Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 07:40:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you monitor your crypto portfolio?  (Read 30932 times)
chanfest22 (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 08:49:29 PM
Last edit: September 20, 2017, 09:10:17 PM by chanfest22

I haven't managed to find a crypto portfolio tracker that works better than a spreadsheet I have. I'm curious what other folks use—would love to hear any tips about what is or isn't working for folks.

In the meantime, I'm going to try and make some improvements to my spreadsheet tool at www.cointracker.network for anyone to try (feedback welcome).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Morguk

Activity: 594
Merit: 506

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 09:04:08 PM

The Blockfolio app is amazing! It's on android and IOS and allows you to track almost any coin from any exchange. It has alarm functionality which is really handy. It's easy to check it every 10 minutes though Smiley

Calculate the chance of hitting a bitcoin block when solo mining at
maeusi

Activity: 462
Merit: 254

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 09:07:05 PM

I also use blockfolio app and coinomi. On coinomi, I see the prices on one site, so I don't need a spreadsheet. Blockfolio gives me the needed charts, history and price alerts.
HashFace

Activity: 406
Merit: 114

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 09:27:50 PM

I went the completely lazy route.  I mostly just buy and hold things that are supported in Exodus/Eden Wallet, so I can see them and manage them all in the same place.  They support about 25 assets now, and plan to support quite a few more.  I do have some holdings that are not supported, and just keep them in separate wallet.
PokerStein1

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 09:28:54 PM

First of all i am a long time holder at least one or two years. I am using Blockfolio , it is like an addiction i check it nearly every hour Cheesy ,  i think i need to delete it from my phone Cheesy

Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 09:37:12 PM

I haven't managed to find a crypto portfolio tracker that works better than a spreadsheet I have. I'm curious what other folks use—would love to hear any tips about what is or isn't working for folks.

In the meantime, I'm going to try and make some improvements to my spreadsheet tool at cointracker.network for anyone to try (feedback welcome).
Doesn't exodus run their own tracker ?
I have few traders come to me for developing a custom tracker application for Desktop.Indeed,I advice the same,get yourself a customised coin tracker programmed.

I also use blockfolio app and coinomi. On coinomi, I see the prices on one site, so I don't need a spreadsheet. Blockfolio gives me the needed charts, history and price alerts.

Too bad they still don't have an iOS application.Otherwise they're a bit safer online wallet.

I went the completely lazy route.  I mostly just buy and hold things that are supported in Exodus/Eden Wallet, so I can see them and manage them all in the same place.  They support about 25 assets now, and plan to support quite a few more.  I do have some holdings that are not supported, and just keep them in separate wallet.
Well my first comment makes more sense now.Thanks for clarifying!
HighInVegas

Activity: 4

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 09:45:29 PM

Just use blockfolio to track. Most of the time I cant even figure out how much I have invested between everything.
Johnnywelsh

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 09:50:53 PM

Blockfolio all the way, bit of a pain manually entering prices individually but worth it. Just be prepared to constantly check it through out the day Smiley

Also you can get an overview of your token value from Ethscan but not sure how well it handles some of the less popular altcoins. Always wondered where it gets it's value estimates from.

rainbow169

Activity: 252

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 09:52:59 PM

I use blockfolio, the best tracking tool, you can also switch exchanges if you don't like the low price from one particular exchange. I also use gravychains on Android to give a quick overview of the market, it has a portfolio function too.
Cicada1033

Activity: 168

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 10:20:47 PM

I used a exel sheet so far but just startet programming my own protfolio tracking app. A desktop version first maybe a mobile version later.

ModulTrade ║  DEMOCRATIZING GLOBAL TRADE WITH BLOCKCHAIN TECHNOLOGY  ║ ModulTrade
The Freedom To Trade▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ White Paper ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬The Freedom To Trade
FacebookMediumLinkedinTwitterTelegramReddit
chanfest22 (OP)

Activity: 8

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 10:52:50 PM

Thanks for all the pointers! Seems like a couple folks recommend Blockfolio. For folks who like Blockfolio—is it meeting all your needs?

I tried it out and it gets some of the base functionality. How do you deal with altcoins and tokens that aren't shown there? Also how do you calculate your cost basis including fees from transactions and see your overall ROI? Is there a way to do this in Blockfolio?
gidaahmad

Activity: 476

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 11:18:36 PM

Just like the others. I think Blockfolio is the best choice, simple, easy to use, and the market is very diverse. The best apps for the best people. you can download it in the Play Store.
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 12:13:46 AM

In the meantime, I'm going to try and make some improvements to my spreadsheet tool at cointracker.network for anyone to try (feedback welcome).

I use this: https://cointracking.info

Works perfectly.  For long i did not bothered much but then realized I am sometimes spending way to much calculating and searched and found this thingy.
nightmanisrightman

Activity: 252
Merit: 101

Global Risk Exchange - gref.io

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 12:16:56 AM

Blockfolio but beware they track your cookies and settings. As a result, your information isnt yours when you use that app. Just a headsup, be careful

▐▐ █     GRE   ≣   GLOBAL RISK EXCHANGE     █ ▌▌
━━  ((     Whitepaper     |     ANN Thread     ))  ━━
Telegram       Medium       Facebook       Twitter       Github
bengems

Activity: 266

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 06:18:48 AM

I use cryptocompare site and it is awesome. Blockfolion refused to run on my device

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3948
Merit: 1418

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 06:26:05 AM

I use a spread sheet.  Nothing beats checking things in the morning and updating all of them manually.  All these automated apps don't give you the same experience as doing it on your own.  It's fun...  For me at least.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
yura888

Activity: 364

“Create Your Decentralized Life”

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 06:32:10 AM

I monitor my cryctocurrency portfolio in app Blockfolio. Pretty convenient app

chocolah29

Activity: 588
Merit: 128

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 07:01:50 AM

I monitor my cryctocurrency portfolio in app Blockfolio. Pretty convenient app

Yeah like you I'm also using blockfolio. It's easy to track my coins there and easy to see what percentage of how much I've lose. Just add what coins you're holding and you'll see the growth in the market.
Everyone should install this.

SUBSCRIBE NOW
dlorah111

Activity: 148

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 07:05:44 AM

I really like the cmcio app from the playstore. For me it had everything I need. And with the new update coming you could also set price notifications. And it looks pretty nice also.
cexylikepie

Activity: 779
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 09:41:41 AM

I use a spread sheet.  Nothing beats checking things in the morning and updating all of them manually.  All these automated apps don't give you the same experience as doing it on your own.  It's fun...  For me at least.
Hmm... I think you will have some troubles if you have a portfolio with more 20 altcoins. Really, if you track them by manual, you will waste your time because it worse than use some apps automatic and helps you manage your portfolio easy.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: