Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 04:24:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: AMC Has Again Increased its Future Hash Power: 5.651 TH/s Estimated.  (Read 4142 times)
kslaughter (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2013, 03:23:47 AM

That metric would be 24 hour volume (in BTC).

Yes

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kslaughter (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2013, 03:25:37 AM

Was going to say, that would be the one that made sense to me, and they're not #1 for that now.

No not #1 now, G.ASICMINER-PT dividends are due today, so its volume always goes up.
ThickAsThieves

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 03:27:35 AM

Was going to say, that would be the one that made sense to me, and they're not #1 for that now.

No not #1 now, G.ASICMINER-PT dividends are due today, so its volume always goes up.

How much of your recent volume is you buying AMC shares?
kslaughter (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2013, 03:29:29 AM

How much of your recent volume is you buying AMC shares?

Not much.
Mabsark
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 03:31:25 AM

Calculating the projected profit on today's difficulty is the only was to get an idea of what the profit might be.

I fully disclose that the difficulty may increase or decrease in the future and the projected profit is an estimate.

how about you assume something modest, like 15% difficulty increase per month?

How is that any better, what if something happen and the difficulty went down, nobody really know what the
difficulty is going to do.  Seems to me to just calculate it at what we know and make a disclosure that the
difficulty may go up or may go down in the future and these are just estimates.

You are a hideous human being. Name one reasonable indicator that difficulty will go down. On top of that, name one scenario where difficulty goes down and btc/usd rate doesn't go down with it.

Even if you could make reasonable examples, they would pale in comparison to the indicators that say difficulty will go up.

FOR EXAMPLE: IF YOU PUT 5.6TH ONLINE, GUESS WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO THE NETWORK DIFFICULTY...

Why is he a hideous human being?

I've been mining since the CPU days and know for a fact that difficulty can go down as I've seen it happen numerous times. It it becomes unprofitable for miners to mine, some will stop mining. For example, if all the GPU miners stop mining, do you think that will cause an increase in difficulty?
stslimited

Activity: 546

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 04:27:28 AM

lol a Vanautu IBC

this is actually pretty interesting since you can purchase mining equipment completely with bitcoins your IBC doesn't need a bank account I am assuming?
kslaughter (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2013, 04:32:25 AM

lol a Vanautu IBC

this is actually pretty interesting since you can purchase mining equipment completely with bitcoins your IBC doesn't need a bank account I am assuming?

Maybe not, getting one anyway.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 06:33:50 AM

Calculating the projected profit on today's difficulty is the only was to get an idea of what the profit might be.

I fully disclose that the difficulty may increase or decrease in the future and the projected profit is an estimate.

how about you assume something modest, like 15% difficulty increase per month?

How is that any better, what if something happen and the difficulty went down, nobody really know what the
difficulty is going to do.  Seems to me to just calculate it at what we know and make a disclosure that the
difficulty may go up or may go down in the future and these are just estimates.

You are a hideous human being. Name one reasonable indicator that difficulty will go down. On top of that, name one scenario where difficulty goes down and btc/usd rate doesn't go down with it.

Even if you could make reasonable examples, they would pale in comparison to the indicators that say difficulty will go up.

FOR EXAMPLE: IF YOU PUT 5.6TH ONLINE, GUESS WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO THE NETWORK DIFFICULTY...

Why is he a hideous human being?

I've been mining since the CPU days and know for a fact that difficulty can go down as I've seen it happen numerous times. It it becomes unprofitable for miners to mine, some will stop mining. For example, if all the GPU miners stop mining, do you think that will cause an increase in difficulty?
So have I. The difficulty isn't going to go down until it is MUCH MUCH (~1000x) higher than now, when sometimes first gen asics could become unprofitable. When GPU miners stop mining, there will be more than enough ASICs deployed to offset it.

Yes, the difficulty might go down by 1 or 2% a couple of times, but when you start looking at the long term the difficulty is going to go up up up.
Entropy-uc

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 12:41:02 PM

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one that sees the blatant scam that is AMC.

Weekly 'press releases' reporting on the owners bowel movements don't make a company.
Vbs

Activity: 504

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 01:40:28 PM

If someone would be so kind as to review my figures, I'd really appreciate it! Smiley

I did today some quick math on the investment return, might as well share it with everyone.

I considered only the hardware stated below and assumed a linear 20TH/month increase in difficulty, already starting "aggressively" (debatable Tongue) at ~178TH/s in june (bear in mind that at today's difficulty, 390GH/s would yield BTC491/month).

Div/share/month is based on the 40,000,000 split, with the accumulated BTC in the "Growth/Expansion Fund" also shown (minimum of 20M shares).

ROI shown for BTC5E-4 and BTC10E-4 share price, current share price is at ~BTC9E-4.

I'm expecting the numbers to get even better with announcements of even more hardware buys. Lets keep the "Growth/Expansion Fund" always depleted! Grin
mvidetto

Activity: 462

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 01:49:38 PM

If someone would be so kind as to review my figures, I'd really appreciate it! Smiley

I did today some quick math on the investment return, might as well share it with everyone.

I considered only the hardware stated below and assumed a linear 20TH/month increase in difficulty, already starting "aggressively" (debatable Tongue) at ~178TH/s in june (bear in mind that at today's difficulty, 390GH/s would yield BTC491/month).

Div/share/month is based on the 40,000,000 split, with the accumulated BTC in the "Growth/Expansion Fund" also shown (minimum of 20M shares).

ROI shown for BTC5E-4 and BTC10E-4 share price, current share price is at ~BTC9E-4.

I'm expecting the numbers to get even better with announcements of even more hardware buys. Lets keep the "Growth/Expansion Fund" always depleted! Grin

Increasing network power by 20 TH/s per month... Really accurate... Why can't people just use normal extrapolations like 15%-20%...
Entropy-uc

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 01:57:41 PM

You don't account for the huge demand for capital to build out the Avalon chips.  There won't be any dividends for a long time, or existing shareholders will be greatly diluted.  You need to show KC's cut of dividends, plus his reinvestment plans to be accurate.

Is AMC getting free electricity, bandwidth, space and support staff?  I think those expenses consume 10% of ASICMiner's dividends.  With much smaller scale, costs will be much higher.

Also there is no way the chips will come online in July.  Even if Avalon delivers on time, which would be very much out of character, building and debugging boards will take weeks at best.

Similarly, it is unlikely that you will see a full month of hashing from the 6 Avalons.  June is tomorrow and there are no Avalons so far.
Vbs

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 02:26:03 PM
Last edit: May 30, 2013, 03:07:51 PM by Vbs

Thanks for the input! AFAIK, reinvestment is coming from the "Growth/Expansion Fund" (>=20M shares) and selling of shares. The values for the "Growth/Expansion Fund" represent the available BTC for reinvestment from the 20M accumulated share dividends.

Looking better? Smiley

(Acc stands for Accumulated).
mvidetto

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 03:55:01 PM

Much more accurate, still a terrible investment b/c at current valuations it is worth 1/10 of asicminer.  I probably don't need to point this out but Asicminer is already proven and controlling more than 10x the network power that this company ever will.
Vbs

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 04:02:15 PM

Much more accurate, still a terrible investment b/c at current valuations it is worth 1/10 of asicminer.  I probably don't need to point this out but Asicminer is already proven and controlling more than 10x the network power that this company ever will.

Asicminer is currently yielding around annual 44-52%. https://btct.co/security/ASICMINER-PT > History.
auto2nr1

Activity: 350

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 04:07:16 PM

Please no more press releases like this. The next press release should be when the 6 Avalon's have been received and are up and running.
drdanishkhan

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 04:25:00 PM

they might as well release a statement

AMC is again increasing its FUTURE hash power : 10000TH/s Estimated   Sad

BTC tip jar 1LrwjfQ41DA9u8PLcQBLp7CueoWotdKshq
Caesium

Activity: 546

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 04:29:58 PM

Let them play in the sand. A few more useless press releases like this one and everyone will stop paying attention entirely, so that when they do have something useful to say, nobody will be listening.

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
kslaughter (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2013, 04:33:22 PM

Please no more press releases like this. The next press release should be when the 6 Avalon's have been received and are up and running.

You can bet, that I will do a press release on that.
mvidetto

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 06:25:13 PM

FYI it's not a "press release" if it's not released by the press.  It should be called a news manipulation for marketing scheming.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: