Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:19:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 104 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Are you picky with ICOs?  (Read 13409 times)
naidray
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 10:26:52 AM

Are you picky with ICOs?
In my opinion picky with ICos
You have to be picky if you don't want to waste your money on a scam or a shitty project. We are seeing more and more ICOs everyday and most of them don't worth to invest in. If you wanna get in a good one you need to analyze the campaign very deeply and Only then invest your precious money to an ICO.
You should really do that wise move as an investor which we should really be picky and wont be careless on selecting on those ICO or buying coins because our money is at stake and we dont really like to lose even a single dollar.This is why we should do the things that a certain investor must do which is research and research until you do see already the indication that this is really worth to invest on.
It is really a wise move.
With the knowledge of so many scammers using the ICO to steal people's funds, then not being picky just certainly you have plenty of funds and cash to give out for free.
A normal and sensible investor should know that whatever they want to get into requires proper knowledge and understanding of not just the project but the company and the team as a whole.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Freyya08

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 10:39:27 AM

i think i can call myself slightly picky and extra careful when joining ICOs. Before i join an ICO, i make sure its legit and reliable so i do some research and check on some feedbacks on the said ICO. there are a couple of ICOsout there  that are scam so we must be vigilant in joining and investing in any ICOs.

maxll
Legendary

Activity: 1011
Merit: 1006

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 11:25:55 AM

i think i can call myself slightly picky and extra careful when joining ICOs. Before i join an ICO, i make sure its legit and reliable so i do some research and check on some feedbacks on the said ICO. there are a couple of ICOsout there  that are scam so we must be vigilant in joining and investing in any ICOs.

a couple? you are being kind. Smiley

I'd say 90% of them would function only in theory, they dont have scalability in mind, no decent math providing their theories and sometimes I saw ICOs without a single experienced blockchain dev in the team. Cheesy
Panda Trump

Activity: 588
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2017, 11:30:30 AM

Any good investor who wants to make as much money as possible through ICOs is picky. Why? Because many ICOs are either scams or will probably fail. There are many that can actually multiply your initial investment by 1000 and only a few that make you lose all your money, but instead of investing in 10 ICOs in which 9 fail and 1 has an ROI of 100,000%, you're better off investing it all in 1 that has an ROI of 20,000%. (Assuming that you invest equal amounts in each.)

Therefore, I am picky and I believe that anyone who doesn't want luck to rule his/her/its life, should be picky with picking ICOs.

Regards,
Trump

Guddini

Activity: 336
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2017, 11:33:23 AM

Are you picky with ICOs?

If I participate as an investor, of course, yes, because at the risk of money it is necessary to clearly understand in which company you are taking part, study the company from management, ending with the very idea of the project and how it will be in demand

DCCDistributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
bubble pop

Activity: 265

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 11:33:47 AM

Are you picky with ICOs?

Yes of course im super duper picky when it becomes to ICOs especially if I'm going to invest in them. Because if you do not check it deeply you might get scam and no one of us  tp be a victim of a scam so we all need to be picky when choosing the right ICOs we are investing in.  We need to check their whitepaper that is the most important thing, if they do not have that, oh men that is absolutely a scam. And the second thing that I'm looking for is those people behind that project, on how reliable they are maybe they are just random people that are trolling around the internet. And lastly they should always make updates from whats happening to their project.
etter

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 11:40:29 AM

I have become so picky that I don't invest in them as of right now. I prefer to see how a project does on the later stages and on the market. Yes, it is more expensive to buy that way, but more safe in my opinion. Many projects now are just ideas with nothing substantial, so it's always a good idea to look for those that have something done rather than those simply pitching it to you.
dx_twisted

Activity: 294
Merit: 114

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 11:47:13 AM

To be honest, when there is a free airdrop or a good bounty I just grab or join them all. After all, they are all free and whose not to love free coins, right?

But, if it comes on investing in an ICO, not only you should be picky, you should be careful and study upon joining one. This is the money you are using and investing to ICO's comes with such great risk. As you may well know, some tokens or coins succeed and others are not. Some may say majority of ICO nowadays are scam as this kind of business make dev teams get easy money in no time. Some are not, depends on the dev teams plan. Again, the only basic rules for this is that when it is free, just grab them as much as you can. If you'll invest money on it then thats the time you should be picky or careful.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

Activity: 1358
Merit: 834

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 12:07:44 PM

a couple? you are being kind. Smiley

I'd say 90% of them would function only in theory, they dont have scalability in mind, no decent math providing their theories and sometimes I saw ICOs without a single experienced blockchain dev in the team. Cheesy
Don't you mean 10% of them would function in theory? And 10% of the 10% would actually make it in the long run? Tongue
btcbringer

Activity: 252

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 12:10:43 PM

To be honest, when there is a free airdrop or a good bounty I just grab or join them all. After all, they are all free and whose not to love free coins, right?

But, if it comes on investing in an ICO, not only you should be picky, you should be careful and study upon joining one. This is the money you are using and investing to ICO's comes with such great risk. As you may well know, some tokens or coins succeed and others are not. Some may say majority of ICO nowadays are scam as this kind of business make dev teams get easy money in no time. Some are not, depends on the dev teams plan. Again, the only basic rules for this is that when it is free, just grab them as much as you can. If you'll invest money on it then thats the time you should be picky or careful.
totally agree with you, we must be responsible for our own money, all of us know that making money is not easy, if you are not picky with your money, even god can not save you
saymynem

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 01:11:39 PM

Investing in ICO's is just like any other investment. You need to do your research.

These are the qualities i look for before investing into an ICO:-

- Strong team - Both in development team and also the CEO's / marketing (People focus too much on the developers which is important but not everything. no point having a great team to create something, if nobody can advertise it and push the startup in the right direction.)
- Realistic vision - not aiming too high or if they do not reach their target everyone who invested will be disappointed
- Solid whitepaper - Well thought out, shows realistic goals, a strong good vision and a plan of action
- Strong social media presence - A social media that shows they are connected with everyone
- Good customer support - Shows they care, and they have invested time and money into making sure the average investor can ask questions
- Good website - A business who is willing to throw time and effort into a good website are less likely to be a scam
- finite supply - ICO's with no cap can be dangerous and can simply just damage their own coin by releasing more for more investment.
-Market they are getting involved with - Is this a new market? or a dying one? who controls the market?

I'm interested to see what other people's rules of thumb look like.  I would add that a working demo is a must.  How can you possibly consider investing in a product if you don't actually know if that product exists?  Quite baffling.  For example, several ad-tech companies ICO'ed with shoddy white papers and no demo and raised upwards of $50 million!  Crazy!  On the other hand, there's ones like Qchain that seem more solid and actually have a working demo and, though their ICO just started, are only seeking to raise a fraction of that amount.  It's just interesting to see when such obvious observable factors seem to be ignored by the market.

coynedterm

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 01:48:14 PM

Are you picky with ICOs?
Yes , I fond ICOs project , here the main basic reason behind this thing is that I always made profit in the ICOs investment overall .
Since in many of the ICOs got lost money but still overall made profit by investment in another coins ICOs .
Here currently lots of ICOs are coming and going but out of them few are more better to make investment and make lots of profit , but here now I am making myself more experienced person in this field , Because now in these days I needed to see the ICOs project from every angle so that I can understand well the project and also to understand well that how much the project is legit or not .
So here it always remains for me a very interesting thing for me to have investment in the ICOs project.

▄▄█████▄▄
         ▄▄███████████▄▄
      ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
   ▄▄███████████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▀██▀       ▀▀████████
███████  ▄████  ███████▄  ███████
███████ █████  ██████████ ███████
███████ ██████████  █████ ███████
███████  ▀███████  ███▀   ███████
████████▄▄        ██   ▄▄████████
 ▀█████████████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████████████▀▀
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
         ▀▀███████████▀▀
            ▀▀█████▀▀

.THRIVING CRYPTOCURRENCY..
.MARKET WITH CRYPTOBONDS..

▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

INITIAL COIN OFFERING
SEPTEMBER 30

██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
██████
         ▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄████████████████▄
   ▄███▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀███████▄
  █████ ███████ █▄▀███████
 ██████ ███████ ███▄▀██████
▐██████ ███████▄▄▄▄▄▄ █████▌
▐██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████▌
▐██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████▌
 ██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████
  █████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ ████
   ▀███▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄██▀
     ▀████████████████▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀

...READ THE....
.WHITEPAPER.

▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄████████████████▄
   ▄████████████████████▄
  ███████████████▀▀  █████
 ████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
 ████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
  ████████████████▄▄██████
   ▀████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀
TWITTER
FACEBOOK
MEDIUM
REDDIT
GITHUB
SLACK
maxll
Legendary

Activity: 1011
Merit: 1006

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 03:28:44 PM

People nowdays expect 100x growth within a month, and if it doesnt happen - the project is labeled as a fail,
which is completely wrong. Development takes time and patience, I invested in some project which were 1 cent and grew to a few $,
but over the course of 2-3 YEARS, not months, let alone weeks.

Investors should be aware of that.
Antivoid

Activity: 280

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 03:34:10 PM

picky with money is a good habit, we should be careful with our money, especially with cryptos and the ico, hence most of project just aimed at raising money which will lead to a high risk to our investment
Gangy

Activity: 225

Presale is live!

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 03:37:43 PM

If someone isn’t pick with ICOs he is either too rich to care or have no idea how ICOs work. There are hundreds of ICOs out there and most of them won’t reach it’s goals so being picky is a must.

BTCMILLIONAIRE

Activity: 1358
Merit: 834

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 03:49:53 PM

People nowdays expect 100x growth within a month, and if it doesnt happen - the project is labeled as a fail,
which is completely wrong. Development takes time and patience, I invested in some project which were 1 cent and grew to a few $,
but over the course of 2-3 YEARS, not months, let alone weeks.

Investors should be aware of that.
And even that is some insane growth. The stock market only averages 6 to 12% per year, and the best traders and investors barely crack 20%.
chelle5

Activity: 238

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 03:52:51 PM

Yes i am picky when it comes to ICO's.Read first about their campaign.And I also see to it if it is not a scam or would i earn or not.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      JINBI      │       T H E   G O L D E N   I C O     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████                     JOIN ICO  -  21st  J U N E                     ████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Reddit           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PokerFace3

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 06:49:52 AM

if iwe're you you must be very pick and if you believe on a certain project and if you notice any problem you should give them advice or post it to their thread to notify it there is a lot of good project but every good project is going bad becuase of the bad website or uncoordinated marketing strategy and if they can manage it it will become a good project and the ICO will be succesful
Not being picky is more like you just gambling your way into investing in a coin and hoping it does not end up being a scam which I see as bullshit and an act of laziness for every investor. If you aren't picky, which means you decided not to do enough research, then obviously such a person should not even consider themselves as an investor in the first place.
jlanzago

Activity: 266

Cryptomooniac - to the moon and beyond...

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2017, 06:52:11 AM

Yes of course I am picky. I think everyone investing in ICOs should do their own due dilligence and only invest their hard earned money in the most promising projects: best ideas, great teams and advisors, evaluate utility of the token and blockchain adequacy, among many other variables. However so many people invest based on "recommendations" or "spreadsheets" to flip trying to make a quick profit. Well, that sail shipped already. It is not that easy now and even good projects may fall below ICO price as soon as they start trading.
munareal

Activity: 644
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 07:09:41 AM

Yes am very picky with ICOs and everybody should. There are a lot of scams ICOs one has to be very careful.With over 1000 coins in the market  a new ICO should be investigated before investing else you will end up with shitcoin. There is no guarantee that a new coin will do well so you have to do your research.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 104 »
  Print  

Jump to: