Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 09:04:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is myetherwallet.com  (Read 1480 times)
babycorner17

Activity: 336
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 07:23:36 AM

hi guys, I'm guys wondering what is myetherwallet.com, they say that it isn't a wallet? but can we use it as wallet to store our ETH?
and the next question is, if we have token, how can we convert it to ETH or BTH using myetherwallet.com?
MyEtherwallet.com is a online ether wallet where to hold your ether and another ERC20 supported all token I am using this and it's very useful because you can safely store here not only eth but all erc20 tokens you buy from ICOs or get from bounty campaigns as well.

if you want to convert ETH to BTC you can by using myetherwallet because it is not an exchange.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rhomzkie26

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 07:28:45 AM

hi guys, I'm guys wondering what is myetherwallet.com, they say that it isn't a wallet? but can we use it as wallet to store our ETH?
and the next question is, if we have token, how can we convert it to ETH or BTH using myetherwallet.com?
You don't need to get worry actually, even you have any token in your MEW you can convert it into eth by simply proceeding in any Trading exchange platform that has Eth then if your token in MEW is also listed in the exchange platform you can send your token in the Platform then once has been send it will automatically converted into your Eth balance of course.
aoihs00

Activity: 700
Merit: 300

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 07:50:30 AM

Myetherwallet is "web based wallet" where you can store the ERC20 stbdard tokens. You can either add the preloaded tokens or you can also add new tokens if new ICO has arrived. With constant releases of the new token projects they have made this custom token feature so that you can update your wallet at any time.

You can not exchange your tokens on myetherwallet because it's just a wallet to store them. You can however send these tokens to different exchanger where the token is been listed already and available for exchange. That's te way to use the myetherwallet and that is what it is. A wallet.
Uhde

Activity: 616
Merit: 124

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 07:55:07 AM

Myetherwallet is a site that provides you an ethereum wallet and its private key. They provide you only a wallet. Myetherwallet is not an exchange platform. You can not convert ant cryptocurrencies there but you can only keep them there.
Al Amin

Activity: 294

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 08:01:03 AM

Myetherwallet is a website where you can generate and access your address. Read the site carefully, because it can be confusing the first time you use it. When you've created an address, you can use that to receive coins. You can access the site later to send the coins to someone else.

If you have tokens, you can't convert it to ETH of BTC using this site. You have to send it to an exchange where you can trade them for other coins.
Thanks for the topic and also your explanation. I just used myetherwallet, because the signature campaign I follow must provide myetherwallet address for gift giving. Does the token go directly to our myetherwallet address, or is there something we should do ?.

Dannaey

Activity: 468

Experience the Future of DeFi

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 10:24:24 AM

If you want to create a new wallet without having to download the blockchain and do not wish to download a big part of it, you can simply use the web based application, MyEtherWallet. You can send/receive/store ETH and other ETH based tokens. Just have multiple backups of your private key and keep safe your keystore file.

Shamster

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 10:31:22 AM

Kinda newbie question but I want buy nano ledger s so I need create for example account on MyEtherWallet and via MyEtherWallet  transfer crypto to my nano ledger? Is that correct? Thank u
Anita1873

Activity: 406

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2017, 10:48:09 AM

This is a wallet to get ERC20 tokens as no exchange wallet approve ERC tokens and if you put your exchange wallet to get your ERC tokens, you never get that. You have to save yur private key otherwise you cannot do anything in your wallet.

PTON PRE-SALE Live    █████████████     FORESTING     █████████████   PARTICIPATE NOW!
  █████ next-generation social media service based on blockchain technology   ██████
██ █  Twitter ● Facebook ● Youtube ● Telegram [EN] ● Telegram [KOR] ● Medium  █ ██ █ 
dadandandadan

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 03:29:08 PM

MyEtherwallet is an online Cryptocurrency wallet where you can store and manipulate your coins at the same time.
Yes, we can store our ETH on myEtherwallet.
You can convert your ETH using myetherwallet by making a transaction at EtherDelta.

_Arnold_

Activity: 60
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 03:03:34 PM

MyEtherWallet is a client side wallet for ETH and ERC20 tokens. I am using it on offline air gapped computer , and making offline transaction, so my priv key never touch the internet. it is very safe to do that with a computer without network card.

How is this possible to do? I mean sending ether offline?

All the instructions say that I should do this on an offline-computer. But how is that possible? I mean the computer needs to be online at some point to be able to generate the MyEtherWallet adress: "Generate & Send Offline Transaction". Otherwise I don't have a place to paste my password right?

Let's say I have two computers and one of them is never online. How can that computer be used for sending ether offline? If it is never online it cannot get into the above tab that and then paste the UTC-file in step 2, right?

What do  people mean by these transactions that they are saying they send offline? Do they use two computers for which one of them is not offline at the moment you paste the private key in there? Or is it never connected to the internet at all?
vlast01

Activity: 364
Merit: 105

Dolphins Finance TRUSTED FINANCE

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 03:12:48 AM

MyEtherWallet is a client side wallet for ETH and ERC20 tokens.
 They may say its isn't a wallet because it doesn't hold any Fiat currency and only cryptocurrency with its approximate value in dollar or other currency.
 Yes we can use it as wallet to store our ETH. Myetherwallet is one of most recommended in terms of storing Etheriums (ETH).
 If we have a token or an ERC20 token on our etherwallet we can simply convert it by using exchange which is Etherdelta.com by these we are going to trade/ sell our token to get Etherium(ETH)  as payment.

●●●●●●●●[DHOLPINS Finance - TRUSTED . PLATFORM - DHOLPHINS Finance]●●●●●●●●
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔ Useful Links ▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
Website◂ | ▸About Us◂ | ▸LitePaper◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Medium◂ |
Katabit

Activity: 203
Merit: 11

ENTRY cryptocurrency

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 09:01:57 PM

Keeping tokens in this wallet a little alarming, someone hacked it? I want to translate all the tokens into another purse, I can not figure out how to do it?

pinoyden

Activity: 756
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 01:54:33 AM

Kinda newbie question but I want buy nano ledger s so I need create for example account on MyEtherWallet and via MyEtherWallet  transfer crypto to my nano ledger? Is that correct? Thank u

yes you need to still create first a myetherwallet account in order for you to link that account on your hardware wallet. you can also transafer crypto from nano ledger to myetherwallet or myetherwallet to nano ledger (vice versa ).

MyEtherWallet is a client side wallet for ETH and ERC20 tokens. I am using it on offline air gapped computer , and making offline transaction, so my priv key never touch the internet. it is very safe to do that with a computer without network card.

How is this possible to do? I mean sending ether offline?

All the instructions say that I should do this on an offline-computer. But how is that possible? I mean the computer needs to be online at some point to be able to generate the MyEtherWallet adress: "Generate & Send Offline Transaction". Otherwise I don't have a place to paste my password right?

Let's say I have two computers and one of them is never online. How can that computer be used for sending ether offline? If it is never online it cannot get into the above tab that and then paste the UTC-file in step 2, right?

What do  people mean by these transactions that they are saying they send offline? Do they use two computers for which one of them is not offline at the moment you paste the private key in there? Or is it never connected to the internet at all?

the first step of the instruction clearly state that you need an online computer first to do the process and secondly you need an offline computer to generate the transaction.
MaryAngela_Fantocci

Activity: 462
Merit: 252

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 09:01:56 PM

Sad that the team is tired, because it is very useful service. Wish that this takeover or reorganization will improve stability and security.

.BEST.CHANGE..███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Flickkk

Activity: 434
Merit: 101

Bounty Detective

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 10:34:00 PM

MyEtherWallet For me is the best where you can store ERC20 .
i guess for me it is too risky to put all your Eth on MEW.
Just saying .

how can we convert it to ETH or BTH using myetherwallet.com?

Try To Sell your Eth on Exchanger like Cryptopia .
or You can do it on ShapeShift.ip
but shapeshift is kinda Risky .

► Bounty Detective ◄ ♦ Transparency And Trust ♦ ► Bounty Detective ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Telegram Channel|Twitter|Telegram Group|Youtube Channel
rey.fudz15

Activity: 204

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 11:44:34 PM

Keeping tokens in this wallet a little alarming, someone hacked it? I want to translate all the tokens into another purse, I can not figure out how to do it?
Huh  Huh
MEW is a very secured wallet, if you heard someone got hack that is simply someone had an access with his keys and password, it's like someone hacked your fb account because he knows your password but technically he didn't hacked fb itself.

shoreno

Activity: 1750
Merit: 118

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 02:00:33 AM

Huh  Huh
MEW is a very secured wallet, if you heard someone got hack that is simply someone had an access with his keys and password, it's like someone hacked your fb account because he knows your password but technically he didn't hacked fb itself.

someone cannot possibly knows or access your acount imediately if he doesnt know your credentials, not unless your too dumb enough to visit a phising site that is verry similar to the original ones.  @op transfering your coins to another purse wont help you also because almost all wallets are plain simillar and mew itself is verry safe although there were few feedbacks (bad feedbacks) about this wallet because they said theyve been hacked or got phised but that is actually their problem and not on the wallet.
crestella

Activity: 252
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 08:03:50 AM

What is myetherwallet.com ? Myetherwallet is a wallet or container for us to store all kinds of tokens and coins and here comes with the address of our wallet and the key of our wallet, the use of a wallet address is for people to transfer coins or tokens to our wallets, and the key use is for us to open our own wallet, if this key is lost you do not know to take care of it or fix it, then keep it key your wallet as safe as possible.
Cryptosaphire18

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 02:16:28 PM

What is myetherwallet.com ? Myetherwallet is a wallet or container for us to store all kinds of tokens and coins and here comes with the address of our wallet and the key of our wallet, the use of a wallet address is for people to transfer coins or tokens to our wallets, and the key use is for us to open our own wallet, if this key is lost you do not know to take care of it or fix it, then keep it key your wallet as safe as possible.
When it comes to storing ether (ETH) tokens and other digital assets issued on the Ethereum platform, MyEtherWallet is a solution that is easy to use and offers a lot of flexibility.MyEtherWallet is a free, open-source, client-side interface.That which allow you to interact directly with the blockchain while remaining in full control of your keys & your funds.This is where you can simply allow to create a wallet which is yours to store and keep safe of your tokens or coins and to broadcast your transactions on the blockchain through their full node. However,is not a standard Web Wallet that allows you to create an account and store your Ether on their servers.Even though you create the wallet through the web, all of your information and your funds are stored on your computer, not on the MEW servers.
AlienWithBTC

Activity: 336

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 10:49:14 PM

myetherwallet is in fact a wallet to store eth and etc and all it's respective erc20 tokens, which are build on top of those platforms.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: