Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 05:20:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why you shouldn't buy from BAIKAL - JUST DON'T  (Read 3788 times)
daveolake

Activity: 415
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 05:51:07 AM

Tai_Pan almost word for word same experience I have with trying to order..... but may be a good thing because I saw that someone mentioned that there could be some power problems with them as they can top out at 800 watt and only have 3 pci-e connectors to power 3 boards.. that's a lot of juice on those lines... not sure how safe that would be?
bigassboy

Activity: 373
Merit: 254

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 06:14:47 AM

Tai_Pan almost word for word same experience I have with trying to order..... but may be a good thing because I saw that someone mentioned that there could be some power problems with them as they can top out at 800 watt and only have 3 pci-e connectors to power 3 boards.. that's a lot of juice on those lines... not sure how safe that would be?
As for the power issues, I think Baikal would have figured it out before delivering. 2 in 1 pci-e cables to share the load, perhaps?
chup

Activity: 736
Merit: 262

Me, Myself & I

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 06:21:41 AM

Did you paid with wire or crypto? If wire was it what were the exact details of their bank?
EDIT: sorry I saw now that you paid in BTC.
well, see? they said I can't pay in crypto, only wire, so.......does that prove even more my point?

If You would like to take a chance when it appears, for taking good offer on ASIC equipment, You should have BTC ready all the time. I even maximized transfer expenses for that transaction to faster go trough.
And yes, announcement for this batch was for crypto and wire payment at the beginning. I was emailed that I have 2 hours to make BTC transaction. They had my BTC on their disposal in less than an hour. Couple of hours after my payment, BTC started to dive, therefore they gave up of crypto payments.
I'm not saying that their service is good, but if You like to success in something, You should adopt to the (bad) conditions.

chup

Activity: 736
Merit: 262

Me, Myself & I

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 06:28:43 AM

As for the power issues, I think Baikal would have figured it out before delivering. 2 in 1 pci-e cables to share the load, perhaps?

I don't expect cables from PSU to be the problem (PSUs likely to have two 8-pin pci-e connectors on same cable). I expect 6-pin connectors (baikalminer tweet specifies 3 x 6-pin) to burn-out under load. Soldering the pci-e cables to the board would be good prevention if one would like to mine X11 at the beginning.

MFahad

Activity: 2464
Merit: 644

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2017, 07:06:46 AM

I wasn't aware any what use that tiny little site. It's a very small sight with a very isolated group of people that touched it first place. That we were told in the beginning about this scam and anyone that touched it after that pretty much deserves to lose their money. I just wonder why dont people listen to other people advice and keep on investing in scam.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Tai_Pan (OP)

Activity: 359
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 07:39:59 AM

Did you paid with wire or crypto? If wire was it what were the exact details of their bank?
EDIT: sorry I saw now that you paid in BTC.
well, see? they said I can't pay in crypto, only wire, so.......does that prove even more my point?

If You would like to take a chance when it appears, for taking good offer on ASIC equipment, You should have BTC ready all the time. I even maximized transfer expenses for that transaction to faster go trough.
And yes, announcement for this batch was for crypto and wire payment at the beginning. I was emailed that I have 2 hours to make BTC transaction. They had my BTC on their disposal in less than an hour. Couple of hours after my payment, BTC started to dive, therefore they gave up of crypto payments.
I'm not saying that their service is good, but if You like to success in something, You should adopt to the (bad) conditions.

I had crypto & fiat to cover the expenses but as I told you I was denied crypto from the start.

I wasn't aware any what use that tiny little site. It's a very small sight with a very isolated group of people that touched it first place. That we were told in the beginning about this scam and anyone that touched it after that pretty much deserves to lose their money. I just wonder why dont people listen to other people advice and keep on investing in scam.

I don't qute understand.Can you please rephrase a bit?Thanks

Tai_Pan (OP)

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 07:43:17 AM
Last edit: September 16, 2017, 09:00:24 AM by Tai_Pan

It shouldn't be a problem at all if you use a 1000 or beter a 1200w PSU with 6+2 pci-e cables.
And some extra cooling ( air conditioning or just medium size computer fans ).

The x10 model has 1 intake fan but no exhaust as I've seen from the pictures and no holes either in the metal enclosure.
That could be the real problem but it can be fixed by adding extra vents for exhaust.

stefanocs2

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 09:16:56 PM

Hi guys. I'm an Italian guy who tried to buy from baikal. I also had the author of the post, the info to make the bank transfer. Although I paid with transferwise that is extremely fast, they do not show up because there is no proof of payment. But if you have the money on your bill what proof you want !!!! ??
P.s. Never respond to my messages !!!!
AcesWild

Activity: 4

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 12:34:39 AM

Baikal has many faults all around. Simply put, these are some of the many issues they have, and a few fixes they could implement to better serve their customers. If you don't want to read all of them, at least check out #4, as it's pretty messed up from my findings.

1. They request users to email them to make a purchase, which leads to too many confirmed orders compared to stock. Firstly they need to address the order process, and add an online 'store' to complete and confirm your order (reservation - pending payment), on a first come, first serve basis. Then provide the customer with a set amount of time (24 hours) to complete the payment and upload photos/screenshots of the completion to their order. If no photos/screenshots are uploaded with the specified time, the unit(s) is automatically put back into stock online immediately. If a staff checks the photos/screenshots and they are not valid, then the staff manually cancels the order, and the unit(s) is added back into stock online. This should help create a set of rules for everyone to follow, and will be fair to all customers.

2. Their announcing/releasing of products is horrendous at the moment. Announcing a product via Twitter, but having nothing on your website to back it up is just bad organization. First organize and announce everything on your website, quickly followed by Twitter, Facebook, and social media accounts as soon as you can afterward. This provides the users with all the information on the website, and at least links to more information on Twitter and Facebook. This should also result in less questions for their staff to deal with, since all necessary information should be available on the website.

3. Their announcement to Sale time and date should never be immediate. This should never ever happen. Period. What if Apple said during its iPhone announcement, "You can get them in stores right after I push this button". Everyone in the audience would be pretty upset they can't rush to an Apple Store to buy one for several hours, whom are potentially their most loyal shareholders and customers. Anyways, a specific date and time should be set, allowing at least 24 hours for customers to find the announcement, and prepare for the sale. This would at least provide customers all around the world with the same opportunity, and not just the specific time zone that's awake during the instant announcement and launch. Also, pending the transaction type, Saturday and Sunday may not be the best if requesting a bank transfer, as a lot of banks are closed on weekends. However if via coins, then any day should be fine.

4. Provide at least a similar amount of stock to customers directly, as to the supposed "contact resellers". If Baikal can't provide a similar amount of stock to its customers as they do to their mass resellers, then they need to fulfill these contracts prior to a product announcement. Therefore the customers won't even know thousands of units have gone to these resellers, while Baikal only has a couple hundred available.
Example - From the announcement on Sept. 12th, Baikal stated they only had 100 units available for preorder in October, and before they even uploaded anything on their website, all 100 units sold out. This was very clear from their website, and the several emails everyone received stating they are sold out. However, after the first sale was stated as Sold Out, Asic Miner Market online stated they had several units available (The most I saw was 20 units at the time, and for $2550/unit). This amount quickly Sold Out within a day. Then, when I check again 2 days ago, the supply had been replenished, and another 100 units were available from Asic Miner Market, under the October Presale availability as well ($2450/unit this time). I'm assuming the first batch was also possibly 100, but let's play dumb and say it was only 20 units. Adding the 100 units for their second batch, that's still 120 units from Asic Miner Market, and only 100 units sold from Baikal.
I thought it would end here;  however, I watch the amount decrease to 78 units over a day, before rechecking today with a huge surprise of now seeing 149 units available for shipment in October as well. Adding all of these together, we get a minimum of 191 units for sale between $2450-$2550 (Over double the price compared to Baikal) from a reseller, and still only 100 units from the actual company Baikal! (Of course it was more the 191 units via AMM, but we're going with minimums I can confirm)
Overall, I understand this is just business, and these partnerships need to exist for certain companies, but that's also a ridiculous amount of products being sold and shipped just for resellers to mark up and make more of a profit than the actual company. Baikal needs to step it up with their direct sales to consumers, to increase their popularity and image. One can assume they do this because it's an easy and instant sale, with no hassle, bulk shipping likely within the same city, and minimal effort involved. Let alone no one else has any X11 miners available in stock anyways, so they are trying to get as many sales at double the price because there's nothing else to even buy. If Baikal would sell these units direct to customers, in a proper first come, first serve order, I guarantee they would surpass almost every other ASIC manufacturer on the market for popularity.

If someone from Baikal is even reading this, hit me up if you guys want a hand working on your customer service and image. I could help you guys change the market for ASIC producers.
bitcoinexplorer

Activity: 420
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 01:19:30 AM

personally i don't have experience with Baikal, but when i contact them do usually do respond within 24 hours. If its true what you said then they should compensate you by giving opportunity to order the miners you deserved.

I do have experience with iBeLink who disappointed me when they violated their own T&C and when i pointed them out they started running away even after admitting that they did violation with justification 'i did it , but i am exempt from law'
pikachuy

Activity: 544

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 01:44:08 AM

Even with the 2 in 1, it still ends up to 1 PCIe connection that is receiving 266+ watts to a board. Even if you have a 3 in 1 or 4 in 1 PCIe connection, it's still just 1 PCIe jack that is taking all the power. That is the concern that I see. Lets say for example you use a 3 in 1 PCie cable so there will be no fault to the wires at all since there will be minimal resistance. Would that PCIe jack fail instead? I know wires/gauges are rated for a certain amount of amps/watts, just not sure what those PCIe jacks are rated for.
bitcoinexplorer

Activity: 420
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 01:46:00 AM

Even with the 2 in 1, it still ends up to 1 PCIe connection that is receiving 266+ watts to a board. Even if you have a 3 in 1 or 4 in 1 PCIe connection, it's still just 1 PCIe jack that is taking all the power. That is the concern that I see. Lets say for example you use a 3 in 1 PCie cable so there will be no fault to the wires at all since there will be minimal resistance. Would that PCIe jack fail instead? I know wires/gauges are rated for a certain amount of amps/watts, just not sure what those PCIe jacks are rated for.

Why not email baikal and seek their clarification on this issue?
Tai_Pan (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 08:09:11 AM

Baikal has many faults all around. Simply put, these are some of the many issues they have, and a few fixes they could implement to better serve their customers. If you don't want to read all of them, at least check out #4, as it's pretty messed up from my findings.

1. They request users to email them to make a purchase, which leads to too many confirmed orders compared to stock. Firstly they need to address the order process, and add an online 'store' to complete and confirm your order (reservation - pending payment), on a first come, first serve basis. Then provide the customer with a set amount of time (24 hours) to complete the payment and upload photos/screenshots of the completion to their order. If no photos/screenshots are uploaded with the specified time, the unit(s) is automatically put back into stock online immediately. If a staff checks the photos/screenshots and they are not valid, then the staff manually cancels the order, and the unit(s) is added back into stock online. This should help create a set of rules for everyone to follow, and will be fair to all customers.

2. Their announcing/releasing of products is horrendous at the moment. Announcing a product via Twitter, but having nothing on your website to back it up is just bad organization. First organize and announce everything on your website, quickly followed by Twitter, Facebook, and social media accounts as soon as you can afterward. This provides the users with all the information on the website, and at least links to more information on Twitter and Facebook. This should also result in less questions for their staff to deal with, since all necessary information should be available on the website.

3. Their announcement to Sale time and date should never be immediate. This should never ever happen. Period. What if Apple said during its iPhone announcement, "You can get them in stores right after I push this button". Everyone in the audience would be pretty upset they can't rush to an Apple Store to buy one for several hours, whom are potentially their most loyal shareholders and customers. Anyways, a specific date and time should be set, allowing at least 24 hours for customers to find the announcement, and prepare for the sale. This would at least provide customers all around the world with the same opportunity, and not just the specific time zone that's awake during the instant announcement and launch. Also, pending the transaction type, Saturday and Sunday may not be the best if requesting a bank transfer, as a lot of banks are closed on weekends. However if via coins, then any day should be fine.

4. Provide at least a similar amount of stock to customers directly, as to the supposed "contact resellers". If Baikal can't provide a similar amount of stock to its customers as they do to their mass resellers, then they need to fulfill these contracts prior to a product announcement. Therefore the customers won't even know thousands of units have gone to these resellers, while Baikal only has a couple hundred available.
Example - From the announcement on Sept. 12th, Baikal stated they only had 100 units available for preorder in October, and before they even uploaded anything on their website, all 100 units sold out. This was very clear from their website, and the several emails everyone received stating they are sold out. However, after the first sale was stated as Sold Out, Asic Miner Market online stated they had several units available (The most I saw was 20 units at the time, and for $2550/unit). This amount quickly Sold Out within a day. Then, when I check again 2 days ago, the supply had been replenished, and another 100 units were available from Asic Miner Market, under the October Presale availability as well ($2450/unit this time). I'm assuming the first batch was also possibly 100, but let's play dumb and say it was only 20 units. Adding the 100 units for their second batch, that's still 120 units from Asic Miner Market, and only 100 units sold from Baikal.
I thought it would end here;  however, I watch the amount decrease to 78 units over a day, before rechecking today with a huge surprise of now seeing 149 units available for shipment in October as well. Adding all of these together, we get a minimum of 191 units for sale between $2450-$2550 (Over double the price compared to Baikal) from a reseller, and still only 100 units from the actual company Baikal! (Of course it was more the 191 units via AMM, but we're going with minimums I can confirm)
Overall, I understand this is just business, and these partnerships need to exist for certain companies, but that's also a ridiculous amount of products being sold and shipped just for resellers to mark up and make more of a profit than the actual company. Baikal needs to step it up with their direct sales to consumers, to increase their popularity and image. One can assume they do this because it's an easy and instant sale, with no hassle, bulk shipping likely within the same city, and minimal effort involved. Let alone no one else has any X11 miners available in stock anyways, so they are trying to get as many sales at double the price because there's nothing else to even buy. If Baikal would sell these units direct to customers, in a proper first come, first serve order, I guarantee they would surpass almost every other ASIC manufacturer on the market for popularity.

If someone from Baikal is even reading this, hit me up if you guys want a hand working on your customer service and image. I could help you guys change the market for ASIC producers.

I do agree with you 110%.
However I need to comment 1 littel thing on your number 4:
Asic miner market is considered to be very fishy and maybe even a total scammer so I wouldn't take for granted the number they post as stock and I don't really know if they'll have the miner at all.

Well I know what you are saying but I never heard a baikal miner to melt the pci-e connector .The only one I've heard about doing that was a Panda miner.
But in the end it's just plastic so it's a risk / possibility.If you know a bit of wiring and circuits you could easily replace them yourself if it happens.

Why not email baikal and seek their clarification on this issue?

Good one, really made me laugh  Grin Grin Grin. Yeah, email them and see when and if you get the totally off-topic answer.

stefanocs2

Activity: 10

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 12:27:53 PM

Ah to clarify, a friend of mine ordered and paid two days after me and he will have the first batch.
Tai_Pan (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 06:31:35 PM

Ah to clarify, a friend of mine ordered and paid two days after me and he will have the first batch.

Sadly that proves eben more what I've said in the first post.
A very shitty business practice with some very shitty tactics

lenart_o

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 08:20:25 PM

I think the problem is on other side and everyone know the true
first they have to do ROI and then they will sell
sad but true every company making mining equipment
start mining and they don't look on other people they make money 2 or 3 worth of
their miners before they sell you.
maybe it is selfish but this is sad true
remember KNC miners ? Remember Butterfly?
it's history of bitcoin mining .
now we have rat run on other crypto and it is the same like bitcoin few years ago.
I know every of that company said" we secure blockchain and bla bla bla"
No true is simple: "we want to earn a lot and then we sell you" to take a little piece of pie.
Where is decentralisation??
where is idea of crypto?
Just my 2 cents
Bulletdodger

Activity: 337

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 06:44:52 AM

guys, yesterday I got email from baikal@baikalminer.com and they are selling the giant miner,
they gave me a bank account details to pay in $.
https://i.imgur.com/e9aQxPh.png (I spoke with them on skype)

Their invoice bank account starts with 152...

I gave up because reading this topic to be honest.

_
Tai_Pan (OP)

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 07:11:54 AM

guys, yesterday I got email from baikal@baikalminer.com and they are selling the giant miner,
they gave me a bank account details to pay in $.
https://i.imgur.com/e9aQxPh.png (I spoke with them on skype)

Their invoice bank account starts with 152...

I gave up because reading this topic to be honest.

My dear co-forumist Smiley, this thread was not made to make users give up.
Its purpose is only to make you aware of the aberations you might go through.

linda94

Activity: 13

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 04:33:32 AM

IS THIS TRUE?
BECAUSE I JUST ORDER TWO BAIKAL X10 FROM THEM YESTERDAY.
EVERYTHING LOOKS GOOD SO FAR,THE TIME DIFFERENCE IS DISTURBING ME FOR A WHILE,BUT FINALLY THEY DO A GOOD JOB THIS TIME.
THEY LAUNCHED TWO ALGOS,SKEIN IS VERY SURPRICED ME,SO I MAKE THE ORDER DIRECTLY.
HOPING EVERYTHING IS GOING WELL.
BTW,THEY DO A GOOD JOB ON MINER
darkly spectre

Activity: 308
Merit: 107

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 06:08:27 PM

IS THIS TRUE?
BECAUSE I JUST ORDER TWO BAIKAL X10 FROM THEM YESTERDAY.
EVERYTHING LOOKS GOOD SO FAR,THE TIME DIFFERENCE IS DISTURBING ME FOR A WHILE,BUT FINALLY THEY DO A GOOD JOB THIS TIME.
THEY LAUNCHED TWO ALGOS,SKEIN IS VERY SURPRICED ME,SO I MAKE THE ORDER DIRECTLY.
HOPING EVERYTHING IS GOING WELL.
BTW,THEY DO A GOOD JOB ON MINER

Stop yelling.  Roll Eyes

I had no issues with baikal. ordered through e-mail. paid with bank transfer. send them the proof. a few days later they confirmed the payment arrived(though I forgot to add my name in description but I guess my name showed up as the originating account) and that they will contact me to reconfirm adress when they are ready to ship.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: