Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 05:36:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are you OK with Bitcoin being called a token?  (Read 3247 times)
clickerz

Activity: 1414
Merit: 505

Backed.Finance

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 06:26:05 AM

Actually I dont really care what people are calling Bitcoin. I for my part know the difference between a token and a coin, but many people do not know and dont bother to learn the difference. So as long as I understand what people are trying to say Im okay with whatevery term they use. People on this forum arent representative for me. It would bother me though when people with bigger audience, like in tv shows or something, would call Bitcoin a token, bigger audience brings kind of an educational task with itself imho.

Same here, as long as it has value and acceptable in most stores I dont care. But I am already used  with bitcoin name just like its trade mark and it even cemented its dominance since it started. It is a mother of all cryptocurrencies  and to distinguished it from others, it must have its won identity.

Open for Campaigns

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
aoluain
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 1256

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 07:10:43 AM

I am 100% fine with bitcoin being called a token and in my mind that is
what it is. A tomen does not have to be something physical.
The word "bitcoin" is like a brand name so we can use both terms to
describe it.

A simple google search describes what a token can be >

token
/ˈtəʊk(ə)n/

noun

a thing serving as a visible or tangible representation of a fact, quality, feeling, etc.
    a voucher that can be exchanged for goods or services, typically one given as a gift or forming part of a promotional offer.
    an individual occurrence of a symbol or string, in particular:
    a sequence of bits passed continuously between nodes in a fixed order and enabling a node to transmit information.

adjective
done for the sake of appearances or as a symbolic gesture.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
shulc7

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 07:33:32 AM

I think it is okay to called the bitcoin as token because for me it doesn't matter on how you called bitcoin. For me identity is not important,we don't need to focus on what is the right terms or the right call for bitcoin rather we need to focus on how to use of bitcoin or what benefits that bitcoin will give to all of us that believe to it's power. Identity or called it's just a word and in fact we need to focus in defenition. You can call bitcoin anything you want but do not forget the real essens and function of bitcoin which is to change our life and to achieve all our dreams.

Really, the usual people do not know even this word - token. The call the main cryptocurrency Bitcoin. The guys, which work with crypto will never call BTC a token as it is at least weird.
bandungan

Activity: 798

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 09:17:24 AM

I agree more if bitcoin is called a coin, because tokens are more suitable for altcoin coins. so bitcoin must be adjusted as the name is bitcoin and not bittoken. this is a realistic thing,
anitaraymonds

Activity: 490

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 09:39:40 AM

It will not be good to call Bitcoin a token instead of the coin which it is meant to be. The bitcoin white paper gives an express illustration on bitcoin to be a coin and not a token. Ethereum has to do with token and Ether is not Bitcoin so token cannot be used for bitcoin. Tokenizing bitcoin will actually make bitcoin less quality. And again what is the name Bitcoin and it is not bittoken so it can never be.
biletskiy

Activity: 434

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 07:27:24 PM

I think it is okay to called the bitcoin as token because for me it doesn't matter on how you called bitcoin. For me identity is not important,we don't need to focus on what is the right terms or the right call for bitcoin rather we need to focus on how to use of bitcoin or what benefits that bitcoin will give to all of us that believe to it's power. Identity or called it's just a word and in fact we need to focus in defenition. You can call bitcoin anything you want but do not forget the real essens and function of bitcoin which is to change our life and to achieve all our dreams.

It is NOT a token, and only people, who do not know anything about Bitcoin can call it like this. I suppose we need to share more truthful information about BTC with the other guys.
bigbosma

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 08:07:10 PM

It doesn't really matter to me. But in fact, I rarely meet people who call bitcoin a token. And most likely, these people know little about cryptocurrencies in general. So I don't see any problem at all.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
rodskee

Activity: 2352
Merit: 191

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 08:16:12 PM

Not a big deal for me bitcoin calling token or coins
Only one thing i will know for bitcoin
Bitcoin is the new kind of money form digital currency so nothing can argue for this matter

Troysen

Activity: 476

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 08:21:21 PM

It doesn't make much sense that bitcoin is called a token, but it doesn't affect anything that a few people make mistakes, in the end, we are all learning from this new technology and we can all make mistakes, but for future references tokens are currencies that are based on other technologies, the most common are the ICOs that are based on the erc-20 ethereum tokens.
cxmyifan16

Activity: 377

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 09:10:24 PM

I don't understand why it is called so. I call btc just btc and that's it and don't hear any other names from my friends when they talk about btc. It doesn't matter how people call it as the main thing is its essence and pros

lepbagong

Activity: 2282
Merit: 121

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 04:32:24 AM

Whatever mention will be given to bitcoin does not affect what has been embedded in bitcoin itself, what is needed is that the value of a bitcoin is not the name.
but because it's used to bitcoin it will be difficult to change it

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
Sawadekub

Activity: 350
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 04:11:46 PM

I prefer not to pay attention to it. If the conversation is about different currencies (coins, tokens), then its doesn't matter. Of course, if we are talking about conversations from a technical point of view, it is important that all currencies are called correctly.
The forum can often be found different call for currencies, so just don't pay attention to it.
Naughty Princess

Activity: 952
Merit: 107

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 09:47:29 PM

people can call things whatever they like. they call bitcoin a "revolution", "get rich quick" and "to da moon",... others call it "ponzi", "fraud", "bubble",... and lots of things. none of them change anything about what bitcoin really is.

but it shows how poorly some people are educated. and how poor some of these articles are written by these poorly educated people.
Whatever they call about bitcoin, still it is the most popular digital coin which became the foundation of a crypto currencies and believe on the potential and benefits it bring in the market. It is not even a token, it is a currency which you can buy everything using it.  I am earning bitcoin and also spend it directly differently on what other think that it is a token.

Bountyhonter

Activity: 406

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2018, 10:02:26 PM

I have never come across a situation where people call Bitcoin a token but I've come across situations where they call other coins a token and I corrected them that it's coins on the etherium platform that are called tokens and coins that have their own Blockchain are called coins. But what people call Bitcoin doesn't really matter since it doesn't affect it's price nor functionality

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▃▅▆█ L E A D █▆▅▃▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
World's Simplest and Safest Decentralized Cryptocurrency Wallet!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ • STORE • SEND • SPEND • SWAP • STAKE • ▬▬▬▬▬▬
adjudicator

Activity: 281

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 10:21:49 PM

i do not really care about them calling it Token,Precious Metal,Food or whatever.
sometimes they might be misspelled it because of lack of knowledge or differentiation in their view with us.
some of them think it was not a coin but instead it was a token or something like that.
for example look at that media and the publisher Jon Swartz,
based on his past article,seems like it was the first time he created this topic.
and i am really sure he told us that Bitcoin in form of 'Token' because of drama happened in the Chinese.
banning the ICOs based on Ethereum aka Token.

I agree with you, because of the lack of knowledge of one person sometimes they just naming it the way they know one object, so it is not a good idea on having lack of knowledge on something. Today, searching it on google is an easiest way to know bitcoin and other things, sometimes we need to use it to clarify something.

DRIFE      Pre-sale: December 2018
████ BNEXGEN DECENTRALIZED RIDE HAILING PLATFORM ████
  ●●● Facebook ●● Twitter ●● Telegram ●● BTC ●● Whitepaper ●●● 
Bitfling

Activity: 602

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 02:00:17 AM

Its not OK for me when others call bitcoin as token. Bitcoin is cryptocurrency and token usually for security asset. Its huge different between coin and token. As coin, bitcoin not break any regulation
Escf4

Activity: 364
Merit: 3

GIGZI - INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 02:49:22 AM

There is nothing wrong and I am okey if others called bitcoin as token , the characteristic of bitcoin does not affect on what name it will be called , altcoins come from tokens but they are all cryptos , so even if it will be called token as long as the price value of it in the market will not change then it is still good.

GIGZI - INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT
www.gigzi.com
Opnsrc

Activity: 1064
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 03:05:58 PM

There is nothing wrong and I am okey if others called bitcoin as token , the characteristic of bitcoin does not affect on what name it will be called , altcoins come from tokens but they are all cryptos , so even if it will be called token as long as the price value of it in the market will not change then it is still good.

Oh, naturally, Bitcoin nature does not depend on the name of this cryptocurrency. Although it is not a token, it does not matter. Anyway people calling BTC token are simply guys without enough knowledge.
Ethan Argu

Activity: 340
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 03:30:21 PM

I think bitcoin could be called a token, but a token that has the highest price among other tokens. But that does not mean bitcoin has properties like other tokens, which is easy to get. If that happens then we'll all be rich, but that's bitcoin, how to get it is a bit harder than other tokens, and that's what makes bitcoin feel special.
I think bitcoin can be called a token because bitcoin is not a flat money it is just a virtual money. Not a real money but can use in any transactions online and using any medium of transaction.

REME-COIN ● Marketplace with up to 100% Cashback
▬▬ ● ● ICO (PRE-SALE) START: 2 MAY 2018 ● ● ▬▬ (https://www.remecoin.io/)
izay

Activity: 518

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 03:49:10 PM

I really dont know what's the difference of the terms token and coin here in crypto world. Can someone explain me what would it be? Just to make it clearer.

ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org
●          Mars, here we come!          ●
██ ████ ███ ██ ████ ███ ██   Join Discord   ██ ███ ████ ██ ███ ████ ██
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: