Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 03:07:45 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which hardware have i to buy to start mining?  (Read 4908 times)
Kinetic915

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 03:05:15 AM

Why it can't be use with other coins?

No onboard ram or scrypt support.  It can probably be modified to run anything using SHA256.

What is SHA256?
shaking my head...why are you even here?  go do something else like find a job a mcdonalds or flipping burgers.  BFL makes FPGA too- that's what you're looking at...another ROI gamble, not an ASIC.  BFL units in hand that are asic will set you back a couple grand.  Like others here are saying, its smart to buy up some alt currency instead and ride the wave, IE sell @>10% appreciation in value and buy it when the value is lower than 10% of expected value,  I'd say buy at 90 and sell again at 110 if you can stomach the patience. 

go do something else like find a job a mcdonalds or flipping burgers.
wow ajw.
what a dick.
 No need to insult his intelligence and the intelligence of those who do those jobs.... hes new, he obviously doesn't know anything about bitcoin but is willing to learn. 

Simpic, please do read up, especially before you consider investing in ANY mining equipment.

thank you.  Anyhow, McDonalds makes sense, 6 an hour for 80 hours per pay period -20% for taxes is equal to $384 every two weeks.  I was hoping to gain from his questions, but all I'm doing is answering them mentally. Of course I'm gonna give my 2 cents no matter how offputting it may be.

For what its worth, I didn't insult his intelligence, but I did assault his lack of willingness to find his own answers like most of us already did beforehand using google, this board and others.

that isn't what you implied.  But yes I agree there is alot of material he could find on his own.

simpic (OP)

Activity: 1242
Merit: 789

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 02:04:01 PM

Hello again,
thank you for your comments and suggestions Undecided

I abandoned the mining idea.

Sorry for my lack of willingness to find the answers before asking...

dell123

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 02:09:09 PM

Mining is a difficult thing to get into right now, unless you have a lot of coins to buy avalons on here or have someone host them for you with a reasonable hosting fee there's pretty much no room for small miners. I'm going to sell some hosting plans and possible a whole avalon unit or 2 soon so keep an eye out if you're interested.
polarhei

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Firing it up

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 05:05:19 PM

You better buy reliable contract at the first stage
faiza1990

Activity: 420

★☆★777Coin★☆★

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 06:53:40 PM

Hello again,
thank you for your comments and suggestions Undecided

I abandoned the mining idea.

Sorry for my lack of willingness to find the answers before asking...

its same happen to me I ask question and after 2 months long discussion I abandon the idea and now just buying and selling bitcoin is going with me its better at least for use of my time and money

azw409

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 08:57:27 PM

The only hardware that you could buy to make a profit mining is a time machine. Everything else will deliver losses, since when you get your hands on it hundreds will already be out there pushing up difficulty so you'll make a fraction.
faiza1990

Activity: 420

★☆★777Coin★☆★

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 05:23:39 PM

The only hardware that you could buy to make a profit mining is a time machine. Everything else will deliver losses, since when you get your hands on it hundreds will already be out there pushing up difficulty so you'll make a fraction.

good really u have to be a reward for this one

goldman

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2013, 02:31:29 AM

how about this new thing
NOW AVAILABLE FOR PRE-ORDER:
600 GH/s Bitcoin Mining Card
http://www.butterflylabs.com/

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print