Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 10:25:10 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ZenithCoin (ZTC) Market Making Sustainable Crypto Currency  (Read 35722 times)
MaGNeT
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2013, 03:31:07 PM

I feel like the hijacked launch would be more fair than trying to restart things.

Letting it ride shows you weren't trying to tune in your setup or planning a major stash or anything shady.

What are your reasons at this point for wanting to start it over?

~richgene

A launch that is perceived to be fair is in the best interest of this coin.  

If some miners want to jump the line, well all I can say is that their coins aren't going to be valid if they tampered with the original source code.

You are not in control and/or relevant for this coin anymore; we took over.

Support this launch or start over with a new coin, it's your choice.
solracx (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2013, 03:38:04 PM

I feel like the hijacked launch would be more fair than trying to restart things.

Letting it ride shows you weren't trying to tune in your setup or planning a major stash or anything shady.

~richgene

If some miners want to jump the line, well all I can say is that their coins aren't going to be valid if they tampered with the original source code.

You and eagle should first pause your mining operations,  allow us to verify the binary and we can negotiate if the coins you have already mined are to be made official.

ZenithCoin - Sustainable Scrypt Based Crypto Currency
MaGNeT
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2013, 03:41:02 PM

~richgene

You and eagle should first pause your mining operations,  allow us to verify the binary and we can negotiate if the coins you have already mined are to be made official.

I'm mining PhenixCoin atm, so I already stopped mining Smiley I mined 534 blocks and got 10 for free in a giveaway.
And if you doubt the binary, compile and launch your own binary. I will run it in sandbox again and scan it anyway.

If you didn't want a launch, why did you release the source, create a genesis block and state the launch is at the first of june? Smiley

It's not that I worry about my 3 hours of mining and 534 lousy blocks that will never be worth a penny because of all the crapcoins that are launched atm.
It's the fact that you made a mistake by stating an already passed date, release the chain to public and then say "oh sorry, mistake, start over!".

Imagine if Satoshi would do that with Bitcoin...
m3ta

Activity: 435

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2013, 03:43:06 PM

The site has some funny tidbits.

One may make a strong case that allocating 50% of shares to miners to be actually overly generous.

Indeed! Miners should also invite "devs" to have dinner at their house, donate some blood to them and, who knows, offer their sisters or wives (make that a AND instead of OR to those truly dedicated to the "cause") as "development donations". </sarcasm>

Security will be built into the code to ensure an ability to charge back purchases within 24 hours.   The main purpose of this mechanism is to prevent coins from being stolen.

Here we go - reverse chargebacks, the Pandora's box of crypto currencies.

Why the frell so many retards spell "ect" as an abbreviation of "Et Cetera"? "ETC", DAMMIT! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Et_cetera

Host:/# rm -rf /var/forum/trolls
dellstreakone

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 03:46:19 PM

~richgene

You and eagle should first pause your mining operations,  allow us to verify the binary and we can negotiate if the coins you have already mined are to be made official.

I got abouyt 2037  blocks >..< and you want to start it again ?
MaGNeT
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2013, 03:54:04 PM

One may make a strong case that allocating 50% of shares to miners to be actually overly generous.

Indeed! Miners should also invite "devs" to have dinner at their house, donate some blood to them and, who knows, offer their sisters or wives (make that a AND instead of OR to those truly dedicated to the "cause") as "development donations". </sarcasm>

Security will be built into the code to ensure an ability to charge back purchases within 24 hours.   The main purpose of this mechanism is to prevent coins from being stolen.

That will be fun Cheesy
So if I pay you, and you pay another one, and that other one pays another one too and my first payment is charged back, will the other transactions be charged back too?

If they do: fail
If they don't: transfer coins to another wallet a few times and fail too
solracx (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2013, 03:57:18 PM

LOL. It is not good to hijack coin from the developer. Grin
Because coin without active developer is dead "a priori".

Agree, not sure why folks are still pushing this hijack idea.

solracx (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2013, 03:58:10 PM

That will be fun Cheesy
So if I pay you, and you pay another one, and that other one pays another one too and my first payment is charged back, will the other transactions be charged back too?

If they don't: transfer coins to another wallet a few times

You will have to wait for the details of how this is to be done.

MaGNeT
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2013, 04:03:40 PM

That will be fun Cheesy

It will be removed from the coming hardfork Smiley
solracx (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2013, 04:07:56 PM

That will be fun Cheesy

Enough of this 'hard fork' charade.    Thank you for test mining ZenithCoin.

MaGNeT
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2013, 04:12:31 PM

That will be fun Cheesy

ZenithCois not at testnet, it's a live coin and you are no longer in charge and / or relevant for it.

You started it but can't stop it, that's the power of crypto currencies and the only reason people have trust in it Smiley
solracx (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2013, 04:17:18 PM

That will be fun Cheesy

ZenithCois not at testnet, it's a live coin and you are no longer in charge and / or relevant for it.

You started it but can't stop it, that's the power of crypto currencies and the only reason people have trust in it Smiley

There are zero ZTC coins at the moment... All those coins are virtual and a figment of your imagination.  It is just like those guys who tried to sell the BTC testnet coins.

solracx (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2013, 04:19:39 PM

~richgene

Yes, you should read the details about the coin prior to mining.

richgene

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 04:22:41 PM

Honestly you should just ride with the blockchain as it is now or start a new coin.

Just pick a different name, ZenithCoin isn't the end all name. Call it MoonCoin, instead of using the sun in your pictures. Talk about how the tides and crap and you've already got your sales pitch.

ZenithCoin will forever be tarnished.

~richgene

MaGNeT
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2013, 04:24:48 PM

Yes, you should read the details about the coin prior to mining.

From your OP:

Launch Date June 1, 2013

http://www.zenithcoin.com

Like it on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/Zenithcoin

STATUS

7:57 AM EST  -  Currently generating genesis block for June 1st, 2013.   Proof of work will be Litecoin compatible.  Difficulty will start at 0.00024414.

I can read, so can others.
Can't even think of a reason why you want to restart, but you can't anyway.
dellstreakone

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 04:25:32 PM

So, is it a scandal ? i will call it "a scandal coin"  Grin
MaGNeT
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2013, 05:16:19 PM

Smiley
solracx (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2013, 06:04:44 PM

No scandal here.  Just a bunch of over zealous miners mining test coins and attempting to make a big deal about it.

MaGNeT
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2013, 06:06:20 PM

So, is it a scandal ? i will call it "a scandal coin"  Grin

No scandal here.  Just a bunch of over zealous miners mining test coins and attempting to make a big deal about it.

Launch Date June 1, 2013

http://www.zenithcoin.com

Like it on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/Zenithcoin

STATUS

7:57 AM EST  -  Currently generating genesis block for June 1st, 2013.   Proof of work will be Litecoin compatible.  Difficulty will start at 0.00024414.

Uhu, when you plan on not telling the complete truth, remove the evidence first Smiley

Besides that, you are not able to explain why you want to restart the coin.

It's working, people are mining it, it hashes away, you can still make adjustments in client updates, what's the problem?

And what do we have to expect from the "chargeback feature"?
solracx (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2013, 06:29:39 PM

Yes, the coin is working correctly.   We had corrected the networking issues that we had previously.

The current roadmap for the coin is published here: http://www.zenithcoin.com/?page_id=8

If you miners had not made modifications on the source code,  we would have been inclined to perform a staggered launch.

Anyway, water under the bridge.

Thanks for testing!

We will make official announcement for launch date and time soon.

Expect it to be over the weekend.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: