Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 08:26:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ASIC] Avalon Overclockable Chips and Boards :: Idaho, USA :: 0:0 Remaining  (Read 18052 times)
bitterdog

Activity: 728
Merit: 503

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 09:03:44 PM

Is this project still alive? The OP hasn't posted anything since the 21st yet his last activity was yesterday

▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄████████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀███████████████
██████████▄   ▀█████████████
████████████▄   ▀███████████
██████████████▄   ▀█████████
█████████████▀   ▄██████████
███████████▀   ▄████████████
██████████▄  ▄██████████████
███████████████████████████
 ▀████████████████████████▀
    ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀
            ▀▀▀

⬢⬢

⬢⬢

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄██████████▀▀▀█▀█▄
██ ▀█████▀     ▀██
██▌   ▀▀▀      ███
███▄           ███
████▀         ████
▀████▄     ▄▄████▀
   ▀▀▄▄▄▄████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
██████████▀▀  ▐███
██████▀▀  ▄   ████
███▀   ▄█▀   ▐████
████▄▄█▀     █████
▀█████▌ ▄▄▄ ▐████▀
   ▀▀████████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄███████▀   ▐████▄
████████  ▄███████
██████      ██████
████████  ████████
████████  ████████
▀███████  ███████▀
   ▀▀████████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄██▀█▀███▄▄
▄███▀▀▀ ▀ ▀▀█████▄
██████ ████▄ █████
██████ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████
██████ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████
██████ ████▀ █████
▀███▄▄▄ ▄ ▄▄█████▀
   ▀▀██▄█▄███▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
eroxors
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

Think. Positive. Thoughts.

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2013, 09:47:39 PM
Last edit: August 29, 2013, 04:27:15 PM by eroxors

He's a kid in Jr. High college with other concerns. He will probably come back and clear things up when the chips arrive.

MilkyLep

Activity: 583
Merit: 500

Bitcoin for all & all for Bitcoin

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 05:37:28 AM

Seeing as how Bitsyncom managed a massive clusterfuck of bulk chip delivery promises, (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=269950.msg3032534#msg3032534)
will you be pursuing a refund? There's a great chance these chips will produce horrendous ROI similar to early AM usb erupters.

bitterdog :
I'm not defending eroxors' opinion, but it is not unusual for Garr to post somewhat weekly updates here or in his Cognitive Asset thread in Securities.

Either you own the bitcoins(private keys) or you don't. However with moneroj, nobody knows what you own.
Secure. Private. Untraceable.
Bees Brothers

Activity: 457
Merit: 291

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2013, 03:07:26 PM

I believe Garr has just started college and spent this past week(s) moving from ID to MT and also moved his mining operations with him. This might be part of the reason he has been rather absent on the forums...

Don't tread on bees! http://beesbros.com
clintar

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 10:27:16 PM

Hope we can get a refund... Hope Garr comes back
Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 938

What's a GPU?

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 07:14:11 AM

Hey all,

Sorry for the long wait before this update, like BeesBros said, I'm in the process of moving and have been extremely busy the past few weeks.

As for this project, everything is ready to go on my end, we're just waiting for the delivery of the chips from Avalon, which they keep delaying just like BFL did.

--Garrett

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
MilkyLep

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 11:17:53 PM

At this point the chips are beginning to look unprofitable and worse unattainable. Yifu seems to be buckling under the pressure and implies bulk chip orders (for out of China residents) may never arrive. Since he has put up a form for refunds, what are you're opinions on requesting one? It seems some individuals in the group buy wish to request a refund...?

Either you own the bitcoins(private keys) or you don't. However with moneroj, nobody knows what you own.
Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 09:38:30 PM

At this point the chips are beginning to look unprofitable and worse unattainable. Yifu seems to be buckling under the pressure and implies bulk chip orders (for out of China residents) may never arrive. Since he has put up a form for refunds, what are you're opinions on requesting one? It seems some individuals in the group buy wish to request a refund...?

I have been confronted by a few individuals requesting refunds, and I have recently stopped accepting them because I have been doing it entirely out-of-pocket. I will poll all of the group-buy participants via email. One chip ordered will count as one vote, and if 50% or more of the chip-votes vote to request a refund, that is what we will do and everyone will be refunded at the same rate per chip that I am given back from Avalon.

I am sorry that Avalon has failed to deliver so far, and I will do everything I can to make sure this situation has the best result possible.

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
clintar

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 06:33:43 PM

I have been confronted by a few individuals requesting refunds, and I have recently stopped accepting them because I have been doing it entirely out-of-pocket. I will poll all of the group-buy participants via email. One chip ordered will count as one vote, and if 50% or more of the chip-votes vote to request a refund, that is what we will do and everyone will be refunded at the same rate per chip that I am given back from Avalon.

I am sorry that Avalon has failed to deliver so far, and I will do everything I can to make sure this situation has the best result possible.
To be clear here, are you counting % of actual votes? Otherwise, if someone doesn't see the message, they are automatically counted as for not getting a refund, right? That doesn't sound legit.
fasmax

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 12:11:04 AM

I didn't get any email but would vote for refund at this point.
32 chips.

turtle83

Activity: 322

Supersonic

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2013, 06:38:23 AM

32 chips.

same here 102 chips

Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 07:51:00 AM

I haven't sent out that email yet, you can expect to see it by the end of this week.

Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 07:51:53 AM

To be clear here, are you counting % of actual votes? Otherwise, if someone doesn't see the message, they are automatically counted as for not getting a refund, right? That doesn't sound legit.

I think you're right in your thinking: We should count non-responders as voting for a refund.

Dataroth

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 03:23:53 PM

Perhaps I'm wrong, but if we are moving forward with a refund survey, waiting is the last thing we should be doing.
Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 06:40:14 PM

I understand, and it will be sent out tonight (PST).

Perhaps I'm wrong, but if we are moving forward with a refund survey, waiting is the last thing we should be doing.

fasmax

Activity: 378

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 11:16:49 PM

I haven't received any email. Has the email been sent ?
Dataroth

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 05:56:40 PM

32 chips.

same here 102 chips

No email yet.  Am I being presumptive to say let's just go ahead and vote here?  Well anyway, here's another 50 votes for a refund.  We've got to get the ball rolling.
MilkyLep

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 09:28:47 PM
Last edit: September 07, 2013, 01:20:41 AM by MilkyLep

Hopefully now that its the weekend Garr will have some time to drop in before the frat parties start!  Tongue

As far as votes are being considered, when you say it'll be a percentage that determines refund/no refund status, are your (or Cog's) chips being included in the count and/or vote? I imagine you "own" the majority of the bulk order? Would you mind sharing a rough estimate of who owns what percentage of chips? (Private investor/group buyers/Cognitive/etc?)Sorry if I'm stating the obvious or making assumptions here, I just want everything to be clear so there are no misunderstandings, not attempting to rile anyone up.

At this point in time I'd vote for a refund as well. Unless by some miracle Avalon decides to ship 2 for 1 orders. That'd sure make my Chi feel better...

No email yet.  Am I being presumptive to say let's just go ahead and vote here?  Well anyway, here's another 50 votes for a refund.  We've got to get the ball rolling.

turtle83

Activity: 322

Supersonic

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2013, 10:19:41 PM

In addition to my yes vote... id also like to say i wouldn't mind if OP deducts some fees for handling, etc... i think a considerable amount of work was put in organizing things...

Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 11:21:53 PM

In addition to my yes vote... id also like to say i wouldn't mind if OP deducts some fees for handling, etc... i think a considerable amount of work was put in organizing things...

I just sent out an email, here is a copy of it:

Hey all,

Please respond to this email with a "YES" to vote for a refund or a "NO" to vote against a refund from Avalon. Personally, I will be voting for a refund. Avalon has failed to deliver the chips on time and is now offering a full refund in BTC. I will refund the btc recieved from Avalon to each group-buy participant proportionally to the total amount I receive from Avalon. For more info regarding the matter please refer to the forums.

Best,
Garrett

If you were a participant in the group-buy and didn't receive this, email me your vote: asic[at]garr255[dotcom]

MilkyLep: Cognitive and myself were both very large participants in this group-buy, and I will be voting yes for a refund. Cognitive's vote will come in soon.

--Garrett

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: