Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 02:08:04 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are ICOs scam?  (Read 5410 times)
hah

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 05:53:20 AM

From what I noticed a lot of brand new accts holding ICOs can be scams. One of the best way to find out of an ICO is a scam is try calling them on a phone or ask them a bunch of questions. Scammers normally won't like giving out a lot of information about themselves. There are some ICOs that are "legit" in the sense they don't run off with the money, but they might not produce what they said they will or simply too incompetent to do the project. Basically they take your money and buy time until the project loses hype or dies off completely.

nambunamba

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 06:29:52 AM

I just joined an ICO, is there any possibilities that I will be scammed. They have just collected $5-10 million.
its so unfortunately for you. in my opinion ico is not a scam. ico is a new way to develop the business by gathering or seek a support from people by funding the money that will be use to doing the project. the investors will be payed back by the token or coin that can be used in the platform with particulat advantages. so ico not a scam. maybe this kind of thing still new and this kind of way still on developing.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
dogeeeeeeee2

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 06:33:43 AM

I saw many ICOs already , the percent of success in ICO is only 20% , but if you hit the right one, your profit will be x10 times. So that explains why many people are still investing in ICO even most of them are scam projects.
leynylaine

Activity: 322
Merit: 15

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 12:21:05 PM

NOT All ICOs are scams. If you joined one there will be a slight chance that the one you joined is a successful one. Just read their portfolios and white papers for more information about their project if you want assurance and safety.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
Alex_Zi

Activity: 476
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 12:40:37 PM

Not all ICOs scam. You you try you can find good technological project withoun infi hipe, but that can give you a good profit.
If you are not sure in investment by youfself, you can try join to some strong cryptofund.

orion_tera
Copper Member

Activity: 47

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 12:50:36 PM

Some are scams, some are money laundries, but many of them turn out to be a legit crowdfunding project. Some of the legit ones are bound to fail but others are going to succeed and build value.
dcvmarvel

Activity: 71

Truegame

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 01:54:59 PM

I just joined an ICO, is there any possibilities that I will be scammed. They have just collected $5-10 million.

If you feel you might be scammed, then you need to check it. Whats the ICO name? You need to do research and check if the forums have mentioned it anywhere.

hisuka

Activity: 882
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 02:03:44 PM

If you feel you might be scammed, then you need to check it. Whats the ICO name? You need to do research and check if the forums have mentioned it anywhere.
There is might a possibility that Ico will be scam, if they just collected a huge amount of money and at the end they will suddenly disappeared. As we know still there is ico a legit ones in this case if in doubt research should always do.
FDC1412

Activity: 140

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 02:07:55 PM

I think it will all come down to how they are actively recheck and record the activities of the members specially if the update is weekly. You can also check it if the community that you have joined are full of outstanding admin and manager.

shiningstar

Activity: 420

Qravity is a decentralized content production

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 02:19:38 PM

There are possibilities of scam, especially if most of them just a whitepaper project, meaning only a project with idea without working product. But you shouldn't be worried if you invested in a famous one because usually they are legit. There are a lot of icos that haven't release their product yet after a long time but there are also some with great dev that keep progressing onto their roadmap.

PowerSEOService

Activity: 36

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 02:24:00 PM

They can turn up to be scam, all of them.. if the blockchain technology fails to provide a future and be integrated in our everyday lives.

Without it ICO`s are worthless..
liuka

Activity: 836
Merit: 585

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 02:29:11 PM

i might say the ICO is Scam if you don't qualify in their KYC
even you  joined in their bounty campaign.
and you wont receive the token that you earned in the campaign.

KYC is needed in ICO right now, do not to join in ICO if do not have a KYC is the best choice.
KYC and Escrow is an important to see that before joined.
TonyFat

Activity: 448
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2017, 02:30:31 PM

never ran into scammers ICO

..WOWSECRET..
Innovative Content Platform
..WOWCOINTWITTERTELEGRAM..
yunuzov

Activity: 464
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 02:55:57 PM

ICOs were not scam before and there are still some good projects out there you can safely invest your money but number of scams are getting higher each day. You need to be very careful before you decide to participate in one of them. Analyze them well and read everything about the ICO and of course don't forget to check the team behind ICO. If they all seems real and trustworthy you can invest.

loaddebitcard

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 03:03:41 PM

Well, somehow, yes they are. There are not so many guarantees for investors comparing to IPO
ravedien

Activity: 76

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 03:06:12 PM

If you research enough you will see its not a scam, just like a stat up project that need funding. But be really ady to lose the money you put it in, if you didnt research a lot. Many ico right now are somewhat sketchy
hheight

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 03:14:06 PM

There's a lot quality ICOs. And it's not so hard to identify them: read the company policy, learn about the team, look for useful information about it on the internet.
jhcrypto

Activity: 76

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 03:19:58 PM

IF you have earned money from them, then they are not scams.
Taskford

Activity: 2576
Merit: 799

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 05:01:26 PM

I don't think that ICOs are scam because if you want to invest in good or legit ICO then don't invest to the projects that have an anonymity and not a transparent project because transparency is the best thing to have in a project so you can do more research to verify if those people are a good for their position on the project.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Aljohn08

Activity: 84

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 05:03:34 PM

It depends some are legit and some are not ..  If the company promise but its sound like too good to be true , if the admin/manager are lazy  be aware .. If the program or there articles are  nonsense dont buy there tokens.. Its hard to earn money so choose wisely you can use your common sense to determined whether it is or not. If there are transparent in there program and aervice then grab it but if its anonymity then think about it if you want to risky your money in that ICO
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: