Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 06:24:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Short term investment  (Read 2966 times)
aleksej996 (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 389

Do not trust the government

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 04:00:56 PM

Many traders agree that Bitcoin is a great long term investment, but what about all the short term traders?
There is a value in short term trading of course and these months seem as they were and will be turbulent, making short term trading at higher stake.

When do you predict a bottom and top range of the market in these couple of months?

Due to the upcoming of a serious hard fork that has a major economical support these times seem very risky for Bitcoin. A major split of the community is more likely than during a Bitcoin Cash fork and we saw some price drops before the Bitcoin Cash fork and could possibly expect an even bigger drop during this one. Or maybe people gained more confidence in Bitcoin since the survival of that fork? Are the big investors confident that big companies that signed the NY agreement will make a successful fork and insure the value of their coins with their economical importance or will they bail due to uncertainty? If they are confident in those companies, are they wrong to be confident? Will the users reject the fork and would it make a very drastic effect on the price?

Also due to the bad clarity in China's new ICO ban, it is maybe possible for the government to clarify it's stance on crypto/fiat trading?
If their stance is supportive, we could experience a huge bull and if it is not, we might experience a perhaps medium or high decline in price?

Many things could affect the price in next 2 months and because many miners and other people who pay the bills from crypto it is important to know for them should they sell and when or should they wait and for how long.
AceBtcs

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 05:32:42 PM

Well I will do short term time to time. Just say this past few days, btc dropped to 3000 that was a very good time to dump a few thousand and then it jumps to 3800. Just got to be smart
Wilhelm
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1265

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 05:45:30 PM

If China supports bitcoin them it will negatively impact their economy so they will never say that.

Bitcoin is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get !!
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 06:01:59 PM

I do some short term trading occasionally, but it's not something I am feeling comfortable with, unless the market is bouncing up and down within a certain range.

If there is no clear range pattern the market is moving in, then I am not going to bother with trading. I prefer to conservatively place smart buy and sell orders when the time is right, but it shouldn't end in a guessing game.

I started out as a pure hodler, but decided to allow myself to trade in afore mentioned circumstances. As we speak, I am still bullish long term wise, but the hard fork in November is what I am thinking about all the time.

Due to this hard fork, I don't expect the market to experience much upwards movement. I am perfectly fine with the market hovering between $3000-$4000 till we know whether or not we'll really see a hard fork gets initiated.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
maeusi

Activity: 462
Merit: 254

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 07:13:16 PM

When I would trade short term, I would buy BTC, Dogecoin, Ethereum and Litecoin. Nearly all wellknown cryptos dropped because of "China news", so it is good time to buy, before all is calmed down.
CyberKuro

Activity: 798
Merit: 506

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 07:39:45 PM

Altcoins created for short term investment, look at most coins prices which follows bitcoin to fall, a good time to buy altcoins.
There is no certain answer when a coin will reach the highest rate or fall to the bottom because every coin has different price, different ATH.
Personally, I don't invest on random coins, just the most traded, the most famous and top high rates in the market such as ethereum and zcash.
Oceat

Activity: 2506
Merit: 368

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 07:41:02 PM

When I would trade short term, I would buy BTC, Dogecoin, Ethereum and Litecoin. Nearly all wellknown cryptos dropped because of "China news", so it is good time to buy, before all is calmed down.
All is getting back to normal now since the news about in China was just temporary but i guess it's just only for the exchanges because they were regulating some rules before anyone could make a legit exchanges. I think the government is right of it since those exchanges who doesn't have any license is more likely going to run if nothing is holding them. I think this is appropriate since a lot of businessmen in China is i think lost a lot because of those exchanges who gone running and gone in thin air.

bettercrypto

Activity: 1344
Merit: 268

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2017, 07:53:50 PM

I find altcoins to be one of the better short term investment especially those ICO's.  I invested on some of the potential ICO and sell them once I see a couple of percentage profit.  If lucky i can have 2x or 3x my ICO investment in just a matter of week or two right after thier ICO token hit the exchange.  I find it hard to use Bitcoin in short term investment because we all know that Bitcoin will really get BIG when time come. 

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
ahmad21

Activity: 672
Merit: 271

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 08:01:12 PM

Altcoins created for short term investment, look at most coins prices which follows bitcoin to fall, a good time to buy altcoins.
There is no certain answer when a coin will reach the highest rate or fall to the bottom because every coin has different price, different ATH.
Personally, I don't invest on random coins, just the most traded, the most famous and top high rates in the market such as ethereum and zcash.
Investing in ICO is nice when you make a short term trade. Popular ICO's usually go up after they are listed on a popular exchange. Dont wait for them to fall just sell immediately once they hike. They are quite unstable yet profitable
SaShiRaJaVu

Activity: 1694
Merit: 541

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 08:42:57 PM

The best time for short term investments is the time when a market crashes and for all who have invested their pennies during the crash would have definitely made profit as the market recovered and could benefit in this very short period ,all of the currencies were good to go during this crash and almost all the top currencies recovered.
oegarod

Activity: 602
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 08:48:28 PM

Investing in ICO is nice when you make a short term trade. Popular ICO's usually go up after they are listed on a popular exchange. Dont wait for them to fall just sell immediately once they hike. They are quite unstable yet profitable
Yes, that's an good way to profit in a short term. But there are several ico projects that have gone unsuccessful. Another thing is that, there are lots of potential ico which keeps on pumping in value, but the drawback is that it gets delayed getting listed to the exchanges.
maku
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 08:52:15 PM

If China supports bitcoin them it will negatively impact their economy so they will never say that.
They are passively supporting is all this time and I don't think that negatively impacted their economy at all, but what do you mean they will support bitcoin?
Like what? Legalize it fully or simply allows it to be traded on Chinese exchanges? If they ban bitcoin then every single altcoin will follow and this move could force every crypto investor to seek other place to invest.
It will, in the end, bite China in the ass, and I hope they will realize that sooner that later.
kwukduck
Legendary

Activity: 1937
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 09:13:42 PM

I do some short term trading occasionally, but it's not something I am feeling comfortable with, unless the market is bouncing up and down within a certain range.

If there is no clear range pattern the market is moving in, then I am not going to bother with trading. I prefer to conservatively place smart buy and sell orders when the time is right, but it shouldn't end in a guessing game.

I started out as a pure hodler, but decided to allow myself to trade in afore mentioned circumstances. As we speak, I am still bullish long term wise, but the hard fork in November is what I am thinking about all the time.

Due to this hard fork, I don't expect the market to experience much upwards movement. I am perfectly fine with the market hovering between $3000-$4000 till we know whether or not we'll really see a hard fork gets initiated.

Whether or not we'll see a hard fork?
Are you kidding me? With almost 95%!!! of the miners signaling SW2x support you can bet your ass we will get a hard fork and chaos like we've never seen before.
A 95% incompatibility between the users and the miners... my God if anyone was waiting for double digit Bitcoin that will be it!
Core team effectively being fired from their job.
Core network will effectively come to a complete HALT!
SW2x network will not pick up where Core left off, they have a different agenda, they don't have user support, they don't have the market.

This is going to be one clusterfck of unearthly proportions.
The price will reflect this, hence i can guarantee (still open for the bet!) every single person here the Bitcoin price will plummet far under $1000 before November fork.

14b8PdeWLqK3yi3PrNHMmCvSmvDEKEBh3E
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 09:17:09 PM

Most of the altcoins don't have any future potential, which makes them nothing more than an empty speculative asset for the gamblers in this market. There are only a few altcoins that actually contribute to solving a problem, or making their closest competitor coin look like an obsolete crypto asset. Don't only focus at trading volumes, because even blatant copy and paste coins generate loads of volume.
LuciferAB

Activity: 44

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 09:22:46 PM

Short term investment is a good idea for new members of bitcoin world,although their is no big risk of long term investment.  Falling of Bitcoin price not a big deal. Sort term investment help to create a believe in bitcoin and also help in crash conditions.
cryptocurrienzi

Activity: 31

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 10:01:39 PM

Short term investment is great but still I am in for long term investment.
aleksej996 (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 389

Do not trust the government

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 10:02:43 PM

Are you kidding me? With almost 95%!!! of the miners signaling SW2x support you can bet your ass we will get a hard fork and chaos like we've never seen before.
A 95% incompatibility between the users and the miners... my God if anyone was waiting for double digit Bitcoin that will be it!
SW2x network will not pick up where Core left off, they have a different agenda, they don't have user support, they don't have the market.

The price will reflect this, hence i can guarantee (still open for the bet!) every single person here the Bitcoin price will plummet far under $1000 before November fork.

Haha! Amazing response Cheesy
Well, we will wait and see I guess. I just might withdraw from buying any Bitcoins then for a while, waiting for that couple of hundred per Bitcoin.
If China news affected the price, probably with the help of the natural correction, the fork will really make a mess.
Bitcoin is known to be volatile by nature and this really seem like something that never happened before.
The only question is how many users really support Core in this decision. It would be nice to see some statistics.
hatshepsut93
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 2148

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 10:55:19 PM

The term investment implies that you have to buy something and sell later for a profit, but actually there are many ways to profit in trading, so it's better to say instrument rather than investment. And Bitcoin is actually a very interesting financial intrument if you'll compare it with traditional integuments, because it's totally unregulated, but also quite big so it's not very easy to manipulate it. Unregulated markets also allow traders to use very high leverages, and combined with natural volatility it can be one of the best assets for day trading.
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 11:18:44 PM

If enough miners end up pulling back (F2Pool already did so), then the support of other miners will be so small, that they end up forking off like what happened with Bitcoin Cash, which is something you seem to support.

Other than that, I agree with the assumption that we will be going through a whole lof of fud and shilling in the runup to this hard fork, but there is no need to blow up things like you are doing now.

Your predictions don't exactly justify you to keep throwing around with empty worst case scenarios. Do you even realize that you have been wrong so many times, that people reached a point where they just make fun of you?

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
uraharasan

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 03:46:13 AM

Short term investment is great but still I am in for long term investment.

long-term investments require huge amounts of money or capital while short-term investments need not require huge amounts of money or capital but the risks are high.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: