin actually is.
gustavroy

Activity: 450
Merit: 122

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 12:43:18 AM

Pre-sale is win-win situation.inverstors take high risk and they accept big enterance limits so that they get some bonusses.On the other hand owners also make good profits because before crowdsale they gain so much money.
Pasutinmeur

Activity: 302
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 02:04:36 AM

Hey folks,

i am wondering what are the differences between presale we see that often and an ICO. why do companies run a presale mostly with higher benefits compared to the following ICO? do investors have to stick to some kind of conditions afterwards? (hold at least for x month?) i dont assume that because ppl sometimes gather, group up to collect the minimum needed in a certain presale and participate. so what is so special about presale?
Pre-sale to check the demand about your token and to give the more interest in your project, and a lot of the team already offered the high bonus in pre-sale. the ico just the real crowdsale that aimed high result for the crowdfunding. The pre-sale just to teach everyone about the ico or just the way to advertise the ico.

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
subG

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 02:17:06 AM

A presale usually has a higher bonus than the ICO.  The project is just trying to get some traffic through the door before they launch the ICO.  They may also need the funds to use for marketing and for the beta version of the project.  Presales are usually very short and sell out pretty quick depending on the project. 
Herdirfauzi

Activity: 574

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 02:23:14 AM

Maybe with pre-ico a project will generate a lot of investors, where every pre-ico will give you an extra or equivalent promo, it's all for the sake of success. then the pre-ico. different with the token price when ico is launched.

niall51

Activity: 533

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 02:26:12 AM

that is are same for porpuse sell of coins. usually for pre-ico is have big offer / bonus than ICO held. possibly you will a be guess star of investment.

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
V1saya

Activity: 1050
Merit: 508

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 02:48:33 AM

Presale is still considered an ICO, that is why it is sometimes referred to as pre-ICO. It is for the early investors that are really supporting the project big time. The bonus is bigger of course for the early birds.  I would prefer the ICO proper so that I could use the data of the project's pre-ICO, whether it is a sold out or not, as a basis for my decision.
SiverSurfer

Activity: 149
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 03:00:23 AM

Presale is still considered an ICO, that is why it is sometimes referred to as pre-ICO. It is for the early investors that are really supporting the project big time. The bonus is bigger of course for the early birds.  I would prefer the ICO proper so that I could use the data of the project's pre-ICO, whether it is a sold out or not, as a basis for my decision.

In pre sales do people just promise how much they plan to commit during an ico or they already bought it during the pre ico by sending their bitcoins to the address?
craZyLovE0916

Activity: 588

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 03:53:21 AM

Someone said presale is an ICO. No, it is not. A presale is comparable to an alpha or beta launch of a product/service. An ICO is the official launch of the fully functional product.
herurist

Activity: 1680
Merit: 259

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 03:59:37 AM

Hey folks,

Presale only about offer before the big sale, from presale a project will have some indicator to still continue project or stop. Presale have a high target, that's why they try to create audience ( community ) and market for their product. At this phase, development will give bonus for buying and also campaign to introducing their product. ICO is different, at this phase development will give you update information and keep audience ( members ) stay with them, the price product will follow presale result. Have a nice day.

██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████
████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄██
███████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀█████
████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████
██████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀█████████████████
████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
bit-freedom

Activity: 658
Merit: 256

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 04:07:24 AM

From what I see, presale always have minimum amount to invest (for example 10ETH) IMO, it is to attract investors who want to invest a higher amount and enjoy more bonus. This is a way to raise confidence level in ICO.
janggernaut
Legendary

Activity: 2366
Merit: 1130

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 04:17:13 AM

From what I see, presale always have minimum amount to invest (for example 10ETH) IMO, it is to attract investors who want to invest a higher amount and enjoy more bonus. This is a way to raise confidence level in ICO.
This is correct. Actually pre-sale is a big chance to get cheaper token than while ICO. But this required min amount to invest/buy, sometimes people who have bought during pre-sale will get other bonus, such trezor wallet (bitjob's offer).
SiverSurfer

Activity: 149
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 08:41:14 AM

What are some ICOs with super smart and successful presales?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: