Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 12:12:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to convert ICO ethereum to USD  (Read 563 times)
viper1981 (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 06:57:15 PM

When an ICO is completed, some of the ethereums need to be cash out to USD or any other currency in order to advance with the project.

How can this be done with all the restrictions that banks are imposing to blockchain?

I appreciate your comments.
salihno71

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 07:05:03 PM

You can exchange ethereum for USD on exchanges like Bitfinex, Bittrex etc. As for banks attitude towards blockchain i would rather say it's quite opposite. Many banks are looking to implement blockchain technology in theri daily operations. Cryptocurrencies on the other hand are not too welcomed by banks.
tdrinker

Activity: 276
Merit: 103

Join FlipNpik Telegram : t.me/flipnpikico

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 07:24:53 PM

You will need to find a site with which to sell your ethereum, personally I use bittstamp for my transactions. You send them ether, sell for usd and then withdraw, simple.

viper1981 (OP)

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 08:38:31 AM

thank you for your comments but this is when trading small amounts of ethereums.

i am talking for an ICO cash out.
fidentiaX

Activity: 187
Merit: 104

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 09:03:13 AM

for larger amount, you could contact more established exchanges to arrange for OTC deals.
pricing will be an issue.
renes

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 09:12:56 AM

Bitfinex or coinbase, you can convert those high amount of ethereum to usd, not all countries or banks restricted ICO projects so they can use bank accounts.
JasonXIII

Activity: 106
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 09:25:55 AM

thank you for your comments but this is when trading small amounts of ethereums.

i am talking for an ICO cash out.
If they sell in one time they dump the market, so I think they are doing it on several days on several exchanges.
wpalczynski
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 09:28:41 AM

For a high amount ICO cash out, I would personnaly go for Bitfinex but there are probably other good ways to go (Coinbase or else).

Sungoku

Activity: 462
Merit: 257

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 09:44:13 AM

When an ICO is completed, some of the ethereums need to be cash out to USD or any other currency in order to advance with the project.

How can this be done with all the restrictions that banks are imposing to blockchain?

I appreciate your comments.

if you have got a coin from ico, yes I think you can sell it in market provided,
like etherdelta, bittrex and others
Btc_1856

Activity: 1540
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 09:49:54 AM

You can find a lot of exchanges out there where you can exchange ETH to USD market. Many companies after conducting the ICO they will start converting their raised ETH to USD in the exchanges.

Voice-Of-Reason

Activity: 228
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 09:54:24 AM

it would be against their own interest doing a full ico eth dump, it would drive the price down leading to getting less fiat...

so I suppose the most effective way would be a slow market price sale during a few weeks/months
aiwazz

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 09:54:54 AM

Send me PM I can give you link to market where you can trade ETH/BTC/LTC/DASH and couple of another currency to PLN/EUR/USD.
It's reflink, so i'll not post here, just on PM if you want.
APICEMTECH

Activity: 308

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 11:10:53 AM

Why not use any of the exchanges to convert the eth in usd and then transfer that into your bank account? I have also heard that there is a large group of people who do OTC trading also.

lottesy

Activity: 53

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 11:53:41 AM

There are some new BTC friendly global banks. You can open an account really fast and transfer BTCs there. They will convert to USD and you can use for your current needs. Check this one https://wb21.com/

► The smart contract lottery ◄
Get the chance to win 10 ETH for 0.01 ETH.
http://lottesy.com (http://lottesy.com)
100degrees

Activity: 108

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 03:52:35 PM

You need to contact the exchange personally and they can give you a rate for a large amount. There will definitely be some KYC associated, but if everything is legit is should not be an issue

ZEEPIN CHAIN  ▩  Smart work, creative life  ▩  Creative Economy
Claim Your ZPT Token and Get 30% Bonus
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬◤ICO Starts January 18◥▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
VanDerWaals

Activity: 112

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 04:20:45 PM

There is no problem with exchange ETH to USD. What can be a problem is transferring USD to your bank account, it depends of country where you have your account. There can be a legislation that your bank has to report when you receive a large amount of money.
fidentiaX

Activity: 187
Merit: 104

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 04:33:20 PM

There are some new BTC friendly global banks. You can open an account really fast and transfer BTCs there. They will convert to USD and you can use for your current needs. Check this one https://wb21.com/

this is interesting, is this actually a bank?
Can't really get much information on their website.

anyone tried their services?

thanks!!
viper1981 (OP)

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 06:15:21 PM

thanks!!

i am wondering the same thing.
Aizhen05

Activity: 205

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 06:39:33 PM

thanks!!

i am wondering the same thing.

if that really exist then it such a pleasure
reflector

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 07:03:08 PM

You can find a lot of exchanges out there where you can exchange ETH to USD market. Many companies after conducting the ICO they will start converting their raised ETH to USD in the exchanges.

Newly introduced ICO coin will not be placed in the market capital list but you need to wait till it is been added to it. Then only we will be able to check and find the value of the concern coin.
If the coin value turns good you can convert it as bitcoin to exchange using any trading site for fiat conversion.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: