Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 06:22:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Celebrity Endorsed Cryptocurrency  (Read 4386 times)
willmunte

Activity: 87
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 04:43:42 PM

Actually, I only know that every Floyd Mayweather is someone who has made an investment in an ICO.
Left I do not know
But if you include celebrities in the financial circles talking about BitCoin, that's pretty much it
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Yaunfitda

Activity: 2842
Merit: 575

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 04:58:03 PM

I think its really good to see celebrities endorsed cryptos because they are very influential and we know that they have a huge amount of followers. I simply tweet will put notice those coins that they are supporting. Celebrities like Paris Hilton and Floyd will probably bring enough hype to that coins resulting in investors buying it and the project successful raising the funds needed to continue it.

███████████████████████████████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████
█████████████▀▀        ▀▀██████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀████
██████████▀     ▄▄██▄▄     ▀███
██████████      ██████      ███
██████████▄     ▀▀██▀▀     ▄███
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄              ▄████
█████████████▄▄        ▄▄██████
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
SSC NAPOLI
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER
|.ROLLBOTS.|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████▀████████▀████▄
██████▄▄▄█████▄▄█████████
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀█████▀▀█████████
▀█████████▄████████▄████▀
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ROLLBIT COIN
TRADE RLB NOW!
|...PLAY NOW...
MiXxe

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 05:18:01 PM

Quote from: willmunte link=topic=2200607.msg22519288#msg225ll88 date=1507049022
Actually, I only know that every Floyd Mayweather is someone who has made an investment in an ICO.
Left I do not know
But if you include celebrities in the financial circles talking about BitCoin, that's pretty much it
I don't think he invested why? because too many Great ICO better than he promoted why such those ICO if there are much better projects to promoto or to endorse. so maybe he is paid to promote.

Qpeep

Activity: 140

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 06:11:36 PM

There is nothing worse than a celebrity endorsing a coin, this is only unkustofied hype that will be used to dump overpriced coins on people attracted by the celebrities' prestige.
bigdogdan2

Activity: 252
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 06:31:33 PM

The question everyone has to ask is, does getting the name of token or product out to people who know nothing about crypto help the token?
For the most part a celebrity does not help the crypto community itself but brings awareness to people that know nothing about crypto.

So now we look at the token itself, lets look at Cobinhood, a exchange that charges 0 fees.  Someone who knows nothing about crypto who sees Jamie Foxx, and then looks at cobinhood will still not invest in cobinhood because there is a steep learning curve first to get into crypto itself.  Jamie Foxx will do nothing for the crypto because cobinhood is not something for the mainstream audience.

Now lets look at Centra, a debit card that can be loaded with crypto and used at any brick and mortar store.  Essentially its like a loadable gift card, similar to how a Visa gift card is used.  So when teenagers see Floyd or DJ Khaled using the debit card they may want one.  The teenager that knows nothing about crypto may actually want one.  Of course this doesn't help them get a card and I'm sure if they don't know about crypto its very very unlikely the celebrity will push them into crypto itself, But if they have a friend or family already in crypto the celebrity will increase the chances that the teenager will go to that person and ask for one.  Also who wouldn't want a crypto gift card that has a potential to increase its value.

So how I see it is celebrities will help any token that has a appeal to mass market audience.  For example Etherparty / Blockcat would be a great token to have celebrity endorse (both do not currently use celebrities)  Enabling the non-crypto people to be able to use smart contracts on a daily basis is something great for the mass market audience and seeing a celebrity setting up escrow, setting up bets and wages between family members, use smart contract to buy a used car, etc.  I think would go along way to get it adopted.

OPEN Platform | Powering Blockchain Acceptance [ICO]
❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱Blockchain's First Payment API❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱
Whitepaper  ●  Slack  ●  Facebook  ●  Twitter  ●  Reddit  ●  Telegram
Filmmmakerr (OP)

Activity: 490

Hello. Bye.

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 11:31:45 PM

If Wesley snipes invested all his money into bitcoin he wouldn't of been in jail for tax invasion and his money would of doubled by now. Geez  Grin

Campaign Manager (2018)
alexcopper

Activity: 280
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 02:35:48 AM

Paris Hilton? Lol. I think you need to add UnikoinGold to that list because that's backed by Mark Cuban and Ashton Kutcher. And knowing both of those guys, it's going to go great. Also, I read that the co-founder of Ethereum Anthony Di Lorio is an advisor/investor. It's an ERC20 token for their esports betting platform called Unikrn. Really cool concept and a growing market.

This is probably the most promising one on that list other than Floyd's.

You always have to look at their investment portfolio. Ashton alone is killin it with Uber
PandaRunner

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 03:53:35 AM

There's no additional credibility offered by a celebrity. But marketing is marketing i guess.
Flagship11

Activity: 853
Merit: 144

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 05:39:00 AM

Not a fan at all. I tend to avoid alts that have endorsers.
imutlinda

Activity: 926
Merit: 256

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 06:31:00 AM

Already found some projects that way to promote with celebrities. I think it's a great way to make the project a success. Although the funds in the output should be more but if the project was successful then there is nothing wrong. But back again to the investors themselves if the project is interesting but not using the endorse in my opinion is enough
cryptowomba

Activity: 234

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 11:27:33 PM

Good for the pockets of the celebs, that's about it.

They don't care at all, and if they back the wrong horse, people will lose faith in cryptocurrencies.
torrorist

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 11:52:54 PM

Seems like Celeb endorsements are an easy way to help a coin get pumped and dumped   Undecided
DanWagner

Activity: 214

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 01:28:44 AM

I don't see the value in it , why would i need Mayweather to promote a coin to me, the guy probably doesn't even understand a bit of it.
It is now being marketed to the ''average'' people clearly.

Not a very good development i think.
tanghere02

Activity: 518

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 01:34:54 AM

You'd be surprised how many fanatics are out there. And I think this kind of endorsement from celebrities are actually a great way of advertising their coins too. Of course these celebrities don't care about the project they are endorsing in but the fans are willing to spend much for their idols, so it is really a great marketing strategy to endorse celebrities.

▄▄█████████▄▄                         ▄█▄                ▀██████▄                   ▄██████▀
        ▄█████████████████▄▄                    ▄███▄                 ▀██████▄               ▄██████▀
         ▀███████████████████▄                 ▄█████▄                  ▀██████             ██████▀
           █▀▀       ▀▀████████▄              ▄███████▄                   ██████▄         ▄██████
  ▄█▄                    ▀██████▄            ▄█████████▄                   ▀██████▄     ▄██████▀
 ▄████▄                    ▀█████▄          ▄███████████▄                    ███████▄ ▄███████
▄█████▀                     ▀█████▄        ▄██████▀██████▄                     █████▀▀▀█████▀
██████                       ██████       ▄██████   ██████▄                     ▀█▀     ▀█▀
██████                       ██████      ▄██████     ██████▄                     █       █
██████                       ██████     ▄██████       ██████▄                   ▄█▄     ▄█▄
▀██████▄                    ▄█████▀    ▄██████         ██████▄                ▄█████▄▄▄█████▄
 ▀██████▄                  ▄█████▀    ▄██████                                ███████▀ ▀███████
  ▀██████▄               ▄██████▀    ▄██████                               ▄██████▀     ▀██████▄
   ▀████████▄▄       ▄▄████████▀    ▄██████                               ▄██████         ██████▄
     ▀███████████████████████▀     ▄██████                 ██████▄      ▄██████▀           ▀██████▄
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀      ▄██████                   ██████▄   ▄██████▀               ▀██████▄
           ▀▀█████████▀▀         ▄██████                     ██████▄▄██████▀                   ▀██████▄
  O HOLD YOUR
OWN KEYS!
  O   O [SUCCESS   
RAISE
US$18mil+]
monkfishy

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 02:01:11 AM

It probably helps in bringing the word out to non-crypto people. However, this celebrity endorsement thing in any sector is incredibly annoying. It's no different in crypto as it is in razors, beers or cars.

Must be a reason people keep paying them to do it though

★★★ INTENSE COIN ★★★
BLOCKCHAIN BACKED DECENTRALISED P2P VPN
MediumTwitterSlackDiscordRedditFacebookWhitepaperBitcointalk Ann
omnik

Activity: 569

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 02:24:00 AM

It probably helps in bringing the word out to non-crypto people. However, this celebrity endorsement thing in any sector is incredibly annoying. It's no different in crypto as it is in razors, beers or cars.

Must be a reason people keep paying them to do it though
But they will be seeing it as strange act has done by the celebrity because we are know that a lot of the people were unfamiliar with the crypto called it as another fraud or scam.
The celebrity just shilling the coin which it can be determined as useless act.
Similificator

Activity: 882
Merit: 403

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 02:35:17 AM

Stox: Floyd Mayweather, Luis Suarez, Liang Tian
Centra: Floyd Mayweather, DJ Khaled
Cobin Hood: Jamie Foxx.
The Game (Rapper): Paragon
Max Keiser: Maxcoin
Paris Hilton: Lydian Coin

Whats your take on celebrity endorsements with the crypto world? Do you think it actually helps? Question is how many fans actually know and care about crypto to actually invest??

My take on this would be positive. Because i have seen a lot of fans of famous people do various stupid things just to be like their idols. And even if some of them are not that obsessed, seeing their idol talk about a certain coin. Curiosity will kick in and will probably crawl bit by bit into their heads at night. Which then may lead into them doing their own way of research about a certain coin to find out what the fuss is all about. Then probably jump in, then spread the word and so on.
shursight

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2017, 02:39:39 AM

How much are they getting paid for posting those images? last night i was thinking about that.. It is not easy to convince floyd mayweather to post an image talking about cryptocurrencies, and obviously, an ICO. But how many thousands are they paying him in order to do it? more than $100k i guess, how much do you think guys?
And Paris Hilton, lol.. Obviously that a lot of people are being convinced to participate in those icos after saying this kind of advertising.

++++++
+++++++   ++++++
+++++++  +++++++
++++++   +++++++
+++++  +++++++++
      ++++++++++     
+++++++  +++++++
+++++++   ++++++
++++++++  ++++++
++++++++   +++++
++++++++   +++++
+++++++

XRPNow
Ripple Price & News
XRP Price / Ripple News /
XRP Price Prediction

++     
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++

COINDOO
Latest Blockchain and Cryptocurrency News   
Bitcoin News Today

++     
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++

THECCPRESS
Blockchain & Cryptocurrency Tabloid
Blockchain News Today
dewanaga
Copper Member

Activity: 504
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 03:20:09 AM

How much are they getting paid for posting those images? last night i was thinking about that.. It is not easy to convince floyd mayweather to post an image talking about cryptocurrencies, and obviously, an ICO. But how many thousands are they paying him in order to do it? more than $100k i guess, how much do you think guys?
And Paris Hilton, lol.. Obviously that a lot of people are being convinced to participate in those icos after saying this kind of advertising.

it is now a lot of ico popping up, if the strategy used just like that, may not be able to find investors, the breakthrough is attracting celebrities world
DigeNarrator

Activity: 210
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 03:24:59 AM

it works only to make a hype
but how useful can it be if the coin has nothing to give?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: