Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 11:07:46 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Which BTX distribution model would you prefer on October 30th?  (Voting closed: October 13, 2017, 08:15:45 PM)
Dev's Distribution Plan - 23 (28.8%)
Hybrid Distribution Plan - 39 (48.8%)
Continue 3% Weekly Airdrops - 18 (22.5%)
Total Voters: 80

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTX Distribution-Oct 30th  (Read 3473 times)
Kryptowerk
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1401

Disobey.

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 12:41:16 PM

great, this is what i get for being a newb

Well ok, we gotta keep writing. WOuld like to have a say, even though it says noob. Is it after 30 posts that you get an upgrade?
Activity is based on your posts but only increases every two weeks. It cannot increase more than by 7 (or 14 don't remember) every two weeks. So you also need to be registered on the forum long enough besides beeing active to increase your rank.
But please try to continue to provide quality posts to keep this forum healthy.

@gwestcot: I understand your position about the general scepticism towards projects with a huge stack of coins held by devs.
However with Bitcore I think it is important to notice that the team of Bitcore (BTX) are publicy known figures who proved themselves over and over again, especially with their very established sister project Bitsend.
It's really hard to determine what is better in the long run: a slower distribution that also helps getting people involved later on or a fully distributed coin but with the problem of a short-period of high airdrops which can also cause huge scepticism.

Get educated about Bitcoin. Check out Andreas Antonopoulos on Youtube. An old but gold talk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rc744Z9IjhY

Daniel Schmachtenberger on The Meta-Crisis: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kBoLVvoqVY&t=288s One of the most important talks about the current state of this planet. Go check it out.
gwestcot (OP)

Activity: 794
Merit: 272

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 01:06:16 PM

Well ok, we gotta keep writing. WOuld like to have a say, even though it says noob. Is it after 30 posts that you get an upgrade?
Activity is based on your posts but only increases every two weeks. It cannot increase more than by 7 (or 14 don't remember) every two weeks. So you also need to be registered on the forum long enough besides beeing active to increase your rank.
But please try to continue to provide quality posts to keep this forum healthy.

@gwestcot: I understand your position about the general scepticism towards projects with a huge stack of coins held by devs.
However with Bitcore I think it is important to notice that the team of Bitcore (BTX) are publicy known figures who proved themselves over and over again, especially with their very established sister project Bitsend.
It's really hard to determine what is better in the long run: a slower distribution that also helps getting people involved later on or a fully distributed coin but with the problem of a short-period of high airdrops which can also cause huge scepticism.

Such is the issues of pre-mined coins and I largely agree with what you said other than the part that they are well known figures. Only people that are hardcore crypto-enthusiasts would know them in any capacity so the casual or new people wouldn't have a clue. I just hope we can smoothly get passed this stage and get to the good stuff afterwards.  Grin
genopark

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 03:23:47 PM

Hi! Lol
e6ug

Activity: 773
Merit: 508

Bitcore (BTX) - The Future is Now

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 12:38:26 AM

Hi! Lol

looks like we have a new poll     https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2220345.0

kobri0815

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 10:48:16 AM

Hi! Lol

looks like we have a new poll     https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2220345.0

I think the new one is more balanced and closer to the dev's plan. I really like the new one
crypt0kid

Activity: 476
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 04:47:46 AM

I've had a chance to speak with Gwestcot and at the end of the day, we can both agree that what is important is the success of Bitcore. Despite my criticism of Gwestcot, I have to send him some appreciation for taking the time out of his life to put together this poll and give the community an opportunity to express our thoughts and give our to cents on the direction of the airdrops.

While I do agree with Gwestcot that we do need the coins to be distributed in a timely manner, I believe that an incremental increase will incentivize the community as well as get new people to want to join in.

Picture this scenario:
We adopt the incremental increase in the % of the airdrops. The month is November and Bitcore is depositing 5% BTX into our wallet? People will begin paying more attention to Bitcore. Fast forward to December and the airdrop percentage is up to 6% or even 7%. The community will be filled with even greater enthusiasm. Imagine the excitement in the air as YouTubers create videos about Bitcore (BTX), an upgraded Bitcoin with a larger block size than Bitcoin Cash that is paying 6% every Monday and all you have to do is hold at least 10 BTX in your desktop wallet. How do you think that people are going to react knowing that every Monday during the month of December that their holdings will increase by 6%.

Again, imagine that the month is now January and the airdrop has increased to 8%. How many people in the crypto world aren't going to want to join in and buy some BTX knowing that every Monday in the month of January, they will get an additional 8% of BTX deposited directly in their desktop wallets? Tell me, has anyone every seen or heard of such a proposal? The answer is most likely no, but that's exactly why it's going to work. The excitement factor will sell itself.

The percentages that I used are random numbers that I came up with. The devs can decide to use whatever percentage that they choose, but just imagine the level of excitement if we decided to use this type of strategy?

Get the hottest crypto on MXC: https://www.mxc.ai/auth/signup?inviteCode=13rup
Mlnklkm05

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 07:14:45 AM

Nice day to get a new airdrop by the way any news about registration for past November airdrop?
suryadi27

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 09:37:54 PM

Thank you for the poll.

Kind Regards Christian
nicwenzel

Activity: 68
Merit: 1

Anon

View Profile