Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:22:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Removed [ANN]  (Read 3440 times)
kcb2

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 02:19:33 AM
Last edit: September 26, 2017, 09:11:54 PM by kcb2

Seriosuly, can 1 person explain  why my mom or dad would use this app? Doesn't seem like a real mass appeal thing.

Hi, I'm Kyle and I'm the Community Manager at Munchee. Let me take a stab at answering your question. Sorry for the long response in advanced.

With the Munchee App, we want to provide a service that allows its users to search for food/dishes easily. The Munchee app will focus on the food alone, taking bias restaurant reviews out of the picture. The Munchee app presents you with a scrollable feed of trending dishes from other users. If you are looking for a specific dish, i.e. steak, all you have to do is search for steak and it will provide photos of steak dishes from restaurants in the selected area (given that other users have posted reviews of steak related dishes in the area). Yes, everyone's taste is different which creates a bias in itself, but for the most part, when something taste bad, someone would let you know.

The reason for the Munchee App:
There are quite a few review based services out there that provide a lot of information, some necessary and some not so much. Most of the apps out today will present the user with a restaurant, the type of cuisine, price range and possibly a rating of the restaurant. After selecting a restaurant, it may present you with photos of dishes, reviews and other information. The downside to these services is that a lot of the reviews presented are affected by the reviewer's own personal experience (positive and negative). In short, a restaurant may have a 5 star dish, but because you see a 2 star review, it changes your perspective of the restaurant. In addition, some of the apps out there are also taxing when it comes to finding specific dishes you are looking for.

A personal example, a friend of mine went to a restaurant and became a regular patron (over time). On the most recent visit, he received bad service. They decided to write an extensive review and gave them 2 stars. However, he raved greatly on how well the dishes were despite the negative review. Because I saw that 2 star review (without reading the review itself), I grew hesitant to give the restaurant a try. But still curious, I, myself, went to that restaurant, did not have any problems with the service and yes, the food was great. I would've given them 4 or 5 stars after my experience.

Hope this helps. If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

The app is available on the IOS platform right now. We are happy to take any feedback that will help us develop the app to better suit its users.

Kyle

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
chelslam

Activity: 15

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 06:36:53 AM

Seriosuly, can 1 person explain  why my mom or dad would use this app? Doesn't seem like a real mass appeal thing.

You can find more details in our pitch deck here!
https://s3.amazonaws.com/munchee-docs/Munchee+Pitch+Deck.pdf

Cheers,
Chelsea
andrewjchapin (OP)

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2017, 05:44:34 PM

In response to some questions we've received on other channels, to make sure we put everything here as well: the Munchee bounty program will be announced today - hang tight!
chelslam

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 04:23:09 AM

Our Bounty  Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2215151.0  Grin Grin Grin
ashuramaya

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 01:29:56 PM

oke this looks interesting to me
but first before i join bounty program, from whitepaper, it looks like your pilot project will be in south korea, isn't it sir?
2018 ​- ​Q3
○ Begin development of Munchee Token Smart contract on Ethereum Blockchain
network- ​integration ​of ​MUN ​Token ​in ​Munchee ​App.
○ Launch user acquisition and marketing campaigns - focusing on the American
and ​Asian ​(piloting ​South ​Korea) ​markets ​while ​growing ​user ​base ​worldwide.
now please tell me how this ICO will work, if south korea government watch hardly for ICO funding?
and also, what will happen with another 45m token?
chelslam

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 05:50:05 PM

this idea is very cliché

It's actually not. Munchee looks to disrupt traditional restaurant review sites such as Yelp, FourSquare, Google Places, and Zagat, by introducing an immutable and verifiable blockchain-based user review process that is based around a crypto-token to incentivize ecosystem participants.
As you might know, Yelp has long been accused of review manipulation for profit purposes. With our peer-reviewed system, We aim to make the platform fairer and more transparent to every community member.

You can reference our pitch deck here for more details.
https://s3.amazonaws.com/munchee-docs/Munchee+Pitch+Deck.pdf
agng27

Activity: 280

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 01:01:42 PM

indeed very unique ideas every human creative
bring up ideas that have never been thought of before.
every day there is also a project with a unique idea with a useful purpose, with Concept A BLOCKCHAIN-BASED RESTAURANT I hope MUNCHEE will get success
gtsmmst

Activity: 226
Merit: 28

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2017, 06:17:19 AM

Best of luck Smiley Great project

=====
Premium Blockchain, Cryptocurrency and Ethereum (ENS) Domains for sale -  https://t.co/lEOYVQlC2Y
=====
Peterdav

Activity: 840

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 07:32:19 AM

Wow.. this's nice project, when munchee mobile app available in google playstore ? I think this app will attract a lot of interest if available in google playstore.
UAE Seasider

Activity: 700
Merit: 110

Helios Protocol https://discord.gg/cpzAEMB

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 09:01:26 AM

I am following this project closely and they are quietly going about their business at the moment building a steady base of users for the app and developing the blockchain side in tandem. They have a Telegram channel that gives regular updates and information on the project and there have been several news stories on the usual channels.

Your idea seems to have been 100% copied by Syncrolife? 

HELIOS PROTOCOL ★ ✅[DAG]✅[BLOCKCHAIN]✅[PoS]✅[Masternodes] ✈✈✈[weekly Airdrop][join our discord to qualify]✈✈✈
 ▬▬  Mainnet Launched  |  Parallel Blockchain  ▬▬ 
 ▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐ Website  |  Github  |  Bitcointalk  |  Bounties  |Discord  |  telegram▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐
andrewjchapin (OP)

Activity: 75

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2017, 05:55:48 PM

Munchee is mentioned in my Hackernoon post this morning: https://hackernoon.com/what-i-look-for-as-an-ico-advisor-26d854e93175
Gazylion

Activity: 98

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2017, 06:00:59 PM

I can't tell if this is stupid or genius. I will watch Lol
I support! It will be fun)

SirDanW

Activity: 16

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 10:31:44 PM

Hey! Exciting news! Munchee cofounder Chelsea Lam appeared on a podcast, called Coloring Crypto!

You can listen to it here:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/7-what-its-like-to-launch-initial-coin-offering-ico/id1291606679?i=1000393866578&mt=2
Buchi-88
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 2499

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 08:03:38 AM

Hey! Exciting news! Munchee cofounder Chelsea Lam appeared on a podcast, called Coloring Crypto!

You can listen to it here:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/7-what-its-like-to-launch-initial-coin-offering-ico/id1291606679?i=1000393866578&mt=2

German thread updated Wink Thx for the news.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
cryptopher1

Activity: 96

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 08:55:46 AM

Smiley Smiley Smiley this a very interesting idea, i don't know what to think of it but keenly watching. who has participated?
chelslam

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 09:04:50 AM

Smiley Smiley Smiley this a very interesting idea, i don't know what to think of it but keenly watching. who has participated?

Watch an review on our project and team: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PgbOMz2Q74!
You can also learn more about us at: https://blog.munchee.io/munchee-blockchain-heals-food-review-social-media-platform-fb981a176374
ICOnow

Activity: 324

Truth about ICO - ICOnow.net

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2017, 08:15:29 PM

Munchee ICO listed on ICOnow

http://iconow.net/ico-648/

ICOnow.net - ICO rating, analysis and listing
tommy256

Activity: 3

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 07:02:08 AM

This is the most ridiculous idea that I ever heard of. This ICO look completely like a scam, and this is also an insulting to any hard-working restaurant owner like me.

First, Yelp don't manipulate review. There is no way for restaurant owner to ask Yelp to remove bad reviews. The only way is to reply to the customer's bad review, explain to them and hope they remove it. That's it. I also got offer from Yelp to try their advertising program and the way they advertise is to show your page in better result when people search for it. They also display your page when people look at other page which is not your direct competitor. They do everything to advertise your page so people can click to go your page but they NEVER MANIPULATE ANY REVIEWS. We really want to bribe Yelp to remove bad review because some customer is just stupid and asshole but we can't.  Your assumptions clearly show that you guy don't know anything and don't even do your homework.

Second, how's the hell a decentralized platform can help to make review to be more true? People post review in Yelp and don't get any reward so their review is sincere. They review not by any motivation. They post positive review because they love us. It's not easy to get positive review in Yelp so it might take years to build the good review and reputation. Now, with your shitty product, there will be a lot of customers post review just to earn reward and the restaurant with bigger pocket can just bribe all of them to give fake reviews and build reputation in just one day. Have you ever imagined of that use case? Fake review come from the people, not from the platform or anything. We actually need a centralized platform to help validate review and remove the fake one, not decentralized. Stop using the word "decentralized" for everything until you guys fully understand the problem.

Third, no restaurant will accept that stupid MUN token ever. You guy don't know any shit about how the restaurant work. If we don't want to be charged any fee by the credit card transaction, we can ask for cash only just like all the Chinese restaurant are doing. Cash is the best because it can help to evade tax (now you understand why a lot of restaurant is cash only), no fee charged, and more important, it can be used to pay for expense quickly. All food supplier will accept cash but I doubt 0.1% of them will accept that MUN token. In restaurant business, the cash keep flowing so what we make today will be used to buy supply, pay for employee, pay bill and all other expense even within that day. Meanwhile, if I use MUN token, I have to convert them to Ethereum, send it to Coinbase and wait for several days to withdraw it. No restaurant business can suffer that slow liquidity. Moreover, credit card charge fee is not that much. If you spend some time research and shop around, you can get a good deal of just 2% charge with even POS support (Square is 2.75% and their support is terrible). Meanwhile, with the rollercoaster market of cryptocurrency, I'm pretty sure the total fee to convert everything to cash gonna also to the moon as well.

Last thing, I check the app activity and it seems dead. The app does not have any more download. You guy are just raising fund for a dead product. Seem obviously a scam to me. I'll report to SEC to watch you guys out.
baomtm

Activity: 2

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 08:15:05 AM

Why do you have to be so mad? Are you from Yelp or something? I think they're not a scam, so they don't have to worry about being reported to the SEC. I know that they also do the KYC for the buying process. I think this is an interesting project with strong team & advisors. Just read about it through a post from Steemit (https://steemit.com/ethereum/@kingscrown/lets-check-how-already-accomplished-kyber-network-is-doing-and-upcoming-munchee-ico). Let's see how it goes Smiley
TradingJazz

Activity: 3

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 10:07:59 AM

Wanted to buy tokens on the presale yesterday.
Gave them all my Data cause of knowyourcostumer.
And got a MUN contract address. Tried to create the token in Myetherwallet --> Not possible Angry
Tried to search for MUN contract address on Etherscan ---> The token is not even listed  Angry
I like the Idea but i didnt spent any ETH because of problems like this make the sale not trustful..

Is it a Scam or is there anywhere a working contract address?  Undecided
What have the Munchee Members to say? chelslam?
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: