Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 03:30:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: WEX.nz  (Read 62179 times)
Colorblind

Activity: 392
Merit: 41

This text is irrelevant

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 07:38:24 AM

I am a US citizen in the same situation with Wex. These guys have been completely unresponsive knowing I'm in the US. The BTC-E guys had a tough break with the FBI raid but these new guys in Singapore have flat out stolen my money. Account locked, no method to verify and no response to tickets.

If you deposited on BTC-E - FBI took your money.
If you deposited on WEX - you should have read TOS - it explicitly and clearly states that accounts from US citizens will be locked and seized without warning.

It's not like I'm endorsing that behavior, yet I see it's basis. I have strange habit of reading TOS on every service I intend to use.
lilacsforall

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 08:57:01 PM

I did not sign up for the Wex TOS. I signed up for the BTC- E TOS 4 years ago. And they were reliable.

Holding me accountable for the actions of the US FBI is ridiculous. Are all people in N Korea murderers just because their leader is?

Wex created the new TOS after I was trapped in the exchange( during shutdown). I would be more than happy to move my coins and close my account. As of right now they are stealing my money.
warfmup

Activity: 2

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 09:49:16 PM

Has anyone been able to verify their account recently without losing their money? I applied for verification a few days ago and only found out about these problems afterwards, and I'm really nervous now.
lightray

Activity: 17

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 12:18:31 AM

hi,

is it possible to get the old trade history from btc-e? or is it wiped away forever?
squatter
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1196

STOP SNITCHIN'

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 07:52:20 AM

Has anyone been able to verify their account recently without losing their money? I applied for verification a few days ago and only found out about these problems afterwards, and I'm really nervous now.

It's been a while since anyone has reported successful verification in the thread, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing. Usually if people aren't complaining, then their issues are being sorted out. Here's the last report I saw:

Got a response from support today, they added the BTC that I quoted as having gone missing to my account!

Hope this gives hope to all others who are waiting for missing BTC to reappear after verification.

I still don't have the BTCET that should have accompanied my BTC but will be asking for that too.

That said, I personally wouldn't verify with Wex. I don't trust them with my documents. There also isn't a real need, since you can trade crypto/fiat/debt tokens all without verification. Last I checked, the daily BTC withdrawal limit was 25 BTC without verification, which is more than enough for me.

is it possible to get the old trade history from btc-e? or is it wiped away forever?

It's gone. It was accessible when you logged into BTC-e.nz in September, but that site now redirects to Wex. Support will tell you they are different entities and they don't have the data.

adicembrino

Activity: 1

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 06:16:20 PM

any solutions for US citizens who have to verify their account....I stopped trading in my account in 2013...left the coins there and then when all the crap hit the fan and BTC started flying, I read about all the issues.  All I get from their support staff is "we are not servicing US customers".....open to any suggestions to verify my account and get whatever $$$$ is there.
lightray

Activity: 17

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 11:05:28 AM

It's gone. It was accessible when you logged into BTC-e.nz in September, but that site now redirects to Wex. Support will tell you they are different entities and they don't have the data.

ah, ok. Undecided
thanks for the info!
MWallet_team

Activity: 18

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2017, 03:58:25 PM

i keep getting error 502
The same thing. Sometimes interface loads ,but drops to error.
JoeMue

Activity: 48

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 04:14:36 PM

Same here. Just transferred 1 BTC two hours ago to WEX. I hope this is not BTC-e second chapter...
JoeMue

Activity: 48

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 04:15:48 PM

Their twitter says its a DDOS attack...
iVah1d

Activity: 41

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 06:21:24 PM

my transaction doesnt get any confirmation ... why they senting with low mining fees...
what can i do about it guys?

https://blockchain.info/tx/7c9053a2c99bbe4f24d8cd0c569a0d43071758f34fb39c6e8400e30bf1d33659
toreador

Activity: 22

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 01:55:37 PM

I'm very happy to have my deposited ETH back.

I made a transfer from Bitstamp to WEX.NZ (I like the simple UI ), but WEX didnt support smart contracts, so my ETH never showed. Asked for support (made a ticket on kayako via their website, made a post here and asked in their telegram app). Got response on this website and in the app, and finally as well in the ticket and its fixed.

Within 24 hours. So for me personally great support for a smaller issue.

Happy trading!

I'm having the same situation here.
So chance that I am hacked is getting a lot smaller. pfff
Also made a kayako ticket , but nobody is responding.
I'm gonna look for their telegram and will ask their also.
This is weired and I don't know any other exchange that works this way.
Deposit ETH is getting ETH , every other exchange I know and use.

Hopefully within 24 hours I can say this issue is solved,
and I 'm very pleased with support.

Grtz ,

toreador

Activity: 22

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 06:00:05 PM

I'm very happy to have my deposited ETH back.

I made a transfer from Bitstamp to WEX.NZ (I like the simple UI ), but WEX didnt support smart contracts, so my ETH never showed. Asked for support (made a ticket on kayako via their website, made a post here and asked in their telegram app). Got response on this website and in the app, and finally as well in the ticket and its fixed.

Within 24 hours. So for me personally great support for a smaller issue.

Happy trading!

I'm having the same situation here.
So chance that I am hacked is getting a lot smaller. pfff
Also made a kayako ticket , but nobody is responding.
I'm gonna look for their telegram and will ask their also.
This is weired and I don't know any other exchange that works this way.
Deposit ETH is getting ETH , every other exchange I know and use.

Hopefully within 24 hours I can say this issue is solved,
and I 'm very pleased with support.

Grtz ,

So far, nothing happens...
A response on the telegram channel but not the admin...
kayako helpdesk nothing ...
Admired

Activity: 20

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 11:02:04 AM

Can anyone verify if you have to go through verification to receive a 1:1 payout in the associated token when Wex has the necessary funds to do so?
rapidleech

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 12:25:04 PM

guys hows going on with WEX?
is it trusted? it need forced verification ?
przester28

Activity: 13

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 02:03:29 AM

how long does it take to withdraw fiats from Wex by ADcash . It is online or it must be done manually  and wait few days ?
erk (OP)

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 11:55:10 PM

WEX only needs verification for fiat withdrawals, to comply with AML/KYC which makes sense.

Unlike Bittrex which wont let me withdraw my tiny 1.2LTC without extended verification, even though I have done many withdrawals in the past.

Colorblind

This text is irrelevant

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 08:20:42 AM

Carefully read their TOS. It is well known that US citizens have massive issues with withdrawals funds from WEX. This exchange (despite shady history of it's inception from BTC-E ashes) is quite popular in Russia and some eastern Europe. There are tons of scam accusations but most of them coming from people caught in BTC-E crisis. WEX inherited BTC-E databases but not fiat accounts and currently trying to repay btc-e users using the model similar to what was used by Bitfinex (repay tokens was issued and allowed to be traded. WEX actively buying those tokens back using their funds and market price).

Regarding WEX legal status - it's operated by shell company registered in Singapore. It's main base of operation most likely located in Russia. The interface is sloppy but it works and I have not heard too much complaints about it (this is pretty much the same as it was on BTC-E, when I traded there a lot). AFAIK WEX is the only exchange that have system where you can transfer money from one exchange account to other (using wex code). Support is responsive.

truongdhnh

Activity: 870
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 08:41:50 AM

I'm still trading on WEX and everything is fine. It is one of the reliable exchange sites. I do not draw fiat directly so I do not understand about verification, I often use wex code.
Colorblind

This text is irrelevant

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 09:52:48 AM

I'm still trading on WEX and everything is fine. It is one of the reliable exchange sites. I do not draw fiat directly so I do not understand about verification, I often use wex code.

WEX code is a unique (doubtless it is also WEX most useful) feature on the market but it's also the one that raises most concerns, because what it does gives any law enforcement enough grounds to suspend exchange's operations. Practically WEX codes are means to launder money via exchange (you can transfer codes without any KYC between users). Those codes will be shut down at some point - that's for sure.

People in Russia often easily exchange WEX codes for cash in 1:1 proportions despite its being blatantly illegal.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: