Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 08:27:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: WEX.nz  (Read 62179 times)
figmentofmyass
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 11:04:43 AM

well the 2FA from before isn't working and they've said I need to verify w/ passport to reset it, which then bans me i would guess.  was just hoping there was a way to withdraw the coins and then shutdown the account with support afterwards if a us citizen.

thanks for the link, will check it out. definitely sucks whats going on but nice to see btc gives no fucks

that sucks. this is one of the fears that drove me to take the refund before WEX launched, even though i knew i was likely giving away a lot of money. maybe you could try selling the account on the digital goods subforum ... maybe a non-US person would be willing to verify. but you'd have to take a big pay cut. Undecided

I learned years ago that 2FA is a critical point of failure, outsourcing your security to a 3rd. party by means of an authenticator app, I hate it with a passion.

2FA =/= outsourcing security to a third party. a TOTP token is generated by the service provider only once. after that, the codes can be generated by any number of authenticator apps. you can have multiple authenticator apps on each phone, tablet, etc, so you don't need to rely on any one third party. just like a private key, the user has access to the token.

the main problem here is that users don't take 2FA seriously. they quickly put the token on their main phone without backing it up anywhere, then they cry when they lose their phone. one should always have tokens backed up on multiple devices, and written down on a piece of paper as well.

erk (OP)

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 11:09:10 AM

the main problem here is that users don't take 2FA seriously. they quickly put the token on their main phone without backing it up anywhere, then they cry when they lose their phone. one should always have tokens backed up on multiple devices, and written down on a piece of paper as well.

There are lots more problems than that. What if someone gets access to your smartphone and the 2FA app? There is more smartphone malware and hacks coming out each day than desktop malware nowadays. Add to that exposed NSA and other government back doors. Smartphones would be the last place I would consider secure.

But on the topic of WEX, obviously the old BTC-e tokens don't work and they have had to setup 2FA again.

htp62

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 11:16:36 AM

maybe you could try selling the account on the digital goods subforum ... maybe a non-US person would be willing to verify. but you'd have to take a big pay cut. Undecided

if I submitted my first/last name to btc-e years ago when I made the account, will wex not have that? was assuming I couldn't do the above because of names needing to match?
marky89

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 11:20:14 AM

There are lots more problems than that. What if someone gets access to your smartphone and the 2FA app? There is more smartphone malware and hacks coming out each day than desktop malware nowadays. Add to that exposed NSA and other government back doors. Smartphones would be the last place I would consider secure.

It shouldn't matter if someone gets access to your smartphone and the 2FA app, since it's only one of two factors. Your password shouldn't be stored on your phone. For instance, if you trade from a mobile app while using the same phone for 2FA, arguably you don't have the security of 2FA because a thief might only need your phone to drain your accounts. The saying with 2FA is "something you know, something you have." Naturally, if you shift everything to "something you have" then you are insecure.

But on the topic of WEX, obviously the old BTC-e tokens don't work and they have had to setup 2FA again.

I never had an account on WEX but I checked my account on BTC-E.nz. They required my original 2FA in order to reset the token. Wasn't it the same for WEX? I thought they said they were transferring all the login data including 2FA.

maybe you could try selling the account on the digital goods subforum ... maybe a non-US person would be willing to verify. but you'd have to take a big pay cut. Undecided

if I submitted my first/last name to btc-e years ago when I made the account, will wex not have that? was assuming I couldn't do the above because of names needing to match?

Check the profile on your account. Does it list your name? They said before the launch that all identity data was destroyed (doesn't really make sense, but allows people who can't verify a chance to get out).

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
erk (OP)

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 07:34:59 PM

So why the sudden dump in all the crypto prices on WEX over the last few hours?

OMlite

Activity: 55

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 08:12:07 PM

I see the same dump on bitfinex (ltc) and bitstamp (btc).
am I missing something?
erk (OP)

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 08:16:04 PM

am I missing something?

I am talking about 12-18% across the board against USD.
OMlite

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 08:21:06 PM

am I missing something?

I am talking about 12-14% across the board against USD.

Global market is down 2-4%
wex was inflated 10% due to the low liquidity...
Maybe prices are simply re tracing to proper values.
It'd be a good sign though.
erk (OP)

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 09:45:52 PM

But what is the reason for the sudden price drop?

Surely the exchange must be manipulating the prices.
cooltobe

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 10:36:20 PM

has anyone encounter this message when logged in "Error: No permission"
and the inability to to do anything including logging out ??

OMlite

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 10:58:01 PM

But what is the reason for the sudden price drop?

No Idea, but I'm noticing that volumes are almost back at btc-e standard.
12.000 ltc, 600 btc in a single candle.
Past days btc candles were around 30 btc, and ltc rarely over 1000.

has anyone encounter this message when logged in "Error: No permission"
and the inability to to do anything including logging out ??

no, i'm logged right now

dekana

Activity: 21

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 05:39:20 AM

16+ hours and my ETH deposit still isn't credited.

Sad
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 08:00:26 AM

Of course it is ~ only an utter fool leaves his funds there and keeps trading like nothing has happened. It may very well be that this exchange is near empty, and thus generates volume to make it look active, while in reality it isnt.

The lower the debt token value drops, the sooner wex will be able to clear its debt, and thus become "completely free" to do what it want. People should get over wex and focus on other, far better exchange platforms.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
illyiller

Activity: 697
Merit: 520

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 09:09:42 AM

I would say there is a lot of manipulation going on in the past day by the exchange:

At the request of traders to normalize the trading volume we are blocking all the fiduciary withdrawals today at 18.00 till October 9th,2017
https://twitter.com/WEXnz/status/915243430669889536
Due to rate normalisation we have taken the decision to enable fiduciary withdrawals.
https://twitter.com/WEXnz/status/915486474929364993

Sad

Same thing happened to someone upthread. The deposit was eventually credited. Make a ticket on https://wex.kayako.com about the missing deposit and report back here if it doesn't show up...

Of course it is ~ only an utter fool leaves his funds there and keeps trading like nothing has happened. It may very well be that this exchange is near empty, and thus generates volume to make it look active, while in reality it isnt.

You might be surprised. I have some crypto friends in the CIS countries and though they are smart enough to steer clear of WEX, they say that many in the Russian and eastern European communities are still generally comfortable using them. WEX quickly became the highest volume CIS-facing exchange again. Then there is Exmo and not much else besides small, local exchanges.
OMlite

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 09:39:51 AM

At the request of traders to normalize the trading volume we are blocking all the fiduciary withdrawals today at 18.00 till October 9th,2017
https://twitter.com/WEXnz/status/915243430669889536
Due to rate normalisation we have taken the decision to enable fiduciary withdrawals.
https://twitter.com/WEXnz/status/915486474929364993
  Sad

what are fiduciary withdraws?

(also, my ltc withdraw last night went fine...)
zimbalem

Activity: 8

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 10:17:12 AM

Wex.nz has opened the verification account. Bυt they do not care about my problem. Do they intend to take my money?
erk (OP)

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 01:19:46 PM

It's good that WEX just added Zcash (ZEC)
great coin.
dekana

Activity: 21

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 04:13:28 PM

My ETH deposit still not credited ( More than 24 hours have now passed)

Opened a support ticked on https://wex.kayako.com yesterday.

No reply.

Hopefully at some point my deposit gets credited.

This has been my first transaction on WEX and this is what I'm experiencing so far. Everything was very smooth with btc-e.

I'm a little dissapointed.
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 08:23:11 AM

You might be surprised. I have some crypto friends in the CIS countries and though they are smart enough to steer clear of WEX, they say that many in the Russian and eastern European communities are still generally comfortable using them. WEX quickly became the highest volume CIS-facing exchange again. Then there is Exmo and not much else besides small, local exchanges.
I have indeed noticed that there is a hard core group of mainly Russian users that follow this exchange everywhere, which as you pointed out might be due to there not being any serious alternatives.

Exmo has been speculated to be affiliated with wex, but there is no solid proof to be found other than the obvious similarities. Looks like that market is definitely in need of some healthy competition to allow users to spread.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
cooltobe

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 08:27:51 AM

does the the verification portal work for you ? as when i'm in the page https://wex.nz/verify i get an error :no permission .

any idea ? tried support and they keep telling me to verify.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: