Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 12:35:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Free taxi seat back advertising for small Bitcoin San Francisco based businesses  (Read 78419 times)
dadj (OP)

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2013, 10:05:03 AM
Last edit: May 30, 2013, 01:10:03 AM by dadj

The biggest taxi company in San Fransisco will be running the 'We use coins' video starting Wednesday in 375 taxis!

There are 75 taxis that have seat back monitors (pictured below on the right) for still images.

Looking for San Francisco based Bitcoin companies who are looking to advertise their bitcoin accepting businesses.

Very limited time offer so please get in touch!

Skype name: da_dj_leo

Thanks!

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
YOLOdice.comFast 1% Edge DiceAwesome ChartsFaucetPlay / InvestJOIN NOW!
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
atomium
Donator

Activity: 406
Merit: 252

Study the past, if you would divine the future.

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 04:22:26 PM

this is amazing man, if you could take a video of a taxi playing the video this will go viral super fast.
drrussellshane

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 04:27:09 PM

That would be pretty slick!

Buy a TREZOR! Premier BTC hardware wallet. If you're reading this, you should probably buy one if you don't already have one. You'll thank me later.
kjlimo
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2013, 04:32:11 PM

holy crap, awesome!

Are the limos using https://bitpay.com/limocoin?

If not, then get on it!

Coinbase for selling BTCs
Fold for spending BTCs
PM me with any questions on these sites/apps!  http://www.montybitcoin.com

or Vircurex for trading alt cryptocurrencies like DOGEs
CoinNinja for exploring the blockchain.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 04:47:22 PM

Yellow Cab Cooperative is going to play Bitcoin videos! That's amazing! I exclusively use Yellow to get around. I'll look out for it.

atomium
Donator

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 04:48:32 PM

Yellow Cab Cooperative is going to play Bitcoin videos! That's amazing! I exclusively use Yellow to get around. I'll look out for it.

yes! take some pics. is this thread on reddit yet? someone should add it
dadj (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2013, 10:38:09 PM

this is amazing man, if you could take a video of a taxi playing the video this will go viral super fast.

Unfortunately I will not be around to see it (live in Australia).

Would be awesome if you or some people could take a video / photos so I can see it Smiley

Also I just edited the original post - I just realised they might not be running all today the installing process begins today but should be fully operational by Wednesday.

BitAddict
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 11:14:27 PM

WOW that will be amazing. Nice work!
Tuxavant

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Bitcoin Mayor of Las Vegas

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2013, 02:09:43 AM

Need this in Vegas!

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 02:23:16 AM

Need this in Vegas!

Yeah, you can put it on a big billboard in the back of a pickup truck between a pair of tits. lol

Choadzilla

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 03:34:03 AM

I'm not sure that the weusecoins video is the best one to show COMPLETE strangers to bitcoin.  They are going to leave that cab thinking about bitcoin mining, not necessarily bitcoin haha
CtrlAltBernanke420

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 03:38:58 AM

Why is there not an absolute BLITZKREIG around the world advertising bitcoin, in one swift kick, and knock out to the central banks. Mostly i just want to see any remaining liquidity at mtgox dry up.

Mtgox should run its own commercials; "come exchange your dollars for the last remaining few bitcoins before the price skyrockets"
Zaih

Activity: 504

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 04:07:10 AM

Great stuff. Truly.
muyuu
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 06:09:29 AM

It's a cute and popular video, but sadly it's very misleading. I'd rather have a more accurate video showing in these taxis.

GPG ID: 7294199D - OTC ID: muyuu (470F97EB7294199D)
forum tea fund BTC 1Epv7KHbNjYzqYVhTCgXWYhGSkv7BuKGEU DOGE DF1eTJ2vsxjHpmmbKu9jpqsrg5uyQLWksM CAP F1MzvmmHwP2UhFq82NQT7qDU9NQ8oQbtkQ
VinceSamios

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2013, 06:19:31 AM

Brilliant effort! But I'm mirroring the concern about choice of video. Mining is not a concept punters should really be aware of, its not necessary.

The Happy Clappy Bitcoin Chappy - http://twitter.com/vincesamios
Epicurus

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 06:30:05 AM

The biggest taxi company in San Fransisco will be running the 'We use coins' video starting Wednesday in 375 taxis!

There are 75 taxis that have seat back monitors (pictured below on the right) for still images.

I am looking for San Francisco based Bitcoin companies who are looking to advertise their acceptance of Bitcoin. To help recoup some of the costs as well as promote Bitcoin activity in the area I am offering a limited number of spots for the very reasonable rate of 1 bitcoin.

Thanks!

What's the estimated CPM?
CtrlAltBernanke420

Activity: 350

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 06:36:10 AM

Brilliant effort! But I'm mirroring the concern about choice of video. Mining is not a concept punters should really be aware of, its not necessary.

People are instantly concerned about counterfeit, they do not understand its a public, decentralized, not a scam...

I still point my tinfoil hat towards the aspect this could just a be a MAJOR pump and dump like we humans have never seen before. All the early adopter need is ride on the coat-tails and help to foster this homegrown enthusiasm.

I think the future of bitcoin is so completely undertermined, it depends on how agressively it gets promoted to the mainstream. It could wind up as a niche market with little use for the mainstream if proper efforts are not taken to help ensure new adoption.
dadj (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2013, 06:47:46 AM

I am looking for San Francisco based Bitcoin companies who are looking to advertise their acceptance of Bitcoin. To help recoup some of the costs as well as promote Bitcoin activity in the area I am offering a limited number of spots for the very reasonable rate of 1 bitcoin.

Thanks!

$5

dadj (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2013, 07:01:32 AM

It's a cute and popular video, but sadly it's very misleading. I'd rather have a more accurate video showing in these taxis.

I don't think it's misleading so much as that it's out of date. I still think it explains the concept in the most simple way. It's also short.

muyuu
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 07:17:50 AM

I don't think it's misleading so much as that it's out of date. I still think it explains the concept in the most simple way. It's also short.

It's misleading mostly because it's out of date and most of the facts simply don't stand. But the reason why it's misleading is not as important as the fact it is.

forum tea fund BTC 1Epv7KHbNjYzqYVhTCgXWYhGSkv7BuKGEU DOGE DF1eTJ2vsxjHpmmbKu9jpqsrg5uyQLWksM CAP F1MzvmmHwP2UhFq82NQT7qDU9NQ8oQbtkQ
mc_lovin
Legendary

Activity: 1190

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2013, 07:30:32 AM

This is awesome!  You would have their undivided attention in a taxi too! Smiley
Seth Otterstad

Activity: 328

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 07:36:36 AM

The WeUseCoins video is terrible, and I think it's embarrassing for the bitcoin community to still be linking to it. It overemphasizes mining, and causes me to constantly have to answer questions on the forum about "How do I use my computer to mine free bitcoins."

This video is WAY better.  It was just released last month.
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_hz7TyQ_bs

It does a good job of explaining what bitcoins are and how it works.  What we REALLY need is a video about "why are bitcoins valuable" or "why is bitcoin better".

Seth Otterstad's Blog          @SethOtterstad on twitter          Seth on google+
dadj (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2013, 08:29:06 AM

It's misleading mostly because it's out of date and most of the facts simply don't stand. But the reason why it's misleading is not as important as the fact it is.
It's not misleading at all, all the facts stand. Is it impractical to mine bitcoins on a PC? Yes. So what - people would still have a shot at winning over $3k by simply running a program. The point is it explains how the system works and gives a good background to why people should use it.

The WeUseCoins video is terrible, and I think it's embarrassing for the bitcoin community to still be linking to it. It overemphasizes mining, and causes me to constantly have to answer questions on the forum about "How do I use my computer to mine free bitcoins."
It doesn't overemphasise mining at all. It is a fundamental part of the system and needs to be explained. The fact that there are many people asking how they mine bitcoins for free is a positive sign, as it incentivises the security of the network.

If answering noobs questions isn't your thing, don't waste your time doing it.

This video is WAY better.  It was just released last month.

It does a good job of explaining what bitcoins are and how it works.  What we REALLY need is a video about "why are bitcoins valuable" or "why is bitcoin better".
This video is also more than twice as long meaning less chance for the passengers to see it more. The reason I chose this video is that it really explained the whole system very quickly and got me excited the first time I saw it.

I think most reasonable people can already see the value in Bitcoin and it's only a matter of time and showing people the concept before it gets more traction.

freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 08:33:33 AM
Last edit: May 29, 2013, 09:10:43 AM by freedomno1

If you're reading this and know of a business based in the San Francisco area, can you please refer them to contact me on Skype ASAP?

Skype name: da_dj_leo

Thanks!

BEEPEEPEEP

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kashmirhill/2013/05/09/25-things-i-learned-about-bitcoin-from-living-on-it-for-a-week/

That should help OP a bit this project was done in San Fran very recently might be a place to start when looking for people who might be interested in advertising in taxi's
http://www.forbes.com/sites/kashmirhill/2013/05/01/living-on-bitcoin-for-a-week-the-journey-begins/

Re-Read it so puts a few places down from the article for quick reference
Still a good read
Sake Zone
http://sanfrancisco.menupages.com/restaurants/sake-zone/
http://b-i.forbesimg.com/kashmirhill/files/2013/05/Screen-Shot-2013-05-03-at-9.05.17-AM.png
Cups and Cakes Bakery
http://cupsandcakesbakery.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=jCYE4V6C8a8
Buyers Best Friend
http://www.bbfdirect.com/
http://www.forbes.com/sites/kashmirhill/2013/05/04/living-on-bitcoin-for-a-week-bitcoiners-are-the-new-vegans/
Blue Plate Wines
http://blueplatewines.com/
In Mill Valley

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
BTCLuke

Activity: 526
Merit: 508

My other Avatar is also Scrooge McDuck

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 09:01:15 AM

Awesome video. Much, much much better for the task, except I agree that the pace is too slow.

I love how it referenced Bernanke printing too much, for invested interests... That should get some more ears perked up.

If there were no audible pauses and the narrator spoke faster on that one, I bet they could get it down to 2.5 minutes, certainly short enough for a cab ride.

Luke Parker
Bank Abolitionist
dadj (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2013, 09:08:54 AM

Awesome video. Much, much much better for the task, except I agree that the pace is too slow.

I love how it referenced Bernanke printing too much, for invested interests... That should get some more ears perked up.

If there were no audible pauses and the narrator spoke faster on that one, I bet they could get it down to 2.5 minutes, certainly short enough for a cab ride.
Also - there is no audio in the cabs - they don't allow it because of some regulations about passengers needing an option to have no audio - so they just flat out say they don't run audio at all. I just did subtitles.

kjlimo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2013, 01:05:14 PM

Why is there not an absolute BLITZKREIG around the world advertising bitcoin, in one swift kick, and knock out to the central banks. Mostly i just want to see any remaining liquidity at mtgox dry up.

Mtgox should run its own commercials; "come exchange your dollars for the last remaining few bitcoins before the price skyrockets"

Be patient young padawan.  Good things come to those who wait.  The bitcoin economy needs to grow at a reasonable pace.  Let's walk before we run.

Bitcoin will build on bitcoin's success, which takes some time.

It does a good job of explaining what bitcoins are and how it works.  What we REALLY need is a video about "why are bitcoins valuable" or "why is bitcoin better".

Excellent video!  I will start using that when teaching people about bitcoins.

Fold for spending BTCs

maco

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 05:39:54 PM

I will sell this to businesses in a heart beat...

BITCOINS SOON TO BE ACCEPTED in LAS VEGAS CLUBS FOR FOOD/DRINKS!

BITCOIN MANIA, HERE WE COME!
kjlimo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2013, 05:47:13 PM

I will sell this to businesses in a heart beat...

BITCOINS SOON TO BE ACCEPTED in LAS VEGAS CLUBS FOR FOOD/DRINKS!

BITCOIN MANIA, HERE WE COME!

I assume you're already familiar with http://bitcoinsinvegas.com/ ?

Fold for spending BTCs

kodo

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 06:19:57 PM

Wow this is unbelievable
dadj (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2013, 01:16:15 AM

Bump - topic title and OP changed to free advertising

muyuu
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 12:35:12 PM

It's not misleading at all, all the facts stand. Is it impractical to mine bitcoins on a PC? Yes. So what - people would still have a shot at winning over $3k by simply running a program. The point is it explains how the system works and gives a good background to why people should use it.

It doesn't overemphasise mining at all. It is a fundamental part of the system and needs to be explained. The fact that there are many people asking how they mine bitcoins for free is a positive sign, as it incentivises the security of the network.

If answering noobs questions isn't your thing, don't waste your time doing it.

It does a good job of explaining what bitcoins are and how it works.  What we REALLY need is a video about "why are bitcoins valuable" or "why is bitcoin better".
This video is also more than twice as long meaning less chance for the passengers to see it more. The reason I chose this video is that it really explained the whole system very quickly and got me excited the first time I saw it.

I think most reasonable people can already see the value in Bitcoin and it's only a matter of time and showing people the concept before it gets more traction.

No.

When one finds out that most of the advertised "facts" are in practice infeasible, the impression is really negative. It all looks like a scam. Inquiring types are massively put off by that video.

At this point that video simply doesn't work. The only positive thing is just get the word "bitcoin" across and hopefully some people will look further into it elsewhere.

jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1255

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 12:40:04 PM

Amazing stuff

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
dadj (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2013, 01:13:12 PM

When one finds out that most of the advertised "facts" are in practice infeasible
There are two facts advertised that are practically infeasible. Mining on PC and sending transactions for free. For people who use it for international transfers, bitcoin transactions are as good as free.
Inquiring types are massively put off by that video.
If inquiring people are so easily put off by the fact that they can't mine bitcoins for free and are unable to inquire beyond that point then I'd be glad for them to inquire away to other things.

muyuu
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 01:28:30 PM

When one finds out that most of the advertised "facts" are in practice infeasible
There are two facts advertised that are practically infeasible. Mining on PC and sending transactions for free. For people who use it for international transfers, bitcoin transactions are as good as free.
Inquiring types are massively put off by that video.
If inquiring people are so easily put off by the fact that they can't mine bitcoins for free and are unable to inquire beyond that point then I'd be glad for them to inquire away to other things.

There are dangerous false conclusions in the video too. Like implying that "Bitcoin is secure because everybody mines" and makes it to be essential to the system. Not only is that implied fact false, it conveys a false conclusion that is easily dismounted by any half-brained human. When it becomes obvious that you have been basically lied to, regaining confidence is harder that gaining it in the first place.

It was never terribly accurate, but now there's more untrue than true to it.

I honestly believe that this video is a terrible way to introduce bitcoin at this point. It was poor 1 year ago too and it is much more so now. You are free to disagree though. The graphics are cute but the underlying message is more important, and it fails there.

FNG

Activity: 588

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 01:32:47 PM

You could talk to coinbase.  Show's people a place to purchase coins.
atomium
Donator

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 04:40:26 PM

Yea for sure this video is much better! Is it possible to have it without the website url at the bottom?
Eric Muyser

Activity: 224

You can't kill math.

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 02:29:46 AM

This is awesome!

Where can I donate to WeUseCoins and ventures like this?

@EricMuyser | EricMuyser.com | OTC - "Defeat is a state of mind; no one is ever defeated until defeat has been accepted as a reality" - Bruce Lee
Abandon

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 02:32:55 AM

Yea for sure this video is much better! Is it possible to have it without the website url at the bottom?

The URL does get in the way. .

I personally like old video much better.

I would suggest this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEbCbp1vc9Y

Except it has even more information that is outdated.

This is a new video that explains the modern mining process in the same style as the old one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmOzih6I1zs

So perhaps they will update the old one, at some point. .
Dr. McKay

Activity: 9

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 05:43:40 AM

The URL does get in the way. .

I personally like old video much better.

I would suggest this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEbCbp1vc9Y

Except it has even more information that is outdated.

This is a new video that explains the modern mining process in the same style as the old one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmOzih6I1zs

So perhaps they will update the old one, at some point. .

Good video. But for some reason, that guy's accent infuriates me. I have no idea why.
TheGovernedSelf

Activity: 102

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 06:01:26 AM

Thanks!

$5

For each cab...?  Shocked

Is that worth it?
dadj (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2013, 08:26:52 AM

This is awesome!

Where can I donate to WeUseCoins and ventures like this?
WeUseCoins: 1Kj7V3CYk4TzmE5cgYR7UVbejgFVRbqSwu

I funded this campaign although I don't expect a direct roi. Therefore I'm opening this up (and for similar ventures) for donations here: 18reNUrJeRoDXp5YsX5X2u9nzm9mqxNSpF

Any donations would be great as I can tell my gf it wasn't a complete waste of my money and efforts and hopefully do more cool stuff Smiley

Thanks!

$5

For each cab...?  Shocked

Is that worth it?
CPM = Cost per mille, the advertising cost per thousand views. I think it's totally worth it!

Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 09:02:52 AM

I agree that the WeUse coins is not the best one. But still, this is great news.

Kudos to the OP, donation on the way.

dadj (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2013, 09:07:56 AM

I agree that the WeUse coins is not the best one. But still, this is great news.

Kudos to the OP, donation on the way.
Thanks!

Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: