Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 11:05:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Best and safest way to store passwords?  (Read 2187 times)
jimbo2000

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 01:47:47 PM

You can try and have a document which stores all or some passwords and then have a password (which you remember) to unlock this document. Or the best way is to simply have a paper copy, but then you run the risk of losing it. Really the number 1 way is to remember them but it can be hard to remember dozens of passwords for various accounts and sites.

██████████████████████ ▀▄ Platio ▄▀ ██████████████████████
[TELEGRAM]│Smart Banking Ecosystem for crypto, fiat and│[FACEBOOK]
[TWITTER] │stocks, based on EOS blockchain technology │ [MEDIUM]
hieu81

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 01:58:05 PM

Don't trust any software for passwords. You can try to write them to paper. Yes its a old style but its the safest way to store passwords for big amount of money.
Ledger is suggesting to store seed to paper too Smiley
I think so! Only you known passwords is the best! Write in your brain or write to some where!
ubeng07

Activity: 364

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 12:49:51 PM

Don't trust any software for passwords. You can try to write them to paper. Yes its a old style but its the safest way to store passwords for big amount of money.
I think so! Only you known passwords is the best! Write in your brain or write to some where!
agree with that also we cant trust the software to store our password it is much better if you are more secured on all of your password like it has a copy on all either in notebook for your safety.
Teraboy

Activity: 2282
Merit: 505

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 12:54:53 PM

agree with that also we cant trust the software to store our password it is much better if you are more secured on all of your password like it has a copy on all either in notebook for your safety.
In the depth of my brain, I always thought what's the point of using all these password storing software, it seem that this kind of software just can be very harmful to its user, once the company goes nuts and sell all their client's data then so many people doomed, and yeah, I agree with you, never use password storing software.
But also, saving your password in notebook is not safety, try to safe it on raspberry pi, flashdisk, external hardisk, or something else.
Tamilson

Activity: 1022
Merit: 503

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 01:01:53 PM

I use paper and encrypted flash drive to store my passwords.

Yeah that's right. We're the same buddy.
Just print it and make many copies and hide it on different areas. In this way you'll have a lot of back up when things turned unexpectedly.

Happy Coding Life Smiley
PadenoM

Activity: 308
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 01:11:40 PM

i though about this a lot, in my opinion the best would be to store them the old fashion way, in a book on paper, I don't trust cloud storage password because you don't know who can access it and if they will hacked one day

local password storage can be dangerous if you loose your computer or crash your hdd
Morphling

Activity: 308
Merit: 134

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 01:21:32 PM

there are so many exchange and website to register nowadays and its dangerous to use the same passwords, its better to store in several different ways, and the passwords written down should be condensed

Xenrise

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 01:25:38 PM

The best way for me in storing my passwords is that going to gmail. Compose a mail and in there you can protect it! Just don't delete that mail though.
GendalfTheFireRed

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 01:59:09 PM

You can store password via software, e.g. Keepass, if you have many passwords. The best way is not to store it anywhere outside your head - make a long password that's easy to remember, e.g. "no1@thisforumcanguessmypassword". If your sentence is random enough then it will be really hard to bruteforce. Making passwords that you can't remember will just require reminders that someone else can find and use.
Kupid002

Activity: 1036
Merit: 329

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 02:20:29 PM

I use paper and encrypted flash drive to store my passwords.

Yeah that's right. We're the same buddy.
Just print it and make many copies and hide it on different areas. In this way you'll have a lot of back up when things turned unexpectedly.

I store it on my personal computer as well as saving some like of qr code . Always have a backup on everything of our accounts and always keep printer papers on your safe.

Computer , laptop then mobile phone thats where i save all my password then another copy where in tha flashdisk then notebook i dont have printer yet so I manually copy this on my notebook for me on my own thats what my safe way to store my password.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
██████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
.Defi for You.
defi.com.vn

Learn how to become your own bank and
implement a private investment strategy

▄▄                    ▄▄
█      Pawn | Sell     
           Services
      Buy   | Rent
     █
  ▀▀                    ▀▀

BartS

Activity: 980
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 05:21:42 PM

Delete your password from your local device and upload it to your mail. Like to a gmail account. This is safer and and you don't have to worry losing it.

You need to change your mail password and you need to set a authentication to access it with your phone only.
This is very insecure, an email is always online, you could get hacked at any moment of the day, while in your computer you can only be hacked while your computer is turned on and you have access to the internet, besides even if you delete the password from your local machine most of the time the password is still there you need to secure delete it.
hisuka

Activity: 882
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 10:48:28 PM

Delete your password from your local device and upload it to your mail. Like to a gmail account. This is safer and and you don't have to worry losing it.

You need to change your mail password and you need to set a authentication to access it with your phone only.
This is very insecure, an email is always online, you could get hacked at any moment of the day, while in your computer you can only be hacked while your computer is turned on and you have access to the internet, besides even if you delete the password from your local machine most of the time the password is still there you need to secure delete it.

I dont prefer to save all my details password in the email as this has the high chance to get hack your private details. Yes it is an online email and possible your email will get hack. So I prefer storing in in my computer, celphone.
VackFromOhm

Activity: 234

It's turtles all the way down!

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 10:59:56 PM

Always on paper!! Never trust programs and especially never use any online ones. No one can hack paper and you can store it in a safe or something. Look at the past password managers that have histories of hackers breaking in and getting passwords. Paper is the best way to protect yourself, across all the platforms. That's also why paper wallets are the best too if you're going to be doing a long airdrop or are planning on hodling for a very long time and don't want to touch the coins while having max security. Don't risk it!
bitterguy28

Activity: 2016
Merit: 175

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2017, 11:05:55 PM

I can recommend you program with a name 1 password, it is so usefull. And in mac keychain is a must! You must use some tracking/backuping program these days. Just to play safe with your funds.
Hope this is helpfull for you. Cheers

do not offend mate i have a question using one password in the deferrent acount do you think it safe from the hackers using one password your all account will losse.

Dodoymabs

Activity: 602

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 11:45:53 PM

I can recommend you program with a name 1 password, it is so usefull. And in mac keychain is a must! You must use some tracking/backuping program these days. Just to play safe with your funds.
Hope this is helpfull for you. Cheers

do not offend mate i have a question using one password in the deferrent acount do you think it safe from the hackers using one password your all account will losse.

For me the best and safest way to store passwords is i write it in my notes.I mean i have a notebook for back up.And my primary to store my passwords is i save it in my messenger.
yusuf98

Activity: 307
Merit: 119

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 11:59:35 PM

I prefer to create personal folders that are collaborated with automatic backup software. and the folder is backed up to the cloud drive
happyme1818

Activity: 568
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 12:00:00 AM

Hello

Does anyone know or can reccomend the best way to store passwords? Is there a program you can use or a way to encrypt a file with all your passwords on it?

Thanks
The safest way to store password is to write it in an organizer. There are free encryption key out there but I it doesn't guarantee that your password is safe from hackers. They have their own way to Crack the program.
BigTeeths

Activity: 504

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 01:50:40 AM

Storing your passwords online would still be likely to be hacked. IT experts that anything that is online can be hacked depending on the circumstances so it's best if you write it in a notebook.
The daddy

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 01:56:39 AM

Hello

Does anyone know or can reccomend the best way to store passwords? Is there a program you can use or a way to encrypt a file with all your passwords on it?

Thanks
As for me, Always store you passwords on paper. Do not always trust programs with your passwords. And never use any online ones. No one can hack your paper and you can also store it in a safe place anytime. That is why, paper wallets are the best way too in storing passwords safely.
BartS

Activity: 980
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 10:35:04 PM

Always on paper!! Never trust programs and especially never use any online ones. No one can hack paper and you can store it in a safe or something. Look at the past password managers that have histories of hackers breaking in and getting passwords. Paper is the best way to protect yourself, across all the platforms. That's also why paper wallets are the best too if you're going to be doing a long airdrop or are planning on hodling for a very long time and don't want to touch the coins while having max security. Don't risk it!
This is something I agree, many people let themselves be blinded by new technology, but the truth is that many times an old approach is sometimes the best, hackers cannot hack your password if you write them down in a piece of paper, at that point the only thing you have to worry is if someone gets access to that paper, but you can encrypt it too or you can simply store it in a safe or you can remember the password and destroy the piece of paper.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: