Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:05:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you read ICOs white paper before investing?  (Read 3614 times)
SavvyOli

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 12:52:23 PM

to be honest, i just buy what my friends recommend, and dont really read. which probably justifies why i have so many junk tokens hahaha  Kiss

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MiBambino

Activity: 644
Merit: 252

IMUSIFY - Award Winning Blockchain Music Tech

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 01:10:28 PM

to be honest, i just buy what my friends recommend, and dont really read. which probably justifies why i have so many junk tokens hahaha  Kiss

You shouldn't invest in something you don't fully understand, my friend, that's really why every crisis since the dawn of man has occured, people buying things other people recommend based entirely on their own agenda. Not saying your friends give you bad advice, but I'm sure you're smart enough to judge for yourself

imusify
  FacebookTwitterTelegramRedditANN  ❱ MediumGitHubYouTubeLinkedIN 
Award Winning Blockchain Music Platform
                                                                                                                     Backed By NEO

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
 ▗██▘                                        ▝██▖
 ██                                            ██
▐█▌                                            ▐█▌
██   █▌            ▐███▄▄                       ██
██                 ▐█▌ ▀██▄▄                    ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌    ▀▀██▄▄                ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌       ▄███               ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌   ▄▄██▀▀                 ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌▄███▀                     ██
██   ▀▘            ▐██▀▀                        ██
 ▝██▄                                        ▄██▘
   ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Explainer
Video
sharedminers

Activity: 99

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 01:11:55 PM

this is the first thing when I invest to an ICO
StockBet.com

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Make A Bet on WORKING SOFTWARE

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2017, 01:32:14 PM

Not only should you read the white paper, you should also confirm that the team can develop.

Just because they have titles like "CTO", "Developer", etc., it doesn't mean anything if they cannot prove that they have developed before.  They should have software that you can touch, feel and smell and confirm that they can build something.

It's surprising how many projects cannot prove this.

Writing thousands of lines of code takes much more skill, work and time than to make a nice looking video.
yes my mind set is not looking the team, many people can get the title about this but we need action from this.

Members on most of the teams actually have no development experience, let alone being able to prove that they can develop software.

Taskford

Activity: 2534
Merit: 787

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 01:36:48 PM

I don't read the white papers because it takes a lot of time before you finish reading it so i am just depending on my research about the opinion of the other people and also here in our forum and also about the background information of the developers or the team behind that coin to tell if they are a good team or not.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
anemonas356

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 01:45:42 PM

Reading the whitepaper is the first thing I definitely do before thinking of investing!
kirito1614

Activity: 336
Merit: 107

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 01:48:30 PM

Reading the ICOs white paper is a must when you're about and interested to invest. Its like putting your money in whomever wallet that is and hoping for it to grow. And by knowing the eligibility and the target point of a certain project It is easy to whomever you will put your investments with.
Mariya03

Activity: 124

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 02:17:46 PM

Yes, I read the ICOs white paper because it will help you to understand how to invest and what is your investing in. It also important to read because it will let you know what are they're going to promote and what is the reason of promoting that. ICO white paper tells when and where the project ends and what are the updates on this projects.

roger2000

Activity: 34

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 03:11:59 PM

I agree that reading whitepaper is absolutely mandatory.
In altcoin section see many peoples not even bother to ask questions before read the doc.
metenjean

Activity: 854
Merit: 140

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 03:17:01 PM

Why do you buy something without knowing what are you buying about. If you're investing then you should probably do your homework before start saving your hard earned money into unfamiliar scheme, lots of scams and opportunities in investing but it requires some work to determine that unless you depends only on your luck  Grin
donotlean

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 03:39:57 PM

ahah What a wuestion.if you are good investor you already read it.Doing research it s your invest.if you dont search well,you will gamble...

Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 03:52:55 PM

Those are not exactly valid points, as their team consists of a bunch of other people who all have relevant experience, maybe not exclusively in blockchain tech but in overall finance and development. Change offers everything TenX, Monaco, Polybius, ... offers, but also everything a bank offers, including insurance and loans.

Why would we put our cryptos in a bank? We won't. Change isn't ment to be a centralized financial entity but rather a decentralized banking network, fully supported by the network.

To say that you are a "Blockchain Expert" when you worked as an Inside Sales Rep until 1.5 months ago is an outright lie.

To say that you are a "Blockchain Developer" when you've never developed any blockchain is an exaggeration at best, or a lie at worst.

If the team is willing to lie about this, you'll never know what else they're willing to lie about.

I only spent 5 minutes to find out the above.  Here's what I found in another 2 minutes:

Change-Bank's "CTO, Blockchain Developer" was an iOS Developer at Montise Create until March 2017.  Cannot find any info on Montise Create.  How knowledgeable is this guy in managing developers, or about banking, or about cryptos?

How would Change be able to give loans, if people do not give them money (cryptos)?  Someone doesn't understand how banking works.

What problem is Change solving in insurance?

I consider myself to be a cryptocurrency expert as well, as I can answer 95% of questions people ask me about it, because I've spend the last 9 months studying hours upon hours a day, learning how to trade, read graphs, research dev teams, and so on. But, if you look at my resume, you'll see that I 'technically' have 0 experience in that area because I spent the last years working in insurance.

The company you're looking for is called Monitise Create, probably a spelling error.

I've seen multiple startups grow to multimillion companies over the course of 2 years, not because they had experienced managers but because those managers were able to learn on the spot. One of my best friends is CFO in 2 LLC's and 1 international trading company. The only experience he has is learning on the spot. I've grown my portfolio with over 700% in less than 6 months and by the end of this year I should have doubled my monthly income through trading and consulting on the side. My experience is reading on fora like this one, and spending hours upon hours studying trading and finance when other people (my clients) binge watch another netflix series. Experience doesn't prove as much as people say, your attitude is much more important.

Change will be able to give loans through the network. It'll take away some anonymity, as it'll require background checks, but I'm sure it'll be more like going short or margin trading on an exchange. I imagine it'll be like me investing 1BTC my friend loaned me and giving him back 2BTC 1 month later.

Change will solve mostly insurance problems when travelling overseas and you don't have the time to arrange insurance with a standard company. It will use the blockchain safety and speed to provide insurance a lot faster.

You missed the point.. these are NOT SUPPOSE to be "Startups" or "companies"  Roll Eyes
You are suppose to be here to help contribute to getting an open source decentralized crypto currency adopted.
Not helping shady dev's fabricate centralized fake little crypto companies for ROI's.
YOU ..are a cancer, and all the other pajeets that flooded in here.

You have the fucking nerve to call yourself a "crypto expert" ?
Wrong you are an idiot and have the same retarded idiotic mind set as all the other noobs here.

FUD first & ask questions later™
wordspavovv

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 04:25:44 PM

Is this a real question?  Grin
For sure! You must read very well where you are going to invest, otherwise you gamble. Whitepaper is the most important thing!

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DIW ◈    DIWtoken.com    ▐   WHITEPAPERANN THREADTELEGRAM   ▌    SECURITY DECENTRALIZED
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
JohnSnowSand (OP)

Activity: 31

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 06:01:15 PM

Lol, not bad , maybe you need to change friends
MiBambino

Activity: 644

IMUSIFY - Award Winning Blockchain Music Tech

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 06:02:11 PM

Those are not exactly valid points, as their team consists of a bunch of other people who all have relevant experience, maybe not exclusively in blockchain tech but in overall finance and development. Change offers everything TenX, Monaco, Polybius, ... offers, but also everything a bank offers, including insurance and loans.

Why would we put our cryptos in a bank? We won't. Change isn't ment to be a centralized financial entity but rather a decentralized banking network, fully supported by the network.

To say that you are a "Blockchain Expert" when you worked as an Inside Sales Rep until 1.5 months ago is an outright lie.

To say that you are a "Blockchain Developer" when you've never developed any blockchain is an exaggeration at best, or a lie at worst.

If the team is willing to lie about this, you'll never know what else they're willing to lie about.

I only spent 5 minutes to find out the above.  Here's what I found in another 2 minutes:

Change-Bank's "CTO, Blockchain Developer" was an iOS Developer at Montise Create until March 2017.  Cannot find any info on Montise Create.  How knowledgeable is this guy in managing developers, or about banking, or about cryptos?

How would Change be able to give loans, if people do not give them money (cryptos)?  Someone doesn't understand how banking works.

What problem is Change solving in insurance?

I consider myself to be a cryptocurrency expert as well, as I can answer 95% of questions people ask me about it, because I've spend the last 9 months studying hours upon hours a day, learning how to trade, read graphs, research dev teams, and so on. But, if you look at my resume, you'll see that I 'technically' have 0 experience in that area because I spent the last years working in insurance.

The company you're looking for is called Monitise Create, probably a spelling error.

I've seen multiple startups grow to multimillion companies over the course of 2 years, not because they had experienced managers but because those managers were able to learn on the spot. One of my best friends is CFO in 2 LLC's and 1 international trading company. The only experience he has is learning on the spot. I've grown my portfolio with over 700% in less than 6 months and by the end of this year I should have doubled my monthly income through trading and consulting on the side. My experience is reading on fora like this one, and spending hours upon hours studying trading and finance when other people (my clients) binge watch another netflix series. Experience doesn't prove as much as people say, your attitude is much more important.

Change will be able to give loans through the network. It'll take away some anonymity, as it'll require background checks, but I'm sure it'll be more like going short or margin trading on an exchange. I imagine it'll be like me investing 1BTC my friend loaned me and giving him back 2BTC 1 month later.

Change will solve mostly insurance problems when travelling overseas and you don't have the time to arrange insurance with a standard company. It will use the blockchain safety and speed to provide insurance a lot faster.

You missed the point.. these are NOT SUPPOSE to be "Startups" or "companies"  Roll Eyes
You are suppose to be here to help contribute to getting an open source decentralized crypto currency adopted.
Not helping shady dev's fabricate centralized fake little crypto companies for ROI's.
Wrong you are an idiot and have the same retarded idiotic mind set as all the other noobs here.

Wow for a second I wasn't taking you seriously, that is until you used that big, bold font. Both intimidating and impressive.

these are not suppose to be startups or companies'
How old are you? Do you have any idea how business is done?

you are suppose to be here to help contribute to getting an open source decentralized crypto currency adopted
I'm sure the crypto world would be worth 140 billion if there would be no companies involved and literally everything would be decentralized, no devs, no exchanges, everything is free for everyone lol dumbfuck

If you're talking about the devs/company, than yeah that part is centralized, but guess what, eth/btc/... every single coin you ever heard of has centralization dumbass, coins don't appear out of nowhere

You really seem angry and frustrated and I literally have no idea how my comments could have made you like this, so I'm guessing you had a pretty bad childhood. Did your uncle touch you on your weewee when you were a child?

Yes.

imusify
  FacebookTwitterTelegramRedditANN  ❱ MediumGitHubYouTubeLinkedIN 
Award Winning Blockchain Music Platform
                                                                                                                     Backed By NEO

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
 ▗██▘                                        ▝██▖
██   █▌            ▐███▄▄                       ██
██                 ▐█▌ ▀██▄▄                    ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌    ▀▀██▄▄                ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌       ▄███               ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌   ▄▄██▀▀                 ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌▄███▀                     ██
██   ▀▘            ▐██▀▀                        ██
 ▝██▄                                        ▄██▘
   ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Explainer
Video
hajimasan

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 06:22:54 PM

I see a lot of people that do not bother to read the paper,
I try to do max due deligence before buying any coin.

What about you?
Personally i never read about the ICOs white paper like things but i makes better throughout analysis to make the surity that the coin will jump easily .
Here most of the time i made the investigation that what was the history of the coin ( pump and dump and fluctuations reason ) .
And team of the coin and what is the experience of the team for the coin devlopment and growth in the market .
And the another thing that i seen that what is the activities of the coin's owner and team because to make the coin and then launch and stop work for that coin is not a better way to make publicity of the coin so in that case coin's will go down easily .
So for me ICOs white like things not a matter , but still the future of the coin depends upon the team of the coin not on the future plans that already mentioned before the launching .
Here all things should be made ( investment like things ) us until we make ourselves sure that the project is better or not according to personal opinion of analysis .
coingrow

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 06:29:36 PM

I don't understand why you have asked thsi question even. I cannot stress upon that how important it is to read into a whitepaper. I always read the whitepaper and look in the team that is behind the project. If I can't understand the whitepaper and explain it to someone is plain english, I skip investing in that project.

emberbekas
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 06:41:07 PM

What about you?

White paper is a gateway to know how such project will be handled. The main idea is in there and it can give us a rough prediction about its future. There are more stuffs in white paper other than that which we can use to make decision before we decided to invest on the project.

ikilledcobain

Activity: 446

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 06:43:49 PM

To be completely honest with you - It depends.

If it's an ICO and I'm spending my own hard earned cash then you'd better believe I'm reading the whitepaper, looking at the Devs, checking the pulse of the community, etc.

If it's not an ICO but an airdrop (Not the question, I know) - then I'll jump right in and catch up on the details later. Once the whitepaper is posted and I have an idea what the community behind the coin is then I'll decide if I'm going to hodl or flip it for btc.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
Anonymous and Untraceable
ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord 

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
bamboylee

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 06:59:28 PM

What about you?

If you want to know what you are investing into, then you have to read the whitepaper, road maps and know the developers involved in the project. Otherwise, you might be investing in a complete trash and you do not know it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: