Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 10:32:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Celebrity Endorsed Cryptocurrency  (Read 4386 times)
bayong

Activity: 197
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 01:30:59 PM

Now I know who's endorser behind thus ICOs especially on Centra because their token is sold out.
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
thepo1m

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 01:39:00 PM

I'm not saying anything is wrong with this projects but it concern me went a carpenter wants to do the job of a Doctor. These guys no nothing about the product they are promoting they are just doing their job and anyone listening to them do it at their own risk
Hamphser

Activity: 2478
Merit: 326

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 01:46:30 PM

Stox: Floyd Mayweather, Luis Suarez
Centra: Floyd Mayweather
Cobin Hood: Jamie Foxx.
The Game (Rapper): Paragon
Max Keiser: Maxcoin

Whats your take on celebrity endorsements with the crypto world? Do you think it actually helps? Question is how many fans actually know and care about crypto to actually invest??
It actually helps on spreading the awareness of crpytocurrency existence on which we do know those celebrities are famous and been known by lots of people which if they would able to endorsed some coins then for sure people will surely jump in with the trend which is also an advantage for those early investors who did able to put money on the project because we do know it would be already a success since the popularity is really high compared to those coins who arent endorsed by a famous celebrity.I dont know actually on its true usage because most of this coins are on hype side. Centra would be a good real life usage as far as i can see.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Cloud27

Activity: 210

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 02:13:34 PM

If there will be a celebrity endorsing the crypto-currency, I prefer a well-respected celebrity to endorse the digital currency. It is a good help for crypto-currency to improve the image. A big NO for celebrities with a tax evasion record. Despite the fact that any kind of publicity good or bad still a publicity. Still a big NO for celebrities with tax evasion record, if ever they will endorse the crypto-currency.
Filmmmakerr (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

Hello. Bye.

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 08:54:48 PM

The real question is, if you saw mayweather on the street and asked him how that stox platform is working for him I bet he'll say "Whats STOX?"  lol

Campaign Manager (2018)
Raxitto

Activity: 420

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 01:26:24 PM

Celebrities backing new coins is certainly a great way of gaining huge traction. However, it's better for the industry to see more endorsements done by celebrities who are at least somewhat related to the products they are advertising.

This was not the case with Paris Hilton and Lydian Coin. It looked totally artificial.
On Sept. 3, Paris Hilton made a posting on her Instagram to her over 7 million followers saying she was "eager to join the new @LydianCoinLtd Token," noting in a hashtag: #ThisIsNotAnAd.
The statement, made by someone widely known, helped leverage the marketing of the initial crypto-currency offering (ICO) planned by Singapore-based LydianCoin Pte for a $ 100 million sale through not programmed.
Blamsud

Activity: 503

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 01:38:54 PM

Celebrities backing new coins is certainly a great way of gaining huge traction. However, it's better for the industry to see more endorsements done by celebrities who are at least somewhat related to the products they are advertising.

This was not the case with Paris Hilton and Lydian Coin. It looked totally artificial.
On Sept. 3, Paris Hilton made a posting on her Instagram to her over 7 million followers saying she was "eager to join the new @LydianCoinLtd Token," noting in a hashtag: #ThisIsNotAnAd.
The statement, made by someone widely known, helped leverage the marketing of the initial crypto-currency offering (ICO) planned by Singapore-based LydianCoin Pte for a $ 100 million sale through not programmed.

Having a celebrity endorsing a product might be an effective way to get the ICO popular. It can be the strategy of the project to get lnown, or it was just something about the project that can be somehow related to her. It depends anyway.
shandi albert

Activity: 308
Merit: 101

FXPay.io

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 01:47:07 PM

I think the attraction of a celebrity has an influence on the crypto world, on the grounds that many of them are famous and have fans.
they do not think that fans know about bitcoin
But they consider celebrity as a tool to promote as well as market strategy so that when ico run successful

btcjoin14

Activity: 891
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 05:11:22 PM

Whats your take on celebrity endorsements with the crypto world? Do you think it actually helps? Question is how many fans actually know and care about crypto to actually invest??
It's alright, the only thing that you should watch out for is if and when they try to do a copyright claim on the project.
Filmmmakerr (OP)

Hello. Bye.

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 09:07:35 PM

In a matter of a year every celebrity will be backing a new ICO. Why wouldn't they when they can make millions to hundreds of thousands. I'd have to agree that it does turn me off from the project a bit. Instead of someone like Hilton or Wayweather promoting a coin Id much rather listen to someone like John Mcafee because he's actually got some brains, these celebs are pretty much idiots, Mayweather can't read and Hilton can't even solve a basic math equation.

Campaign Manager (2018)
rainbow169

Activity: 252

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 09:17:07 PM

Great, this will increase awareness even more but not necessarily in a good way. Celebrity endorsed Crytocurrency is even worse than normal products as not sure they have any clue how it works.. Grin
panorama

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 01:35:25 PM

I'm not sure what to think about Centra using celebrity endorsement. They must be really expensive and 99% of people it will reach probably don't own any crypto and would have no use for the card.

I'm sure it's great for branding and awareness, but I can't imagine it'll have a good ROI. I guess this is a sign ICOs are raising too much money and they have to figure out ways to spend it.

Filmmmakerr (OP)

Hello. Bye.

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 07:24:44 PM

Just added DJ Khaled to the list for CENTRA team  Undecided

Campaign Manager (2018)
JasonXIII

Activity: 106
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 07:56:29 PM

Centra: Floyd Mayweather, DJ Khaled
Paris Hilton: Lydian Coin

Don't forget Ashton Kutcher who regularly talks about cryptos on twitter https://twitter.com/aplusk
Render token last time
CryptoLex

Activity: 238
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 09:32:46 PM

Well im not sure its a good thing celebs promote crypto, as most of them prop. wont have a qlue what it means anyway... U really think Paris Hilton understands how blockchains work!
panorama

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 10:32:29 PM

Don't forget Ashton Kutcher who regularly talks about cryptos on twitter https://twitter.com/aplusk
Render token last time

Ashton Kutcher is actually a very bright and tech savvy guy, so I believe he'd understand any crypto product he endorsed. That doesn't necessarily mean it's a good product if he's just doing it to get paid, but he's someone I'd trust to at least understand what he's promoting.

Indrawan77

Activity: 1274
Merit: 516

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 11:17:03 PM

It is great to see celebrity promote the alt coin, but do they really invested in the coin or just promoting? if the celebrity also invest in the coin then it will be great for the coin, maybe it can help to increase that coin reputation and can make the fans to join to buy the coin
v3liana

Activity: 658
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 11:48:09 PM

I think it is very good. After all, many trust these people and listen to their opinion. It popularitywith cryptocurrencies.
great idea to use celebrity in ico. hoe it would accelrate cryptocurrency popularity. this kind of thing should be able attract people to be in cryto world. good thing to know.

tukangkopi

Activity: 350

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 11:51:14 PM

well by hiring the public figure of course will increase the crowdsale to reach the maximum point but keep in mind that it is not a guarantee that the coin will rise high after the release on the exchange, too risky.
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 08:23:41 AM

Let's not forget Paris Hilton: LydianCoin

I'm sure both Paris and Mayweather can talk us through the wonders of blockchain technology between two shots of vodka.

we should pay attention on things like this.
Celebrity are just there to make some noise and they are paid just to grab peoples attention to buy those shit coin. A real ico has their own unique value and they don't need this shitty endorsement just to make some noise about it. everybody says the more celebrity involved the more you need to stay away.
You really do have a point there. A very prospectus project will not need much noise or huge marketing stunts as the project will most definitely speak for itself. However, it is not bad for someone who has some free cash to throw around (some might call it investors cash) but as long as the cash can help make some impact, then why not. We cannot rule out the fact that even every good project needs good marketing and how each person wants to go about it is fine.

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: