Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 11:05:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are you OK with Bitcoin being called a token?  (Read 3247 times)
magz

Activity: 268
Merit: 100

World's First Chain Balancing Token (CBT)

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 06:10:39 AM

It is not a big deal for me whether others call it coin or token. As long as it has value, then I do not care.  Cheesy
Coin and token are very similar in nature, and each of us has its own perception. So it is up to us what we call it.

███ TWITTER WapSwap Finance WHITEPAPER ███
███ ANN World's First Chain Balancing Token (CBT) FACEBOOK PAGE ███
███ TELEGRAM AMM MEDIUM ███

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
robaya

Activity: 348

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 06:57:08 AM

I don't mind whether others called it as coin, as a token, or even as money. It's all fine for me. Bitcoin is bitcoin. Bitcoin had helped and supported us in many different ways. That's the point.
jam22

Activity: 198

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 06:59:43 AM

I don't care if the bitcoin will be called a token but at least it has a value.

lienfaye

Activity: 2912
Merit: 629

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 07:26:19 AM

Well i dont care. They can call bitcoin whatever they want but bitcoin will still remain bitcoin the well established coin and leading the cryptocurrency, they should know this fact. People calling btc as token has no idea about its history. What really matter is we users know the worth of bitcoin and enjoying the perks of having it while people who dont understand btc missed this opportunity.

abnoy

Activity: 286

Global Risk Exchange - gref.io

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 08:20:13 AM

i think its doesn't matter what they want to call in bitcoin im here to earn money in bitcoin

▐▐ █     GRE   ≣   GLOBAL RISK EXCHANGE     █ ▌▌
━━  ((     Whitepaper     |     ANN Thread     ))  ━━
Telegram       Medium       Facebook       Twitter       Github
Duogembrot

Activity: 476

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 08:36:51 AM

FAQ:
Why is this an issue?
Bitcoin is the proud leader, "tokens" are for the ETH Bubble Game. Calling Bitcoin a token is not even technically correct. That does matter to some people.

``````````````
OP

Popular use of the word "token", in this community, is/was related to "ETH ICO bubble things", not the creation of Satoshi known as Bitcoin.

BTC = Bit COIN not Bit Token
"...bitcoin closed Tuesday at $4,009 per token — twice its price in July..."
https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/news/2017/09/21/bitcoin-buyers-libertarian-bent-drive-prices-records/594971001/
The above is only one of way too many recent examples in the media.

Are you OK with Bitcoin being called a token?
Do you need to be sent to crypto re-education camp?  Cheesy

no, bitcoin is not suitable if the token is made, because bitcoin is the digital currency and as the core of the tokens, tokens are just fractions of the core coin, if you call the token you can call the existing altcoin based on the smart contract that produces a new coin and it's call tokens.
josephpogi

Activity: 434
Merit: 168

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 08:40:05 AM

FAQ:
Why is this an issue?
Bitcoin is the proud leader, "tokens" are for the ETH Bubble Game. Calling Bitcoin a token is not even technically correct. That does matter to some people.

``````````````
OP

Popular use of the word "token", in this community, is/was related to "ETH ICO bubble things", not the creation of Satoshi known as Bitcoin.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/news/2017/09/21/bitcoin-buyers-libertarian-bent-drive-prices-records/594971001/

Or course yes because this is not a fiat actually it called token because the value is volatile and more profitable than fiat money but instead of token it called digital currency so you need an internet to get this or you can convert it into fiat.
ngacengan

Activity: 504

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 08:48:51 AM

FAQ:
Why is this an issue?

``````````````
OP

if bitcoin is called token then it will not match, as you have described above bitcoin is coin not token if token must be its name bittoken, LOL, bitcoin is digital currency and become the core coin of all other digital currencies.
ipanks

Activity: 1610
Merit: 507

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 09:04:20 AM

I think I am not OK if bitcoin being called as a token because it will change the way bitcoin now. but if there are any new bitcoin that called as a token then I am fine with it. but as long as I can make my profit, then maybe I can accept if bitcoin as a token Grin but my perspective, token is not like a coin but maybe I am wrong here so I am sorry.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
cryptomato

Activity: 180

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 09:09:14 AM

as i know generally bitcoin is not a token it is a coin. so that i am ok with calling bitcoin as coin only. there is no any history available about bitcoin as token.

I really don't mind how it is called. Either token or coin. Most important thing for me is if I'm able to make my living with that or not.
Bruno77

Activity: 14
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 04:44:39 PM

I would not be happy about bitcoin called a token, bitcoin is an leader in this new age crypto world,
I would prefer BTC called a coin when mention about trading of value.
dvillier

Activity: 238
Merit: 57

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 05:11:33 PM

I would not be happy about bitcoin called a token, bitcoin is an leader in this new age crypto world,
I would prefer BTC called a coin when mention about trading of value.

The main thing is the value of the bitcoin in market and its high rising rate in the market too. If anybody call bitcoin a token or any thing other it doesn't matter to the user of the bitcoin, the main thing which matter most is the value of the bitcoin in the market. The high value will generate high inccome for , the name transfer will not effect you weather on positive side or other.
steven.spearman

Activity: 221

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 05:14:12 PM

I do not agree if bitcoin is considered a token, because bitcoin has its own platform and it stands alone. Token only uses smart contract to run, and it's very easy.

TriplexXx

Activity: 176

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 05:18:03 PM

No. Bitcoin is a currency, it should be called a coin while ethereum based assets are the ones to be called as tokens. 
patapon49

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 05:26:17 PM

It's always better than calling all crypto: bitcoin
GuardiollaJosep1259

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 08:23:43 AM

Bitcoin is a type of cryptocurrencies. But Token is kinda sort of a reward from bount campaign or stuffs like that. It is used to exchange to other types of crypto currencies.
Morgann

Activity: 420

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 08:34:46 AM

I dont really care about what bitcoin be called because bitcoin is already bitcoin. But if bitcoin will called as a token its ok because bitcoin build historic knowledge to all cryptocurrency investors.
Ulumorzki

Merit: 11

🤖UBEX.COM 🤖

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 02:53:55 PM

I don't care if what Bitcoin will call, a coin or token. The most important for me is that I'll earn because of Bitcoin, because this will help a lot for me financially. So I don't mind if what do you want to call Bitcoin.

▓▓▓█████████████████████████████░░           UBEX           ░░█████████████████████████████▓▓▓

▓██████████████████░░           Global Decentralized Advertising Exchange           ░░██████████████████▓

▓███░    • Telegram  • Facebook  • ANN Thread  • Youtube  • LinkedIn  • Twitter • Medium  • Reddit  • Github    ░███▓
markleal

Activity: 446
Merit: 13

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 08:59:49 AM

Hi there Real_Person! For me it is more necessary if the cryptocurrency and even alt coins be called coins rather than token. Coins sound great and is referring to a currency, it directly point to a decimal or small amount of value in a certain currency. Just what most of the average bitcoin holder, they hold less than hundreds of bitcoin thus coins is what I preferred most. However, when we say token, it could be a certain object that holds a meaningful value and we can’t directly see it as a currency.  Wink
webdevmastery

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 09:01:50 AM

Yeah its fine for me as long as the value will not change, Everyone who are interested in bitcoins is all because of its value and more people are investing in this coins again because of its value so it always depends on the the tokens value in the market.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: