Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 02:35:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you find your ICO's ?  (Read 3093 times)
MiBambino

Activity: 644
Merit: 252

IMUSIFY - Award Winning Blockchain Music Tech

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 06:51:37 PM

choosing ICO it is important not to forget how many tokens the developer keeps to himself and whether the emission of new tokens
That number is only important if the number of tokens they are going to keep to themselves is very high I remember reading that UNIKOIN backed by Ashton Kutcher and Mark Cuban plan to keep 80% of the coins to themselves and yet they wanted to raise like 100 million that means that out of the gate they earn 400 million dollars, and that in my book is a huge red flag.

celebrity endorsements are a red flag to me too

I also think that a good project does not make sense to spend money on celebrities, it's better to invest in the project itself

Exactly, these are financial services, not coffeemachines or perfumes lol

imusify
  FacebookTwitterTelegramRedditANN  ❱ MediumGitHubYouTubeLinkedIN 
Award Winning Blockchain Music Platform
                                                                                                                     Backed By NEO

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
 ▗██▘                                        ▝██▖
 ██                                            ██
▐█▌                                            ▐█▌
██   █▌            ▐███▄▄                       ██
██                 ▐█▌ ▀██▄▄                    ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌    ▀▀██▄▄                ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌       ▄███               ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌   ▄▄██▀▀                 ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌▄███▀                     ██
██   ▀▘            ▐██▀▀                        ██
 ▝██▄                                        ▄██▘
   ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Explainer
Video
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
goshay97

Activity: 223
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 07:07:18 PM

choosing ICO it is important not to forget how many tokens the developer keeps to himself and whether the emission of new tokens
That number is only important if the number of tokens they are going to keep to themselves is very high I remember reading that UNIKOIN backed by Ashton Kutcher and Mark Cuban plan to keep 80% of the coins to themselves and yet they wanted to raise like 100 million that means that out of the gate they earn 400 million dollars, and that in my book is a huge red flag.

I also think that a good project does not make sense to spend money on celebrities, it's better to invest in the project itself

LOL, I agree with both of you guys.  Sorry fact though is, a lot of people out there only want to buy something based on whether or not their favorite actor or sports figure wants/has it.  So, I can see the advantage in this situation.  By using their money to pay a famous person, they are really, really hoping to drive their coin up.
MiBambino

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 08:10:25 PM

LOL, I agree with both of you guys.  Sorry fact though is, a lot of people out there only want to buy something based on whether or not their favorite actor or sports figure wants/has it.  So, I can see the advantage in this situation.  By using their money to pay a famous person, they are really, really hoping to drive their coin up.

True, the average people always look for things they know and understand, when confronted with something they don't know or understand. If it helps people invest knowing an illiterate multimillionair boxer, who has been scammed out of millions before, invested in something, great!

imusify
                                                                                                                     Backed By NEO

Explainer
Video
wxa7115

Activity: 2716
Merit: 704

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 05:04:20 PM

is there a website that deals with international ico's?
There are many websites that deal with icos but I have never seen a website that specializes in international icos, you will have to make that effort yourself and research where the icos in which you may be interested are located, that is not really a great effort especially if we consider the effort you are going to need to do so you can know if the ico is a good one or if it is a scam.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
Shotz

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 05:33:16 PM

Some easy, first things to look for:

1 Detailed whitepaper
2 Well-known, talented development team
3 Good advisors
4 Community behind the coin

I read somewhere that unless you can find the real address of the founder then it is not worth the risk.

OriginalBankster

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 07:18:04 PM

and always make sure that a token is necessary and that it is a benefit if they do their stuff on the blockchain.
Nowadays the want to decentralize everything, recently i read about an ICO that want to store 3D-Data on the blockchain.
That is just stupid, it would take Terrabytes. It is not an improvement, it is a step backwards.
runio

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 08:28:10 PM

Pally ICO - tomorrow., small hard cap around $4 500 000, famous, team, it will be very quick ico..
Minotus

Activity: 236

Presale is live!

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 08:55:40 PM

Check their site, bounty campaign, facebook, twitter, slack and read their whitepaper.

BartS

Activity: 980
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 04:46:17 PM

What I find surprising is how it is possible those tactics work, are we not supposed to be the hardcore guys using bitcoin even if it is slow and expensive, how can a person invest in crypto this soon and not know anything about crypto, how can the people let themselves so easily influenced by celebrities, if we were talking about a celebrity which was known and had a love for crypto then I could understand, but Paris Hilton and other celebrities have nothing to do with it.
T.Stuart

Merit: 500

One Token to Move Anything Anywhere

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 06:19:49 PM

Check their site, bounty campaign, facebook, twitter, slack and read their whitepaper.

it is very important that the bounty does not allocate too many tokens, otherwise it will affect the price

███████████████▄▄▄                     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄                     ▄█████▀
████████████████████▄                ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄                 ▄█████▀
              ▀▀█████▄             ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄             ▄█████▀
                 █████▌          ▄█████▀ ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄         ▄█████▀
                 ▐█████        ▄█████▀     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▄█████▀
                 █████▌      ▄█████▀         ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
              ▄▄█████▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████████▀
████████████████████▀    ▄█████▀     ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▀
███████████████▀▀▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█▀
                                    ▀███████▀
                                      ▀███▀
                                        ▀
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
.◆ ◆ ◆ ONE TOKEN TO MOVE ANYTHING ANYWHERE ◆ ◆ ◆.
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
kamudd

Activity: 466

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 04:04:20 PM

just doing some research on some ico that is promising and also often sharing with some fellow investors. I'm sure by doing a lot of discussions with others we will definitely find our best ICO.

mastadonballs

Activity: 420

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 04:34:23 PM

Well, that is the fact, almost "potential" or "famous" or "promising" project are using this method to promote their project. Example recently, I know Centra is one of project used this method, they can invite Floyd Mayweather post a tweet about Centra ICO. And the result is this project completed hardcap very fast but the value of this token after listed on exchange also dumped fastly Grin
tech72

Activity: 427

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2017, 05:50:04 PM

1. Technology & problem that they are trying to solve (whitepaper)
2. Team
3. Roadmap
4. Total coin supply
5. Website design
6. ..and close my eyes.. try to imagine .. do people still need this kind of technology 5-10 years from now
7. The community

Buying Instagram followers from Zeru.com was a smart move. Real profiles, quick delivery, and an organic boost to my presence. Fantastic service, highly satisfied.
Zeru.com exceeded my expectations. Bought Instagram followers, and my profile skyrocketed. Genuine engagement, prompt delivery—best investment in my online presence.
Absolutely thrilled with Zeru.com. Purchased Instagram followers, and the results are phenomenal. Authentic growth, reliable service, and exceptional customer support. Highly recommend.
Zeru.com is a game-changer. Acquired Instagram followers, and my influence soared. Organic engagement, instant delivery, and excellent customer service. Truly satisfied with the results.
Zeru.com delivered real YouTube subscribers, skyrocketing my channel's success. Trustworthy, efficient, and effective. The best investment for content creators.
Incredible service from Zeru.com. The Instagram likes I purchased were delivered instantly, boosting my online presence. Highly recommended for influencers.
Phenomenal experience with Zeru.com. Bought YouTube views and witnessed instant growth. Authentic engagement, timely delivery, and top-notch customer service. Absolutely satisfied.
Zeru.com is a game-changer. Buying Twitter followers from them boosted my online presence. Authenticity, quick delivery, and stellar customer service – a winning combination for social media success.
Zeru.com delivers as promised. Facebook likes purchase led to enhanced visibility. Trustworthy, efficient, and a game-changer for anyone aiming to boost social media presence.
Zeru.com delivers as promised. Increased my Instagram views instantly. Quality service, quick results, and their team ensures satisfaction. A reliable choice.
Impressed with Zeru.com prompt service and genuine YouTube likes. Increased engagement and visibility have skyrocketed my channel's success. Highly recommend.
Buying Facebook followers from Zeru.com was a game-changer. Authentic profiles, quick delivery, and excellent customer support. Highly recommended for growth. 5/5 Stars rating.
Zeru.com exceeded my expectations. The TikTok followers I bought were high-quality, instantly elevating my content and giving my profile the attention it deserves.
Zeru.com delivers TikTok likes that matter. Genuine engagement, instant credibility, and a noticeable spike in my video views. An absolute game-changer.
Zeru.com
SocialMediaPanel.com is my trusted partner for social growth. Their SMM Panel, Social Media Panel, delivers authentic social media engagement, boosting my online presence effectively.
BartS

Activity: 980
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 10:47:45 PM

1 Detailed whitepaper
3 Good advisors

I read somewhere that unless you can find the real address of the founder then it is not worth the risk.
All of those are good points but one of the best is to just look and see if the project makes sense, sometimes I read white papers with so many buzz words that try to make it look like it is a very advanced project but when you get to the details you discover that  such a project does not need a blockchain, or it has a big competitor doing fine already, such a project is not necessary and it is probably going to fail.
WSDN

Activity: 493
Merit: 250

IDENA.IO - Proof-Of-Person Blockchain

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 02:19:39 AM

1 Detailed whitepaper
3 Good advisors

All of those are good points but one of the best is to just look and see if the project makes sense, sometimes I read white papers with so many buzz words that try to make it look like it is a very advanced project but when you get to the details you discover that  such a project does not need a blockchain, or it has a big competitor doing fine already, such a project is not necessary and it is probably going to fail.
I think besides reading whitepaper, watching the introduction video,... you should try to give to the devs some questions about their project. Their answers might help you understand clearly before investment.

▄▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄▄
           ▄▀▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▀▀▄
        ▄▀▀  ▄▄▀█          ▀█▀▄▄  ▀▀▄
      ▄▀▀ ▄▄▀    ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀    ▀▄▄ ▀▀▄
     █   █            ▀            █   █
   ▄▀ █  ▀▄▄                     ▄█▀  █ ▀▄
  ▄▀ ▄▀ █▄ ▀▀▀██▄▄▄       ▄▄▄██▀▀  ██ ▀▄ ▀▄
  ▀▄▀▀▄ ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀▄   ▄▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██ ▄▀▀▄▀
 ██   █ ██ ▀▄    ▀▄ █   █ ▄▀    ▄▀ ██ █  ▀██
 █  ▄█  ▀█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █   █ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █   █▄  █
█▀ █  █  █          █   █          █  █  █ ▀▀
 █▀  ▄▀  █▀▄        █   █        ▄▀█  ▀▄  ▀█
 ▄  █▀   █ ▀█▄      ▀   ▀      ▄█▀ █  ▄▀█  ▄
 █▄▀  █  █                         █  █  ▀▄█
 ▀▄  █   ▀█        ▄▄▀▄▀▄▄        █▀   █  ▄
  ▀▄▀▀  █▄ █     ▀█  ▀▀▀  █▀     █ ▄█ ▄▀▀▄▀
   ▀ ▄  ██ █▀▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▀▀     ▄▀█ ██ ▀▄ ▀
    ▀█  ██ █ █▀▄    ▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▀█ █ ██  █▀
      ▀▄ ▀ █ █ ██▄         ▄██ █ █ ▀ ▄▀
        ▀▄ █ █ █ ▀█▄     ▄█▀ █ █ █ ▄▀
          ▀▀▄█ █    ▀▀▀▀▀    █ █▄▀▀
              ▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀

I  D  E  N  A

Proof-of-Person Blockchain

Join the mining of the first human-centric
cryptocurrency

▲    2 6 8 0

N  O  D  E  S

██
                ██
                ██
                ██
                ██
         ▄      ██      ▄
         ███▄   ██   ▄███
          ▀███▄ ██ ▄███▀
            ▀████████▀
              ▀████▀
                ▀▀
██▄                            ▄██
███                            ███
 ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
  ▀▀██████████████████████████▀▀

D O W N L O A D

Idena node

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀        ▀▀█████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀███
███      █   ▄▄ █▀▄        ███
██▀      █  ███ █  ▀▄      ▀██
███       █   ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀█       ███
███       █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █       ███
███       █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █       ███
██▄      █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █      ▄██
███      █          █      ███
███▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄███
████▄                ▄████
▀█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▀
▀▀████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀

███

███

REQUEST INVITATION
███
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
███
dissgo

Activity: 182

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 08:13:14 AM

I used to check the info about coin from Team, roadmap, total coin supply and the community
MiBambino

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 07:07:32 PM

Recently I found out about Milkcoin simply because I had clicked on 'show unread posts since last visit' when trying to click on the 'new replies to your posts'. It's a great way to find brandnew announcements about ICO's, bounty campaigns, ...

imusify
                                                                                                                     Backed By NEO

Explainer
Video
saulzaents

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 07:36:54 PM

absolutely hype needed. if you have enough hype in a project you can make money. you can also learn from people how much a project is worth by people.
I m joining the telegram and other communication channels. people are what asking? what they are talking about and I follow who answers every question.there is a total of 9000 people in the telegram account of the recently announced QuantStamp project .. what is hype? and how can ? we see how this is done.  Who is in the team and go in search. LinkedIn profiles are very important in this regard. Do not be fooled by pictures. the pictures can be changed but the profiles do not lie.should not tell a lie. If there is a problem, you can see it very easily. I searched for people from LinkedIn profiles yesterday in the project called Micromoney. i am ask questions about the project and they all answered. and the profiles were really good. The GitHub codes are very important. If you have some code knowledge then your job is easier.

Koadharber

Activity: 1065
Merit: 510

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 10:16:46 PM

absolutely hype needed. if you have enough hype in a project you can make money. you can also learn from people how much a project is worth by people.
I m joining the telegram and other communication channels. people are what asking? what they are talking about and I follow who answers every question.there is a total of 9000 people in the telegram account of the recently announced QuantStamp project .. what is hype? and how can ? we see how this is done.  Who is in the team and go in search. LinkedIn profiles are very important in this regard. Do not be fooled by pictures. the pictures can be changed but the profiles do not lie.should not tell a lie. If there is a problem, you can see it very easily. I searched for people from LinkedIn profiles yesterday in the project called Micromoney. i am ask questions about the project and they all answered. and the profiles were really good. The GitHub codes are very important. If you have some code knowledge then your job is easier.
If you do have the code knowledge then this thing would really be easy for you same as you said.If you are really a wise and a kind of trader which on fast pace and keeps updated then joining these kind of groups would really give you the advantage since you would able to find out on where a certain community is interested on a certain project.You can assume directly that they are mentioning a particular coin then it would really be a potential candidate.
cotton ball

Activity: 1288
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 01:27:02 AM

I always see the momentum of btc fluctuations first, I only see ICO which has a good project in finance and insurance, besides it will enter the category that is not prioritized because it will be hampered by regulation or sales problem that is not successful with hardcap. This is just a personal choice because there are still many successful projects including tickets.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  

Jump to: