Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 06:03:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL ASIC STATUS 5/29  (Read 5520 times)
minternj

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 02:45:00 AM

If people want to hear about sony, they can check the other bfl threads since the history is rehashed in every one. It's rough to wade through this crap. It's like watching another superman or batman or spiderman movie, and they have to go through the origin again for half of the movie. Move on. bring up new info.

There was new info in this thread. Erk said people are smearing Sonny's name and that he forced to plead guilty. Others responded with Sonny's trial history.
The history is only rehashed because someone is trying to re-write it.

Fine then my message is to him too. I'm an equal opportunity crotchety m'fer.  Start a new thread in the legal/general/butthurt forum.

Warning about Nitrogensports.eu
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=709114.0
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 02:59:48 AM

If people want to hear about sony, they can check the other bfl threads since the history is rehashed in every one. It's rough to wade through this crap. It's like watching another superman or batman or spiderman movie, and they have to go through the origin again for half of the movie. Move on. bring up new info.

There was new info in this thread. Erk said people are smearing Sonny's name and that he forced to plead guilty. Others responded with Sonny's trial history.
The history is only rehashed because someone is trying to re-write it.

Fine then my message is to him too. I'm an equal opportunity crotchety m'fer.  Start a new thread in the legal/general/butthurt forum.

If all BFL threads turn you off so much, stop clicking on them. You can go to forums.butterflylabs.com for more carefully moderated views of BFL.
This thread says BFL ASIC Status 5/29. We are discussing that. Please stop your off topic complaints and attempt at thread derailment.

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 03:21:47 AM

Clearly doesn't have any idea who/what ASICMiner does. They sell us NEW blades, when and where people want them. The rest they put online.
So they have 2 production lines, one for selling to customers, and a second line for assembling themselves and solo mining? What would be the point of that?

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
Phil21

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 03:36:39 AM

Clearly doesn't have any idea who/what ASICMiner does. They sell us NEW blades, when and where people want them. The rest they put online.
So they have 2 production lines, one for selling to customers, and a second line for assembling themselves and solo mining? What would be the point of that?

Why would there be two lines?  Every day when the asic truck rolls up from the factory, wheel off your pallets of boards, send the number that people bought to packaging/shipping room, the rest go out to the datacenter floor.

(ASICMiner is currently expanding rapidly at the moment)

Pretty simple Smiley

YipYip

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 03:57:33 AM

crazy temps I see Cheesy this board die very soon

Since when is 76C crazy?

I run my GPU's at that all the time mining for years.
I'm sure AMD/Nvidia use a higher quality process.
Proof?

I used to work for NVIDIA. Believe me, they do.

Dont bother he only pushes the BFL band wagon

OBJECT NOT FOUND
YipYip

Activity: 574

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 04:02:53 AM

It could be a more advanced long con.  Their CEO or whatever is a convicted con man, and spent time in prison for fraud.  It's possible that he has learned from his mistakes, meaning he is now a "better" con artist.  The "best" con men tend not to go to jail because they operate inside the law as much as possible.

Here's an example...  Let's say Sonny is drawing a huge salary and one day BFL announces that their venture has failed and that they are declaring bankruptcy.  It's clear where the money went - right into Sonny's bank account.  What did he do illegal?  Will they be able to put him in jail?  

The person you are trying to smear,  posted a long straightforward explanation of the events on this forum last year, why don't you take the time to read it first?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=110868.0

Who did I smear?  He is not a convicted con artist?  He did not spend time in prison for fraud?  His father was not a professional con man?
You don't even know the name of the CEO of Butterfly Labs do you?

Another troll.

The truth hurts does it not ... u seem to be 100% BFL PR department ...good for u ..I really wish u would remove the Aus logo because dont SMEAR australia with your BFL bullshit !

OBJECT NOT FOUND
jayeeyee

Activity: 191
Merit: 110

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 06:23:25 AM

^ ^ ^
DoomDumas
Legendary

Activity: 1002

Bitcoin

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 10:04:25 AM

Jesus.  I know 50GH/s is a lot, but I never ran the numbers before.  Does that really mean Avalon owners are pulling in $10k/month at current conditions?

Only if they sell at actual price... saving those coins and selling them at 1000 U$ would be more wise !
mezzomix
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1253

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 11:46:34 AM

If one miner is earning BFL $8k/month, why would they sell it, for $2500?

They don't. Or better, they sold the miner but do not deliver.
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 02:02:40 PM

Because currenty there is a huge uncertainty of difficulty. Theoretically you could make a ROI in a couple of weeks, but in reality it might take 2 months, and after that first month any further gain might diminish very fast, so eventually it could take 3+ months to get the investment back, and there is also an exchange rate risk, the price might drop

I think after the network reached 1PH, the further increase of hash power will not be that fast and ASIC pricing will back to the traditional 3 month ROI standard

Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 03:18:28 PM

I think the picture speaks for itself, and I apologize for the quality... just took a quick snap while we were working. However, you can see that our power usage is under 5w/GH/s.

That is choice. They are excited about missing their targeted power spec by only 500%. WTG!

Buy & Hold
Transisto
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1731
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2013, 03:56:00 PM
Last edit: May 31, 2013, 04:37:27 PM by Transisto

If BFL is being stalled or overtaken by a CIA black-op I don't think we'll see many of them in jail (if alive).

(food for thought)
erk

Activity: 826

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 06:57:32 PM
Last edit: June 01, 2013, 12:12:12 AM by erk

Because currenty there is a huge uncertainty of difficulty. Theoretically you could make a ROI in a couple of weeks, but in reality it might take 2 months, and after that first month any further gain might diminish very fast, so eventually it could take 3+ months to get the investment back, and there is also an exchange rate risk, the price might drop

I think after the network reached 1PH, the further increase of hash power will not be that fast and ASIC pricing will back to the traditional 3 month ROI standard

I see that argument over and over about why not mine with the gear instead. If it takes an hour to build a single and get it out the door,  how much could you mine with a single in that hour? I doubt if you could get much over $10 worth of BTC in that time, but you can get $2500 if you sell the thing and get it out the door. It's far more lucrative to sell the hardware then it is to mine with it. Sure once sales drop off then mining becomes an option.m But the sales orders would have to drop off to less that one single every 10days before mining generate more revenue at the current difficulty.

Tigggger
Legendary

Activity: 1098

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 07:26:21 PM

I see that argument over and over about why not mine with the gear instead. If it takes an hour to build a single and get it out the door,  how much could you mine with a single in that hour? I doubt if you could get much over $10 worth of BTC in that time, but you can get $2500 if you sell the thing and get it out the door. It's far more lucrative to sell the hardware then it is to mine with it. Sure once sales drop off then mining becomes an option.

They already have the $2500, getting it 'out of the door' has no effect on their bottom line.

cdog

Activity: 1036

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 08:56:01 PM

I agree their incentive to ship is virtually nil. They can mine anonymously until preorders start dropping off, ship some units, preorders pick back up, mine with those new machines.... rinse repeat for a year, then announce VERSION 2.0! Only $5k for 100gh/s at the lowest watts/hash yet!
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 08:57:33 PM

I see that argument over and over about why not mine with the gear instead. If it takes an hour to build a single and get it out the door,  how much could you mine with a single in that hour? I doubt if you could get much over $10 worth of BTC in that time, but you can get $2500 if you sell the thing and get it out the door. It's far more lucrative to sell the hardware then it is to mine with it. Sure once sales drop off then mining becomes an option.

They already have the $2500, getting it 'out of the door' has no effect on their bottom line.

Ding ding ding. WINNER!  Grin

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
Bicknellski

Activity: 924

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 09:08:47 AM

Now they only need to ship in quantity...

1000 shipped just recently... woah wait... did you want quantity in April or October I am confused?

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
erk

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 09:12:38 AM

1000 shipped just recently... woah wait... did you want quantity in April or October I am confused?
BFL reckon they have shipped over 10,000 units, considering they are only shipping March/April orders still they must have had a lot of orders. I know April was a big order  month because that's when their chips finnaly arrived and they did that youtube video of the first tests.

erk

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 09:18:59 AM

BFL reckon they have shipped over 10,000 units, considering they are only shipping March/April orders still they must have had a lot of orders. I know April was a big order  month because that's when their chips finnaly arrived and they did that youtube video of the first tests.

Laughable.

Reckon they mined 10,000 units and shipped them 1 year late.

Considering their first chips arrived from the foundry in April 2013,  your claim is laughable. Typical troll.

I can just see a mining rig with several thousand Jalapeno systems all cabled up ti a raspberry Pi to make more profit.

Bicknellski

Activity: 924

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 09:23:04 AM
Last edit: October 26, 2013, 09:41:01 AM by Bicknellski

Laughable.

I reckon they mined with every one of those 10,000 units and shipped them late on purpose to reap the bitcoin and even now they are still 6 months behind. I bet you start seeing a flood of units flying out the door as soon as they become too costly to earn. That is what I reckon happened and it would nice to see the AG in KS take them to task. Fingers crossed BFL gets dragged to court.

They shipped how many units late? All of them were late.
They shipped how many units to spec? All of them were under spec.
They still have to ship how many units? 6 Months worth.
They still have to tape out the Monarch chip? 2 months late already.

Ya I am the one being the troll.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: