Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 04:23:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Best and safest way to store passwords?  (Read 2199 times)
magiccarpett

Activity: 252
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 05:53:54 PM

you should make a word file and type different characters, numbers, symbols and store it on paper and a password manager like dash lane.
Champ1

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 05:54:54 PM

I use a simple notepad document on a laptop that I never connect to the internet. Literally has not wifi connection, I stripped it out.

CHANGE—First Global Crypto Bank | ICO |Discussion[/url
Nerman

Activity: 364
Merit: 107

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 05:45:22 AM

Hello

Does anyone know or can reccomend the best way to store passwords? Is there a program you can use or a way to encrypt a file with all your passwords on it?

Thanks
The safest way is to remember them  in your mind.

Yes I agree with this 100%, i only use 3 password on all my account and since almost all sites will allow you to try your password three times then if you forget it you could try all three. Do not use a program or any notepad on the internet. It is actually better to write it on a piece of paper and hide it.
cahtreber

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 05:46:18 AM

I use notepad and lock in with a password in a password archiver... it is not the fastest and safest but it works
Zocadas

Activity: 909
Merit: 508

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 06:03:14 AM

"Password safe" is a mobile password manager, that works offline. It generates a table (csv or excel), if you wish and you can print out. The app runs offline.
deepcryptomine

Activity: 392

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 06:19:45 AM

Don't trust any software for passwords. You can try to write them to paper. Yes its a old style but its the safest way to store passwords for big amount of money.
Ledger is suggesting to store seed to paper too Smiley

Thanks for sharing all the suggestions. I think I am going to use above suggestion from now on. So far I try to keep a different password for all the sites but it is getting harder to remember as I get older and number of accounts increasing.
microtaha

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 07:00:30 AM

LastPass Password Manager https://www.lastpass.com/

You can also store private-keys, or any important data or notes !
BUT the private key should be encrypted with passphrase  (if your private-key is stolen or otherwise exposed, the balance on the wallet is safe unless the passphrase used to encrypt the wallet is guessed.)
Mi5h0

Activity: 560
Merit: 273

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 07:42:40 AM

Using the same password (or variations of the same password) for every online account is a very bad idea. If any one of your passwords gets compromised, that puts all the accounts where you've also used it at risk. For example, LinkedIn, Yahoo and Amazon all experienced security breaches in the past, so if you used the same password for one of those and your online bank or credit card accounts, then your financial accounts are also at risk. To protect yourself, you should be using a different password for every account. If you only have a handful of accounts, then you can probably remember them. However, like most people, you probably have so many accounts that you will never remember them all.

So, that means that you should write down all of your passwords. Where will you keep that list? On paper? In your computer? Ideally, you should store it in a place that protects it from getting stolen. I have no idea what's best for you. Everyone's situation, needs, and budget will be different. I recommend using KeePass. It’s free Open Source software, easy to use and very secure with 256-bit encryption. It works similar to LastPass, but keeps the password database locally instead.
onyebuchi81

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 09:05:52 AM

i think the best way is the old school way writing on the back of three of ur most valuable documents.there are my reasons
sms =sms provider might go bankrupt
website =susceptible to hacking[remember wannacry?)
mail verification=hacking
Fundamentals Of

Activity: 2310
Merit: 366

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 09:32:48 AM

You may find so many other online and technology-based ways to store passwords. But all of them are still not that safe. You know why? There is risk of getting hacked. There is a risk of your PC or laptop or phone getting destroyed, or lost, or stolen.

And the only safest is a piece of paper and pen.  Wink
GazorpPozorpec

Activity: 294

Lead generation one-stop shop platform powered AI

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 10:14:06 AM

The best hiding place is one in which will not think to look. Store passwords on paper and you will be happy)

╔◎      TwitterBounty ┃   [WHITEPAPER]MediumFacebook      ◎╗
╠══════════◎════◎════◎    LeadRex    ◎════◎════◎═══════════╣
╚◎       RedditTelegram[ANN Thread]YoutubeLinkedin       ◎╝
Mi5h0

Activity: 560
Merit: 273

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 10:28:54 AM

<cut>

I suppose a piece of paper can not be destroyed, lost or stolen? Don't be silly!
How can that be safe, for example, in the area where strangers have full access like offices or other work spaces?

That's like having a personal PIN for ATM cards written on a piece of paper in your wallet. Grin
sasaku bitbit

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 10:45:32 AM

in my opinion, there might be some way to store passwords securely and best by means of recorded password because the password can be recorded as a reserve when we forget or lose then you should be able to keep your password do not let other people know about it anything will happen to you, so if this is the case there are other ways you can change your password immediately possible. Smiley
NoMar02

Activity: 180

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 10:54:00 AM

Besides keeping on the paper, i would say just keep your passwords in mind. Longer passwords, different passwords would be wise.
Linuld

Activity: 473

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 11:22:30 AM

<cut>

I suppose a piece of paper can not be destroyed, lost or stolen? Don't be silly!
How can that be safe, for example, in the area where strangers have full access like offices or other work spaces?

That's like having a personal PIN for ATM cards written on a piece of paper in your wallet. Grin

Nothing is 100% safe mate, and you can use any software or hardware to store your passwords if you have bad luck you will lose your password. So my advice keeps your passwords in multiple locations one you lost also you will have another one to recover your funds. Use the personal pocket hard disk to store your passwords and change that file name into something else not same like as password.
oreits11

Activity: 168

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 03:41:59 PM

to work as generating 25+ character with the phrase and use of encryption as dissapearing file of the saved password and works of the running of switching with the vbs file to put back the use as opening for the captures as submitting with the login form.
the similar ones as use of ransomware of the name heart bleed/wannacry

bitcointarget

Activity: 350

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 03:46:12 PM

I can recommend you program with a name 1 password, it is so usefull. And in mac keychain is a must! You must use some tracking/backuping program these days. Just to play safe with your funds.
Hope this is helpfull for you. Cheers

If you mean a pc program with 1 password, you shouldn't recommend those type of things since we can't make sure if they're copying our password into their database.

The best way is preparing a paper wallet and put it on the bank vault.
vasrasus

Activity: 946
Merit: 500

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 04:10:09 PM

Use google drive for storing it. And change the title of documents into something far from the word password so that if ever your google drive was hacked. The hacker can't easily find your password. You can share your info on your recovery email in case emergency happened. I heard a project that allow user to store important things using their app. Try visiting Pillar project. They have cool project product.

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
       ▄████████▀████████▄
    ▄█████████▀   ▀█████████▄
   ████   ▄█▀       ▀█▄   ████
  █████ ▄▀    ▄▄▄▄▄    ▀▄ █████
 ██████▀   ▄███▀▀▀███▄   ▀██████
▐████▀    ██▀       ▀██    ▀████▌
████     ▐██         ██▌     ████
▐████▄    ██▄       ▄██    ▄████▌
 ██████▄   ▀███▄▄▄███▀   ▄██████
  █████ ▀▄    ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄▀ █████
   ████   ▀█▄       ▄█▀   ████
    ▀█████████▄   ▄█████████▀
       ▀████████▄████████▀
           ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
.Bcnex.The Ultimate   ───2 Millions Orders/s───
Blockchain Trading Platform
..Follow us:..

▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄██████
              ▄▄▄█████▀▀████▌
        ▄▄▄████████▀ ▄██████
  ▄▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███████▌
▀███████████▀   ▄██████████
   ▀▀▀███▀    ▄███████████▌
        █▌  ██████████████
        ▐█ ██████████████▌
         █████▀ ▀████████
          ██▀      ▀████▌
                      ▀▀

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

||
LINKEDIN
MEDIUM
REDDIT

▸  BUY NOW  ◂   
shirackjs

Activity: 812
Merit: 256

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 04:13:46 PM

The best way is to write down password on a paper and use different password for different logins. I agree that it is a hassle but this is the safest way.  Smiley
ukboss

Activity: 742

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2017, 05:08:04 PM

My suggestion is never use easy password as like your name your brother name your mother name your birthday one of the your mobile number. This is a best tips use 2 step verification . Most important way to safest is 2 step verification with your personal mobile phone.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: