Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 04:48:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: would you live in a country that use bitcoin as official currency?  (Read 5242 times)
megynacuna

Activity: 756
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 08:51:38 AM

would you live in a country that use bitcoin as official currency?
assume that you're living there and get paid also in bitcoin. do you think it's possible to live in a country when one day the currency go up or down in 20%?
a country should have an official local currency but if there is such a territory it seems rather risky because of the changing currency value. I think with the many users of cryptocurrency especially bitcoin it would interest if lived in a place like that.

It will be risky  for the merchants and the business community in such a country and so living there will be a problem even if you have a greater stock of bitcoins because the prices could be changing per the fluctuation of bitcoin and it will be terrible feeling to ealize the next day that what you bough  for an amount you could get  a double or a triple of that the next day for the same amount.
nagatraju

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 04:48:45 PM

I don't think that this is a good idea...bitcoin looks more like an asset than a currency for me...I feel good using bitcoin in this sense
StarofBTC

Activity: 1148
Merit: 528

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 10:21:30 AM

Being a digital currency,  I would say no, due to the challenges attached to it as a result of the internet usage
The digital currency is now very famous and all the people are trusting the digital currency I know now that as much as the bitcoin will get famous the bitcoin price and the worth will get high and the bitcoin price will increase so this is the time to have the valuable bitcoin and for sure the coming time is the time of the crypto and the digital currency so I know the bitcoin and the income of the bitcoin will increase more and more.
gustaf.berg

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 10:25:13 AM

I would like for that to happen but there might be some modifications. first the country must make a wallet (semi decentralized) that you can send money from your country to country with no fee or small fee. like what we have here on the philippines we are using coins.ph

good point to touch mate. wif we can send our coins with little amount of fee (or no fee is better), that sounds like a grat idea to live in that country.
Python2.5

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 10:30:53 AM

If that were possible as long as I can buy my food and the necessary things to live, I do not see why not.
xbl1008

Activity: 322
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 10:41:14 AM

assume that you're living there and get paid also in bitcoin. do you think it's possible to live in a country when one day the currency go up or down in 20%?

If this happen what have you been discussing in regards to the fluctuation of price might be not possible when a country level is using a single crypto currency because the level of adaptation is reach and opposition to the usage will relatively becomes low that the acceptance will prevail over the opposition.
Latviand

Activity: 1540
Merit: 219

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 10:47:18 AM

Wel if that happen i just might accept it. Try something new because life is too short to focus in one thing. I imagine if that happen maybe its a less hassle because the ciuntry that bitcoin is payment and as an official currency the country is im sure that is modern and have a high technology i jist want to try it. I think it must a good life in this country
manatadecoco

Activity: 34

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 11:06:45 AM

It can't be used as a currency, so something which will be different
justspare

Activity: 1022
Merit: 538

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 08:41:03 AM

currently bitcoin can not be used as currency in my country but in my country already have official office of bitcoin, hopefully bitcoin can be fully used in my country and become trigger of bitcoin increase
No it is not possible for any country indeed to replace their own national currency with the crypto assets. This is because their nature is decentralized and hence the price is dollars is entirely dependent upon the investment and shares in this market.

Any currency with such a high rate of volatility could not be used by the countries for the official setup. All that is possible is the use of bitcoins openly in a country and without any ban.
katarin2030

Activity: 406

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 09:15:41 AM

Absolutely yes, Usually the payouts in campaign's are delay but its ok as long as the value is very high and the job they are producing is consistent. There are some country that are using crypto currency in their transactions like buying goods, One of the example is dubai, Some of the restaurants over there are accepting bitcoins.
I think it's bit difficult, because as we know bitcoin is a digital money, so in all the areas or fields digital currency is not accepted in such places we need fiat money.
mark_salcedo618

Activity: 41

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 09:18:23 AM

Yes, definitely I would live in a country that bitcoin is used as a currency because its easy to transact using bitcoin and the value is not stable as if I will have it stored for a long time. The value will increase.
ruben0909

Activity: 120
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 09:19:42 AM

Bitcoin is a asset for me not currency because of the fluctuation and lack of law thats impossible.
UCHCHILD

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 09:26:16 AM

If you mean to have a bitcoin on daily expense then it is very good then, and I can live with it, as long as I can spend it to my daily expenses then that would be great. How I wish i can spend it here in physical market in my  country, because as I know there were some merchants that really accept bitcoin in some others country.
sheamus10

Activity: 560

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 09:43:17 AM

for now my country still not inaugurated the currency digital bitcoin, but if it will be unveiled will surely there is regulation for use of bitcoin this. I strongly agree for some reason, one of them bitcoin make traksaksi clearer because the world crypto there technology that called blockchain.
JohnHero

Activity: 168

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 09:44:19 AM

You are asking "Do you want to be rich?" If there would be a country that addopts bitcoin before any other nations, then bro, that's the best deal you can get.
rayymat

Activity: 112

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 09:45:35 AM

no , in pakistan it has no place in official currency
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 09:51:19 AM

As long as I am able to get a good full time job, I will be more than happy to move to this country. But there are some concerns though, such as crime rate, taxes, capital gains, individual liberty.etc. In my own country (Singapore) I don't face much trouble in using Bitcoin. So I am not that desperate to move to another nation. But still, if Bitcoin becomes official, it will be a very attractive option.
Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2017, 09:56:23 AM

Well if bitcoin is used as an official currency, it will be no different than the paper money that we are using now! The transaction fee for every transaction can be treated equivalent to the taxes that we currently pay. In essence things will be same even if bitcoin becomes the official currency of any country! Smiley But then again only time can tell what will really happen Smiley
kinzey

Activity: 254

Blockchain with solar energy

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 10:02:05 AM

I agree with zalfa. Btc as a currency wouldn't be efficient. You either save up or trade and transfer btc to your wallet and cash out  your earnings or savings. Time frame for approvals is also a factor why its hard to make btc an actual currency. Everybody can use it but just not for daily use.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  [     CRYPTOS⚫LARTECH      ]  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
  White Paper     ||   BLOCKCHAIN & ENERGY FOR A BETTER WORLD   ||     One Pager 
Telegram      Facebook      Twitter      [[     TOKEN SALE is LIVE     ]]      Medium      Youtube      Reddit
feiss

Activity: 155

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 10:18:40 AM

Yes, that would be amazing because nowadays we use digital currency as payments and to buy other materials online. It is now easy to pay the bills online using digital currency. The country that uses cryptocurrency will also became successful because the more that uses bitcoin the more it will be in demand the more the price will increase every day. So we can live in an easy payment life and other things that uses online payments.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: