Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 04:26:34 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are ICOs scam?  (Read 5410 times)
Bay_Harbour_Butcher

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 03:31:35 AM

it is very difficult to determine if the ico is a scam project or not, so it should be analyzed in advance about the ico project, from whitepaper, road map, to team profile

finaleshot2016
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1007

Degen in the Space

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2017, 03:37:09 AM

I just joined an ICO, is there any possibilities that I will be scammed. They have just collected $5-10 million.

you can read the ann thread or the white paper of the ICO. Through that, you will able to read about the project that they created. Check also the official website if they are aiming for something or not. You can easily determine if an ICO is legir or not. Have some senses that will help you to discover better ICO's, Goodluck!
cramblimp

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 03:44:20 AM

I just joined an ICO, is there any possibilities that I will be scammed. They have just collected $5-10 million.

If you want to join in ICO just read first their Campaign and observe. Many people saying ICO is a scam. You can see their manager if it is always active and approachable one then if yes, I'm sure that is not a scam. But I think here in this forum there are few scam.
MiBambino

Activity: 644
Merit: 252

IMUSIFY - Award Winning Blockchain Music Tech

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 08:56:42 AM

Theres also a big difference in scam ICO's and unsuccesful ICO's. Sometimes the devs are doing everything they can, but the product still doesn't live up to the heights

imusify
  FacebookTwitterTelegramRedditANN  ❱ MediumGitHubYouTubeLinkedIN 
Award Winning Blockchain Music Platform
                                                                                                                     Backed By NEO

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
 ▗██▘                                        ▝██▖
 ██                                            ██
▐█▌                                            ▐█▌
██   █▌            ▐███▄▄                       ██
██                 ▐█▌ ▀██▄▄                    ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌    ▀▀██▄▄                ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌       ▄███               ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌   ▄▄██▀▀                 ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌▄███▀                     ██
██   ▀▘            ▐██▀▀                        ██
▐█▌                                            ▐█▌
 ██                                            ██
 ▝██▄                                        ▄██▘
   ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Explainer
Video
danbitcoin1

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 09:19:27 AM

Most of them are over valued, if you tried getting those sorts of sums from a bank they'd laugh u out the door

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
Thymoty

Activity: 372
Merit: 100

CPLAY Network

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 09:21:41 AM

according to my scam no, but the possibility of his project failed to get investment targets or they could run away, outside there are many clear ICO with a professional team, just choose in ICO where you want to get involved

▀■ ■ ▀▄      ▀ ▀ ▄ ▄██      ► C P L A Y - IDO       ██▄ ▄ ▀ ▀▀      ▄▀ ■ ■▀
ONE ECOSYSTEM FOR ALL YOUR CRYPTO NEEDS
|        App Store        |           Wallet           |        Adstation        |        2FA Shield        |
Dannaey

Activity: 468

Experience the Future of DeFi

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 09:40:06 AM

ICOs are not actually bad. They may provide fair and lawful investment opportunities. You as an investor should be cautious in considering an investment in certain token. You should exercise due diligence before investing in ICO. The best way to protect yourself from being victim of a fraudulent ICO is to investigate as thoroughly as possible before you enter in a fundraising project.

Wingo

Activity: 686
Merit: 107

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 11:27:44 AM

There are many ICOs that are considerably scams. Just ask people if it is legitimate or not. Also read their whitepaper. I think only 1-5% of all ICOs are legit so pick the right choice to not waste your time and effort.
Bitmedrano040117

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 01:24:58 PM

There are some ico that are good anyway, especially if the campaign manager who will manage it has a good reputation in this industry like Sylon, Aviruness, Jamalaezaz, Irpan, Yahoo, and woshib those ico that they managed always became successful most of the time.
langlamobile

Activity: 192

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 01:42:05 PM

There are some ico that are good anyway, especially if the campaign manager who will manage it has a good reputation in this industry like Sylon, Aviruness, Jamalaezaz, Irpan, Yahoo, and woshib those ico that they managed always became successful most of the time.
when i invest my money to any ICOs , i will read whitepage and research project , important is dev team behind  .

then i will invest 20% first exchange .

███  ████     BAANX  |  The Cryptobank Revolution     ████  ███
▬▬▬  ►  ▬▬▬  ANN  Whitepaper  Telegram  Facebook  Twitter  Medium  ▬▬▬  ◄  ▬▬▬
PRE-SALE IS OPEN!  ▬▬  Register for 100BXX!  ▬▬  Subscribe to our NEWSLETTER
Hafas Rama

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 04:15:00 PM

if the sales when ICO reaches the target may be ICO will be successful and will not be scam.
but if ICO is not successful it might be off and scam.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄     
    ▄████████████████████▄   
  ▄████████████▌ ▀███████   
  ████████████     ▀████
   █▄
   ▐█████████   ▄▄   ▀▀   ███
█▄   ███████   ▐███▄     ████▌
██▄   █████   ▐██████▄ ▄██████
████   ▐██   ▐███████████████▌
 ████▄     ▐████████████████
  ████▄    ▄████████████████ 
   ▀████▄▄████████████████▀ 
     ▀█████████████████▀▀   
        ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀  
WPPENERGY
World Power Production

INNOVATION LEADERS IN THE GLOBAL
    RENEWABLE ENERGY INDUSTRY

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄     
    ▄████████████████████▄   
  ▄████████████▌ ▀███████   
  ████████████     ▀████
   █▄
   ▐█████████   ▄▄   ▀▀   ███
█▄   ███████   ▐███▄     ████▌
██▄   █████   ▐██████▄ ▄██████
████   ▐██   ▐███████████████▌
 ████▄     ▐████████████████
  ████▄    ▄████████████████ 
   ▀████▄▄████████████████▀ 
     ▀█████████████████▀▀   
        ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀  

INQUIRE
━━━━━━━
Futureblnr

Activity: 154

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 08:12:10 PM

If I may know, what ICO do you follow?
Usually, the cheat ico is when he disappears when ico has finished.

What does it mean 'they disappear'? How could it be possible?
Onimushi (OP)

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 04:10:30 PM

Maybe they are referring on developers leaving their tokens for good. Take their money then leave the coin. I've been seeing 1 satoshi shitcoin values in YoBit and maybe those are the coins that are dead for good. No devs, no community with investors money stocked in a 1 satoshi coin that they can never recover unless some whales started pumping that shit.
Futureblnr

Activity: 154

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 07:54:49 PM

Maybe they are referring on developers leaving their tokens for good. Take their money then leave the coin. I've been seeing 1 satoshi shitcoin values in YoBit and maybe those are the coins that are dead for good. No devs, no community with investors money stocked in a 1 satoshi coin that they can never recover unless some whales started pumping that shit.
Ok, I see... So to avoid this situation you need to do very deep research on people who are launch this ICO, their product, their industry
nightwishx

Activity: 900
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2017, 07:58:14 PM

I can not give you an accurate explanation of the ICO you follow, but sometimes you also have to consider many things before you follow ICO. like what projects they run, how they view and who the team is doing. I think those three things are one of the success factors of ICO. with that you will not get scam anymore.

SiiGLe

Activity: 161

ICO Live! betterbetting.org

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 08:05:23 PM

Unfortunately we are seing more and more scams each day. This is a great economy with so much profit potential so it's normal to see scams. To avoid them you need to be careful while chosing one to invest. Analyze them deeply before making your investment in an ICO.

BetterBetting          Betting Currency of the Future
TOKEN SALE  ❱❱  December 15th, 2017
██████████     FACEBOOK     |     TWITTER     |     TELEGRAM     ██████████
Eternu

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 08:12:51 PM

I do not thing that ICOs are scam. So far i never heard that some one has been scammed. But it would be wise to do a bit of research before investing in anything. I think there are some really good ICOs out there, it is only up to you to find what you want and which is best for you. At the end, i guess the only question is will it succeed or not. Chose wisely.
cotton ball

Activity: 1288
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 09:14:31 PM

I do not thing that ICOs are scam. So far i never heard that some one has been scammed. But it would be wise to do a bit of research before investing in anything. I think there are some really good ICOs out there, it is only up to you to find what you want and which is best for you. At the end, i guess the only question is will it succeed or not. Chose wisely.

Uncontrolled speculation is the basis of every ICO, they only offer projects that may not have been all-time-tested. The risks are huge but all can be overcome by escrow participation in their sales. This year many ico are responsible, if they do not touch the soft cap then the funds will be refunded back to investors. I never thought about the possibility of scam because I just think of it as a lottery.
Nerman

Activity: 364
Merit: 107

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 10:15:44 PM

I heard that there are some ICO scam but of course there are a lot of legit ICO. Some of the coins just fail for some reason. The best thing to do is always research who released the coins. Check what are their plans in the future and how will they differ from the other coins in the market.
MintCondition
Legendary

Activity: 1147
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 10:39:34 PM

Uncontrolled speculation is the basis of every ICO, they only offer projects that may not have been all-time-tested. The risks are huge but all can be overcome by escrow participation in their sales. This year many ico are responsible, if they do not touch the soft cap then the funds will be refunded back to investors. I never thought about the possibility of scam because I just think of it as a lottery.
Some ICO's were not totally scam they just failed in reaching even their soft cap, they indeed return the investor investment. Sometimes those potential project that are much interesting failed due to the high requirements on getting their cap ans too many ICO to decide where we can invest.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: