Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 03:28:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: WEX.nz  (Read 62183 times)
florians

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 06:26:10 PM
Last edit: April 24, 2018, 06:34:25 PM by florians

Intresting case.

Ex-btc-e, WEX actually unlocked my account in 10 days !   Shocked

But here is the problem...

My balance is /4

And what more ? I have BCH in my account, wich is impossible as a locked ex-btce user right ?
There is no way i ever could buy BCH on btc-e/wex since it was launched in aug 2017

I'm trying to figure out with support. I have the virwox initial transaction screen from 2013.

My guess, because of the BCH, is that the balance is simply not mine. I know the virwox destination wallet, and everything is in here. So i hope they have access to the wallet.
witiger

Activity: 19

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 10:12:41 AM

WEX is SCAM!
WEX.nz stole all my money at this time. Beware of this scam service.
florians

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 10:42:16 AM
Last edit: April 24, 2018, 07:53:29 PM by florians

Just for fun, what do you think will happen to me ?

wex give back my full balance
wex become mute at this point
wex basicaly reply "sorry for your loss" with nonsense explanations/requests

personaly i have no idea realy 1/3 chance each

if it's a mismatch, obvisouly it can't be the other way around, like having x4 balance  Grin no, it's always a mismatch /x

that why i have a little problem.. if it's an error, why it's /4 and not x4 ? random ? yeah...
Dernoste

Activity: 646
Merit: 135

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 09:25:38 AM

Wex is one of the best exchange, never had problems.
since the transition btc-e wex they gave me almost all the money,
then with the tokens I almost doubled my btc!
I love wex!!
florians

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 10:02:51 AM

Wex is one of the best exchange, never had problems.
since the transition btc-e wex they gave me almost all the money,
then with the tokens I almost doubled my btc!
I love wex!!

Many people are happy with wex, other have complaints. Most often we don't hear good stories, so i post mine whatever happen.
Dernoste

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 11:10:36 PM

When did wex introduce bitcoin cash please ?

at the reopening or shortly thereafter
a few weeks ago they added usdt
florians

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 08:51:39 AM

https://wex.kayako.com/en-us/article/96-i-have-the-wrong-balance-value-after-the-launch-of-the-new-exchange

I have the wrong balance value after the launch of the new exchange
At the new exchange WEX.nz your funds are credited only in the amount that is displayed in your profile. After the closure of the BTC-e and before the opening of WEX all transactions were already outside the control of the old exchange and still beyond the control of the new one.
GSVLTD

Activity: 8

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 10:42:36 PM

Dear Members,

Requesting all that have significant balances at Wex.nz and pending verification or other balance issues we should collectively start a legal action, as the longer it takes the less likely we will see our money. After Alexander Vinnik is extradited there would be even less hope.

They are legally based in Singapore so we should start from there, we based in London and happy to arrange meet up for all interested.

GSVLTD

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 10:55:24 PM

there is already a investor alert at Monetary Authority of Singapore indicating not much time left before the run away once again
http://www.mas.gov.sg/IAL.aspx?sc_p=W

Any member from Singarpore can help finding the legal process
adangold1

Activity: 23

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 11:31:40 AM

there is already a investor alert at Monetary Authority of Singapore indicating not much time left before the run away once again

We are totally fucked then  Sad
florians

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 01:42:58 PM
Last edit: April 27, 2018, 05:43:11 PM by florians

Just for fun, what do you think will happen to me ?

wex give back my full balance
wex become mute at this point
wex basicaly reply "sorry for your loss" with nonsense explanations/requests

personaly i have no idea realy 1/3 chance each

if it's a mismatch, obvisouly it can't be the other way around, like having x4 balance  Grin no, it's always a mismatch /x

that why i have a little problem.. if it's an error, why it's /4 and not x4 ? random ? yeah...

Update : it's the 3.

"All your bitons have been transferred to your new account, the other coins you say you did not have.
"

i don't even understand what that mean

anyway, we have to move on and that's it
GSVLTD

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 11:02:45 AM

We are totally fucked then  Sad

Agreed
But still maybe a swift legal action will put some pressure. Looks like they planning a even bigger scam the btc-e
Dernoste

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 11:58:57 AM
Last edit: April 28, 2018, 04:25:11 PM by Dernoste

wex compensated 80%, with a lawsuit you will never get back 80% of your money
btc-e has closed because the FBI has seized their bank accounts
there are "real" news about alleged scam or just rumors from noob?
florians

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 01:55:53 AM

Wex do take money from users from time to time but they are honest about it. Technicaly it is not a scam..

faq :

https://wex.kayako.com/en-us/article/96-i-have-the-wrong-balance-value-after-the-launch-of-the-new-exchange

I have the wrong balance value after the launch of the new exchange
At the new exchange WEX.nz your funds are credited only in the amount that is displayed in your profile. After the closure of the BTC-e and before the opening of WEX all transactions were already outside the control of the old exchange and still beyond the control of the new one.

Basicaly, we don't know what's going on, plain and simple.
figmentofmyass
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 09:47:19 AM

they didn't compensate 80%. they gave back ~55% (slightly more if you stayed) and then allowed you to sell your debt cheap on the market to facilitate their repayment of others. no matter what, they can never compensate 100%.

and US residents were forced to leave. if they were forced to verify, they lost 100%. some people had their accounts suspended when wex launched and those people lost 100%.

also, btc-e was notorious for locking "inactive" accounts and then enforcing verification that was impossible to satisfy. eventually they would just stop responding to tickets and steal your money. i believe this is why they are red tagged on this forum. wex has apparently carried on this tradition, refusing to verify old accounts.

GSVLTD

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 04:14:12 PM

I dont know of anyone that got compensated 80% it was 55-61% max but those also very few got as the account with significant balances were suspended/blocked

And like all other exchanges verification can be done in few days 10-15 not 6 months any issues can be communicated the wex support does not reply.

Also there has been investor advisory notice by the monetary authority of Singapore since march clearly they must have got complains which clearly indicates to SCAM
florians

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 07:26:35 AM

https://i.redditmedia.com/A7NG0MO2N8GgYgqPuDOOMYqqxADTRY-E42VKGJB0DUE.png?w=379&s=f4d563fbfff8498c2049d0af276d3bbf
adangold1

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 09:09:20 AM

It's been almost 5 months that i'm trying to access my funds and no success. I can conclude that even complaints on this forum were not able to affect wex. Most of people affected by this problem have a significant balance and what i guess is that they cannot allow us to withdraw those funds if they not recover from their loss.
If you noticed they have very high fees for fiat deposit and sometimes for withdrawal too, so probably they are trying to make some money to get their service stable again. I'm sure that all people who trade now on wex not have more than 5000 USD. So it is matter of luck now to see our funds again or to see wex go offline if they fail, we were just too naive to trust wex as an online wallet.
What i can say now is that i'm tired to claim my money so i can only tell you guys that i'm working on something to scam as much people as possible to get back my money (including all bitcoin fork). Even if it takes me 5-10 years i'll achieve it because it is the same amount of time it took me to collect all those coins.
Dernoste

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 09:24:16 AM
Last edit: May 01, 2018, 09:36:59 AM by Dernoste

Hello,
I've never had problems
yesterday for test I opened an account without verification, loaded 2 btc, deposits and whitdraw, fast without problems.
Will it be my luck alone? I do not think so!
p.s. they have active segwit support
p.s.s. then if someone has problems because he is an American citizen .... there is no solution!!!! hauahuahauha
adangold1

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 11:30:23 AM

Hello,
I've never had problems
yesterday for test I opened an account without verification, loaded 2 btc, deposits and whitdraw, fast without problems.
Will it be my luck alone? I do not think so!
p.s. they have active segwit support
p.s.s. then if someone has problems because he is an American citizen .... there is no solution!!!! hauahuahauha
2 btc is nothing compared to what wex confiscated from us. Read well our stories, it is not a problem of new or old account. They just decided to tock people account without any explanation and after we provided all requested documents there is no more reply from their support.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: