Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 03:02:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are ICOs scam?  (Read 5410 times)
hammo

Activity: 493
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 10:50:26 PM

Some ICOs really pure scam but some ICOs are legit. You should check their advisor and team member.
lobo13hf

Activity: 2268
Merit: 507

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 11:04:07 PM

I do not thing that ICOs are scam. So far i never heard that some one has been scammed. But it would be wise to do a bit of research before investing in anything. I think there are some really good ICOs out there, it is only up to you to find what you want and which is best for you. At the end, i guess the only question is will it succeed or not. Chose wisely.

Uncontrolled speculation is the basis of every ICO, they only offer projects that may not have been all-time-tested. The risks are huge but all can be overcome by escrow participation in their sales. This year many ico are responsible, if they do not touch the soft cap then the funds will be refunded back to investors. I never thought about the possibility of scam because I just think of it as a lottery.
There's still scams around, a project that doesn't intend to show the profile of their team often turning out to be a scam. better to avoid this one.
and also, check their whitepaper, If the whitepaper is not just pile of nonsense words, pretty sure that it's worth investment, otherwise, big no.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
gustavroy

Activity: 450
Merit: 122

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 12:39:09 AM

i like 5-10 milloin hardcap ICO's the big project doesnt't give profit to their participants in the short term but lower the 10 million hardcap ICO's can be 2x 5x 10x easily
Hesaplar

Activity: 403
Merit: 250

Pre-sale - March 18

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 01:05:31 AM

We can't say icos are scam but most of it seems scam these days. Ico means initial coin offering so every project that related to blockchain technology can make their own ico. That doesn't necessarily mean ico will be a scam. There are a lot of legit icos.

deepcryptomine

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 01:12:03 AM

Well SEC charged two ICOs for defrauding the investor today.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/sec-charged-two-initial-coin-003107769.html

I couldn't find any Ann thread of those ICOs so wondering if someone from this community invested in it.
Wong Goblog

Activity: 310
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 03:11:47 AM

We can't say icos are scam but most of it seems scam these days. Ico means initial coin offering so every project that related to blockchain technology can make their own ico. That doesn't necessarily mean ico will be a scam. There are a lot of legit icos.
Yes it is true, and the fact that I experienced was a large profit when I invest ICO. I'm so glad because invest when ICO being the easiest way to get a huge profit. For example is when the Pre-ICO Populous World I invest around 10 ETH and if sold now I can get up to 350 ETH.
bongiu

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 03:23:23 AM

The posibility is quite low depending on the reputation of the team, the project behind the ICO and many other factors.
mohucool

Activity: 220
Merit: 101

Radix-The Decentralized Finance Protocol

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2017, 03:24:44 AM

Yes there are a lot of scams but there are good ones too, you have to research deeply and figure out which is real and which is fake.

R A D I X   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   The Decentralized Finance Protocol
█████████ GET TOKENS █████████    Facebook      Telegram      Twitter
The Radix DeFi Protocol is    SCALABLE SECURE COMMUNITY DRIVEN
Sarah08

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 04:49:00 AM

Their are alot of scams in the ico's but for me not all the ico's are scam, we just need to be careful in what we are joining ico's, and i believe that if we have research and know our doing we can prevent from being a victim of scam, so we just need to be alert and careful. And also we just need to deeply figure out what is real or fake.
Blake_Last

Activity: 518
Merit: 278

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 10:48:13 AM

Like the others said, not all ICOs are scams. However, if you want to avoid getting scammed by the fraudulent ones, then you need to know everything about the ICO you are investing in. To tell you honestly, it's really hard to say if an ICO is a scam or not, except, of course, if you're going to do a full background check of the ICO's nook and crannies, that is, examining the people involved or behind the ICO, checking if they have budget escrow, and finally, it's not a run of mill project or in other words, it's not just a plan but they are really working for the project to happen.

Kr-sama

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 11:28:26 AM

I just joined an ICO, is there any possibilities that I will be scammed. They have just collected $5-10 million.
There is always a possibility that it may be a scam. You just have to be more vigilant when choosing an ICO to invest on these days. But not all of the ICOs are scams, most of them are still legit.
Ricche

Activity: 81
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 11:29:26 AM

Don't know about this. Sorry!
MiBambino

Activity: 644
Merit: 252

IMUSIFY - Award Winning Blockchain Music Tech

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 12:15:37 PM

I just joined an ICO, is there any possibilities that I will be scammed. They have just collected $5-10 million.
There is always a possibility that it may be a scam. You just have to be more vigilant when choosing an ICO to invest on these days. But not all of the ICOs are scams, most of them are still legit.

also a failed ico isn't a scam, a scam is where they raise money for a nonexistent product

imusify
  FacebookTwitterTelegramRedditANN  ❱ MediumGitHubYouTubeLinkedIN 
Award Winning Blockchain Music Platform
                                                                                                                     Backed By NEO

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
 ▗██▘                                        ▝██▖
 ██                                            ██
▐█▌                                            ▐█▌
██   █▌            ▐███▄▄                       ██
██                 ▐█▌ ▀██▄▄                    ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌    ▀▀██▄▄                ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌       ▄███               ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌   ▄▄██▀▀                 ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌▄███▀                     ██
██   ▀▘            ▐██▀▀                        ██
▐█▌                                            ▐█▌
 ██                                            ██
 ▝██▄                                        ▄██▘
   ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Explainer
Video
deppil

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 04:57:04 PM

I do not thing that ICOs are scam. So far i never heard that some one has been scammed. But it would be wise to do a bit of research before investing in anything. I think there are some really good ICOs out there, it is only up to you to find what you want and which is best for you. At the end, i guess the only question is will it succeed or not. Chose wisely.

Uncontrolled speculation is the basis of every ICO, they only offer projects that may not have been all-time-tested. The risks are huge but all can be overcome by escrow participation in their sales. This year many ico are responsible, if they do not touch the soft cap then the funds will be refunded back to investors. I never thought about the possibility of scam because I just think of it as a lottery.
is there any ico that uses escrow for investor funds invested in their project? can you give me excample where is that ico ? of course it will reduce a little risk on ICO investment right ? I just found out if there are ico using escrow services to store their crowdfunding. but what if escrow also do scam lol?
ashu711

Activity: 115

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 05:43:43 PM

All ICO not scam. I participate in a new ICO car-taxi (CTX) which is just completed its pre-ico and I already received this month dividend in my ether wallet and ico sale will start after 2-3 days. If you do proper study and make due diligence and proper study, you get good profit from any ICO.

╭═══════════════════   PETLIFE  ═══════════════════╮
│   Blockchain in veterinary medicine  │
╰════════════ FACEBOOKTWITTERTELEGRAM ══════════════╯
johnwest

Activity: 1106
Merit: 503

BabelFish - FISH Token Sale at Sovryn

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 06:30:24 AM

All ICO not scam. I participate in a new ICO car-taxi (CTX) which is just completed its pre-ico and I already received this month dividend in my ether wallet and ico sale will start after 2-3 days. If you do proper study and make due diligence and proper study, you get good profit from any ICO.

Everyone has to research before investing into an ICO. The team and their background, the ideas and roadmap and lastly the quality of whitepaper and website. Its not that hard to find a scammy ICO.

.USD Stablecoin Aggregator.                                              ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀█
                                            ▄▀      ▄
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      █        █
          ▄▄▀▀▀             ▀▀▄▄    ▀▀▄   ▄▀       █
  ▄     ▄▀ ▄▄▄▄         ▀▄      ▀▀▄▄   █  █       ▄
▀ ▀▄ ▄▀  █ ▄▄ █         ▀ ▄        ▀▀▄█▀▀        █
█ █▄ ▀ ▄█ ▀▄▄▄▄▀   █  ▄    ▀▄        ▄          ▄▄
█ ██               █  █     █   ▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▄          █
█ ▀ ▄▄            █   █   ██▀▀▀     ▄ █▀▀▄       █
 ▀▀   ▀▄       ▄▄▀  ▄█▄▄▀▀  ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀ █    █      ▀
         ▀█▄▄▄▄▀ ▄▄▄▀         ▄▀▀▀  ▄▀      ▀▄     █
               ▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▀          █    ▀
                                               ▀▀█▄▄▄█
.BabelFish.█▀▀▀▀▀▀
█      ▀
 █        █      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  █       ▀▄   ▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀             ▀▀▀▄▄
  ▀▄       █  █   ▄▄▀▀      ▄▀         ▄▄▄▄ ▀▄     ▄
   █        ▀▀█▀▀        ▄ ▀         █ ▄▄ █  ▀▄ ▄▀ ▀
   ▀▄▄          ▄        ▄▀    ▄  █   ▀▄▄▄▄▀ █▄ ▀ ▄█ █
   █          ▄▀ ▀▀▀▄▄   █     █  █               ██ █
   █       ▄▀▀█ ▄     ▀▀▀██   █   █            ▄▀▄ ▀ █
  ▄█      █    █ ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀  ▀▀▄▄█▄  ▀▄▄       ▄▀   ▀
  █     ▄▀      ▀▄  ▀▀▀▄         ▀▄▄▄ ▀▄▄▄▄█▀
 ▄▀    █          ▀▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀
█▄▄▄█▀▀
.FISH token sale at Sovryn.████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
cahtreber

Activity: 87

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 06:32:58 AM

There are a lot of scams out there so you better watch out. You need to read alot whitepaper, team backgrounds so you can make decision but nothing is guaranteed
Akash1243

Activity: 392
Merit: 257

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 07:01:01 AM

Not all ICOs are scam but large number of ICOs are scam that was one of the main reason why China banned ICOs.The number if ICOs which are good and not fake is very very less so it better to watch where you are going to invest as you would regret if it were a scam.The real ICOs works very hard but these scam ICOs has really gave bad reputation to all ICOs.But if you are experienced and has a good knowledge about ICOs and stuff then it is very profit in short term I think.
demsybtc

Activity: 72
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 07:32:07 AM

There are many ICOs scams out there in the market currently due to its lack of due diligence during the process. However no doubt, there are many good ICOs with very brilliant ideas available in the market too. Need to identify which are the ones that are worth and trustworthy enough to buy, look through their white paper, look into forums, telegram chat discussion. The thing is, today if i set up an ICO, after the period ended, if i run away with the money, due to the decentralized nature of crypto, nothing much can be done.
vfrcbv911

Activity: 238
Merit: 144

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 07:36:03 AM

In my opinion, now on the market really are a lot of crooks, but that's okay. The cryptocurrency market is too young and ICO especially. A huge number of fraudsters is not surprising, and will continue until the market starts to adjust.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: