Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:54:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The value of bitcoin?  (Read 4458 times)
South Park

Activity: 2926
Merit: 798

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 10:09:25 PM

Bitcoin is something completely new, it is revolutionary and as such it is very difficult to determine what price it should have, so the only thing that we can do this to guess its value and for what I can see its value is very low right now, in my opinion a fair price for bitcoin right now will be something close to 10000 and yet we are having problems sustaining that price because the speculators keep selling when we get close to it.
kodtycoon
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 10:49:29 PM

As long as the bitcoin value is still above $5000 I still feel it is a reasonable value, even though I can say it is pretty high value. So with the decline in bitcoin prices right now I'm still relaxed to deal with situations like this.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
seven2smoke1

Activity: 532
Merit: 132

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 11:09:39 PM

As long as the bitcoin value is still above $5000 I still feel it is a reasonable value, even though I can say it is pretty high value. So with the decline in bitcoin prices right now I'm still relaxed to deal with situations like this.
This current bitcoin price is really good, and I don't think that the price can decrease to the 5k$ level, because it have a good potential and a very strong community behind it. I really don't like this situation, but I am now relaxed and I deal with the reality. I hope that the price will increase as soon as possible, because a lot of us need that bitcoin price will be recovered and reach at least the 8k$ again.
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 11:27:13 PM

What does it fundamentally change for you if it drops below the $5000 level? It seems that you aren't really that interested in the short term market. If you are a miner the value can matter, but if you're a swing trader it doesn't because it's just the volatility you are after. I never get it why people interested in the long term worry or think about the short term value that much. It doesn't make any difference for me if we drop to $5000 from here or break through $10,000. I don't have targets set I plan to sell at. I just want to ride this market out till we come to a point where the market is so insanely overbought, that the only right thing to do is to sell. Last year's peak is a perfect example of what I am talking about.
BCSHonda

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 11:38:46 PM

the pointed value of bitcoin is currently very good, so investors choose to invest in bitcoin.
good value provides a positive outlook for users and investors, as well as price developments shown in the market are gradually improving and increasing rapidly.
Some people come to the Crypto market just to invest and hold the BTC, in this case BTC is the most potent and powerful penny in the market. There is no reason why the BTC will collapse so I believe the value of BTC in the future will increase further.
alizalela7

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 03:46:26 AM

If you would have analyzed the market frequently,it was more than $4400 price of BTC. Due to volatility,it can't stay at any fixed value.
Do not look on the dark sides of bitcoin market,the ups and downs will happen always as this process designates its importance more than before.
So yes this is the right moment to make your dreams come true by holding bitcoins.
Whoever has ever done bitcoin, it would have been hard to say its worth, it gives me more material as I have more income so that I can cover my life and give I am more knowledgeable about digital money
South Park

Activity: 2926
Merit: 798

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 02:42:43 PM

What does it fundamentally change for you if it drops below the $5000 level? It seems that you aren't really that interested in the short term market. If you are a miner the value can matter, but if you're a swing trader it doesn't because it's just the volatility you are after. I never get it why people interested in the long term worry or think about the short term value that much. It doesn't make any difference for me if we drop to $5000 from here or break through $10,000. I don't have targets set I plan to sell at. I just want to ride this market out till we come to a point where the market is so insanely overbought, that the only right thing to do is to sell. Last year's peak is a perfect example of what I am talking about.
The price of 5000 is probably only relevant to him because he probably bought bitcoin at that price so as long as the price remains above that point he is not worried because he's making profits but that is just a guess because otherwise I cannot see how a particular price of bitcoin should hold that much of a relevance, I am a long term holder and I do not really care too much about the short term variations in the price.
cmacwiz

Activity: 704
Merit: 270

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 04:57:59 PM

The price of 5000 is probably only relevant to him because he probably bought bitcoin at that price so as long as the price remains above that point he is not worried because he's making profits but that is just a guess because otherwise I cannot see how a particular price of bitcoin should hold that much of a relevance, I am a long term holder and I do not really care too much about the short term variations in the price.
Although in today's date the value of bitcoin is not high but still it is recovering at a slower rate.Bitcoin's value depends on the forces of demand and supply.So if the demand is more then ita price will rise or vice versa will happen if the demand falls.Another factor is investment.The amount of investment done in bitcoin also leads to increase or decrease in price of bitcoin.People holding their bitcoins,selling or buying them also contribute to the volatilty of bitcoin.I think bitcoin will again rise high this year and will create new records again.
krishnaverma
hacker

Activity: 1330
Merit: 106

Available for rent

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 05:00:10 PM

You made a very valid point. Everyone likes to see the situation from his own perspective. In this case, if there is some person who has followed prices from beginning but has not invested, can give a better idea. I think the real value should be in $8000-$12000 range only. That $20000 mark we saw was actually quite bad for bitcoins, it should have gone there gradually to sustain it for longer.

Signature available for rent
ongkok87

Activity: 1120
Merit: 256

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 05:04:54 PM

it's true even though the value of bitcoin again decreased drastically it's not too low and still has a high value. but in the not-too-distant future, the bitcoin will have a fantastic upswing in the future

1xBit.com TICKET RUSH
                                       ▄██▄▄
    ▄▄▄▀▀█████▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄    ▄███████▄
  ▄▀      ▀█▀      ▀▄        ▄█████████████████▄
 ██▌       █       ▐██      ▄████████████████▀▀██
████▄▄   ▄▄█▄▄   ▄▄████   ▄████████████████▀████
██▀   ▀▀███████▀▀   ▀██▄▄██████████████▀▀███▄▄██
█        █████        ██████████████▀██████▀▀ ▄▀
█       █     █       ███████████▀▀███▀▀▀▀▄▀▀
 █▄▄▄▄▄▀       ▀▄▄▄▄█████████████▀▀
  ▀████▄       ▄███████████████▀▀
    ▀▀▀██▄▄▄▄▄███████████████
               ████████▀▀
               ▀█▄▄▀ ▀
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
BET ON
WORLD CUP &
COLLECT TICKETS!
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
TAKE PART
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
Goodday

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 05:18:33 PM

Bitcoin has lost more than half its value since reaching its peak near $ 20,000 by 2017 and only bitcoin fluctuations and US regulatory review continue to investigate whether the bitcoin price spike in 2017 is the result of market manipulation.
tambok

Activity: 812
Merit: 260

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 05:43:01 PM

Bitcoin has lost more than half its value since reaching its peak near $ 20,000 by 2017 and only bitcoin fluctuations and US regulatory review continue to investigate whether the bitcoin price spike in 2017 is the result of market manipulation.
It loses half, yes it is but we have to realized as well that it is not yet the end of the battle for bitcoin so we should not be worry about it, let us just stay focus whatever we are doing and just continue to value bitcoin by holding and keeping it as well as by spreading this to all the people we know.
Visbay

Activity: 1236
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 10:23:45 PM

it's true even though the value of bitcoin again decreased drastically it's not too low and still has a high value. but in the not-too-distant future, the bitcoin will have a fantastic upswing in the future
Yes bitcoin is now a day not at very high value and price but we will have to admit that it is just a temporary situation and soon price of bitcoin will become really high, bitcoin get down only for small interval of time so those who are willing use to buy at dump then wait, so small dumping cannot vanish the value of bitcoin, because people are investing as they know how valuable bitcoin is.
mia khalifa

Activity: 476

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 11:19:45 PM

I think bitcoin prices are created purely from a very high demand process and from the difficulty of getting bitcoin making bitcoin very expensive and difficult to obtain because from year to year definitely bitcoin price will be very expensive and the total supply will be thinning.
Biggapp

Activity: 574

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 10:40:21 PM

Although in today's date the value of bitcoin is not high but still it is recovering at a slower rate.Bitcoin's value depends on the forces of demand and supply.So if the demand is more then ita price will rise or vice versa will happen if the demand falls.Another factor is investment.The amount of investment done in bitcoin also leads to increase or decrease in price of bitcoin.People holding their bitcoins,selling or buying them also contribute to the volatilty of bitcoin.I think bitcoin will again rise high this year and will create new records again.
If we keep supporting bitcoin, there is no way it cannot achieve its new targets easily. The more we invest into it in the form of support, the more we get reward in the form of money. I am of the view that the more we create awareness regarding bitcoin among people all over the world, the greater would be chances for bitcoin to increase in value in short time. Support is import to create huge demand for it.
kiloiko

Activity: 339
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 05:35:39 AM

Adams Smith wrote that the price of all things are equivalent to the human labor involved in their exploitation.   The price of gold is determined by the cost in human labor to mine it.  It can then be exchanged for another commodity which takes an equal amount of labor to create it.

Over time I have been able to find ways to place a price on stocks which I can use to evaluate what their value is to me.   I can then buy and sell based on what I determine as value at any time.   

I’m not a currency speculator but I also believe the US dollar is being killed.   I don’t like having much of a cash position but would rather be fully invested.   At this time what I see is a highly inflated value of the S&P 500.  Any bonds other the very short term bonds come with too much risk tied to the Feds low interest rate policy and the increasing money supply along with quantitative easing which is placing too much fake money on the Feds balance sheet.

After many years I have developed a feel or intuition to tell me when prices are out of line.   When it comes to bitcoin I am at a loss.   I like the core concept of bitcoin and long term it seem like it will all work out but it’s value is another issue.   I just don’t have a feel for what it’s worth in exchange for food, a house, a car, gold equivalent.  It seem that it should be relatively close in value to the cost incurred by the bitcoin miners.   How do I find out what the current cost is to mine bitcoins.  It cost to mine a well know number kind of like the PE for a stork or index?

I have started to buy small amounts which I plan to hold but I really don’t like the volatility.  It is also difficult to invest in something when I don’t really have any history to give me a clue of somethings value.  I doubt I would hold if bitcoin went over 5000.  It seems to be moving a bit too fast.
All these explanations makes no sense to me at all. If you’re going to be telling me that Bitcoin has no value or that the value is being calculated by the rate of labor that is being put into producing it. All I know is wake up. Check my. Chart, and whatever I see there, that’s the value of Bitcoin. And as of today, the price rate of Bitcoin is $7500+.
rocketbits

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 08:00:33 AM

Just because bitcoin is going through some fluctuations at the moment, it does not mean the coin does not possess what it requires to be a strong and beneficial asset. Bitcoin has made people millionaire even when there was a small support from investors. It is predicted to touch 30k dollars by the end of this year but do not forget that BTC has tendency to gain a way too much value than predicted by crypto experts.
kl8847

Activity: 263

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 10:54:15 AM

i believe that the only way to destory bitcoin or any crypto currency is when the peopl ewould lost an interest for it. Then it became a worthless collectible
Tungsten-1

Activity: 994

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 09:17:11 PM

Gone are the time when Adam Smith ruled over the market and economic laws. He is history because he had so many faults and flaws in his books regarding the great depression so you cannot really rely on his theories. Bitcion has a promising future and can only be affected by the market invisible hand and the demand and supply stuff.
Okrah

Activity: 144
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 09:44:43 PM

For today's update the market back in green already. Should we hold or sell?

█ █ █████████  BITGOALS  █████████ █ █
SPORT TOKEN PROTOCOL: REWARDS FOR SPORT ACTIVITIES
https://bitgoals.com
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: