Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 01:38:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are you OK with Bitcoin being called a token?  (Read 3247 times)
Yanisumin

Activity: 648
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 12:45:18 AM

It doesn't matter to me whatever they call bitcoin. They can call it anything they want to call it. That's their opinion and we have nothing to do about that. As long as it wont affect it's price. But i think it's wrong to bitcoin a token because it's a digital currency which you can also buy something using it. But as long we benefits from bitcoin. It doesn't matter how they see it or what they call it. A token, a coin or currency. As long as they buying and using bitcoin, o don't mind that. But still they have to be educated about this.

I think what they are trying to point out is that some people misunderstood BTC if it is called a token.
For example : hey do you know the Bitcoin token
Man 2: I don't know about it man, is that some king of token in an amusement park?

So it is being misunderstood, but if you call it cryptocurrency, people will ask you what is cryptocurrency bro. And the explanation is on.

Like what Google have said:
a thing serving as a visible or tangible representation of a fact, quality, feeling, etc.

According to the meaning of it, BTC is suitable to be called a token, a token for the representation of the gold of the internet. It's a symbol that is saying : BTC token "The beginning of cryptocurrencies". Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
chickenado

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 01:05:49 AM

FAQ:
Why is this an issue?
Bitcoin is the proud leader, "tokens" are for the ETH Bubble Game. Calling Bitcoin a token is not even technically correct. That does matter to some people.

``````````````
OP

Popular use of the word "token", in this community, is/was related to "ETH ICO bubble things", not the creation of Satoshi known as Bitcoin.

BTC = Bit COIN not Bit Token
"...bitcoin closed Tuesday at $4,009 per token — twice its price in July..."
https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/news/2017/09/21/bitcoin-buyers-libertarian-bent-drive-prices-records/594971001/
The above is only one of way too many recent examples in the media.

Are you OK with Bitcoin being called a token?
Do you need to be sent to crypto re-education camp?  Cheesy
Other people called it a scam or whatever i will always believe in bitcoin that Satoshi Nakamoto founded.Even if it is named a token or a coin as long as it plays a very big role in the market today for its value that continue to rise that really doesnt matter.Bitcoin changes every persons life and financial status whose into this  business.Every individual focus on the profit and the benefit that it brings and not the name itself.What is most important for me is to learn  earn more knowledge on how to earn it to be enable to be financially free someday.
cleygaux

Activity: 656
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 01:42:38 AM

You can only named it as a token if bitcoin rely on other blockchain but bitcoin is the first to use the blockchain technology and have its own deployed blockchain so we cannot called it as a token because its not an asset of another coin. 
gulshan1

Activity: 630
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2017, 02:24:24 AM

Token is small word for bitcoin master coin and it will be insult to bitcoin to say a normal token. Bitcoin is a supreme power of all coin which help to all altcoin enter and run in the crypto market. But some people don't understand the premium value of bitcoin.

SATURN
Liquidity providerfor crypto markets Cross-chain Exchange & OTC trading Platform
────────  Facebook Twitter ♦  Telegram ♦  Blog ♦  Bitcointalk   ────────
jinksters09

Activity: 126
Merit: 16

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 02:28:40 AM

It's actually not an issue for me whatever they call bitcoin because for us believers we know really it's worth and value and we know what to call it as a currency, money, or another source of a fund which is actually contributing in our daily lives. Call them whatever they want because for them whatever they call it meaning that's how they see bitcoin and they don't know the real value of it.

mevmike

Activity: 294

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2017, 02:35:50 AM

for me it doesn't matter if someone will call bitcoin a token or a coin or anything else.
as long as i know what it really is then i am ok with it.
i won't be affected by their pronunciations since it wont affect bitcoins value after all.
or will it degrade bitcoin's capability.
Cheesy

﴾  ﴾  ﴾  ﴾  ﴾   GlodCoin   |  Electronic Currency |  Ethereum Blockchain   ﴿  ﴿  ﴿  ﴿  ﴿
› › › › ›  3D Virtual Shopping | VERIFIED And Secured  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
﴾  ﴾  ﴾   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE ﴿  ﴿  ﴿
arteezyy

Activity: 133
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 03:07:04 AM

It doesn't matter what they want bitcoin to be called. It does not change what bitcoin is and how bitcoin is helping me to earn money.

yojodojo21

Activity: 420
Merit: 171

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 03:19:51 AM

Coin, token, or any names that is use to call bitcoin is appreciated as long as a person acquire knowledge and wisdom to it. Some are affected because they are are just emotional, but, in the very point of it ethereum and bitcoin is both crypto/digital coin, I will not appeal to this issue because I know that bitcoin is leading than token ETH.

P.S. I call bitcoin as oxygen, any appeal and issue to that? Complain will be appreciated.
bribed

Activity: 238

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 01:23:44 PM

As "Coin" is even in the name of Bitcoin, I always refer to Bitcoin as a coin. Actually I refer to all Crypto that are a currency of some sort (own blockchain most of the time) as coin and I use the term token for other cryptos like utility tokens or equitity tokens, as they have another use case than that of a currency. I personally do this distinction, but I dont care much if other people do it or not. As long as I understand what is meant, Im alright with whatever terminology.
gutavo1dias

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 01:22:15 AM

I am not okay with Bitcoin being called a token because it's not that. A token is something that's redeemable later for something of real value. I would call altcoins tokens of Bitcoin actually
Bitcoinjheta

Activity: 798
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 01:32:44 AM

I am not okay with Bitcoin being called a token because it's not that. A token is something that's redeemable later for something of real value. I would call altcoins tokens of Bitcoin actually

It sounds bad for me that bitcoin or any crypto currencies being called a token. If prepare to think of them as a coins, currencies, money or cash to me. Because tokens are those things you can get from compaign program that you want to get points to exchange by a coins.
gutavo1dias

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 04:32:35 AM

how about you what do you want to called bitcoin donot offend mate, it doesn't matter what bitcoin called token or anything the important bitcoin have a beautifull future in crypto currency world in the digital currency and bitcoin have a good value, to help us to get good income and profits.
Palmholder

Activity: 224

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 04:46:23 AM

I am ok if someone calls bitcoin a "token". But in my particular mind "coin" means piece of metal which represents money but "token" is round object made from any material (metal, plastic, glass) which gives you some advantage (discount or subway pass). So I prefer to have coins obviously and call the bitcoin a "coin"

bitcad4u

Activity: 602
Merit: 255

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 04:53:30 AM

I am ok if someone calls bitcoin a "token". But in my particular mind "coin" means piece of metal which represents money but "token" is round object made from any material (metal, plastic, glass) which gives you some advantage (discount or subway pass). So I prefer to have coins obviously and call the bitcoin a "coin"

Bitcoin is a digital currency system it name call it as bitcoin wallet like that and it is fully online process like trading and mining and all so it call as token are not a problem to all it change like a token only a problem to us because it fully transfer digital currency to local currency and it too easy all currency to currency , compare currency to token is little difficult to change as currency it's take a time too.
Reid

Activity: 2870
Merit: 642

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 04:59:00 AM

It is the value that matters for me.
Although it is also good to have a wall between a coin and a token to avoid confusion for the people.
I think there is already a child board for altcoin tokens that also explains what is the difference between the two.
So we should also be careful about the terms we use right now.
Lyancy001

Activity: 126

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 05:42:34 AM

FAQ:
Why is this an issue?
Bitcoin is the proud leader, "tokens" are for the ETH Bubble Game. Calling Bitcoin a token is not even technically correct. That does matter to some people.

``````````````
OP

Popular use of the word "token", in this community, is/was related to "ETH ICO bubble things", not the creation of Satoshi known as Bitcoin.

BTC = Bit COIN not Bit Token
"...bitcoin closed Tuesday at $4,009 per token — twice its price in July..."
https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/news/2017/09/21/bitcoin-buyers-libertarian-bent-drive-prices-records/594971001/
The above is only one of way too many recent examples in the media.

Are you OK with Bitcoin being called a token?
Do you need to be sent to crypto re-education camp?  Cheesy

Of course, as long as they don't make it worst. Bitcoin may be a token, but in reality its making its way as a currency.
HoaNguyen

Activity: 238

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 05:50:12 AM

If anyone call Bitcoin is token, I will not care about them cause they don't have any knowledge about cryptocurrency Smiley). Altcoin called "token" cause all of them created base on other cryptocurrency blockchain. Bitcoin has it own blockchain so it's a coin not a token Smiley). There are a lot of people invest their money in cryptocurrency world but still don't know anything about it Smiley)

SamboNZ

Activity: 1064
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 05:50:12 AM

regardless of what they call it, either bitcoin or token, it will not change anything. for as long as it will have value then im okay with it.
bvg96634

Activity: 482
Merit: 117

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 06:05:39 AM

as i know generally bitcoin is not a token it is a coin. so that i am ok with calling bitcoin as coin only. there is no any history available about bitcoin as token.
reck1ess

Activity: 350
Merit: 30

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 06:10:29 AM

I don't really care of what they are being called. The real thing is it's value. Just as the saying goes don't judge a book by its cover same as bitcoin it maybe called by a name which represents a lower type of thing but it will not change its value.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: