Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 07:26:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What to do with Airdropped Coins  (Read 2019 times)
Kupid002

Activity: 1036
Merit: 329

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 06:01:01 AM

I think you hold AIR DROPPED coins and hope that they show growth. You have nothing to loose if the altcoin does not become popular but you will gain a lot of profit once the coin becomes popular. HOLDING the coin is the only way if you want to earn high returns. 🙏
be thankful for it that youve just receive a free coin then holding it has nothing to loose and just believe that this coin will be having a potential and as soon this could be belong for some popular coin. just what happen way back in a past for some that receive free coin then now they are millionare because they hold it then this coin having a potential for the past few years.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
██████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
.Defi for You.
defi.com.vn

Learn how to become your own bank and
implement a private investment strategy

▄▄                    ▄▄
█      Pawn | Sell     
           Services
      Buy   | Rent
     █
  ▀▀                    ▀▀

niisarearning

Activity: 910
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 07:19:02 AM

Initially i was selling immediately and some of the coins got raised like 100X after i sold so now i am holding most of the coins some i sell something lets say 20% of the coin got from airdrop i will sell rest i keep it . I dont know how long i have to keep .
Jibit

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 09:27:26 AM

It's free coin so even price fall down to 0 you still dont lost anything. so I think we should keep hold airdrop coin
IamAltcoinfan

Activity: 476
Merit: 103

homt.net

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 09:30:26 AM

I will see the potentiality of the coin which I received from the airdrop. I will check team and purpose of the coin and solution and also I will check exchanges if it is etherdelta or marcotax I don’t trade once it reach atleast hitbtc or coinexchange I will cash out.

► HOMT ◄ ♦ World’s First Crypto Based Students Rental Platform ♦ ► HOMT ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Facebook|LinkedIn
chocolah29

Activity: 588
Merit: 128

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 09:50:12 AM

most of the airdrops are too small to even dump Cheesy
you have to try to dump them though, because it will just lose its value.

there are exceptions where they gain real value for a short time but it is risky to hold them for long.

Yes but I think ethd is making news now in airdrop world. As i can see it the value is increasing everyday that's why I'm disappointed with myself as I sold it as soon as I got it. Maybe I'm just thinking that over time it might lose its value. But what's done is done and I'm thankful that I received ethd and make some money.

So OP it's all up to you to decide whether you trust and hold or you dump it.

SUBSCRIBE NOW
tegalrejo

Activity: 392

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 04:06:04 PM

I will hold the coin for a while, waiting until the coins have a high value, then sell it
The_Dark_Knight

Activity: 840
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 10:09:54 PM

Like others have said - depends on the coin/token.

If I like what I see as far as the Dev's and the community - I'll hold. That's currently what I'm doing with DeepOnion and Minereum.

If it's just a freebie that doesn't look like it's going much of anywhere I'll try to time my exit to make a little bit of extra btc.

Can't say I've always made the right choices on that though, but I always remember that I got it for free and try not to beat myself up too much if I make a mistake.
The issue with airdropped coins is that people treat them as if those are play coins, but even if the value of that coin is small, those coins have value and we must treat it as such and try to take the best decision possible, I know it can be hard and we are happy with our luck in getting those free coins but we still need to make our best efforts to get as much bitcoin from those coins.
sekalitas

Activity: 700
Merit: 252

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 04:01:23 AM

OmiseGo (OMG) started their Airdrop campaign for ETH holders. 

I'm curious to know what do you think about these type of campaigns.

Are you immediately selling these tokens?

Are you likely to buy more?

Are you holding for future gains?

yes I will immediately sell it, because usually for coins obtained with airdrop, the price is not stable. but if the project of the coin is unique and interesting then I will save it  Grin

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
The_Dark_Knight

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 09:08:22 PM

It's free coin so even price fall down to 0 you still dont lost anything. so I think we should keep hold airdrop coin
This is not necessarily true, if it is a hard fork like the one we saw with bitcoin cash then there is a big chance that the existence of such a coin affect the price of the original to the point that it reduces its value significantly and this effect can be even more marked if the community thinks the new hard forked coin is a better version than the original, something that did not happened with the bitcoin cash fork since bitcoin is way better than that altcoin.
flowdon

Activity: 340
Merit: 11

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 12:34:44 AM

we should keep from airdrop coins and wait when get listed on the better exchanges and then sell it the price whatever you want. easy and free money

Karen23

Activity: 189

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 02:02:08 AM

I can sell a portion of it like 20% and see if the coin really has potential then I can hold it for sometime.

___ dock.io _______Decentralized professional data exchange powered by Ethereum_______
WHITEPAPER     █ █ █ █     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     TELEGRAM     █ █ █ █     ANN THREAD
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ● ⚫ ●  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
omnik

Activity: 569
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 02:22:38 AM

we should keep from airdrop coins and wait when get listed on the better exchanges and then sell it the price whatever you want. easy and free money
But that will take a lot of the time, because there will only one or two good airdrop and that can be listed on the excahnge site just like ebtc in etherdelta such a good airdrop in my opinion.
A lot of them alreayd ended with crap.
ngocbkcse

Activity: 562
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 02:39:46 AM

But that will take a lot of the time, because there will only one or two good airdrop and that can be listed on the excahnge site just like ebtc in etherdelta such a good airdrop in my opinion.
It is true that only one or two good airdrop. Almost airdrop coins have nothing going on for them except dream, without that, they are absolutely dead. And a dump is highly possible and bring down the price of the coin.
innoachukwu

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 01:44:17 PM

I hodl them. It's free so no regrets if it crashes.
The_Dark_Knight

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 06:16:24 PM

It is true that only one or two good airdrop. Almost airdrop coins have nothing going on for them except dream, without that, they are absolutely dead. And a dump is highly possible and bring down the price of the coin.
While many airdropped coins do not offer much in the long term, so you can make some good money by investing in the original coin, then you will get a lot of airdropped coins and then you can sell these coins for a profit, there are people that only do that in the forum and they claim that they are making a good amount of money by following that simple strategy.
Vivimubarak

Activity: 378

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 06:40:06 PM

before i make a decision i will read project from coin, if the project is  good i will hold, if not then i will  immediately to sell it
Intensity

Activity: 178

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 07:11:50 PM

It depends on the project and how much effort is put into it. Quality of the post/thread for the ANN, professional looking website, the posters previous threads/post. If the project looks good, I would gladly buy a few coins to see how the development goes. Overall, I hold for a few weeks and see how the market is going. If I do sell, I sell a very small amount. You never know what coin will be the next big thing.
btcholder

Activity: 686
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 07:51:42 PM

It a free coin. If you think that coin have a good future then holding is best option. If you think it'll be shit coin soon then sell as soon as possible. All dissition after you.

samy_voc

Activity: 154

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 07:53:11 PM

Not all airdropped coins are listed in the market.  we need to first check if the airdropped coin/token made to the exchange for trading.
rainbow169

Activity: 252

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 09:02:23 PM

I will just forget about it and come back to it if any of it actually listed or worth any money. Airdrop is free anyway, if it worth something then great, if not, no big deal. Don't bet on getting rich with airdrops!
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: