Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 06:32:38 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: would you live in a country that use bitcoin as official currency?  (Read 5242 times)
xaxistech

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 04:58:09 PM

Just like all the other people said, it would be difficult because of the volatility, imagine if you have to pay 0.001 for a coke, and bitcoin is at $4000 so it will be worth $4... but you want to buy it tomorrow and bitcoin is at $4500, so the coke is going to be $4,5. The only way to make it possible is to adjust the price in bitcoins to usd value. But it is a good idea, but it will take years for people to acostumbrate to it if it happens.

▄▄███▄▄
     ▄▄███████████▄▄
 ▄▄███████████████████▄▄
██████████████████████████
  ▀▀██████████████████▀▀ ▄▄
      ▀▀██████████▀▀ ▄▄████
          ▀▀█▀▀ ▄▄█████████
             ▄█████████████
             ██████████████
             ██████████████
             ██████████████
             ██████████████
             █████████████▀
             █████████▀▀
             █████▀▀
             ▀▀▀
Brickblock.io
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║

▄▄██▄
              ▄▄█▀▀  ██
          ▄▄█▀▀      █▌
      ▄▄█▀▀   ▄▀    ██
 ▄▄▄█▀▀    ▄█▀     ▐█
██      ▄██▀       █▌
 ▀▀██▄███▀        ██
     ██▀▀█▄▄▄     █▌
      █▄  ██▀▀▀█▄██
       █▄█▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▄████████
    █████▀▀▀▀
   ▐████
   ▐████
████████████
████████████
   ▐████
   ▐████
   ▐████
   ▐████

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀
████▄         █████████████▀
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄                  ▄▄▄
█████▄             ▄██████▄
█████████▄        ████████████▄
██████████▌▄     ██████████████
██████████▌▐█  ▄█████████████▀▄█
██████████▌▐██▄▀████████████ ███
██████████▌▐████▀██████████ ████
██████████▌▐█████ ███████▀▄█████
██████████▌ ▀█████▄▀████ ███████
██████████▌   ▀▀████ ██▄████████
▀█████████▌      ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████████
   ▀▀█████▌             ▀▀██████
        ▀█▌                  ▀▀█
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
Sanugarid

Activity: 1442
Merit: 153

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 04:58:40 PM

would you live in a country that use bitcoin as official currency?
assume that you're living there and get paid also in bitcoin. do you think it's possible to live in a country when one day the currency go up or down in 20%?

Of course! We all know that bitcoin is a digital currency and based on my experience when using bitcoin in some transaction and we always have the best experience. And I think it would be amazing to have a life with that because some of my earnings are all in btc so I think I would rather spend it all there.

no3051

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2017, 05:12:46 PM

I would not.Because its transaction is too late and expensive.
Sohailul

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 05:21:57 PM

My country still not use bitcoin officially. So it is the main problem. If our country accept bitcoin so our work become very easy. But my country not use bitcoin officially. We really hope that our country will support bitcoin.
CyNotes

Activity: 199

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 05:45:46 PM

assume that you're living there and get paid also in bitcoin. do you think it's possible to live in a country when one day the currency go up or down in 20%?
Yes, I want to live a country like that and bitcoin as official currency used. It's okay with me of they pay me in bitcoin. I think all people live there are rich and has innovative life. There's always advantages and disadvantages of using bitcoin. We always avoiding long confirmation and this is one disadvantages of bitcoin.

「   B e a x y   」   THE ALL-IN-ONE CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
[ WHITEPAPER ]               Instant Deposit                   24/7 Support                    Referral Program               [ LIGHTPAPER ]
ANN THREAD     ●     BOUNTY THREAD     ●     FACEBOOK     ●     TWITTER     ●     TELEGRAM
kijaki

Activity: 41

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 05:55:38 PM

I would really enjoy living in a country that uses bitcoin. It could be another currency as well, but it would definitely improve the daily life. I agree with the others, that bitcoin may be to expensive due to the transactions fees.
shannen8

Activity: 56

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 05:56:39 PM

No.Because there is no certainty of the value.I think it will cause misleading in our economics because of its big changes of value when its drop or up.
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 06:34:54 PM

I don't think it's possible that a country would have fixed prices in Bitcoins. For example smartphone XY for 0.1 BTC. However it is possible that the prices would be pegged to US dollar or other fiat and the price in bitcoins would change every minute according to the exchange rate.
I can imagine this in a smaller country, island for example. And the country needs to be progressive and high-tech because everyone would need to adapt, even saleswoman at the market who sells fruit, she would need to accept payment in bitcoin.

Wondering if would be possible to create one or more stable Cryotocurrencies and pegged Bitcoin price to them instead of the dollars. Would love to see such country independent of fiat to serve as perfect model for others to copy.
Hutalar

Activity: 420

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 10:06:03 PM

it's just impossible to have a country that use bitcoin as an official currency. since bitcoin is a crypto currency that runs around the internet. the thing that is possible is a country that uses a coin similar to bitcoin. like uno coin of india but it's not their official currency.
I am waiting to hear this news very much anxiously. I am very much positive that thing will happen in any country in the very near future. As far as living in that country is concerned, I personally will love to live in the country where Bitcoin will be used as official currency. I think this will be the best place to live at that time.
slyfox

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 11:04:40 PM

No, bitcoin is not ready for that yet, bitcoin needs to activate the lightning network and then wait and see if it works if it does then I could think of the possibility of bitcoin being used in my country as the official currency of the nation.
colvis

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 11:12:31 PM

No i will not because the lost we be very high, when you do any transaction of bitcoin for anything some transactions charges will be paid which when put together is a reasonable amount of money.... so living in a country that make use of Bitcoin as official Money is will not favour me at all.
Melquart

Activity: 168

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 11:20:23 PM

I think it's a dream for every bitcoin holder. But i don't think this is practical  now because of bitcoin high volatility.

senne

Activity: 1078
Merit: 507

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 11:21:35 PM

Living in a country where use of bitcoin is legal will be best thing because at some point we all have a doubt that government might ban use of bitcoin and we will never be able to use it as official currency as then banks will also deny the conversion in the local currency and so on. But getting paid in bitcoin and no other currency then bitcoin could be problem because of its volatile characteristic, so Bitcoin being legal with local currency is a measure government should adopt for their citizens.
nicster551

Activity: 896
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 11:23:52 PM

it's just impossible to have a country that use bitcoin as an official currency. since bitcoin is a crypto currency that runs around the internet. the thing that is possible is a country that uses a coin similar to bitcoin. like uno coin of india but it's not their official currency.
I am waiting to hear this news very much anxiously. I am very much positive that thing will happen in any country in the very near future. As far as living in that country is concerned, I personally will love to live in the country where Bitcoin will be used as official currency. I think this will be the best place to live at that time.
Yes its a good idea but some people didn't afford it because the bitcoin transaction are only works in online and most of the people didn't afford it that's why it is prefer to have an fiat money in different country in order to have a fast transaction in the country.
CryptoClown

Activity: 261

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 11:36:22 PM

Thinking about this now, I don't think I am not able to live in a country where official currency is Bitcoin. Why? Because it isn't stable. If its value always goes up and down, what will happen in the future? My risk appetite isn't in the stage yet where I can trust my children's future to Bitcoin. I want something that has a solid value, something that I can put in my pocket and spend anytime and doesn't involve transaction fees and an internet whenever I use.
dylanc

Activity: 243
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 11:48:32 PM

I don't see any reason why not. If you're uncomfortable with the volatility in value, you can always convert and keep your assets in USD, for example, or any other currency.
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 02:33:32 AM

I don't see any reason why not. If you're uncomfortable with the volatility in value, you can always convert and keep your assets in USD, for example, or any other currency.
Yes, why not. It is a beautiful country if they will are accepting bitcoin only because that is why we are working here in bitcoin because we want something good from it and that is to use it on buying things and if we are patience enough, we can have a lot of bitcoins where we can fully use in a country that accept bitcoin.
Shinigami78

Activity: 34

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 01:45:09 PM

whether that might be the case, btc is a virtual currency that each meni can change depending on the exchange rate, the country will be difficult to set up a fluctuating payment system at any time.
nethan1btc

Activity: 574

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 02:03:50 PM

Living in a country that use as bitcoin to a official currency is a difficult to adjust. I think bitcoin as currency is a also nice idea but we all know that price of bitcoin is not stable its value fluctuates daily. I think it will accept as currency but not official currency and it is not suitable for daily use to purchase good, and services.Nowadays bitcoin has been circulating worldwide but not yet legalized in some countries.

webmastax

Activity: 280
Merit: 108

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 02:12:29 PM

It's amazing to use bitcoin anywhere but i don't think bitcoin is ready to be official currency for any country because of its high volatility.

K O N I O S        |│        The World's Most Secure Cash & Crypto Platform
[   PRE-ICO  |  LIVE   ]      [ AIRDROP | LIVE ]      [    ICO  |  May 1st    ]
WHITEPAPER                       TWITTER                       TELEGRAM                       ANN THREAD
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: