Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:54:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Jump in Ethereum difficulty (+20%)  (Read 5483 times)
zenmining (OP)

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2017, 08:29:15 AM

Hi!

What happens with Ethereum difficulty today?

https://etherscan.io/chart/difficulty

Hashrate is the same, difficulty rise and reward of course down.

Anybody understand why it happened?
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hwgeek

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 08:47:53 AM

its planed, +20% 30 days ago, this week and another +20% next moth :-(.
varusisog

Activity: 123

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 08:48:15 AM

That is the result of difficult time bomb.
Brokerstar

Activity: 42

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 08:49:19 AM

Fingers crossed for the price to go to the moon then 👌
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1710

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 08:54:05 AM

We have been getting these jumps for a few months already and I am surprised there are many who have no idea what these are.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Za1n
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 08:56:49 AM

We have been getting these jumps for a few months already and I am surprised there are many who have no idea what these are.

Why bother with researching details and informing yourself about what you are mining when instead you can continue to buy rigs at 150% normal retail prices and hope for the moon! Wink  /s
Vann

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 09:26:57 AM

The Byzantium fork planned for the second week of October will roll back the ICE AGE difficulty ramp ups and return to the network difficulty predicated on the total hash rate along with a return to 15 second block times and a reward reduction to ~3 ETH. That should make the ETH mining payouts more than they have been in the last couple of months.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxtftZB7_jA&feature=youtu.be&t=1458
Jdope

Activity: 747
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 09:56:09 AM

Its the difficulty bomb, mining eth is sure going to be very unprofitable soon and looks like the prices aren't getting any better, hopefully we can mine other stuff, check out monero if you're on amd and vtc if nvidia
Vann

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 10:20:38 AM

Its the difficulty bomb, mining eth is sure going to be very unprofitable soon and looks like the prices aren't getting any better, hopefully we can mine other stuff, check out monero if you're on amd and vtc if nvidia

Right now the block reward is 5 ETH with 30 second block times, which is 10 ETH generated per minute at an artificially high difficulty from the ICE AGE ramp up's. After the Byzantium fork the block reward will be ~3 ETH every 15 seconds, or 12 ETH generated per minute and a return to a lower network difficulty predicated on the total hash rate. Assuming the price stays the same, can you explain how mining ETH will be less profitable after the fork in three weeks than it has been in the last couple of months with the ICE AGE?

xxcsu

Activity: 1498
Merit: 597

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2017, 10:35:13 AM
Last edit: September 25, 2017, 03:23:05 PM by xxcsu

Hi!

Detailed info about Ethereum Difficulty Bomb here

Another topic about Etherum difficulty jump

Learn about Merit & new rank requirements , Learn how to use MERIT , make this community better
If you like the answer you got for your question from any member ,
If you find any post useful , informative use the +Merit button.
dotachin

Activity: 41

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 02:38:24 PM

Wait. Difficulty reflects reward share of single miner to overall emission. If we have 20% difficulty increase each month over last 5 months, now miners get only 48% of emissed eth.

WHO TAKES THE REST 52% OF MINED ETH NOW? VITALICK?
Tmdz

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 02:46:15 PM

Wait. Difficulty reflects reward share of single miner to overall emission. If we have 20% difficulty increase each month over last 5 months, now miners get only 48% of emissed eth.

Jesus dude, no one gets those "secret coins"  as they do not exist.
dotachin

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 02:52:34 PM

Are you saying that emission just slows down by same 52% ?
Tmdz

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 03:25:29 PM

Are you saying that emission just slows down by same 52% ?

That is indeed the reason the block time has increased.

less blocks = less coins.
Mattthev

Activity: 966
Merit: 359

👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2017, 03:34:34 PM

Byzantium update coming
  • Byzantium releasing October 17th at block 4,370,000
  • Mining rewards to increase ~23% from current levels at that time due to difficulty bomb delay
  • 3GB Mining cards good on ETH until ~12-13th November 2018 (13.5months)
https://www.reddit.com/r/EtherMining/comments/71xfvi/byzantium_update_from_dev_call_and_3gb_mining/

Mining Bios with Performance Timings 👍 Mining-Bios.euPBE 1.7PBE 3 PRO👌⛏│AFFILIATE system 10% ref 💰💲BTC│👉 XMR-AEON-STAK 🔝⛏ Monero V9 (CNv4) ✅│XMRig AMD🔝⛏ CNv4 ✅
FIAT from BINANCE to REVOLUT 💳│🚀Upcoming/Active ICO list📈🤑│👉Free Bitcoin BTC Faucet💰💲│Guides:RX 470/480/570/580, VEGA Bios Mod Tutorial - SRB, PBE 💰💲│PBE.eu
CRYPTO to FIAT BTC💲💳│ How to Mine XMR/RYO and CN coins + Miners Downloads💰⛏│Guides:How to Mine AEON💰⛏
monerobiosedit@gmail.com│✅Did I help you? Give me some +Merit 🤜🤛👌
dotachin

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 03:38:47 PM

That is indeed the reason the block time has increased.
Already figured that out: https://etherchain.org/charts/blockTime Probably it was most reliable solution to keep exchange rates, despite its slowes transactions.
warrior333

Activity: 406
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 03:39:16 PM

If the rate of fall of production why do you get ETH? Then switch to another coin. I do think that in recent years the ETH has problems. I would not be surprised if soon we are waiting for a big dump.
Pennywis3

Activity: 327
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 06:47:14 PM

Right now the block reward is 5 ETH with 30 second block times, which is 10 ETH generated per minute at an artificially high difficulty from the ICE AGE ramp up's. After the Byzantium fork the block reward will be ~3 ETH every 15 seconds, or 12 ETH generated per minute and a return to a lower network difficulty predicated on the total hash rate. Assuming the price stays the same, can you explain how mining ETH will be less profitable after the fork in three weeks than it has been in the last couple of months with the ICE AGE?

Byzantium won't make a big difference, the profits will more or less be the same as they were before the last 20% bomb, about the same as last winter and beginning of 2017.
Since the diff is increasing and the price is not going up, ETH soon won't be a viable mining option anymore.
The only thing that can save this scenario is ETH price going up, but i don't see that happening anytime soon.
Most people that can't dual mine or can't reach 30Mh/s+ on their cards are already switching to Monero.

antantti
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 07:55:39 PM

Biggest "difficulty bomb" is the ETH/ fiat price. THAT is something you all in this thread should be worried about.

davemanet

Activity: 336

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 07:43:37 AM

Biggest "difficulty bomb" is the ETH/ fiat price. THAT is something you all in this thread should be worried about.

can you explain?
frankbuse

Activity: 67

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2017, 05:07:55 PM

@Vann Thanks for Your insights.
I switched  from eth to etc/decred last month, but yesterday I switched to zcash 6x rx580 Total 1800 hs
I am very curious what the profit of eth will become after byzanthium, I do know power usage mining zcash is down by 30% 👍👍
rodyw

Activity: 378
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 07:14:04 PM

It's really hard to get mining Eth profitable with the current difficulty  Sad

UnknownX

Activity: 175

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 07:48:28 PM

Yep, time to think where to move your hash power.

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯ 
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                       Get Your FREE Coins NOW!     
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
marthor

Activity: 60

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 08:21:27 PM

Jesus dude, no one gets those "secret coins"  as they do not exist.

One could argue that the Ethereum devs are effectively getting more coins because their relative holdings are increasing (or decreasing at a slower rate, to be pedantic). Either way, this is a win for Eth devs and a loss for miners. 
dave4925

Activity: 134
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 09:38:04 PM

It's the ice age over time.  Difficulty increases exponentially with hashrate increase.  It also reduces by less when it adjusts to a lower hashrate.  Block rewards decrease from 25 to eventually 3.  This has been resulting in block times almost doubling this year.
It really is hitting hard today.  It will not get better, until maybe the hard fork on October 9 where it should set back the ice age difficulty bomb.  The intention is to phase out PoW when Casper PoS is implemented.

1BTcdaveJEX8SrLb62YSLY7r3W9P8XQYBN
newfulluser

Activity: 267

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 09:52:32 PM

Byzantium update coming
  • Mining rewards to increase ~23% from current levels at that time due to difficulty bomb delay
https://www.reddit.com/r/EtherMining/comments/71xfvi/byzantium_update_from_dev_call_and_3gb_mining/

By November 2018 no one is going to be mining ethereum unless the price is so fucking high and the electricity is cheap enough.
I hope we will be able to stake it by then.
newfulluser

Activity: 267

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 09:55:26 PM

Well I haven't noticed a huge decrease in earnings, only if you look back to for example april you realize that mining several eth per month with a 6gpu rig was normal back then.
sevenmiles

Activity: 196

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 11:07:06 PM

Ethereum Core Dev team is implementing Metropolis Byzantium
https://np.reddit.com/r/EtherMining/comments/6ywlxg/update_from_todays_ethereum_core_dev_call_for/
, which will:
Metropolis Byzantium hits testnet on September 18th
Difficulty Bomb on September 22nd will reduce current income by approximately 20%
Metropolis Byzantium go live on October 9th (not a final date, subject to change)
Mining rewards will increase by approximately 23% after Metropolis Byzantium goes live

A group of miners, investors, developers (mainly in China??not confirmed) believed that Ethereum Core Dev team will hurt their interests:
http://www.cahf.co/
So they planned a hardfork:
"This plan is for Community Activated Hard Fork, or CAHF. You can find technical specs here: https://github.com/CAHF/Ethereum-CAHF

CAHF will be activated “right before” Byzantium HF. We will update the specific time ASAP when the blockstamp of Byzantium hardfork is updated.

CAHF chain will follow and fork existing rules of the Ethereum’s main-chain, except for issuance reduction and POS. We will maintain our POW chain which will be the Ethereum-POW chain (when Ethereum hardforks to POS).

Despite of maintaining “large” network of cryptocurrency costs lots of human resources and other consumption, we will issue 10% of pre-mine inflation for “Develop and ‘storing value’” stake. (This will be 1% inflation of total supply)

Once we mine our stake ‘privately’ and check that there is no further problem on the chain, we will make our repository ‘public’ and release our CAHF geth node. (Will be updated to our twitter account)

Our CAHF developers are serious for monetary policy of CAHF chain therefore we decided CAHF’s total supply approx. 1 billion. When CAHF chain issued total 5 hundred million, we will halve the issuance to 2.5. This decision is from that “Ethereum is not an asset, is a currency”.

We share the same belief with some very early Ethereumers, that decentralization means that more than 1 billion people in 200 countries are using Ethereum as a saving currency and payment network, which comprises of hundreds of thousands of Ethereum services, traders, exchanges and software to be decentralized. We do not believe that decentralization means a decrease of issuance so there will be no more inflation before POS change or change to POS so some accounts that has larger volume of Ethereum takes most of issuance than who doesn’t."

rodyw

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 10:50:23 AM

It's really hard to get mining Eth profitable with the current difficulty  Sad

Well I haven't noticed a huge decrease in earnings, only if you look back to for example april you realize that mining several eth per month with a 6gpu rig was normal back then.

Ok, but with the current difficulty, my hashrate (90Mh/s) and my wattage the earnings are about $1,50 a day!  Huh

Sev18

Activity: 154

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 11:02:04 AM

Ethereum difficulty bomb.. let's see would Byz fork solve this.

■■■■■■■  Multi-Algo Switching Manager - MULTIPOOL MULTIALGO Profit Switch Launcher  ■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■             https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2041971             ■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■                           Download Now!                           ■■■■■■■
rodyw

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 11:48:30 AM

Yeah, but that's in about three weeks. I sure hope it's going to solve the current difficulty, in the meantime i'm going to mine something else.

Rody81

Activity: 17

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 01:18:59 PM

Yeah, but that's in about three weeks. I sure hope it's going to solve the current difficulty, in the meantime i'm going to mine something else.

Same here.  I was planning on holding out and just sticking to ETH since I figured a lot of miners would jump ship, but after looking at the numbers and what else is out there I am going to switch.  I have a 7 card gtx 1070 rig and a 7 card gtx 1060 6gb rig, so I am thinking of mining either ZCash, Vertcoin or Ubiq.  Either way I am planning on holding the coins for a while to get greater gains.
varusisog

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 01:41:32 PM

Same here.  I was planning on holding out and just sticking to ETH since I figured a lot of miners would jump ship, but after looking at the numbers and what else is out there I am going to switch.  I have a 7 card gtx 1070 rig and a 7 card gtx 1060 6gb rig, so I am thinking of mining either ZCash, Vertcoin or Ubiq.  Either way I am planning on holding the coins for a while to get greater gains.

I agree with mining those coins. They might rise a lot later.
rodyw

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 06:23:40 PM

Difficulty was going down to 2645 so I was hoping the bomb was over, but unfortunately it's going back to 3000 again.

slovakia

Activity: 770

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 06:52:18 PM

i love this bombs
i hope that all naive miners will be jumping from ETH to VTC .. im waiting with my 10400 VTC mined 4years before, VTC to the moon  Kiss

dave4925

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 12:52:51 AM

i love this bombs
i hope that all naive miners will be jumping from ETH to VTC .. im waiting with my 10400 VTC mined 4years before, VTC to the moon  Kiss
They will probably go to ZCash first I think.

rodyw

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 09:31:30 AM

i love this bombs
i hope that all naive miners will be jumping from ETH to VTC .. im waiting with my 10400 VTC mined 4years before, VTC to the moon  Kiss

Whattomine shows me a negative result for mining VTC  Wink. So I don't think people will switch to mining VTC

davemanet

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 06:11:13 AM

Byzantium update coming

Hi Matthev, thanks for the info.  It says "After October 17th, we should see our mining rewards improve by approximately 23% from what it is after this latest difficulty bomb adjustment.".  Do you have any idea how long this will last?  I'm trying to estimate profits.  I just dont want to be surprised with another dip by 20% later... any idea?
sir4o

Activity: 67

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 08:40:24 AM

Vitalick, his girlfriend and his friends, constant parties and gaming Smiley
Mr.Hush

Activity: 12

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2017, 10:20:24 AM

I am totally agree with difficulty bomb! But only with the proportional price increase  Cool 400 usd/Eth is good enough for current difficulty.

Am I right?  Grin
EMWEE

Activity: 238

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 11:06:09 AM

I'm on free power so ill keep mining for ETH at the moment and wait for byzantium. I never sold any ETH that i mined and will HODL it. The current prices and difficulty have not convinced me to switch....yet.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project  ☞ Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
davemanet

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 11:16:03 PM

I am totally agree with difficulty bomb! But only with the proportional price increase  Cool 400 usd/Eth is good enough for current difficulty.

Am I right?  Grin

yes i agree at $300 it's not very worth it
dagarair

Activity: 847
Merit: 383

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2017, 12:02:16 AM

I pay .07 Cents for electric so still good nuff for me.  I just mine and hold anyway until it goes up then I'll take a little off the table. Today's rate is still a 389% profit.

4MW Data Center - I BUILT Tongue  - Full story below:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4789787.msg43227027#msg43227027
sexycoin69

Activity: 175

Hoqu.io – Decentralized Affiliate platform

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 02:28:46 AM

mine most profitable, sell for eth, dont be lazy!

EMWEE

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 11:13:03 AM

I guess it depends if u just sell your mining ETH instantly or HODL it.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project  ☞ Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
dagarair

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2017, 12:26:22 PM

When you have 180 rigs running chasing an extra 3% makes no sense.  Plus holding eth is what I am doing anyway.  I take some off the table when it's is high but mostly hold.

BitTeo

Activity: 266
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 12:44:21 PM

I have read ethereum pass to pos in future , anyone know when ? .
EMWEE

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 05:37:17 PM

I have read ethereum pass to pos in future , anyone know when ? .
They expect Q4 2018

rodyw

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 11:37:58 AM

In about ten days the Byzantium Hard Fork will take place, let's hope that it will have a positive effect on the difficulty

slovakia

Activity: 770

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 02:48:54 PM

i love this bombs

Whattomine shows me a negative result for mining VTC  Wink. So I don't think people will switch to mining VTC
by me= zcash+vtc=but vtc will be next giant after dead eth-bombs...lyre is very profitable for any gpus=and price is very low=roi is 1year,but future is in these coins  Kiss

davemanet

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 10:26:40 PM

In about ten days the Byzantium Hard Fork will take place, let's hope that it will have a positive effect on the difficulty

Why do you say it would have positive effect on difficulty?
Mattthev

Activity: 966
Merit: 359

👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2017, 06:40:39 AM

Why do you say it would have positive effect on difficulty?
You should read this thread or Google it. I've already posted it here.

Mining Bios with Performance Timings 👍 Mining-Bios.euPBE 1.7PBE 3 PRO👌⛏│AFFILIATE system 10% ref 💰💲BTC│👉 XMR-AEON-STAK 🔝⛏ Monero V9 (CNv4) ✅│XMRig AMD🔝⛏ CNv4 ✅
FIAT from BINANCE to REVOLUT 💳│🚀Upcoming/Active ICO list📈🤑│👉Free Bitcoin BTC Faucet💰💲│Guides:RX 470/480/570/580, VEGA Bios Mod Tutorial - SRB, PBE 💰💲│PBE.eu
CRYPTO to FIAT BTC💲💳│ How to Mine XMR/RYO and CN coins + Miners Downloads💰⛏│Guides:How to Mine AEON💰⛏
monerobiosedit@gmail.com│✅Did I help you? Give me some +Merit 🤜🤛👌
dave4925

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 08:46:59 AM

Byzantium would remove the ICE AGE effect, which is exponential instead of direct proportion of difficulty to network hashrate.  Time is no longer a part of the equation that increases difficulty.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/4vn3i2/what_is_the_ethereum_ice_age/d5zwcga/

Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 09:03:20 AM

hahahahahaha, trolls waiting for a miracle to happen cause if not then the rope will be put on their necks hehe

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
winiets

Activity: 40

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 09:26:04 AM

I'm already here with the rope on my neck.
I bought a mining rig 1 month ago with 18 Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Modded cards.
They have no display ports whatsoever they connected with risers to the Motherboard.
I get about 410-440 Mh/s at Ethash
5000 H/s at equihash.
I've started with mining ethere but it takes a long time to mine 1 full coin.
I recently switched over with 12 cards at zclassic and 6 cards at musicoin.
IMO its better to mine a cheap coin wich you get a few full coins a day.
What are your opinions on mining?
I dont see ether going up with more then 100% in the next weeks/months.
What coins are you mining with nvidia cards?
I am also thinking to mine a new coin but i dont know wich one.
Metroid

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 10:18:43 AM

I'm already here with the rope on my neck.
I bought a mining rig 1 month ago with 18 Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Modded cards.

Concerning the rope you are not alone hehe, how did you mod the gtx 1060? you can't mod the bios.

Also, look at this https://whattomine.com/coins/151-eth-ethash?utf8=%E2%9C%93&hr=420&p=2000&fee=2&cost=0.22&hcost=6000&commit=Calculate

for you to get your money back, it will take 804 days if no problems happen at all, which means put 10% more, so meaning to get your money back, it will take 900 days minimum which is almost 3 years.

winiets

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 11:07:45 AM

With modded i mean there are no display ports whatsoever.
At least the company i bought the miner said modded cards.
The cards are connected to the motherboard with risers
Metroid

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 11:11:41 AM

Well they must be mining cards however they are not better than the normal 6gb ones with display output. It's pretty much the same.

davemanet

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 02:54:05 AM

With modded i mean there are no display ports whatsoever.
At least the company i bought the miner said modded cards.
The cards are connected to the motherboard with risers

What company?  Have a link?

That is weird that Nvidia made mining cards without display adapters.

You don't need to make all of your money back.  You just need to make enough for depreciation, then sell off the system and get your money back.
winiets

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 09:50:01 AM

arcticsecrets
They sell gaming computers and recently gpu miners.
They have AMD
Nvidia 1070 and 1060
dagarair

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2017, 09:54:19 AM

not weird its the P series mining card.  They pulled out all the gaming stuff.  decent card 30 day warranty I think just like AMD.

home_miner

Activity: 12

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 10:35:44 AM

Advice of the day Smiley))
davemanet

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 08:59:15 PM

Advice of the day Smiley))

what coins do you suggest?
rodyw

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 02:32:27 PM

So the Byzantium hard fork was successful. The difficulty has dropped significantly from 3000+ to below 1500. Is it profitable to start mining again?

Metroid

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 03:06:03 PM

So the Byzantium hard fork was successful. The difficulty has dropped significantly from 3000+ to below 1500. Is it profitable to start mining again?

There is no change in profit, halved the profit, halved the difficulty, move along, there is nothing to be happy or sad about.

Gmzombie

Activity: 13
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 03:18:41 PM

Actually I'm now getting .96 coin a month with 177mh where a week ago i was getting .72 of a coin.
Metroid

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 03:29:00 PM

Actually I'm now getting .96 coin a month with 177mh where a week ago i was getting .72 of a coin.

No, you are not. It's all messed up right now. Give 2 days or so and check again then you will see your estimate monthly profit correctly.

EMWEE

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 03:31:00 PM

Looks the same here.

zuzuca

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 03:31:51 PM

yup..in the last 1-2 months the difficulty of most graphic cards mining coins that i am interested in has seen a significant increase.
Coffee135

Activity: 392
Merit: 137

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 03:35:13 PM

Do we see a permanent decline in the profitability of production ETH. Sometimes I do a burst but it's too short. My rig has 6 RX 580. I tried to dig other coins but profitability even lower. While I don't see any alternative to the ETH and watched in silence as profit decreases. May be bitcoin's gold will offer the best performance? I heard that they also can be extracted with the help of the GPU.
rodyw

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 05:43:02 PM

yup..in the last 1-2 months the difficulty of most graphic cards mining coins that i am interested in has seen a significant increase.

Sounds familiar. I decided to buy a mining rig two months ago for mining ETH or XMR. Both coins had nice profits. However, since I got my rig I barely manage to get my power costs back.  Undecided

EMWEE

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 08:50:03 AM

It all depends what the future price of ETH will be.

Oakey22

Activity: 488
Merit: 322

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 10:51:40 AM

Mining ETH has become pointless for anyone with electricity above $0.10, difficulty rising has killed it for me.
konco_kenthel

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 11:05:06 AM

Hi!

it is possible that influenced by the news of the state that would prohibit the ICO so that the time required to recover the price back have the Exchange rate high also too long.

BariaczRoni

Activity: 266

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 11:46:49 AM

I guest ETH become the hotest coin for mining.So it's difficulty increase!
Whitennerdy

Activity: 14

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 12:04:32 PM

There will be constant jumps in difficulty, look at previous charts - 100 in january now 3000 - this is only 10 month period
rodyw

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 08:00:35 AM

Mining ETH has become pointless for anyone with electricity above $0.10, difficulty rising has killed it for me.

So what are you mining now? It looks like all 'popular' coins like XMR, ZEC etc are in the same boat.

varusisog

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 02:47:29 PM

So what are you mining now? It looks like all 'popular' coins like XMR, ZEC etc are in the same boat.

The difference between the profitility is very small.
Marvell2

Activity: 1148
Merit: 132

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 03:23:54 PM

which is why the diff has not increasedfor a while, 1 year roi on gpus will do that, this is not a get quick rich scheme
1 year roi is great in any other buisness smh
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: